SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Well i live in australia and the server maintenance starts at 1am for me so ya

I guess im in the fuuuuuuuuuuuutureeeeeeee

well since your in the future keep me posted on what happens 

Dude! Testing != playing

If u want to test new features. Play experimental.

If u want a "playable" experience stay on stable!

Not neccessarily, both versions are fairly buggy, but on exp, occasionally they'll bring in bug fixes or optimizations, which make the exp more stable than the stable branch!

i just wish you guys had legitimate updates so i didnt have to run between Tumblr Twitter and facebook/ Reddit to find anything. im glad the experimentalo ahs some sort of a thread, but you havent updated this in a bit- anything fixed? when are you takingn thigns down? keping the community in touch is whats going to help you beat The H1Z1 hoppers

i just wish you guys had legitimate updates so i didnt have to run between Tumblr Twitter and facebook/ Reddit to find anything. im glad the experimentalo ahs some sort of a thread, but you havent updated this in a bit- anything fixed? when are you takingn thigns down? keping the community in touch is whats going to help you beat The H1Z1 hoppers

Thats what the Devtracker is for.

Not neccessarily, both versions are fairly buggy, but on exp, occasionally they'll bring in bug fixes or optimizations, which make the exp more stable than the stable branch!

Both are bugy, but no, exp is not more stable than stable. They often need metrics and use test-dedicated client or server builds for this purpose. So, it's just for testing, not playing.

Hmm, so no update to experimental and no experimental servers, so how are we supposed to test this new and improved Net Code...

Only thing I noticed is my new GTX 780 TI bosst from radeon 7850 LOL !!§§§^^²²²

Actually bring me 5 more fps ! \o/

I don't  want to rubbish your post but a little bit of search button i uncovered this from numerous forums... anything over 120fps is a waste assuming you have a 120hz monitor ...and as most people have a 60hz anything over 60fps is a waste due to screen refresh rate... but even more so to the point it is believed that most human eyes cannot register any difference in images beyond the 60-75fps range ..take note of the word images before the hate mail ... it is also understood most xbox  games... halo 3/..BF etc are locked at 30fps and I don't recall excessive post complaining about fps  ...with that said it is believed there is a highly notable difference from 30fps to 60fps... so anything beyond that is purely bragging rights ..I personally will happily take 2-8fps but what I would prefer much more is a constant 20fps to 30 fps not 30fps zoom on scope drop to 8fps then spike back up

always one idiot who thinks the eyes see in frames. we see in motion and i can personally tell the difference between 30, 60 and 120., and 240. Put a game on each, I'll tell you which one is which, which feels damns smoother. Your eye interprets moving images and combines them in your brain. You do NOT see in flash frames like a camera records. the eye and brain is complex and everyone is different. A game running at 120 compared to 60 will have an advantage especially on a shooting game where the game will refresh the image 60 times in one second, each movement you make will not register to your screen, eyes and feedback to your brain as instantly as a 120 fps. And of course small instances make all the difference in a shooting game.

Another example is the Hobbit film which ran on 44 fps and that is so much different to watching a standard HD film, you can see the smoothness in the action sequences look dramatically smoother and less clunky

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

Hmm, so no update to experimental and no experimental servers, so how are we supposed to test this new and improved Net Code...

There has been a net code update since last stable? The guaranteed messaging is in stable, isn't it? Of course there is still work there to be done on experimental, but if you are talking about something else, can you please explain and maybe put in a link?

Admin of what? :P

Anyway, read this discussion. You'll see that it has been written several times, with and without sources.

always one idiot who thinks the eyes see in frames. we see in motion and i can personally tell the difference between 30, 60 and 120., and 240. Put a game on each, I'll tell you which one is which, which feels damns smoother. Your eye interprets moving images and combines them in your brain. You do NOT see in flash frames like a camera records. the eye and brain is complex and everyone is different. A game running at 120 compared to 60 will have an advantage especially on a shooting game where the game will refresh the image 60 times in one second, each movement you make will not register to your screen, eyes and feedback to your brain as instantly as a 120 fps. And of course small instances make all the difference in a shooting game.

Another example is the Hobbit film which ran on 44 fps and that is so much different to watching a standard HD film, you can see the smoothness in the action sequences look dramatically smoother and less clunky

so im an idiot for searching "max fps a human eye can see" ... what did you do other than give your own opinion??? as much as I love random retards opinions on the internet I reject your statement til you come back with something other than what you can see ... and if you still feel you need to prove yourself I will happily direct you to the many many forums that have been discussing this topic so you can direct your opinions there ...

• Like 1

NO there shouldn't be. One of the few thing this game doesn't need at the moment are more guns, or ammo, or different kinds of ammo, or clothes and different brands of food.

IMO there are already to much guns in the game as it is.

I would really like to see only 1 gun for every 10 players on a server, with very scarse ammo.

With scare ammo I mean that having 40 rounds in your gear really is a lot.

Make the gun a persistent objecs, which decays over time. So for example lets say I have one of those rare guns and fall off a building and die.

The gun would be lying on the spot where I died, ready to be picked up by another player. If it would to remain untouched for about a week, it decays and it will respawn at it's regular spawn location.

Maybe also spawn guns (or maybe even better: parts of guns) in different conditions varying from pristine to badly damaged.

Depending on the condition of the gun (or better: gun parts) accuracy, recoil and ballistics will be calculated.

This would make sense, seeing there are already (sadly still useless) weapon cleaning kits in the game.

It would make sure that IF you find a gun, you'll want improve it's condition and regulary do maintenance to preserve it's conditions.

Make 'working on you gun' take time. For instance 1 minute to put together/take apart, and 1 minute to clean.

This would enable player 1 to trade a gunpart with player 2, without the risk of player 2 instantly murdering player 1 with the newly acquired gun.

Would at least reduce KOS issue and propagate teamplay and use of bows.

This, combined with tougher zombies would really do the game some good.

That `s an interesting idea for the future. Right now weapons aren`t craftable except the useless bow. But backpacks are allready. I would like the amount of backpacks being reduced and the amount of material for the courier backpack increased instead to beginn with..

Experimental is down!!! Please fix it .

Two password protected servers on. Switched  just to experimental as I saw them in the steam server list and got a little bit disapointed.

Edited by Wilberfoss
  • Like 1

Thats what the Devtracker is for.

You're kidding, right? Their raw twitter feed?

• Like 1

I have installed the correct version through properties on steam ect, but all I can see is stable build servers. I have tried to look for experimental by clicking the version tab to bring different versions up to the top. this is not working! any ideas?

They are down at the moment (and have been for days).

Tip: type "experimental"  in your filter.

Ahh ty, when do you think they will be back up?

Impossible to tell, probably once there is something new to test. Could be tomorrow, could be in a weeks time. I experienced once before they were down for over a week and as I understand there have been longer periods.

Just for future reference, they only go up when something big is in testing.

If it's small, they shove it in Maintenance Wednesday.

Can't wait for a new update to experimental :) it's the last day of April so a little late but still gonna be legoit :)

Edit : I'm hoping sometime early early may but no rush , I still love stable right now no lags or Desync for me

Edited by Grapefruit kush