SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Two password protected servers on. Switched  just to experimental as I saw them in the steam server list and got a little bit disapointed.

They are testing the new town, and large city. 

Hicks just posted on twitter that the new building will be in the next exp. update. Since they are down currently, I would assume the next time they go up we have a new town in the North. ;)

• Like 2

Hicks just posted on twitter that the new building will be in the next exp. update. Since they are down currently, I would assume the next time they go up we have a new town in the North. ;)

We can only hope ... Karmanakova motha' fu**ers !! Can't wait to see that "huge city " (has adosk in the name and is mentioned in the newest dev blog , supposed to be a long city and coming in the future ) .

I'm excited for the new tiger stripe(?) camo, would love to see hunter jackets, flecktarn/BPM jackets/pants too. Then I would be at peace  :P

• Like 3

I'm excited for the new tiger stripe(?) camo, would love to see hunter jackets, flecktarn/BPM jackets/pants too. Then I would be at peace  :P

Where did you see this info about new camo? Link please

60 rounds per one cell - bug or a normal little trick?
If trick, why I can`t classify rounds without stanag? <_<

40589182_1167509_1167509.png

Cant wait!

• Like 3

60 rounds per one cell - bug or a normal little trick?

If trick, why I can`t classify rounds without stanag? <_<

You can make them into stacks of 60 if you empty a 60 round magazine. Makes storing them in an ammo box much more efficient.

• Like 5

Until the next update, here is an Exclusive screenshot of the AKM 75rnd with Campfire http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-exclusive-akm-with-drum-mag-campfire-screenshot/

Saw that too, hoping for the that and the new town to be added to exp for us tomorrow (well, I guess it is tomorrow for most of you already..)

• Like 2

You can make them into stacks of 60 if you empty a 60 round magazine. Makes storing them in an ammo box much more efficient.

I know, but the question wasn`t about that.

AKM with Drum Mag is the stupid joke, but let it be a joke and not a game-reality, FML! ;)

Looks good.

Are any joinable experimentals up?

Tell me you found an SVD, I need it!

Edited by MetapoliC

that uniform looks cool, but would be better with an ant stab vest, blue/boack beret or blue ballistic helmet.

Also i REALLY hope they fix the crossbow bugs next patch, especially the ones from the m4 sights.

• Like 1

Did I miss something? The experimental servers have been offline for ages now, this can't be an update or some maintenance. They have been unavailable for about a week now! What baffles me the most is that I couldn't find another topic on this. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the experimental servers? This is not normal.

I started a thread on here a few days back and it was generally met with a consensual "meh".

There was some chat, I believe on twitter, that the experimental servers were taken down in order to migrate them to 64 bit. Why this would mean all the servers would be down for a week I'm not sure as you would presume that migration code would be done in a closed environment then when relatively stable pushed into the wild on the experimental servers. 

It does seem a little odd, especially as the dev build is currently sitting at a later build than the stable version, meaning you have to drop down to stable in order to play the game. 

• Like 3

Did I miss something? The experimental servers have been offline for ages now, this can't be an update or some maintenance. They have been unavailable for about a week now! What baffles me the most is that I couldn't find another topic on this. Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the experimental servers? This is not normal.

Soon™

They usually go offline for a while, so the DevTeam can work on the next experimental patch. They are also testing internally before pushing the updates, in most cases anyway. That's the reason the last experimentalbuild was quite "stable". They will go up again quite soon™.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 7

They usually go offline for a while, so the DevTeam can work on the next experimental patch. They are also testing internally before pushing the updates, in most cases anyway. That's the reason the last experimentalbuild was quite "stable". They will go up again quite soon™.

I suppose I should put in the caveat that I'm not bitching about this, but that seems a rather daft way of doing things. (local)->(exp)->(stable) should be the development life cycle of an update meaning that you never have to take down the experimental servers. Sure, put a locally tested patch that throws a wobbly when released on experimental making those servers (and that version) unplayable, but don't take them off the grid completely.

Ultimately you want people doing testing and killing a whole set of servers seems counter intuitive in that process.

Obviously it's not a "big deal", after all we have the stable servers if we want to play. Just seems a bit odd they would take them down for so long with no warning before hand.

what baffles me is I actually find at least 2 topics concerning this from the last days when I search on "experimental".

I suppose I should put in the caveat that I'm not bitching about this, but that seems a rather daft way of doing things. (local)->(exp)->(stable) should be the development life cycle of an update meaning that you never have to take down the experimental servers. Sure, put a locally tested patch that throws a wobbly when released on experimental making those servers (and that version) unplayable, but don't take them off the grid completely.

Ultimately you want people doing testing and killing a whole set of servers seems counter intuitive in that process.

Well, if you take a look at how it worked, is that the former experimental build is the current stablebuild and now they're working on a new build they could theoretically push to experimental soon. It is working exactly the way you described above - there's nothing to be pushed to experimental yet, though, as it's still in the "in house" testing.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure there testing that BIG new town in exp

My prediction for the next exp:

Akm and all that stuff

Long horn

New towns

Fireplaces

Cop clothes

Tracksuit top

Officer hat

64-bit

I know its a longshot but maybe cooking and hunting

• Like 1

Well, if you take a look at how it worked, is that the former experimental build is the current stablebuild and now they're working on a new build they could theoretically push to experimental soon. It is working exactly the way you described above - there's nothing to be pushed to experimental yet, though, as it's still in the "in house" testing.

As I say, I am not bitching, just I've never known the experimental servers to go offline in the past (they may very well have done, but I'm not aware of it). 

I imagine the main "issue" is that the experimental build number delivered from Steam is too high to play on stable servers with, and as we can see there are no servers of that version number on the go.

On a side note, I spot there is a new forum section named "official" which has caught me off guard a little as my browser bookmark was set to open the General Discussion forum in the SA forum section. I've been away for a while and I'm sure this is a new addition. If not I'm clearly going mental.

As I say, I am not bitching, just I've never known the experimental servers to go offline in the past (they may very well have done, but I'm not aware of it). 

Has happened before as well, yes.

I imagine the main "issue" is that the experimental build number delivered from Steam is too high to play on stable servers with, and as we can see there are no servers of that version number on the go.

You can opt in and out of the experimental, but there currently is nothing to test for the public.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177199-experimental-branch-testing-how-to/

Just give it a bit of time and they will come back.

Im pretty sure there testing that BIG new town in exp

you mean the one that was supposed to be in the last patch to stable but was forgotten? :/ :D

Has happened before as well, yes.

Well consider me corrected then.. ;)

Now granted, I have been playing the game since it's Alpha release and been on experimental for the majority of that time and I don't remember any time they have been down for a week (maybe the odd day, and especially when Steam was being DDoSed), however I am more than happy to concede the issue.

You can opt in and out of the experimental, but there currently is nothing to test for the public.

Of course. Although I appreciate you need to say that anyway.

The question could be raised why is there a different version of the experimental client in comparison to the stable if there is no difference (or in your words "nothing to test"), but again I don't wish to seem like I am arguing the point.

Ultimately the question the OP raised (and the one I did several days ago - albeit in a different forum (SA GD)) has been answered. Which is all that is needed. Perhaps it would be nice to know that the servers would be down for so long, but meh, that's hardly even an issue as it is just a general bit of info.