SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

c'mom guys... what are 2-8 fps?

if there isnt at least 20-30 fps improvement then there is none...

look at games like cs or cod.... where the players have 250 fps and more...

we really dont need details like a fluttering leave in the wind... but we need more performance and a lag and stuttering free gameplay...

Gotta start somewhere tbh, if they can get 2-8 fps here and there, it will be alot in the end :)

Its not like they have a magic switch to boost fps by 500% hehe.

It would not have been a fair comparison back while DayZ was just a mod. However, DayZ is now is well funded. The team had access to modify their way to a newish engine to tailor it to the needs of DayZ. Those needs should have included 30+ if not 60 fps.

Correction, they are still improving it, so you cant really compare it to a finished product, let alone a game with as small maps as CS and COD.

DayZ is a completely different ballgame, theres ALOT more going on under the hood then the games you mention.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

c'mom guys... what are 2-8 fps?

if there isnt at least 20-30 fps improvement then there is none...

look at games like cs or cod.... where the players have 250 fps and more...

we really dont need details like a fluttering leave in the wind... but we need more performance and a lag and stuttering free gameplay.

I don't  want to rubbish your post but a little bit of search button i uncovered this from numerous forums... anything over 120fps is a waste assuming you have a 120hz monitor ...and as most people have a 60hz anything over 60fps is a waste due to screen refresh rate... but even more so to the point it is believed that most human eyes cannot register any difference in images beyond the 60-75fps range ..take note of the word images before the hate mail ... it is also understood most xbox  games... halo 3/..BF etc are locked at 30fps and I don't recall excessive post complaining about fps  ...with that said it is believed there is a highly notable difference from 30fps to 60fps... so anything beyond that is purely bragging rights ..I personally will happily take 2-8fps but what I would prefer much more is a constant 20fps to 30 fps not 30fps zoom on scope drop to 8fps then spike back up

• Like 4

You can't seem to read this and the other threads in this section :D

There aren't, that's why you can't find the servers.

I had to read nearly every page until i got an answer... sweet. Should be on the first page.

The update is purely to allow us to track data on the hive which is why there are very few server instances online.

I had to read nearly every page until i got an answer... sweet. Should be on the first page.

So Im just saying.. its not only on the 1st page.. its in the OP.

Good thing its experimental! huh? yeah it is! wouldnt want this in a finished game do we now? nope.. oh thats right its both on experimental branch in alpher stage. strange.. i wouldnt have expected big bugs in this stage.

WHERES CARS!?!?! 

WE DONT NEED CARS. with this sprint i prefer to run...

what we actually need is some sort of storage place!! so clans, groups and lone wolves like me could store loot and protect it! we need it because there's nothing to do in this game right now and this will improve the gameplay!!

• Like 3

what we actually need is some sort of storage place!! so clans, groups and lone wolves like me could store loot and protect it! we need it because there's nothing to do in this game right now and this will improve the gameplay!!

Exactly my thoughts! We need storage so badly! I got pretty used to running by now! :) Have my beans sir

i would love to have "skill" measured in days you're able to survive. but no... let's bring hoarding back to the pvp fest. +more hats

It would not have been a fair comparison back while DayZ was just a mod. However, DayZ is now is well funded. The team had access to modify their way to a newish engine to tailor it to the needs of DayZ. Those needs should have included 30+ if not 60 fps.

And eventually we will see those "30+ if not 60 fps" when the clientside optimizations are brought into the game.  This has been discussed so many times in other forums topics.  Every little bit of fps gained is a big plus in my book.. so yes, I think 2-8 fps is a respectable gain.  Especially when it comes to the larger cities.  I probably want some massive fps boost for DayZ SA just as much as the next person, but there are other priorities the devs has stated are being worked on first.  And I am very cool with that.    

In the meantime, I'll be happy stalking bandits at 25 fps in the big cities.  lol 

any info about the experimental servers and when they are going back online?

No nothing... :/

ffs man.. how do you not comprehend the insurmountable amount of sarcasm in that statement..  

i was making a statement about the stupidity of asking for cars.

Edited by Frozenjaws

How about cars with the ability to store crap in them.

Two turds with one stone!

no but since Rocket stated that the next stable patch ( including hunting) will be out by the end of may we should prepare for heavy exp. testing pretty soon

In my opinion it is a litte bit disapointing, that there is no information about why the exp servers are down and when the exp server will be up again. I know Hicks said that they will be up when they are pushing out a new version 

I Think it is the first time, that the exp servers are down for such a long time.. 

Edited by Rancor

In my opinion it is a litte bit disapointing, that there is no information about why the exp servers are down and when the exp server will be up again. I know Hicks said that they will be up when they are pushing out a new version 

I Think it is the first time, that the exp servers are down for such a long time..

You are wrong about that, they have been before and also for more time. I can't recall the exact period, but it happened when some "major" patches have been deployed to stable.

...didn't they say that 64 bit support ( serverside) will be tested soon..

Yes they did. Soon, I hope...this week, they said. That alone, anyway, would not give us a real experimental patch I think, more it is needed.

I can't wait to use the experimental branch again.

It's not rubberbanding. It's a yoyo. :lol:

New spawn places too. I tried two times. Both times i spawned inland. But playing the game was imposible because of the teleporting back to the past.

"Player: - Game is unplayble!

DEV: - Well it's experimental. Go play stable!"

doh... do they want us to test the experimental or not?

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes no. This would be a time that it is a no.

Brian Hicks@Hicks_20622m

Take AKM in hands

Expand Collapse

Pretty cryptic tweet from Hicks. Does this mean experimental is up or about to come back up? I'm not at home so I can't check.

Unfortunately not.....yet at least. There are two pass worded servers running a newer version of exp but no telling if it is coming tonight.

Wish people would shut the fuck up about vehicles. Obviously they're working on them, but they're a major addition that will affect so much when they're in, just learn to wait.

• Like 4

whats thursday?

Server maintenance, so possibly new exp update and the new month so my internet is refreshed so i can play dayz again