RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I don't rent a server, but as much as hackers and script kiddies ruing the game for everyone so do you with your sever locking. The number of locked servers is ridiculously high, and they signed an agreement not to do that, so they break rules for their own benefit, which makes them no different in my eyes from those who are cheating or exploiting bugs. 

And why the fuck it is down to me to report server ? Bohemia set the rules up, they should enforce them. They earned so much cash for this game they should be able to hire 2-3 people who would deal with that problem. Especially that we have been shown an email from server provides, posted on this very forum, in which they say that they will not deal with server locking unless bohemia tell them to do so. And why would they give two shits ? They get their cash, not their fucking problem that some scrub peasant can't play.

In regard to admins locking servers, The server providers are addressing admins that lock servers. We run 2 well established servers and one of our newly appointed admins locked the server(he says accidental, regardless we removed admin rights) within 5 mins of the server being locked I received an email informing me of the T&C's, that the server had been taken offline and that I'd have to manually restart it! Along with the complimentary-don't do it again!

This was with Vilayer btw, but can't knock their prompt response, very impressed tbh.

In regard to admins locking servers, The server providers are addressing admins that lock servers. We run 2 well established servers and one of our newly appointed admins locked the server(he says accidental, regardless we removed admin rights) within 5 mins of the server being locked I received an email informing me of the T&C's, that the server had been taken offline and that I'd have to manually restart it! Along with the complimentary-don't do it again!

This was with Vilayer btw, but can't knock their prompt response, very impressed tbh.

Some do some don't the server list full of locked or kicking servers is a good proof of that.

The video describes it, but we were in a gunfight so retreated to a building to bandage and recover. After being there a couple of minutes someone starting glitching through the walls and shooting at us, our guns were put away so we ran. The hacker then sped to us and shot us, we both tried to get our guns out when we were on the beach but they were put away again.

Edited by leviaxxan

300 hrs of standalone, didn't play the mode. And spare me you're petty accusation, I'm a moderator in Crysis wars myself.

I'm nothing whining, I just refuse to give dipshit admin too much power in dayz, and how will you record the proof ? Is there a specate mode ? Teleportation and speedhacks are obvious, but how do you find aimbot when sniper shots someone from 600 meters ?

I'm not whining, not one bit. I just have a different opinion that you do, and instead of accepting that state of things you resolve to calling me a whiner and a cheater. Pathetic really.

All you can do here is to agree to disagree.

There's plenty of game recording software out there like Fraps that can be used to capture evidence.

I just dont see your opinion plausible as to the reason why admins should not be granted more power, especially now with your revealing enlightenment that you are indeed a mod yourself (odd turn of events nonetheless) and it doesn't really matter now...private shards are coming so admins will have ban and whitelisting powers.

There's plenty of game recording software out there like Fraps that can be used to capture evidence.

I just dont see your opinion plausible as to the reason why admins should not be granted more power, especially now with your revealing enlightenment that you are indeed a mod yourself (odd turn of events nonetheless) and it doesn't really matter now...private shards are coming so admins will have ban and whitelisting powers.

You're missing my point. That recording software only work on proxmity hack which I listed. I asked how do you find a aimbot or a wallhacker who is careful with how he uses them. 

It's enlightenment, I just don't a see a reason to wear a badge everywhere. And this exactly why I vote for limiting admin power because I experienced first hand what happens when fellow mods on my server abused their power because they didn't like someone or had a bad day. Our server has a website where you can make appeal and a senior staff member makes a decision upon hearing both sides. This is not a case for dayz. 

And like you said, wait for your private shards, than you do whatever you want to. 

Just died five minutes ago in Berezino to someone with an infinite M4A1. He could obviously see me through the wall as I fled into a building to hide from him and his buddies as he saw me on the street. I heard nothing for about thirty seconds, then all of a sudden he started spraying the wall directly beside me. This resulted in me receiving shock damage which makes it very difficult to aim. His friend then ran up the stairs (spraying his own M4A1 the entire time) while his friend continued to spray the wall beside me. The guy who ran up the stairs just kept spraying while walking until he eventually rounded the corner I was peeking from and shredded me to pieces. I tried to get off a shot with my Mosin, but it was in vain.

The only reason I was in Berezino was because I spawned there. The game is still a blatant hackfest.

• Like 2

No such thing as teleportation in DayZ SA. Only speed glitching.

Updated the first post, thanks for the *really* useful response  :rolleyes:

Edited by leviaxxan

The game is still a blatant hackfest.

It is but I don't see how in dayz admins can keep tack on 40 players. No spectate mode, people do not record 24/7 so any recording would be done too late and there is no kill cam. Now if admin weren't asshole maybe some list of who killed who would help, but it will also allow them to punish those who kill them or their friends. 

The problem here is that whatever anti cheat we have in game, is performing poorly. And hacked mags are soon to be history. 

Edited by General Zod

It always supprises me when ppl are talking about evidence but only think about the one server they administer. Why not introduce the ability to combine server logs and video proof for bohemia and they issue a global ban? Now I'm starting with assuming again, but assuming BI can check who was moving around where by accessing the server logs, players could provide video proof with server info and time.

It always supprises me when ppl are talking about evidence but only think about the one server they administer. Why not introduce the ability to combine server logs and video proof for bohemia and they issue a global ban? Now I'm starting with assuming again, but assuming BI can check who was moving around where by accessing the server logs, players could provide video proof with server info and time.

Yeah because if you get banned by one butt hurt admin you will be banned on all servers.  Please don't give the bullies a bigger stick.

Some do some don't the server list full of locked or kicking servers is a good proof of that.

Well, in 585 hours of Standalone gameplay I've only been kicked 3 times and in 200+hours as an admin I've kicked only about 12 players(which were confirmed hackers, that were kick/banned after being killed.

I've just scrolled down the server list and only found one locked server which I believe was a dev test server, but had zero players in it anyway.

Point I'm making is, what used to be common place 3months ago with badmins/locked servers isn't exactly the same story today.

I also believe admins should get more tools to combat hackers (one of our servers is currently ranked No.2 in the world) so we see a lot of hackers and get messages about players hacking but can do very little to clean up our own server. If admins tools were used to negative effect then I'm sure those admins would get complaints logged against them and the server would be sanctioned, so I can't see no harm in allowing the admins the powers to clean up what is effectively becoming a hackfest, especially in the last month.

The video describes it, but we were in a gunfight so retreated to a building to bandage and recover. After being there a couple of minutes someone starting glitching through the walls and shooting at us, our guns were put away so we ran. The hacker then sped to us and shot us, we both tried to get our guns out when we were on the beach but they were put away again.

Merged

Why doesnt the DayZ team use some of that sales cash and start purchasing these widely available hacks and then plug the holes...or at least see how they're being implemented and secure the breeches.

I just did a quick google search and there's pages apon pages supplying all of which is being discussed in here.

Oh, we (BE and DayZ devs) do.

If you come across any undetected hacks, please send them to me via PM.

While I have searched to see the lowlifes at work on youtube, I would never download from public hosts or even visit a webpage that claims to host hacks.  It's a terrible idea to go looking for undetected hacks especially if you are not getting payed to do so.

Oh, we (BE and DayZ devs) do.

If you come across any undetected hacks, please send them to me via PM.

how long do you need to fix a current hack? 6, 12, 18 month?

can BE do it faster if we (the community) doing the job you getting payed for and searchh the net for "unknown" hacks?

thx for the answer...

Edited by quantum2k6

how long do you need to fix a current hack? 6, 12, 18 month?

can BE do it faster if we (the community) doing the job you getting payed for and searchh the net for "unknown" hacks?

thx for the answer...

You are not supposed to search for anything. We are well aware of the hacks, which is the reason most popular private hacks are permanently detected (unlike in other games). Don't get me wrong, I agree it's bad you don't notice anything of this. I can only imagine the situation would be much worse if BE wasn't there.

I said "if you come across any undetected hacks". If you do, why not report them? It's impossible to know 100% of the internet, you know.

• Like 1

It is but I don't see how in dayz admins can keep tack on 40 players. No spectate mode, people do not record 24/7 so any recording would be done too late and there is no kill cam. Now if admin weren't asshole maybe some list of who killed who would help, but it will also allow them to punish those who kill them or their friends.

The problem here is that whatever anti cheat we have in game, is performing poorly. And hacked mags are soon to be history.

If you read back over our debate Zod you will see that this is what I was trying to say to you, which you presented a case against this idea. Lol think we got lost in translation dude haha.

I think giving admins the proper tools to ban blatant hackers (based on solid evidence only) with the choice to also send this evidence to both BE and VAC for a possible global ban will greatly reduce the current hacking situation.

When I was a dayz mod server admin, I used a great piece of software named DayZ radar which allowed me to spot where players moved on the map via logs (notice I said WHERE, and not ARE) and it gave me a timed marker when the player changed direction or got to a destination point....was perfect for identifying teleporting players or speedhacks due to the timestamps.

Simple things like that work for spotting those teleport, flying or speed hacks, all admins would need is to allow for the logs to identify players that spawn in items or allow the kill text to be displayed...the rest can be picked up visually and the evidence gathered via video or screenshots can then be presented to backup the ban.

Edited by TheWeedMan
  • Like 1

Can I ask a very basic question for people who know a lot about PC's and the internet?

Is it possible for Steam/Valve or even DayZ Stand Alone to have a very simple way to check an operating systems "finger print" so that when some piece of shit cheater trys to buy another copy of Steam and Dayz, when they try to install it again, Valve or Dayz can simply see that it's the same exact copy of the operating system or PC finger print and then not allow the piece of shit cheater to purchase the game again?

If this is very simple and possible, but DayZ and Steam refuse to do it.... then they obviously don't give a flying shit about honest players and don't mind if cheater purchase another copy of the game.

The only thing that might work in this case would be the computers MAC adress.

But it can to be changed, even though it was designed not to, so its impossible to do what you want really :)

Just died five minutes ago in Berezino to someone with an infinite M4A1.

God I wish hackers would stop using the M4.  I really like that weapon and have been using one since the crash sites came back but this weekend I finally tossed it away because I was getting tired of random people I would encounter assuming I was a hacker because I had one...  Guess I will suck it up with a 101 and hope they finally fix something related to all the dupes, bugged mags and hacking in general.

I don't rent a server, but as much as hackers and script kiddies ruing the game for everyone so do you with your sever locking.

Not true.  There are at least 50 unlocked servers at any given time.  If a server is locked, then simply click on the next one in the list!  Server locking by admins who pay good money, and who are tired of cheaters killing everyone on their server, are in no way ruing the game.  Cheaters are. 

Edited by youdaman

Long story short, our clan was just having a battle against some guys in Berezino, and suddenly one of my clan buddies says his character is going crazy- on its own stood up, reloaded, and took aim at one of the others and just shot them, right in the head. Then suddenly another one says the same thing is happening to him, but he was able to jerk his gun away from the person so he wouldn't get shot.

Seriously creepy, literally raping your mouse.

Anyone had this happen to them? If not, DEVS!!!! Something to look into...............

there's videos of hackers doing this in the thread this topic will be merged with.

Maybe you just ran into Doflamingo and his goons?