RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

u rly need other ppl to find the PUPLIC hacks and getting paid for this?

Again, we don't. You came in here claiming there are undetected public (not private) hacks for a long time and I simply asked you to list those. So am I right to assume that you don't know any?

I'm just curious what metric(s) you use to determine that and if those metrics are public?

We generally don't publish numbers, but the ban list in DayZ isn't that small.

Other than that, I am aware of the known private hacks and obviously I know when they are detected, so...

In the end I'm afraid you have to take my word on it because apparently we cannot go around and publish what exactly we are doing.

I'm a relitively new player (only been playing since .45) and in the beginning I thought the chance of running into a hacker was rare.  Most of my play was done outside of the poplular cities on low population servers because I was trying to avoid players.    After I got familiar with the game I started making friends and adventuring into the bigger cities.  About once ever other week or so I would have an unexplainable death and just figured someone was much more stealthy than me.  Then I started to realize I was having a lot more "mystery" deaths so I went to steam and looked at my recent players.  It was there that I discovered how preveliant hacking was, almost everytime I had a "mystery" death there would be a previous player with screen shots of hacks on their steam profiles.  I reported them to steam and don't know if anything ever became of it. 

Now fast forwarding to the last couple of weeks.  EVERY day I'm killed by a hacker/glitcher whatever you want to call it.  In the last 3 days my group has killed 6 people with hacked M4's and tons of gernades.  Last night was the straw that broke the camels back.  6 of us had Svet on lock down when a few shots rang out.  First guy reports I'm dead from one shot, then a second, then me and then in less than 5 minutes 6 of us were killed with a single round by someone NOBODY could see.  I can say for a fact that myself and another guy were watching the stairs and each other, we had nothing visible from the windows and we still died.  I tried to run back to get my gear (as did the rest) and we were met instantly and killed with a single shot to the head. 

The 3rd time I tried to get to my gear I saw a guy in the field outside Svet, I was watching him.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing, I thought he was going to log or messing with his inventory.  He then turns and looks right at me an starts firing with unlimited ammo out of the M4.  I'm atleast 300 meters away and I start to run (I was still a fresh spawn).  He keeps shooting at me and he hits me a couple of times before breaking my legs.  It only takes about 5 seconds before he is next to me and I didn't see how he got there because I was trying to roll away.  I called him some dirty names and asked him why he hacked.  The first thing he said is that he seeks out clans to kill because they cry so much when he kills them.  Then he finally said "Have you played DayZ long, if you don't hack or dupe you can't survive and that's no fun!"  Next thing I heard was about 300 rounds of M4 being shot, he laughed and finished me off.

It is so VERY frustrating to have this happen several times a night.  I wish they would do a wipe everyday, this I could deal with.  It's an alpha so I can deal with all of the other stuff but the hacking...  Anyone that doesn't believe that hackers aren't that previlant can send me a PM and I'll meet up with them and roll into Svet on any high population server and show them.  PLEASE stop hacking, I LOVE this game but I'm not sure how much longer i can take this.

Punisher

• Like 1

Other than that, I am aware of the known private hacks and obviously I know when they are detected, so...

In the end I'm afraid you have to take my word on it because apparently we cannot go around and publish what exactly we are doing.

Do other anti-cheat companies share their numbers? Or do you share privately with eachother? Otherwise I don't see how you can authoritatively say "BE is detecting more public/private hacks on a constant basis than any other popular anti-cheat system out there," unless thats just fluff.

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm not going to feed you such PR nonsense. If I tell you that most private hacks are detected it's the truth. If you choose not to believe me that's fine, but I am not here to put you in fantasy land with empty statements. It surprises me such a statement would actually make you happy? Wouldn't you still claim that we are doing nothing?

I will just say the following and then stop: BE is detecting more public/private hacks on a constant basis than any other popular anti-cheat system out there. Call it a lie all you want, it's the truth. I agree it sucks that the situation is still bad, but it's not like we are doing nothing.

You should also understand that BE is not the engine and vice versa. So asking BE to fix all issues (like wall glitching or the current teleport-to-bridge bug) is just wrong.

Anyway, as I said before, BE is constantly evolving. For obvious reasons I can't ever go into details though, so I hope you understand.

Well, if other games is anything to go by...DayZ isn't that bad when it comes to people cheating, so you guys are doing something right. I mean, even VAC is having problems coping with the new "cheating fashion", the worst i seen it for years... the only other time it was this bad was in the late 90's.

Edited by Cpanther

Do other anti-cheat companies share their numbers? Or do you share privately with eachother? Otherwise I don't see how you can authoritatively say "BE is detecting more public/private hacks on a constant basis than any other popular anti-cheat system out there," unless thats just fluff.

I don't know of any companies sharing their ban numbers in an official way. In the past I had some numbers in my forum signature here, but I chose to remove them.

As I said, you have to believe me here and if you think I am lying to you, then so be it. Talk won't change a thing anyway, people would still complain and be unhappy even if I published everything.

• Like 1

Sable, let me just say thanks for actually taking the time to read what's being said in here and responding...at least you have the decency to inform us of what's going on and trying to combat the problem.

I dont blame BE, and yeah you are right in what you highlighted in a previous post...VAC should be responsible too (not you're exact words) but I agree.

I dont think you should be the one that's held accountable for the hacking status...anticheats can only be as good or as strong as the game code they protect. People seem to be pointing the finger at you and because your the only one here thats defending your product.

The blame here should be in the BI dev teams hands, the restrictions inplace for admins is the reason cheaters roam freely and do as they please. VAC needs more frequent ban waves and security holes in the game needs patched. Until then, admins need the ability via tools to properly scrutinise logs and files to find duped gear, speed hacks, god modes, wallhacks and added items etc and deal with the offender accordingly!

I don't know of any companies sharing their ban numbers in an official way. In the past I had some numbers in my forum signature here, but I chose to remove them.

As I said, you have to believe me here and if you think I am lying to you, then so be it. Talk won't change a thing anyway, people would still complain and be unhappy even if I published everything.

Well no one can say you're lying about that statement specifically, because no one has any numbers. It just seems to me like something any anti-cheat company would say, "hey we're the best! No one has better detection rates than us. Seriously, buy our product, please."

I'm just interested in real data on the subject. But as you said, that won't be provided publicly. So keep up the [assumed] good work!

Sable, let me just say thanks for actually taking the time to read what's being said in here and responding...at least you have the decency to inform us of what's going on and trying to combat the problem.

I dont blame BE, and yeah you are right in what you highlighted in a previous post...VAC should be responsible too (not you're exact words) but I agree.

I dont think you should be the one that's held accountable for the hacking status...anticheats can only be as good or as strong as the game code they protect. People seem to be pointing the finger at you and because your the only one here thats defending your product.

The blame here should be in the BI dev teams hands, the restrictions inplace for admins is the reason cheaters roam freely and do as they please. VAC needs more frequent ban waves and security holes in the game needs patched. Until then, admins need the ability via tools to properly scrutinise logs and files to find duped gear, speed hacks, god modes, wallhacks and added items etc and deal with the offender accordingly!

VAC needs a serious update, i just can't help feeling that hackers knows far to well how to bypass the detection system.. and that is also damaging Steam itself, specially when hackers can hack steam accounts so frequently.

Well no one can say you're lying about that statement specifically, because no one has any numbers. It just seems to me like something any anti-cheat company would say, "hey we're the best! No one has better detection rates than us. Seriously, buy our product, please."

I'm just interested in real data on the subject. But as you said, that won't be provided publicly. So keep up the [assumed] good work!

I understand, but I am not trying to sell a product here. I'm just responding directly to some feedback from the community, so take it for what it's worth. Edited by BEdev-Sable

Watched the video.

That was desync..my friend has appeared like that many times.

Although there ARE hackers, but 80% of hacker claims are pure bs.

You can tell the diffrence from dysncing and the hacks ill point that out right now. Not sure about the vid i didnt see it im just pointing out alot of us old dayz players can tell the diffrence big time mainly because we can tell when we are dyncing lol.when everything is smooth as hell and that one specific player bouncing all over the screen thats not dysnc. that a blantant cheater.

• Like 1

Its ok though hackers will cry like babies when sometime in the future they start giving people full control of their servers and the whitelisting gets put into effect hackers will cry when nobody wants to play with them and they cant get whitelisted on the private hives. And the ghosters and server hoppers which im sure 90% of us tend to do me included are gonna be all piuty faced when they begin the hiving process and servers all get hive up in sets of 2 and 4s at least there will be community after all that.People are gettin too use to server hopping its almost warzish and boy will they cry and cry when all that gets implemented sometime down the road.

• Like 1

I understand, but I am not trying to sell a product here. I'm just responding directly to some feedback from the community, so take it for what it's worth.

Totally, I'm not trying to say that you're trying to sell something, just giving a humors example of how anti-cheat companies present themselves.

Communication with the community is always great and I appreciate your candor.

Edited by WhiteZero

I do understand though they wont be able 100% contain hackers that would be asking for the impossible but they can atleast slow it down and even make it misrable and time consuming for the hackers.I can say right now steam has taking a big time stance on banning alot of them you wont hear about it and you wont get any info on whats being done that kind of info give these hackers warnings and heads up.Ive seen quiet a few global bans last week or so.And its not so much as hacks that people are seeing right now its the dupe exploits and ammo exploits we are seeing which i hope .49 kicks in the ass.

Hey you, if you are here to spam Infestation4ever forget it, I will remove you as spam.

I was not serious with my choice of nickname Infestation is a bad game too, do you say that 4 posts is spamming?

Awesome. A secret and non transparent operation that is supposed to handle all of the immense loopholes of games that refuse to devote any of their own resources into closing loopholes in the first place.

That ought to do the trick.

I'm a relitively new player (only been playing since .45) and in the beginning I thought the chance of running into a hacker was rare.  Most of my play was done outside of the poplular cities on low population servers because I was trying to avoid players.    After I got familiar with the game I started making friends and adventuring into the bigger cities.  About once ever other week or so I would have an unexplainable death and just figured someone was much more stealthy than me.  Then I started to realize I was having a lot more "mystery" deaths so I went to steam and looked at my recent players.  It was there that I discovered how preveliant hacking was, almost everytime I had a "mystery" death there would be a previous player with screen shots of hacks on their steam profiles.  I reported them to steam and don't know if anything ever became of it. 

Now fast forwarding to the last couple of weeks.  EVERY day I'm killed by a hacker/glitcher whatever you want to call it.  In the last 3 days my group has killed 6 people with hacked M4's and tons of gernades.  Last night was the straw that broke the camels back.  6 of us had Svet on lock down when a few shots rang out.  First guy reports I'm dead from one shot, then a second, then me and then in less than 5 minutes 6 of us were killed with a single round by someone NOBODY could see.  I can say for a fact that myself and another guy were watching the stairs and each other, we had nothing visible from the windows and we still died.  I tried to run back to get my gear (as did the rest) and we were met instantly and killed with a single shot to the head. 

The 3rd time I tried to get to my gear I saw a guy in the field outside Svet, I was watching him.  I couldn't figure out what he was doing, I thought he was going to log or messing with his inventory.  He then turns and looks right at me an starts firing with unlimited ammo out of the M4.  I'm atleast 300 meters away and I start to run (I was still a fresh spawn).  He keeps shooting at me and he hits me a couple of times before breaking my legs.  It only takes about 5 seconds before he is next to me and I didn't see how he got there because I was trying to roll away.  I called him some dirty names and asked him why he hacked.  The first thing he said is that he seeks out clans to kill because they cry so much when he kills them.  Then he finally said "Have you played DayZ long, if you don't hack or dupe you can't survive and that's no fun!"  Next thing I heard was about 300 rounds of M4 being shot, he laughed and finished me off.

It is so VERY frustrating to have this happen several times a night.  I wish they would do a wipe everyday, this I could deal with.  It's an alpha so I can deal with all of the other stuff but the hacking...  Anyone that doesn't believe that hackers aren't that previlant can send me a PM and I'll meet up with them and roll into Svet on any high population server and show them.  PLEASE stop hacking, I LOVE this game but I'm not sure how much longer i can take this.

Punisher

I still can't comprehend the childish mind that thinks cheating is fun. It's not even winning. It's like mental masturbation. I guess. If I had to cheat in a game to have fun (imagined), I wouldn't play. It's like sucking on a pacifier.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Awesome. A secret and non transparent operation that is supposed to handle all of the immense loopholes of games that refuse to devote any of their own resources into closing loopholes in the first place.

That ought to do the trick.

I would imagine releasing any sort of stats would only serve to assist the hackers in which direction they need to turn with their hacks. It would irresponsible I feel to release any numbers.

I still can't comprehend the childish mind that thinks cheating is fun. It's not even winning. It's like mental masturbation. I guess. If I had to cheat in a game to have fun (imagined), I wouldn't play. It's like sucking on a pacifier.

Hacking is a weakness and shows lack of character.

Edited by Bakermensch

Please keep the personal insults to a minimum.

• Like 1

Well I for one am very pleased and thrilled that an announcement was made saying they are working on this. So I think it's going to get better guys.

So please keep up when you can do Mr. BE guy, we do appreciate you trying. And here's to things getting better.

That's the bright side... I think it can only get better from here. I can't imagine any alpha, beta, or other stage of a game being able to allow this for much longer.

Well, this is the "best" response I have yet to here from BE.  But when will it actually show up in game, that's the only METRIC that matters.  Saying you're the best and actually proving it are two completely different animals.  Trust is a TWO WAY STREET.  Prove you are the best and critics like me tend to just melt away into the gaming ether as we no longer can criticize you if cheating is kept to a minimum.

Sable, here's an idea, and one I'm sure you guys have thought of, why not offer a reward to coders who defeat your mechanism?  Use some kind of scale for the payouts based on the type of cheat/hack that circumvents the anti-cheat mechanism?  Fight back with a few bucks, other companies have been very successful with this methodology and even Microsoft has had terrible security holes patched up using this method.

The numbers on this work as it is cheaper to pay for the knowledge from the many, rather than R&D/QA within your own company.

You can maintain silence on your methods, but the hackers DO NOT.  They openly discuss said methods in forums worldwide, and then compile them into engines so the average joe gamer can pay them a recurring figure to keep cheating, and keep making money.  A reward system or just outright hiring one of the programmers to bring the hammer down would be the most economical and smart way to improve your own business model.

Edited by bubba42

Well I for one am very pleased and thrilled that an announcement was made saying they are working on this. So I think it's going to get better guys.

So please keep up when you can do Mr. BE guy, we do appreciate you trying. And here's to things getting better.

That's the bright side... I think it can only get better from here. I can't imagine any alpha, beta, or other stage of a game being able to allow this for much longer.

Sure, and b.f.4 is working on it night and day too. That's why they have an epic level of cheats which they purge every 3 months... until the cheaters buy the game again and cheat... And get purged... And BUY the game against... And...

Do you see the pattern? Follow the money and there is the real answer.