RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I will gladly and vigorously help every single one of them! And with pride! It's about freedom, free choice, open opinions and mutual support! We are all people, guys, don't be so evil, it's only money! They have right to have fun too! As do I!

And I meant every single word I've said in that very serious thread! Because what else to say to a rant post of a whining 12 or so year old kid-hacker (definitely 12 mentally)? Amen to that! It means amen to me! Go with love, hippies still live!

Edited by Tupoun

The biggest problem with hackers and those that don't say anything to them or about them is that I feel they totally think there's nothing wrong with it. I bet most feel, hell, everybody else is doing it I might as well too. Also for the fact that they paid for it so they feel entitled to use it. From the several threads lately they almost seem surprised over being banned for it.

There are also those who use duped items and such. That is cheating also. However, imho, they are down the hierarchy of offenses since they are game generated. Still cheating though. You find such items, don't play with them.

All these issues will eventually be dealt with so right now it's all about self responsibility and self policing. What a concept when we live in a world where it is always somebody elses fault.

Based on my experience it won't be dealt with. In b.f.4 the makers have periodic wipes instead of putting in things to prevent it in the first place because the first option allows them to collect multiple purchases from the cheaters. It makes perfect fiscal sense aka follow the money. These games are produced by businesses for the sole purpose of getting as much loot as possible, not for charity or our enjoyment.

It sucks, but all these game makers want the cheaters to persist, and they do just enough to maintain the illusion of trying to stop the cheaters so the honest gamers like us keep coming back.

One day a game developer will come clean about it, but Don't hold your breath. There is far too much money being made by the game devs across the board for someone to stand up and rat the community out.

• Like 1

..//..

. These games are produced by businesses for the sole purpose of getting as much loot as possible, not for charity or our enjoyment.

..//..

... hmmn ...'scuse me .... do you know anything that is produced for "charity or your enjoyment", not for loot ?

.. computers ? cars ? hamburgers ? music ? shoes ? petfood ? curtains ? toenail clippers ?...

let me guess .. .

. you don't come from this planet ?

Based on my experience it won't be dealt with. In b.f.4 the makers have periodic wipes instead of putting in things to prevent it in the first place because the first option allows them to collect multiple purchases from the cheaters. It makes perfect fiscal sense aka follow the money. These games are produced by businesses for the sole purpose of getting as much loot as possible, not for charity or our enjoyment.

It sucks, but all these game makers want the cheaters to persist, and they do just enough to maintain the illusion of trying to stop the cheaters so the honest gamers like us keep coming back.

One day a game developer will come clean about it, but Don't hold your breath. There is far too much money being made by the game devs across the board for someone to stand up and rat the community out.

That is a pretty cynical look on life. There is a slight possibility some low life companies may do that but I don't think the big reputable ones would do it. To much to lose if the big secret gets out. I am never a one for conspiracy theories as it is pretty tough to keep everyone in line with the lie. As Snowden has shown. It may be money related however. They may try and find the cheapest solution to the problem.

Don't underestimate the hackers either. There are some pretty smart fackers out there.

• Like 1

Oh, we (BE and DayZ devs) do.

If you come across any undetected hacks, please send them to me via PM.

Speaking of which, I don't doubt you're working hard around the clock. And doing as much of a good job about it as possible. A hacker free environment, however, is not possible without a human element which in this case would be the mods/admins on server able to access records of player activity and ban players based on reports as well as some auto-detection methods for checking player speeds when not in a vehicle state etc. The mod was pretty much saved by the private hives and whether you like it or not it will be the same for standalone.

Also Sable, I have a DIRECT question for you, maybe you can answer? 

In the August 14th update devs said the following of private shards:

"Can not operate any 3rd party “Admin tools” aside from the approved BEC (BattlEye Extended Controls)"

So what do those approved BE controls entail exactly? Is it possible for admins to investigate cases of players using a speed/flyhack? How about hacked mags? Ability to see player movement history and statistics in order to see the possibility of ESP use?

I have no doubt BE is as much on top of the hacker situation as possible. Same can be even said of Valve. What I'm really worried about is Bohemia... I'm not sure they fully understand the seriousness of the situation. There are now lots of hack users who acquire their hacks directly by coding them by themselves or having access to someone else who does. The end result is that BE does not have access to the hacks (such as paid hack forums where anyone can buy access) and update their memsigs for detection.

To give you some idea: I was today killed 3 times by speeding/teleporting hackers at NW Airfield (Used to be free of hackers, but they're migrating north these days). The last guy simply appeared behind me and handcuffed me before I knew what was going on. I then asked him how much he paid for his cheat and his answer stunned me. "I didn't buy any hacks, my friend made it and just lets me use it". So I ask him how many times he's got banned and his answer? Not once. According to him, he has about 400 hours of playtime over 8 months without a single BE/VAC detection and I don't doubt him. I actually make the distinction between paid and private cheats: BE can easily deal with the public and paid hacks and they're doing a very good job. But especially in a game like DayZ you need the human element to deal with those who use private hacks not available in any forum or website that's open to just about anyone. 

The human element needs to be introduced as a second line of defense against cheaters ASAP. No way around it. The DayZ community has known this for months and the question is, when are we going to get an appropriate response from the developers. It's been 10 months and we're still waiting...

• Like 1

Speaking of which, I don't doubt you're working hard around the clock. And doing as much of a good job about it as possible. A hacker free environment, however, is not possible without a human element which in this case would be the mods/admins on server able to access records of player activity and ban players based on reports as well as some auto-detection methods for checking player speeds when not in a vehicle state etc. The mod was pretty much saved by the private hives and whether you like it or not it will be the same for standalone.

Yes lets give the asshole admins who lock their servers or kick players from their private loot farms even more power. 

Yes lets give the asshole admins who lock their servers or kick players from their private loot farms even more power. 

After the effort of making my post, this is the first response I get... How saddening.

Well, since you clearly feel it's such a bad idea to have private shards with admins actually enforcing the rules (did you notice the word "private"?), could please hand out some constructive criticism on the matter? How should we deal with hackers ruining the game with impunity using hacks that even a scanner anti-cheat such as BE cannot hope to stop?

• Like 1

Ive been trying to prove this all along.

I would suggest get rid of battle eye all together and just have a live staff do all the anti cheat crap. It's pretty obvious that BE is not keeping the community safe. I have seen some bans though in the global BE chats which is nice to see from time to time. But at some point you would think with this many complaints someone would wake up and say this just isn't effective enough. I am not trying to bash BE just saying it's obviously being hacked around and the community still pays for all the chaos it leaves behind.

It's sad to see this game after game. It wouldn't be so bad if you only run into a hacker once in a blue moon but all day every day is just flat out right insane. How are the hacker companies or whatever you want to call them creating such a full proof exe. and these large companies just cant out do them.... Are the game programmers not as experienced as the hackers. I don't mean with just this game but over all games.

Maybe run multiple anti hacks programs or lessen the pay these anti hack companies get and base there pay on the amount of hacks successfully banned due to detection by there program. It could give them more incentive to fight hacking in a more aggressive manner. I do however think having a live staff would be way more efficient.

A lot of these hacks that are happening in standalone happened in the original dayz so my hopes are not to high for this to change it didn't end then I would'nt expect it to end now although I could be wrong. It would be nice to see all this development to stop that could be put on pause for the time being and see them all group and focus on the hacking problem instead until the problem is either resolved or reduced to a bare minimum. I mean who really cares about a new helmet or weapon if we cant play the game without being destroyed by a hacker. I would just like to see a company for once respect the honest player and respect the time they put into their game. A company like that would have me playing their games with absolute dedication. This experience is just outrageous.

Edited by Cheech'
  • Like 1

How about giving the people that pay for server you are playing on - means to keep them tidy?

Wish I could permaban you from mine just in case...

• Like 3

After the effort of making my post, this is the first response I get... How saddening.

Well, since you clearly feel it's such a bad idea to have private shards with admins actually enforcing the rules (did you notice the word "private"?), could please hand out some constructive criticism on the matter? How should we deal with hackers ruining the game with impunity using hacks that even a scanner anti-cheat such as BE cannot hope to stop?

Well if bohemia would do something to enforce it server rules : aka no locked server, than maybe admins could get more rights, but since bohemia has shown that they care very little about that, which they proved with their answer to the problem being : report the server to the providers, because it's not our job. Than maybe admins could get more power. But I'm against it since most of them are fucking assholes who turn their server is private loot farms. Which for now is against the rules. 

Edited by General Zod

General Zod....do you rent a server? Do you pay a monthly fee out of your own hard earned cash to allow players to enjoy the game and bugtest only for hackers to ruin everything and have all those once happy players come complaining to you?...nah, didn't think so!

Admins need more powers and the tools to deal with script kiddies, yes you will get fuckwitt admins that abuse it, every game does. But let me ask....would you rather put up with the constant script kiddies ruining your game time every single day on every high populated server or play on a server with good admins...because not all admins abuse power, those that do...we'll, you just report them and no longer play on that server.

• Like 2

General Zod....do you rent a server? Do you pay a monthly fee out of your own hard earned cash to allow players to enjoy the game and bugtest only for hackers to ruin everything and have all those once happy players come complaining to you?...nah, didn't think so!

Admins need more powers and the tools to deal with script kiddies, yes you will get fuckwitt admins that abuse it, every game does. But let me ask....would you rather put up with the constant script kiddies ruining your game time every single day on every high populated server or play on a server with good admins...because not all admins abuse power, those that do...we'll, you just report them and no longer play on that server.

I don't rent a server, but as much as hackers and script kiddies ruing the game for everyone so do you with your sever locking. The number of locked servers is ridiculously high, and they signed an agreement not to do that, so they break rules for their own benefit, which makes them no different in my eyes from those who are cheating or exploiting bugs. 

And why the fuck it is down to me to report server ? Bohemia set the rules up, they should enforce them. They earned so much cash for this game they should be able to hire 2-3 people who would deal with that problem. Especially that we have been shown an email from server provides, posted on this very forum, in which they say that they will not deal with server locking unless bohemia tell them to do so. And why would they give two shits ? They get their cash, not their fucking problem that some scrub peasant can't play. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

I agree with you...servers should not be locked and statuses should be checked daily to enforce the rules.

But unless people like you and me make the effort to report them then it will continue to happen cause lets face it....enforcement will never happen properly.

Once private shards are implemented then servers can be locked and whitelisted but for now, locked servers are an abuse of the server agreement.

All in all though, I still stand by my previous statement...admins simply need more powers to deal with hacks!

The abilty to see who's killing who, who's teleporting etc and it needs to be done before base building, tents and vehicles are added or it'll be a repeat of the mod all over again.

I don't rent a server these days as I got fed up with the hacking on the mod and the constant stream of players notifying me, just took up too much of my time trying to trace evidence etc, but the leader of the clan I now play in does and runs it strictly in accordance with the rules.

Its good admins that need the tools to deal with this and provide a good playing experience for the servers player base.

The abilty to see who's killing who, 

Another means of power abuse, PvE servers, which are against rules will now be kicking players who kill. 

Non locked clan server will kick those who kill the clan members. 

• Like 1

I would suggest get rid of battle eye all together and just have a live staff do all the anti cheat crap. It's pretty obvious that BE is not keeping the community safe. I have seen some bans though in the global BE chats which is nice to see from time to time. But at some point you would think with this many complaints someone would wake up and say this just isn't effective enough. I am not trying to bash BE just saying it's obviously being hacked around and the community still pays for all the chaos it leaves behind.

It's sad to see this game after game. It wouldn't be so bad if you only run into a hacker once in a blue moon but all day every day is just flat out right insane. How are the hacker companies or whatever you want to call them creating such a full proof exe. and these large companies just cant out do them.... Are the game programmers not as experienced as the hackers. I don't mean with just this game but over all games.

Maybe run multiple anti hacks programs or lessen the pay these anti hack companies get and base there pay on the amount of hacks successfully banned due to detection by there program. It could give them more incentive to fight hacking in a more aggressive manner. I do however think having a live staff would be way more efficient.

A lot of these hacks that are happening in standalone happened in the original dayz so my hopes are not to high for this to change it didn't end then I would'nt expect it to end now although I could be wrong. It would be nice to see all this development to stop that could be put on pause for the time being and see them all group and focus on the hacking problem instead until the problem is either resolved or reduced to a bare minimum. I mean who really cares about a new helmet or weapon if we cant play the game without being destroyed by a hacker. I would just like to see a company for once respect the honest player and respect the time they put into their game. A company like that would have me playing their games with absolute dedication. This experience is just outrageous.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dayz devs are not even told to place a simple name tracking system in the game, but you expect them to be able to handle all the anti cheat measures? You are funny.

Can I ask a very basic question for people who know a lot about PC's and the internet?

Is it possible for Steam/Valve or even DayZ Stand Alone to have a very simple way to check an operating systems "finger print" so that when some piece of shit cheater trys to buy another copy of Steam and Dayz, when they try to install it again, Valve or Dayz can simply see that it's the same exact copy of the operating system or PC finger print and then not allow the piece of shit cheater to purchase the game again?

If this is very simple and possible, but DayZ and Steam refuse to do it.... then they obviously don't give a flying shit about honest players and don't mind if cheater purchase another copy of the game.

Edited by hothtimeblues

Another means of power abuse, PvE servers, which are against rules will now be kicking players who kill.

Non locked clan server will kick those who kill the clan members.

I get the feeling you're fairly new to DayZ Zod, did you ever play the mod? Everything that is happening right now with hacks in the standalone is a case of history repeating itself. Giving admins the power too see which player (perhaps in logs) making multiple kills per second is just an aid to identify hackers.

To combat abusive admins that ban at will etc, video proof or logs should be used against hackers to back up the case and provide a valid reason for the ban. If you dont think this is acceptable then perhaps you use or you're a creator of such scripts or hacks...or just to lazy to actually do anything about it....oh that's right, it's not you're job to do it, in either case....stop whining about it if you're not prepared to contribute towards stopping it.

Can I ask a very basic question for people who know a lot about PC's and the internet?

Is it possible for Steam/Valve or even DayZ Stand Alone to have a very simple way to check an operating systems "finger print" so that when some piece of shit cheater trys to buy another copy of Steam and Dayz, when they try to install it again, Valve or Dayz can simply see that it's the same exact copy of the operating system or PC finger print and then not allow the piece of shit cheater to purchase the game again?

If this is very simple and possible, but DayZ and Steam refuse to do it.... then they obviously don't give a flying shit about honest players and don't mind if cheater purchase another copy of the game.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL you are funny.

I get the feeling you're fairly new to DayZ Zod, did you ever play the mod? Everything that is happening right now with hacks in the standalone is a case of history repeating itself. Giving admins the power too see which player (perhaps in logs) making multiple kills per second is just an aid to identify hackers.

To combat abusive admins that ban at will etc, video proof or logs should be used against hackers to back up the case and provide a valid reason for the ban. If you dont think this is acceptable then perhaps you use or you're a creator of such scripts or hacks...or just to lazy to actually do anything about it....oh that's right, it's not you're job to do it, in either case....stop whining about it if you're not prepared to contribute towards stopping it.

300 hrs of standalone, didn't play the mod. And spare me you're petty accusation, I'm a moderator in Crysis wars myself. 

I'm nothing whining, I just refuse to give dipshit admin too much power in dayz, and how will you record the proof ? Is there a specate mode ? Teleportation and speedhacks are obvious, but how do you find aimbot when sniper shots someone from 600 meters ?

I'm not whining, not one bit. I just have a different opinion than you do, and instead of accepting that state of things you resolve to calling me a whiner and a cheater. Pathetic really.

All you can do here is to agree to disagree.  

Following your logic, if the person fighting abusive admins with too much power is a cheater, than the person wanting all that power is the abusive admin. 

Edited by General Zod

So you are saying that Bohemia and Valve knowingly have the game rigged where cheaters are more than welcome to purchase another copy of the game?

That means game companies don't really give a shit aobut legit players. This is disheartening.