rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

The only thing I'm happy about is the pipsi.

The rest doesn't matter as long as I have my pipsi

EDIT: Hosty I swear it will make sense around 1:30 into the video.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

There is another pretty huge bug, when you loot a dead person the loot remains on them, at the same time giving you a "copy" of the weapon or whatever item, if someone were to loot the items from the same dead body, they would disappear from your inventory and go to them instead.

Has anyone had any luck with berry picking yet? I've been scouring bushes for some grub to no avail  :(

vac-packed frozen berries - supermarket - all rotten

• Like 1

I love updates. Really I do.

BUT can zombies still walk through walls?!?!

I'm starting to fear that we are getting the mod again. New content but broken fundamental issues. I feel this should be a higher priority than many of the fixes and content changes that we are getting.

I'm forgiving. I just expect zombies to walk through walls or swim in the floor and play it that way. But this can't go on.

Is this that hard to fix? I don't know. But surely it can be.

My faith will really be restored when this is straightened out.

zeds..as long as they pose no real threat i personally couldn't care less. loads/hordes of zeds, faster, tougher, more harmful, yes then it would be a real problem.

tbh zeds are THE one thing i have some real concerns :/.

edit: where are the bickpicks actually?

Edited by joe_mcentire

There is another pretty huge bug, when you loot a dead person the loot remains on them, at the same time giving you a "copy" of the weapon or whatever item, if someone were to loot the items from the same dead body, they would disappear from your inventory and go to them instead.

feedback already given?

Did you know this was an Alpha?

So Alpha is an excuse for half assing everything?

Yes it's an alpha, an alpha they are SELLING. 

You'd expect them to verify the updates they do to the game, instead of blindly updating and pushing it out ('must be fixed because I did it!').

Did they hire nothing but modders as programmers or what?

Edited by Andromeda

Good good, I need something to play until Reaper of Souls comes out.

Can't wait to test the shotty.

WTF. Not even in the same ballpark pal.

Im still getting that bug were wen i join i cant do anything and it sais ping, bandwith an desync is 0 for everything but friends say im moving

• Like 1

Yes it's an alpha, an alpha they are SELLING. 

Nope. They're selling you a finished game. They're just allowing you to play their "broke" Alpha and Beta as well. If you can't stand it, uninstall the game, wait for the finished game and consider it a pre-order until then.

Edited by erocker
  • Like 1

2.5 hours on the new patch, smooth obly one instance of zombie not using door, like the shotgun though is the speed loader to be kept in inventory until you shoot 2 bullets? One small glitch still bugs me is the right armpit showing through t shirt. Fps stabe at 43-42 out 23-28 in citys, and Iit be nice if guy 200km away wasnt heard stacking bullets, drank too much pipsi, o and some moonlight/ambient lighting would be good on night servers and just a thought but how about duct taping a torch to your shotty :) thats my 2 beans worth for now, peace out. Edit: with a full inventory I could make multiple splints without losing any items. Said splints spawned on the floor next to me

Edited by Luc1fer
  • Like 1

I'm pretty pissed about constantly spawning with nothing on the side of the shore when the previous server i was in my character was fully loaded. I consider this to be a huge factor on whether i play this game or not. To me this should be immediately addressed and fixed instead of adding the ability to pick berries...Just saying...please fix this ASAP! 

No one dev team works alike. But successful dev teams keep their priorities straight. You don't pile up miscellaneous eye candy type items into the dev queue at the expense of major issues. That's the point.

We all accept this is alpha and going to have to deal with issues. What's annoying is noobs salivating over some spray can feature whilst character save issue hasn't been fixed some 24 hrs after "stable" release. And not even an eta provided to that affect.

Again, unless we quit suckling on the dev tit and instead actually keep their feet to the fire, nothing good is ever going to get done and on TIME. I guess we could all agree we want this thing to succeed. So to dev team:  please for the love of jeebus don't take noob hi-fives too much to heart.. you've got shitload of work ahead of you yet! stay focused and professional!  

Thanks

You need to calm the hell down. Hold their feet to the fire? Who do you think you are? You had plenty of warnings things were going to be in an unfinished state. Go back to "C0d", as befits your namesake.

I'm pretty pissed about constantly spawning with nothing on the side of the shore when the previous server i was in my character was fully loaded. I consider this to be a huge factor on whether i play this game or not. To me this should be immediately addressed and fixed instead of adding the ability to pick berries...Just saying...please fix this ASAP! 

buddy, can't you understand that this issue:

a) was introduced with this patch, read: it's wasn't even an issue before, so berries weren't taking away from fixing it;

b) is not related to the game but to people who run the servers you play on;

go bug the admins to fix their servers so they can connect to the database. yes, this patch "broke" character saving, but it was a necessary evil, and there are servers that work just fine because they're configured properly. so go look for them instead of raging here

• Like 2

I'm pretty pissed about constantly spawning with nothing on the side of the shore when the previous server i was in my character was fully loaded. I considerd be a huge factor on whether i play this game or not. To me this should be immediately addressed and fixed instead of adding the ability to pick berries...Just saying...please fix this ASAP!

I think its who runs the servers maybe your problem I had to try 3 after a restart to 'be the guy who I was' then had no other mass issues, rubberbanding seems cured, overall good progress i think and just saying, as an electrician when we get faulty circuits it takes time to fix, sometimes you get it all working first go sometimes you dont, its trial and error, just because it aint fixed dont mean that somones not hammering away at it as we speak. Ps, Berret's are awsome. (Might not have spelt it right though) ;)

Mmmm i buyed alpha and thought i should test some things... instead i just play like it was a normal game... maybe someone explain where dafuq i can help?

You need to calm the hell down. Hold their feet to the fire? Who do you think you are? You had plenty of warnings things were going to be in an unfinished state. Go back to "C0d", as befits your namesake.

Absolutely LOVE how you say to calm the hell down while yourself being aggressive and ignoring very objective criticism he's said. Great way to build community that always just says - Everything is super, keep up while some gameplay stuff is still falling apart. 

Couple people start saying that stuff is obviously broken, stuff should be tested and most of the community starts doing the - ITS ALPHA YOU DOUCHE dance! Cmon. take it easy, people have right to point out the mistakes, especially huge fuckups.Just logged into 6 servers all night time even though they say day. Can any of the coders here, QA guys can please explain how that could've gone past dev eyes in testing?  As a dev myself I'd love to hear that. I just can't see how team of probably 3-10 QA guys login to servers and realise its night and don't report it. 

For a great early access/alpha development example check out Overgrowth and how that has come together over last years, months. And that was/is largely fueled by community but instead of constant sucking up they actually point out stuff that is wrong and nobody starts bashing them for doing it. Some people embrace criticism, some just start the holy war against them. 

Absolutely LOVE how you say to calm the hell down while yourself being aggressive and ignoring very objective criticism he's said. Great way to build community that always just says - Everything is super, keep up while some gameplay stuff is still falling apart. 

Ha, yeah, right.  "suck dev tit" if I recall. How very cosmopolitan.

I guess I'll stick to playing on our clan server all the time, lol.. I do pretty much anywho.  Have not had any of the server character resets people are speaking of.   If anyone wants to, and please do, join our clan server below in the sig and let me know if it's resetting your character.    Appr it..

Edited by Antykain

Ha, yeah, right.  "suck dev tit" if I recall. How very cosmopolitan.

Sorry, didn't get that one. On something that is not random forum assaults and BS things. Got this error: ST4zrBs.jpg Any idea what it is?

• Like 1

Mmmm i buyed alpha and thought i should test some things... instead i just play like it was a normal game... maybe someone explain where dafuq i can help?

Every time you find a bug you visit the bug report and search for it.

If there is sth. to add. Do it.

If you can`t find sth. like you discovered - make a new report and try to reproduce the bug. Et voila!

• Like 1

I guess I'll stick to playing on my server all the time, lol.. I do pretty much anywho.  Have not had any of the server character resets people are speaking of.   If anyone wants to, and please do, join our clan server below in the sig and let me know if it's resetting your character.    Appr it..

Edit: btw, the banner is saying it's offline, but it's online.   :)

Per the other thread from Dean (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/)...the character resets *should* be mostly limited to the subset of servers that are having issues with the whitelist/db connect error.  Now...real root cause of that - who knows?  Sounds like it could be a while to sort out since there's a lot of back-and-forth right now.

I think you're definitely correct in that your best bet is to find a single server that works for you and stick with it.  Server hopping is lamesauce anyway.

THE REASON CHARACTER ARE RESETTING IS BECAUSE ONCE YOU PICK A SERVER , THATS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY IN. all the other servers will be new characters .

Per the other thread from Dean (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/)...the character resets *should* be mostly limited to the subset of servers that are having issues with the whitelist/db connect error.  Now...real root cause of that - who knows?  Sounds like it could be a while to sort out since there's a lot of back-and-forth right now.

I think you're definitely correct in that your best bet is to find a single server that works for you and stick with it.  Server hopping is lamesauce anyway.

Yeah.. been following that post as well.  The few people who didn't try to KOS me in our clan server that I was able to talk to, said they had no issues with char resets on our server.  That's good news so far.  

I'm playing in our server now and trying to interact with everyone I come across.   "Hero" style..  lol

Edited by Antykain

THE REASON CHARACTER ARE RESETTING IS BECAUSE ONCE YOU PICK A SERVER , THATS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY IN. all the other servers will be new characters .

umm, no.. that is not the case bud.  It's not supposed to be like that on public hives.  Only private hives, which are not available.  Yet.