SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

you mean the one that was supposed to be in the last patch to stable but was forgotten? :/ :D

That one :D

Actually, there's supposed to be more than one. There's the "town" to the north of Svetlo/Black Fields (the medium-sized one with the hilltop factory bldgs that was supposed to be in the last exp) and the proper large city to the Northwest of Black Fields that Senchi hinted would come in the NEXT exp push. I wonder, though, when/if that sort of ramshackle town southwest of NWAF will be finished as it's still being swallowed up by the earth around it (I think there's a garden in one of the house's bedrooms). That one hasn't gotten so much as a mention in weeks. I wonder if they forgot about it? :P

Maybe put some balls on the football field behind the NWAF to kill time while waiting for the updates/experimental servers

Personally i haven't even shot the crossbow so

I'm going AKM all the time besides my blaze haha ... Anyone got any idea on when the next experimental servers are coming out ? Teeming with ridiculous excitement for fires too hopefully it comes with them....

campfires with no cooking?

whats the point then?

They are warm and bright and you can wiggle-dance arround them  :D .

• Like 3

experimental goes down here and there often... When I cant find the experimental servers I dont worry to much.. will be interesting to see how this 64 bit idea goes

Bad timing for me to start experimental :P

Looking forward to the 64-bit update the most. Hopefully it allows for more zombies, and better respawning.

you mean the one that was supposed to be in the last patch to stable but was forgotten? :/ :D

Actually the big town was not suppose to be in stable it was the small town near it but he forgot to get it pushed out and figured he would make it up by having the big town in the next build if you did research you would know this instead of assuming 

I'm guessing that they will be releasing the next 'big' patch on experimental rather soon and offer a couple of weeks of testing before it goes to stable at the end of May, early June. Wouldn't be surprised if the experimental servers don't show up for another week though, sounds like there will be a lot of stuff on the next one which will be needing time. We could be onto branch 0.47/8.

Hello there

Remember to manage your expectations.

I dont know whats going to be in the new experimental but lets not get carried away by guesses. It could be thy are changing all the plug sockets, or replacing the Halon gas. We just dont know until that changelog hits.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Remember to manage your expectations.

I dont know whats going to be in the new experimental but lets not get carried away by guesses. It could be thy are changing all the plug sockets, or replacing the Halon gas. We just dont know until that changelog hits.

Rgds

LoK

you should read twitter more often, things were said about what was in the next update.

you should read twitter more often, things were said about what was in the next update.

Hello there

I do.

Im stepping in early to make sure folk dont expect too much. Not everyone here reads the dev feeds and things are subject to change.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

I do.

Im stepping in early to make sure folk dont expect too much. Not everyone here reads the dev feeds and things are subject to change.

Rgds

LoK

Well, I'm spoiling it...

THEY'RE ADDING IN UNICORNS! FLYABLE UNICORNS! 

:huh:

• Like 3

Yeah they are still down. Only 2 locked experimental servers are up, which are empty anyway. Kinda looking forward for next experimental with AKM and some more sweet stuff.

I'm just wondering how many months do we have to wait for the next update. It's not even a question because I know that there is nobody to answer it.

New camo actually would look better ruined

agreed..

I think even pristine clothes should be at least dirty. unless you washed them in the river and dried them by your campfire

Topics merged and title edited.

Don't panic, when new Experimental goes live you will know about it soon enough.

Only thing I think is a pity is they don't keep the experimental servers up regardless of updates. I tend to play on them for the extra character so I feel more free to experiment with my playstyle without worrying about losing my character.

• Like 1

Only thing I think is a pity is they don't keep the experimental servers up regardless of updates. I tenwindowlay on them for the extra character so I feel more free to experiment with my playstyle without worrying about losing my character.

I think I can remember one post where Captain Fancy Pants mentioned that experimental servers are hosted inhouse (no link for that... sorry).

I guess they dont want their traffic-costs to explode. BI got some cash from their sales but thats not a good reason to throw it out of the window to test features they already got testdata from.

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1

I think I can remember one post where Captain Fancy Pants mentioned that experimental servers are hosted inhouse (no link for that... sorry).

I guess they dont want their traffic-costs to explode. BI got some cash from their sales but thats not a good reason to throw it out of the window to test features they already got testdata from.

Hmmm, but I remember seeing GB, SE servers suggesting they are hosted in Great Britain and Sweden and so on? Keeping server costs at a minimum I can understand in a way when there's no real need for it but on the other hand, wouldn't really put a dent in all the millions they already made :)

Ah well, no biggie.

agreed..

I think even pristine clothes should be at least dirty. unless you washed them in the river and dried them by your campfire

Disagreed, clothing doesn't get dirty by itself. If it's in good condition and has been stuck in a cupboard for years, then aside from a bit of dust, it won't magically have stains or dirt on it. If it's worn however, some specific outdoor clothing could have dirt on it.

• Like 1