SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Server maintenance, so possibly new exp update and the new month so my internet is refreshed so i can play dayz again

Server maintenance is every Wed @ 0700 gmt, adjust accordingly for local time; for me thats 2300 Tue.

Pretty damn awful communication as usual. 

This is literally on the main page of this forum up top in easy to read writing:

"Please note: Experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice and many of these changes are half finished and will be modified or even removed entirely prior to going to stable and many of which you will not see (on database side for example) They are development snapshots used for testing experimental work so producing patch notes is not possible. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

Feel free to use these forums to discuss specific experimental patches and things you have found."

• Like 2

It could possibly come before Wednesday. The maintenance period has almost always been for stable branch, hence when the stable servers go down and players move to experimental for a few hours. If the EXP servers are already down they could theoretically boot them back up with a test build anytime they please.

(Hopefully tonight, but I'll try to not let my heart get broken :blush:)

Edited by Nails
  • Like 1

Hello there

I dont think you can speak for everyone with these points.

Also, I dont think the COD or CS points are particularly valid in comparison with DAYZ.

Rgds

LoK

Cool Beanz Lok. I agree that games like COD, CS, TF2, etc. Should NEVER be compared to DayZ. Even comparing battlefield is pushing it. DayZ is a game in it's own category, you could even say that DayZ started the survival-crafting category.

oh its wednesday for me that maintenance happens

Well i live in australia and the server maintenance starts at 1am for me so ya

I guess im in the fuuuuuuuuuuuutureeeeeeee

just played an hour this morning, i saw zero zombies (what a bummer) and unlike 5-6 experimental changes ago police station (visited 3 on a 3 man server) were totally empty i mean nothing no drinks, no weapons, sewing kit whatever its just plain empty, i dont know what happened to experimental but i hope it gets sorted out quickly

just played an hour this morning, i saw zero zombies (what a bummer) and unlike 5-6 experimental changes ago police station (visited 3 on a 3 man server) were totally empty i mean nothing no drinks, no weapons, sewing kit whatever its just plain empty, i dont know what happened to experimental but i hope it gets sorted out quickly

On Experimental ? Are the servers up again ? 

On Experimental ? Are the servers up again ? 

yeah 4 uk server are up again, 1 hardcore and 3 regular.

• Like 1

yeah 4 uk server are up again, 1 hardcore and 3 regular.

thx for the info!

Thank whoever it was just a restart

Edited by MetapoliC

I've searched the NW AF two times but didn't see any new stuff yet.

Zombies are still missing, rubberbanding is not that annoying anymore BUT it's still here and the servers are almost empty, there are only 30 slot servers, only one hardcore.

I wonder if they are still doing testing for loot respawn.

played two hours on Uk hardcore....nearly no RB, lags or desync...mouse movement seems even improved...no zombies..as it seems no new items so far..did not check location of the new towns though ...

PS: hope it was not one of you guys at the NW Airfield evac camp.... :blush:

played two hours on Uk hardcore....nearly no RB, lags or desync...mouse movement seems even improved...no zombies..as it seems no new items so far..did not check location of the new towns though ...

PS: hope it was not one of you guys at the NW Airfield evac camp.... :blush:

May have been me, did you see a black girl with headlamp, brown wool coat and sks?

nope was a fully geared player in military clothes, helmet and respirator mask, a sniper mosin on the back and M4 in his hands ...

nope was a fully geared player in military clothes, helmet and respirator mask, a sniper mosin on the back and M4 in his hands ...

Oh nice, I encountered that player in the same spot, I announced myself as friendly but he shot once with an M4, not sure if it was nerves but he didn't hit me and didn't pursuit me.

Just before the server crashed / session got lost I heard m4 shots, that was you killing him?

jap .intense firefight thx to first person only....seemed to be somekind of bandit guy with 3 guns and a full ammo crate in his backpack  B)

"oh nice, experimental servers are up again"

-upgrade game-

-start game-

experimental servers down. :(

Yes, an automatic windows update restarted those servers bringin' up again the DayZ instances.

I can only say...LOL.

Source: Hicks' answer in reddit, you can find it in the dev tracker.

Lol.

"Player: - Game is unplayble!

DEV: - Well it's experimental. Go play stable!"

Dude! Testing != playing

If u want to test new features. Play experimental.

If u want a "playable" experience stay on stable!

Edited by ruStanSc

Dude! Testing != playing

If u want to test new features. Play experimental.

If u want a "playable" experience stay on stable!

Do'h :facepalm:

I know that. I bought the alpha on the second it was released. I've been playing experimental ever since it was possible. I play also ArmA3 development branch. So i think i know what it is to play game that is never "done".

Whole point of that post was to be sarcastic and make people think before they post. Which obvioysly failed, because so many quoting it and taking it seriously.  :rolleyes: (hard to be sarcastic on foreing language)

I just had it at that point. So many people here are whining about every single thing that happens in the world and blaime it on DayZ dev's.... aaarrrggggghhh  that it's just ridiculous. I'll try to keep further posts for game content only.

Beans :beans: to forum moderators around the world.

• Like 1