haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Found this in a military jail! 83

1hLDYed.jpg

Seems the Gorka E helmet has the right color, to bad that the Gorka E pant and jacket has not the right color in Dayz: http://img234.ph.126.net/GAfWcC4yKGHrZxb68EkykQ==/2120350999562862467.jpg

It's because you're now running so fast you've broken the sound barrier. :D

No no, not I have broken the sound barrier, the sound barrier in DayZ is broken by definition :D

Is no just that, i seems to be getting to places.. faster.. i can't explained, i have my little routine when i freshspawn, places that i go to first and all that.. and it feels faster.. maybe is just me.. and no.. i'm not in drugs or drunk before you ask.

Also as fresh spawn without weapon in hands you can get the bug where you don't get out of breath/run faster.

Hard to say if you really run faster when your rifle is in your hands or no. But yea it seems like that sometimes. Maybe it's just the faster but shorter steps that gives you the illusion. Also noticed that sometimes you dont get out of breath at all and sometimes you do.

When you are not out of breath it is normal that you can run faster for short time until you start to breath fast/getting out of breath. Wobo has proofed this in a vid:

The problem/bug atm (since 0.49) is that you randomly don't get out of breath at all and then you are unbeatable fast while having a weapon in your hands.

Edited by Sharplooter

so the backpack tetris monster just ate a med kit, that'll teach me not to have everything arranged just so in the improvised leather backpack (this is what I get for having an empty space I guess).  why oh why cant I just upgrade the "leather sack" to be a reasonable sized backpack anyways? improvised backpacks are just ugly (sorry art guys).

on a lighter note, I logged out with an improvised bow loaded with improvised arrows in my hand and a mosin on my back and logged back on to happily find I was still holding the bow, yesterday morning I lost a longhorn pistol doing that. in all fairness it was an unintentional logout, really more of a crash sortta thing to be honest but yeah.

anyone want a bow with some arrows and a shit load of chicken feathers? it only took two weeks to find a chicken... mmmm tasty. of course by the time I had everything to make the bow and arrows I was fully geared with other crap so I played with it for a bit - its not a skyrim bow so.... anyhow its free to a good to a good home, lemme know.

performance was the bomb, very little out of place sounds and no real lag that I could tell. when I first logged on after the update I got hit with a restart so I was a little nervous to log in again but I did anyway then 2 hours later I realized I needed to go finish some laundry. heh I thought I had only been playing for an hour tops. gee thanks devs, now I am behind in my housework :p oh and great job!

this shits better than soap operas that's for sure.

• Like 3

Anybody else experienced crashes while zooming in?

Hurray !! Zombies are scary again... :D  I just have a couple of top quality hours of game-play, i like this build.. also the body temperature management feels great... you have to keep an eye on it, but isn't to much. Great job !  :thumbsup:

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

Hurray !! Zombies are scary again

Hmm... Nope, not feeling you bro.

there's a lot more zombies than before for sure, even directly in some spawn locations!

Hmm... Nope, not feeling you bro.

Well.. i mean.. they do something now, and the AI seems to be a bit more intelligent... 

Hurray !! Zombies are scary again... :D  I just have a couple of top quality hours of game-play, i like this build.. also the body temperature management feels great... you have to keep an eye on it, but isn't to much. Great job !  :thumbsup:

Agreed, this build has been great so far. No crashes in 3.5 hours of play, no major hiccups, and only had to swap servers once due to a reset. I died once from a zombie and twice by other (asshole) players, but I'm too nice. Very good performance though and the survival aspects and zombies are getting much better.

Anyone else notice the hot bar changed? The panels are nearly completely translucent now. It's a nice touch.

• Like 1

there's a lot more zombies than before for sure, even directly in some spawn locations!

They still are 2 or 3 in each town.. i won't say that is more Zombies.. the same as before, but they are more dangerous... and they will follow you trough the forest without getting stuck in trees, which is a nice touch ..i have a nice fight with a couple deep in the forest, it really felt like the walking dead.

Edited by Cpanther

We played the last 3,5h and the update works fine.
First we played on a DE- and UK-server and both are crashing, then we joined SWE 0-4 and it runs for hours.
The melee is very good and smooth for me. If I aim for the head of a zed, I hit the head :)

We also saw some flying loot like this

vqaq2skm.jpg

pctkj989.jpg

in Nadezhino, Mogilevka, Shakhovka and Gorka.

Plus some texture issues. As the zed run to me, the model had the standard texture, after I axed him...

m8azvr38.jpg

why oh why cant I just upgrade the "leather sack" to be a reasonable sized backpack anyways?

I hope they are adding an upgrade verison of the leather sack, too. 30Slots would be perfect.

Anybody else experienced crashes while zooming in?

No, not for me or one of my friends.

Soo, nice update team - thx! :beans:

So I logged in and the first thing I noticed is that I can see my breath! Also the sun seems to be in an advanced position closer to the horizon so I'm hoping we may be getting a full day/night cycle in exp. Also, since it's a new build I immediately wanted to kill my guy. It just doesn't feel like a proper testing without a fresh start. Though just as I started looking for a place to jump from, I realized, shit wait I can see my breath! What better time to test hypothermia!? So now I'm currently sitting naked atop a lighthouse, good times.

• Like 2

They still are 2 or 3 in each town.. i won't say that is more Zombies.. the same as before, but they are more dangerous... and they will follow you trough the forest without getting stuck in trees, which is a nice touch ..i have a nice fight with a couple deep in the forest, it really felt like the walking dead.

Man I'm literally swarmed by these things. I was in this larger town by the coast, I think it may be Cherno (haven't been there before, but it's got docks, factories and stuff). I got 2 of them right on my spawning location on the beach, ran and picked up a hoe from some warehouse, killed them, then I moved from house to house looking for food to get the colors back on screen but they just kept coming. I took them out one by one but then even more came and I just couldn't keep up. And I'm was not using any guns to attract them, just melee.

Man I'm literally swarmed by these things. I was in this larger town by the coast, I think it may be Cherno (haven't been there before, but it's got docks, factories and stuff). I got 2 of them right on my spawning location on the beach, ran and picked up a hoe from some warehouse, killed them, then I moved from house to house looking for food to get the colors back on screen but they just kept coming. I took them out one by one but then even more came and I just couldn't keep up. And I'm was not using any guns to attract them, just melee.

Yeah, is always more in big towns and they respawn more often, i haven't been in any of the big cities for a while.. so i can't say if it is more than before, i try tomorrow.

So the sad news is that apparently even seeing your breath and being cold in your underwear it takes a long time to get hypothermia. Like, I never got it after a little more than 15 minutes in that state. I'm officially declaring you mentally deficient if you die of hypothermia in this build. I was getting a little antsy waiting and thought I'd see if you could "step over" the rail on a lighthouse. You can and you can also probably predict what happens immediately after.

Edited by Ebrim

So the sad news is that apparently even seeing your breath and being cold in your underwear it takes a long time to get hypothermia. Like, I never got it after a little more than 15 minutes in that state. I'm officially declaring you mentally deficient if you die of hypothermia in this build. I was getting a little antsy waiting and thought I'd see if you could "step over" the rail on a lighthouse. You can and you can also probably predict what happens immediately after.

Also, is not hard to manage.. running for long time seems to get you temperature up, also being in the forest drops you temperature.. being in the sun light also seems to get you temperature up... i just spend all the time putting a jacket on and off to regulate my temperature... i didn't have time to test this properly.. but that seems to be the mechanics.

Edited by Cpanther

I had a thermometer, with 36.7°C I was fine and got no temp messages, but then it starts to rain. I cooled off to 35.7-8°C and got the yellow "Cold" state, I cooled off more and reached the orange "Freezing" state at 35.0°C. Then I decide to go under a tree (for stop getting wet/soaked) and made a fire nearby. It took a while and I got dry and finally the temperatur rose till 36.6°C, all temp states and message were gone. A nice experience and I had really fun, thank you developers :)

I found btw a Mi-8 crash site north of the NWAF, but only a tactical shirt was there (mabye someone was before me there or the loot was under the ground like the half heli), btw no smoke -> not that easy to spot:

1aTKsKt.jpg

"fun fact": After I left the crash site 30 seconds ago I saw 5 guys running to the heli, I was totally paniced and ran like a chicken. But they seemed to care just for the crash site:

AeLVmRp.jpg

God was that intens...

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 3

Are we on Earth anymore? The sun didn't seem in quite the right spot, I picked up a compass to check and sure enough... It's in the South.

Are we on Earth anymore? The sun didn't seem in quite the right spot, I picked up a compass to check and sure enough... It's in the South.

Yeah, i noticed that too..it took me in completely the wrong direction and i ended up by the sea when i was trying to go west...

Has anybody else noticed it is raining inside buildings now ? (on experimental)

or is that controlled by a video setting ??

Is the healthy status indicator bugged now? I logged into a zombie beating me half to death with a broken arm and very little color on my screen. Found some food and a water well and used until I was light green for both energized and hydrated. I stopped because I was stuffed but I never got any indication that I was healing but my color slowly came back and I seem to be in good shape

Edit: was able to achieve the healing/healthy status, was 1 soda away

Edited by Tobias Winfro

Actually.. scratch that.. i just realize that the Sun is at highest point (Midday) which is why is in the south.. we just haven't seem the sun in that position before in DayZ.

Edited by Cpanther

I can confirm that the Balota military camp is still present on this build. So is the one near Pavlovo. I didn't see any loot in the Balota tents at all, which leads me to believe they've already turned off loot spawns there. I got killed by another player as I was leaving the area of Zelenogorsk so I didn't get to check any farther north.