RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I know if I were running a studio, I would be watching this like a hawk before negotiating with them, that's for damn sure.

I will try again...

If you have nothing constructive to submit, do not post.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

• Like 1

That was a little harsh, but essentially this post goes to prove my point about a lack of transparency and how it affects the community BE supposedly serves, givern the fact that the cheats are more egregious and numerous than ever, and the hackers are more transparent than BE, what other kind of response is even possible?  DayZ is probably the most high profile game BE has been involved with, and I am certain other gaming companies are going to think twice before discussing BE inclusion into their games if they can't get a handle on their biggest account right now.  I know if I were running a studio, I would be watching this like a hawk before negotiating with them, that's for damn sure.

What proof that is there that hacking is totally out of control besides the same videos that keep being posted?  You keep asking BE to provide proof that they are doing something.  Provide proof that hacking seems to be out of control.

That was a little harsh,

Maybe, but self pity does that to me. 

Long story short, to the community it looks like BE is loosing vs cheaters so they are pissed and vest. BE comes here saying about how they can't post numbers, how it's not transparent, people see that as a sign of weakness and / or excuses, they smell blood and vent even more. 

What proof that is there that hacking is totally out of control besides the same videos that keep being posted?  You keep asking BE to provide proof that they are doing something.  Provide proof that hacking seems to be out of control.

You can get the proof from playing the game, people see how many cheaters there are when they are teleported, or see someone teleporting, or their gear is getting stolen, or are shot trough wall. This is the proof they have, their own in game encounters with cheaters. 

Do you think people would waste time starting shitstoms here instead of playing if hacking wasn't that rampant ? Every game has cheats, but as point too much becomes way too much and people start demanding results. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Maybe, but self pity does that to me. 

Long story short, to the community it looks like BE is loosing vs cheaters so they are pissed and vest. BE comes here saying about how they can't post numbers, how it's not transparent, people see that as a sign of weakness and / or excuses, they smell blood and vent even more. 

You can get the proof from playing the game, people see how many cheaters there are when they are teleported, or see someone teleporting, or their gear is getting stolen, or are shot trough wall. This is the proof they have, their own in game encounters with cheaters. 

Do you think people would waste time starting shitstoms here instead of playing if hacking wasn't that rampant ? Every game has cheats, but as point too much becomes way too much and people start demanding results. 

580 hours in, not a single hacker encountered and yes, I go to the high traffic zones.  People are just coming up with excuses for being bad at the game and have to blame something.

580 hours in, not a single hacker encountered and yes, I go to the high traffic zones.  People are just coming up with excuses for being bad at the game and have to blame something.

Well I was sniping on a roof top in berezino and saw 3 men from my squad, 3 battle hardened men armed with rifles die to a bambi with an axe, he was teleporting, and we could hit him with a single bullet. 

• Like 1

P.S. Thanks for visiting our server, please don't let morons discourse you from join it. We have multiple admins who can kick abusers, although it can be tough to pinpoint the hackers. At that point, we'll just restart the server until they stop coming back.

I've been trolling around on your server lately trying to find Irish.  :lol: I've been having a decent time, but I didn't realize you guys preferred 1pp - that's been a change of pace for me because I've played almost exclusively 3pp! I totally understand it's not a server thing but a player thing that can happen on any server. I had sent this along to Irish directly as well. He mentioned you admin that server, I'll PM you directly if I spot anything else!

• Like 1

Well I was sniping on a roof top in berezino and saw 3 men from my squad, 3 battle hardened men armed with rifles die to a bambi with an axe, he was teleporting, and we could hit him with a single bullet. 

Great!!!  Got video of it?

Great!!!  Got video of it?

Tried to get one but less than 20 fps when recording make it impossible to proof teleporting, everyone looks like they do. Rooftop berezino is one of the few places I can't record at. Nonetheless. Teleporting is know cheat, and I sure hopw BE knows about it. 

Edited by General Zod

Tried to get one but less than 20 fps when recording make it impossible to proof teleporting, everyone looks like they do.

Then stop posting here, you can not submit or even be certain that the " bambi with an axe" was a hacker, I doubt that the few people who are spamming this topic would know a hacker if he slapped you in the face and gave you full gear.

I will try again...

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

:facepalm:

• Like 4

Today i met a guy who said he was friendly, (strange accent...) he comes unarmed near my cover, i trust noone, and he starts doing movments with the hands, but no gun.... Next thing i know :You are dead,". No shots, nothing, i was in a corner, inside, so no sniper.. Anyone seen this before?

• Like 1

Then stop posting here, you can not submit or even be certain that the " bambi with an axe" was a hacker, I doubt that the few people who are spamming this topic would know a hacker if he slapped you in the face and gave you full gear.

I will try again...

:facepalm:

You guys should maybe adopt /r/DayZ's hacking discussion rules

Just provide a sticky explaining this and instructions on how to properly report them. Dean even agreed with this. Done deal.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1

Send me a PM and I will add you on Steam, I can guarentee we will run into a hacker.  I mean no disrespect  but to close your eyes is wrong and my offer to play for a few hours tonight is legit.

• Like 1

are you fucking serious about that? go on 39/40 into berezino! i quit playing dayz about 1 week ago, because its unplayable. i ve met hackers on every single server. sometimes 5 minutes after i logged in and other times like 2 hours later. and pls dont call locations like novo/elektro/or the airfields high traffic zones. the hackers are in berezino. thats is where they have fun. you want proof videos? check the last sites in this thread. there is enough videos you can watch.

• Like 2

You guys should maybe adopt /r/DayZ's hacking discussion rules

Just provide a sticky explaining this and instructions on how to properly report them. Dean even agreed with this. Done deal.

There are options in that respect that are open to us and I am considering them but I do not want to lock down this Topic.

It was created to converge and streamline any useful information, I would prefer that members commit constructive feedback and/or information, unfortunately this, in all evidence is not happening as can be seen over the last while.

The reedit link that you supplied concerns the Mod and was posted over two years past.

How on earth can BE Dev gather anything of use when he is submitted to such attacks on his actions and integrity with page upon page of nonsensical chitchat, rumours and worthless suppositions?

Yes, hacking exists and is a problem, of that no one can deny and yes the community can help but must do so in a constructive manner, the alternative is to lock down the Forums and clear anything I got  hacked related, something that I have refused to do in the past.

So...

I will try again...

Until Further Notice Topic is closed.

Alternative methods will be considered regarding hacking and Forum member participation concerning such issues.

• Like 10