haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Very strange apart from the deaf zeds i am having almost the completely different experience...

I am finding ammo in civilian spots (its just reduced it seems) i have used 2 bandages completely and 1 rag from being hit with zeds and maybe i have been lucky but my pants and rain coat have only gone from pristine to worn.....

You probably finding you have to eat more because of the temperature thing?? i mean if you let yourself get cold then you have to eat more..

I am finding sway extremely easy to manage unless i have a broken arm or i am silly enough to be running so i am tired and then trying to shoot straight away.. AT rested and in crouch or prone(which how i like to shoot) there is such a small sway it hardly effects my shot at all..

Oh i found a reasonable large amount of backpacks(only 1 mountain pack but tons of taloon and 3 hunter packs thus far.)

So as i said we seem to be having very very different experiences indeed..

Interesting.

I was playing in the evening yesterday and my character was getting cold a bit so that might be it.

My jacket went from pristine to ruined in about 5 zombie hits.

For sway I tested Blaze 95. Fully rested and prone. I'd say it was reliable up to 100m, a bit unpredictable between 100-200m and anything past that was more about luck than anything else.

Very strange apart from the deaf zeds i am having almost the completely different experience...

I am finding ammo in civilian spots (its just reduced it seems) i have used 2 bandages completely and 1 rag from being hit with zeds and maybe i have been lucky but my pants and rain coat have only gone from pristine to worn.....

Try taking them off and putting them back on, states of wear and tear are bugged ATM and what appears to be worn in your inventory is actually ruined from time to time.  Even the items inside those close will not show their proper state.  I took some badly damaged bacon out of my ruined rain coat into my pants and it changed to ruined...

Edited by Barnabus

Interesting.

I was playing in the evening yesterday and my character was getting cold a bit so that might be it.

My jacket went from pristine to ruined in about 5 zombie hits.

For sway I tested Blaze 95. Fully rested and prone. I'd say it was reliable up to 100m, a bit unpredictable between 100-200m and anything past that was more about luck than anything else.

Hmmm ok cant say i have tested the blaze yet i have tried the mosin the sks and an akm (sway was ok but recoil is still wild lol) if i find one ill compare how that feels

Try taking them off and putting them back on, states of wear and tear are bugged ATM and what appears to be worn in your inventory is actually ruined from time to time.  Even the items inside those close will not show their proper state.  I took some badly damaged bacon out of my ruined rain coat into my pants and it changed to ruined...

Hmm nope they definately only worn ( i have swapped them temporarily to test how other cloths look) i have had items inside the cloths get damaged though like i say maybe i have just been lucky with the cloths thing( i have been delibrately letting zeds hit me just so i could test and they make me bleed 80% of hits)

• Like 1

I

I see zeds still get confused at what is open closed doors i have watched them stop at an open door and if i close it for them they pour through.. Still no crashes to report so they really seem to have gotten a handle on that front..

Brian said in the dev stream that they know why that zed and doors thing is happening. It's related how you need to sometimes try to open the door couple of times. Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3

Today I was able to get my hands on a "real" rabbit for the first time. Not the ones that are like a moving part of the forest texture and can only be seen by you and not your friends, but a real little entity. And a pretty damn quick one, be assured! :) Was a really nice experience hunting down that little fella. After spotting him first, which is a mayor task to begin with, because of his tiny size he almost completely vanishes in the grass, I lost sight of him when he dashed into some bushes. Took me nearly 10min of sneaking around before finding him again. Really looking forward to the implementing of the rabbit snare trap, that should make getting rabbit leg for dinner much easier.  ;)

I can´t really remember seeing to much pictures of these yet, so I thought I might share some with you.

[ten minutes of rustling and heavy swearing]

........ Ok, sorry. For some freaking reason I´m not capable of posting pictures here, all I get is:

"An error occurred
You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Perhaps I´ll give it another try in the evening...

• Like 3

Today I was able to get my hands on a "real" rabbit for the first time. Not the ones that are like a moving part of the forest texture and can only be seen by you and not your friends, but a real little entity. And a pretty damn quick one, be assured! :) Was a really nice experience hunting down that little fella. After spotting him first, which is a mayor task to begin with, because of his tiny size he almost completely vanishes in the grass, I lost sight of him when he dashed into some bushes. Took me nearly 10min of sneaking around before finding him again. Really looking forward to the implementing of the rabbit snare trap, that should make getting rabbit leg for dinner much easier.  ;)

I can´t really remember seeing to much pictures of these yet, so I thought I might share some with you.

[ten minutes of rustling and heavy swearing]

........ Ok, sorry. For some freaking reason I´m not capable of posting pictures here, all I get is:

"An error occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Perhaps I´ll give it another try in the evening...

You trying to use Steam's cloud right ?.. it wont work..Use this one to upload you screenshots ;

http://imgur.com/

• Like 1

You trying to use Steam's cloud right ?.. it wont work..Use this one to upload you screenshots ;

http://imgur.com/

Thanks for that hint mate, but I already tried that. After everything else did not work I went and started an imgur-account just for this four rabbit-hunting-pics. To no avail, though. This [*img]...[*/img]-thing i googled -> didn´t work. The "image"-button in this forums posting-window (or how you call it) -> didn´t work. Opening with other programs and copy-pasting it here -> didn´t work. I really start to question my general ability to work a pc... :o  :huh:

Please someone tell me that it´s a bug which is NOT happening between my ears! PLZ!!

Anyway, I´m off to work now. If someone might post any suggestions to help me with my plight, I will thankfully monitor them from work (don´t tell them!!!) and try to make it happen tonight!

Thanks for that hint mate, but I already tried that. After everything else did not work I went and started an imgur-account just for this four rabbit-hunting-pics. To no avail, though. This [*img]...[*/img]-thing i googled -> didn´t work. The "image"-button in this forums posting-window (or how you call it) -> didn´t work. Opening with other programs and copy-pasting it here -> didn´t work. I really start to question my general ability to work a pc... :o  :huh:

Please someone tell me that it´s a bug which is NOT happening between my ears! PLZ!!

Anyway, I´m off to work now. If someone might post any suggestions to help me with my plight, I will thankfully monitor them from work (don´t tell them!!!) and try to make it happen tonight!

Get GIMP 2 ; ( Free program )

http://www.gimp.org/

Open the image, and export it as .JPG....Done.

• Like 2

Zeds will ruin your pants/jacket in just a few hits. Nothing changed here.

It depends what clothing you are wearing, wool coat for example is strong enuf to withstand numerous of melee hits. Also I feel that the pants are the safest place to hold items, since they never get hit.

Then again it could all be random.

quick nub question since I cant find ny info and tested to see nothing return after a restart?

is persistence up on 0.49 exp?

The Gorka E visor has some weird graphical glitch i think going on with it. If you put it on and you have any kind of mask underneath it takes all the graphics off through the visor part and just shows the normal face. But if you have it on and you look in the character view log in screen it shows everything normally as it should be mask combo and helm visor.

You simply tried to embed a wrong file format in your post, perhaps .bmp? Dump your screenshot into MSPaint and save it as .jpg and you should be fine.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Killed some dude. Tried to loot his backpack but didn't see the contents, put it in the ground and didn't see the contents. I even tried switching it with mine but I didn't see the contents.

Really sucks because I didn't get to see what was inside and it was in a heavy traffic area. So time was of the essence. :|

That's been happening to me for as long as I can remember, but I've always been able to fix it by placing the clothing article to the ground.

Edited by Exorade

The Gorka E visor has some weird graphical glitch i think going on with it. If you put it on and you have any kind of mask underneath it takes all the graphics off through the visor part and just shows the normal face. But if you have it on and you look in the character view log in screen it shows everything normally as it should be mask combo and helm visor.

I can confirm this im wearing a balaclava mask and it dosent show up on my guys face behind the viser in the inventory screen but its fine in game huh weird  :huh:

The Stun Baton won't stun players, as far as I know. I met somebody in Experimental today and he gave me his baton. "Hit me with it," he said to me, "It's for science."

So I hit him in the facehole, and he said that his character felt a warm jolt of electricity run through his body. I assume that it's not working properly, but it's set up so that it will be working soon.

Do you remember what server this was on? That's exactly what my buddy did last night when we were playing, so it may have been him :p

It depends what clothing you are wearing, wool coat for example is strong enuf to withstand numerous of melee hits. Also I feel that the pants are the safest place to hold items, since they never get hit.

Then again it could all be random.

Errrr the "Riders Jacket" gets ruined or badly damaged in 1-3 hits and that's leather. Also, ladders, stairs and building floors regularly and randomly damage/ruin pants because of the bugs.

• Like 1

Also, ladders, stairs and building floors regularly and randomly damage/ruin pants because of the bugs.

Yes but I think the issue was about zombies hitting you, also you should avoid ladders etc until they work properly.

They still are 2 or 3 in each town.. i won't say that is more Zombies.. the same as before, but they are more dangerous... and they will follow you trough the forest without getting stuck in trees, which is a nice touch ..i have a nice fight with a couple deep in the forest, it really felt like the walking dead.

No there's definitely more than before .,, in kamyshovo I net about 5-7 zombies , in Cherno I killed 20 of them staying there for about 35 mins ... Id say the amount of zombies is increasing .

Yes but I think the issue was about zombies hitting you, also you should avoid ladders etc until they work properly.

This still amazes me when I hear people about this bug, in 550 hours of playing I never once had a problem on stairs or ladders. (except for rubberbanding or server crashing at the wrong moment).

• Like 4

This still amazes me when I hear people about this bug, in 550 hours of playing I never once had a problem on stairs or ladders. (except for rubberbanding or server crashing at the wrong moment).

I've not nearly played so many hours but I've never encountered the stairs and ladders thing either. I'm curious what people do differently to have this issue. The best theory I have is that it may happen more on highly populated servers and since mostly I play on exp 1st person servers, this is rarely a problem.

Killed some dude. Tried to loot his backpack but didn't see the contents, put it in the ground and didn't see the contents. I even tried switching it with mine but I didn't see the contents.

Really sucks because I didn't get to see what was inside and it was in a heavy traffic area. So time was of the essence.  :|

That's been happening to me for as long as I can remember, but I've always been able to fix it by placing the clothing article to the ground.

It's the new karma system, crime doesn't pay. 

Edited by Ebrim

Brian said in the dev stream that they know why that zed and doors thing is happening. It's related how you need to sometimes try to open the door couple of times.

Perhaps the zombies clipping through doors will be fixed with the implementation of the new door controls when they are in.

They are propably the same thing. Although they have said that the netcode is improved im still avoiding the ladders as much as I can.

Ladders used to be a big issue when DayZ first dropped, admittedly they're a lot better now. But as an example, the ladders on the building next to Vybor Smoke Stack/Chimney always injure my character when I reach the top. Weirdly, after testing this with friends only last week, only some of us were effected, some weren't. We all walked up to the base of the ladder, scrollwheeled to climb and just pressed "W" to climb to the top. Every time a couple of the guys and myself reach the top, our screen flicks white for a split second and multiple times, pants have been damaged and/or ruined :wacko: It's very strange.

As for stairs, well they seem to frickin hate me. Twice dead in Novo clock tower, casually walking up and "Your Leg Is In Pain"...... "You Are Dead". 2 times instantaneous death on steps in construction sites and one death just walking close to a construction site (I wasn't even IN the site), and one broken leg in a school on the stairs in 0.49 Exp.

I've tried walking, weapon in hand, empty hands, jogging, sprinting, crouch walking....... e.t.c.. They just hate me :(

Edited by euphoria4949

quick nub question since I cant find ny info and tested to see nothing return after a restart?

is persistence up on 0.49 exp?

"Turned of for all the servers to isolate other issues. We do have enough data on restart loop. Fixing it now."

Source...

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2gifdz/persistent_loot_not_working_on_experimental/ckjq4os

• Like 1