haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

anyone else noticed persistence not working ? i just threw my fireplacekit on the floor, hacked down a tree lit up the fire and threw all my fresh hunted deer steak in there ... CONNECTION LOST 

i thought wait ... persistent objects like the fireplace should stay where they are ... server back up ... connected  :O fireplacekit + steaks gone ...... im hungry in the woods :(

Helmet+Baton+uniform = Police brutality is in with this update

• Like 1

FqsscDi.jpg

Whoa. Hotbar icons are huge and have no numbering.

Welcome the first signs of the PS4 adjustments... i also expect the hotbar to go down to only 4 slots soon.

Oh my f**king god! I was a bit disappointed when I saw the image of the helmet with the visor on it, because I love the appearance of the MASKA helmet without mask. But this is soooo awesome! :D

Boots do not dry when you move them to backpack and back to feet but jackets and pants do.

Boots had to be put on floor to dry.

Rain graphic inside buildings is a thing I think we are all familiar with. Jail and blue warehouse allowed rain to show through.

I was wondering about a few things RE: body temps.

I am an all weather/all year cyclist and when you are engaged in cardio while wearing rain gear you will heat up significantly and in less than an hour (in most cases) the under layers of your clothes are completely soaked through. It is well understood that this is necessary trade off with wet weather activity and you will carry less water weight and feel warmer with rain gear at least repelling the outside water. My point here is that if you stop the activity keeping you warm, the under layers will feel damp and become cold rather rapidly if you do not immediately seek shelter/warmth and dry off. I think this could be factored into the current temp system.

I have also found that when you are cold you burn significantly more calories while engaged in physically intense activities just trying to keep body temp up. I'm sure it has been discussed already but I guess it bears mentioning again.

My character was cold and I tried running in place (into a corner of a building) for a few minutes to see if it would warm me, but it did not (I may not have ran long enough, or the ambient temp was too low).

Trying to fight zeds with a hoe, I can't find an axe with this character so no fire to warm myself, OR splint to mend my broken arm.

I found I need to aim high with the hoe (as mentioned by others I believe).

I found a lot of .22 rounds but only one clip for the SKS I have.

Carrying a .45 in hopes I find rounds for that.

I've been so busy just surviving that I haven't been able to strike out looking for fancy loots yet.... :/

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

anyone else noticed persistence not working ?

Yes look some sites back, persistence don't work since days. The update today didn't change anything with persistence :(

I hope they fix this before pushing to stable, persistence for all stable servers (not only for a few offical ones) was the main promise for 0.49...

Edit: Even tents disappears after restart lol... (had yesterday the chance to test it)

Edited by Sharplooter

There are Zombies in novo and the under construction town west of novo . I mean lots of zombies ...

My FPS took a dive when i came to under construction town and i wondered why and when i looked up the sky was full of loot every where high in the sky. As i got further out of town it was still there and by the time i got to the tan coloured wooden house outside the town limits the floating loot was at head height( of which i snafffled a sks from the out of thin air (literally lol).

But no crashes in an hour and a half so all good on that front..

There are Zombies in novo and the under construction town west of novo . I mean lots of zombies ...

My FPS took a dive when i came to under construction town and i wondered why and when i looked up the sky was full of loot every where high in the sky. As i got further out of town it was still there and by the time i got to the tan coloured wooden house outside the town limits the floating loot was at head height( of which i snafffled a sks from the out of thin air (literally lol).

But no crashes in an hour and a half so all good on that front..

did under construction got its upgrade?

just got killed by invisible Zs on "DayZ DE 0-1 (Experimental/Testing)"

Is me or everything feels... "faster". ? I feel like i driving a motorbike instead of running.. 

Is me or everything feels... "faster". ? I feel like i driving a motorbike instead of running.. 

Watch out if your breath sound disappears when you run so fast, I noticed this bug a couple of days before. Its like you never get out of breath, of course you run then faster.

Edited by Sharplooter

Watch out if your breath sound disappears when you run so fast, I noticed this bug a couple of days before. Its like you never get out of breath, of course you run then faster.

It's because you're now running so fast you've broken the sound barrier. :D

I haven't played newest patch yet, very curious, couple hours yet to wait.

Is no just that, i seems to be getting to places.. faster.. i can't explained, i have my little routine when i freshspawn, places that i go to first and all that.. and it feels faster.. maybe is just me.. and no.. i'm not in drugs or drunk before you ask.

Edited by Cpanther

Well best 0.49 so far. Played over an hour before first "no message received". Hard to say if you really run faster when your rifle is in your hands or no. But yea it seems like that sometimes. Maybe it's just the faster but shorter steps that gives you the illusion. Also noticed that sometimes you dont get out of breath at all and sometimes you do. Maybe it's server going down/desync related aswell? Most anoying new-old bug is the one where your item at your hands changes middle of a melee fight. Guns seem really rare. Which is not a bad thing. Only seen Blaze, SKS and the old shotgun past few days. And some 1911's and Makarovs. Is it just me or do you always find all the ammo in the world except the one you need for the gun you have. :)

• Like 1

Did Zeds open doors before this patch? I just looted the police station in Staroye when the door popped open and 5 of them rushed in... :huh:  Hmmm.. Where's barricading when you need it ;)?

Did Zeds open doors before this patch? I just looted the police station in Staroye when the door popped open and 5 of them rushed in... :huh:  Hmmm.. Where's barricading when you need it ;)?

Ir would be cool if they did

Has anyone used the side chat in the latest patch?

My mic is fucked just now and rather than engage in long winded discussions on side chat, if the person looks friendly, I will raise my hand and then put into side chat "no mic, sorry".

However twice I have done that and twice the game has crashed to the desktop within 30 seconds or so.

It may be completely unrelated and I realise nobody else uses side chat, but I am merely doing so as a temporary stop gap.

Edited by ricp

Has anyone used the side chat in the latest patch?

My mic is fucked just now and rather than engage in long winded discussions on side chat, if the person looks friendly, I will raise my hand and then put into side chat "no mic, sorry".

However twice I have done that and twice the game has crashed to the desktop within 30 seconds or so.

It may be completely unrelated and I realise nobody else uses side chat, but I am merely doing so as a temporary stop gap.

Don't know.. i just don't communicate with other humans full stop..i do have nice chats with Zombies, but i get the feeling they aren't listening to me...

• Like 1

Ir would be cool if they did

Just before they came in I heard footsteps next to the house. I went down the stairs and headed towards the front door when it opened. There was definetly no other player arround because I legged out immediately and saw noone.

Btw. are there any crossbow bolts spawning? I'm asking because I find crossbows everywhere but no ammunition. Even in the giant knee deep loot piles of the experimental past there were none. 

Found this in a military jail! 83

1hLDYed.jpg

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 5

Found a Police Car for the first time since they became dynamic.... Although this may be part of the reason they seem so rare.

3mlzLfq.jpg

• Like 2