rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Well after about half an hour or so of gameplay into the new update i'm impressed with it thus far. The new loot additions are pretty cool, and I like the variations of color for the clothing. not quite sure what to do with this stupid spray can but meh, i'll figure it out later. My vault animation still acts a bit wonky at times however. Other than that, havent seen anything else I dont quite like or see technical issues with yet. Still waiting for them walkers to have juggernaut mode turned off xD

I was, however, disappointed that they did not implement some sort of suicide option, or fix the respawn (although the respawn just doesnt work for me. It may just be me and only me, idk) but i am really impressed with their progress. Im really excited for this game to keep on improving

edit: the suicide option meaning "oh crap i just broke both my legs in the middle of nowhere, I shall suicide so I can get on with testing the game" or "oh god I'm stuck in a room with no doors or way out because I glitched into it" kinda stuff :D

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

"oh crap i just broke both my legs in the middle of nowhere, I shall suicide so I can get on with testing the game" 

Server rejoin fixes your broken legs.

"oh god I'm stuck in a room with no doors or way out because I glitched into it"

Rejoining server and running forward while your game is still loading gets you out of textures.

Edited by whoops
  • Like 2

Server rejoin fixes your broken legs.

Rejoining server and running forward while your game is still loading gets you out of textures.

Ha well thank you :D I appreciate that info. Had been lurking quite a bit trying to find those answers and couldnt quite track em down. I bought this game 3 days ago so I'm incredibly new to all this. Thanks for the info :)

I realy like the new patch. Did not played that much right now but find a few little things like berets, Mosin adapter and a spray can. When I logged in yesterday I thought they did a massive jump up with the graphic. When I set my Texture settings to normal right now it is looking like on high before the patch. Only thing I do not understand is that I have to fresh start at some servers and on other servers I got my normal character but I think it is okay for an Alpha build and I realy enjoy playing DayZ.

Hopefully they will add traps in the game that you can place I would love it for Zeds and PVP Action =).

I realy like the new patch. Did not played that much right now but find a few little things like berets, Mosin adapter and a spray can. When I logged in yesterday I thought they did a massive jump up with the graphic. When I set my Texture settings to normal right now it is looking like on high before the patch. Only thing I do not understand is that I have to fresh start at some servers and on other servers I got my normal character but I think it is okay for an Alpha build and I realy enjoy playing DayZ.

Hopefully they will add traps in the game that you can place I would love it for Zeds and PVP Action =).

Check if you are on regular or hardcore servers. They have different character DBs now.

In my Opinion this update just includes one useful thing. And that's the pumpgun. I don't need to spray my moinsn or clean my m4. I also don't need a shorter trouser or pepsi or cola. They focus on the wrong things in my opinion. First of all they should focus on that resets. Point 2, that Zombie come trough walls. 3. The log out time should be at 10sec. 4. Now they can add stuff to perform the gameplay and add stuff like "whisky or vodka". I definitly know that thos points arent fixable that fast, but that should be their focus. peace

Yeah.....except there is no "pump gun" there is a shotgun, and it's not a pump-action shotgun from what I understand.

Check if you are on regular or hardcore servers. They have different character DBs now.

Thanks, have to check it right after my computer finished rendering some..... Thought something like that too. Yesterday I have been on some server I have never played before and I get back to fresh respawn. Today I wanted to look at some in game joined one of my favourite servers and I had my full gear. Think that "problem" will be cause of the different server types =).

No dice here on finding a shotgun.. yet.  I will find one tho.. I have the hacksaw ready.

please tell me smash that dean knows what a cluster fuck of a shitty update they released?

Really?   i think you may the only one who thinks this.. This update has been nothing but greatness.  Sure, other bugs happen, but... isn't that expected?  Still, going forward, it's only going to get better.

The game's gonna be in Alpha for another 12 months at least, if you're upset about bugs now you better stop playing ASAP...if you don't you won't be able to play the Beta...because your head would have already exploded.

So day/night time cycles got screwed up, I'm sure it's an easy fix...patience.

Did you know this was an Alpha?

I am familiar with gamedev process (being 3d artist myself) and I can't understand how day/night thing could have any excuse at all! If not sure - don't change shit just for saying you added some random number of features so the changelog looks bigger. I fully understand that this is alpha, but cmon to test if night/day works would take minutes at most and if its glitchy - roll back to previous version of code. 

• Like 1

Aren't you a nice little troll, look the update is great. It added so much stuff and fixed some other stuff, if anything

the only thing that even has annoyed me its jsut painted mosins can only hold one round, besides that I am

loving it.

Not to be a broken record but as everyone has stated its an alpha, you were warned, no refunds.

I agree that he is being bit of a troll, but this is definitely not a great update. Not even close. Have you actually read anything in this thread in last pages? People ARE OK with it being alpha, but are upset it being night all the time and some random character disappearances and so on. And don't give those good old excuses - its a lot of work, testing takes time etc. I myself dev games and I know that, but to test if night/day cycle glitches doesn't take weeks to code/test. I'd be happy with changelog with 3 entries but if those 3 actually worked.

Maybe a silly question, but how do you opt-out of the experimental build?

Changing back to 'NONE' in the betas tab does nothing.

I've restarted Steam.

Uhh... my character just keeps respawning infinitely after logging out and back in... and I have no idea why :/

Let's see...what did they say when I purchased this game...ah yes...

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Asking for stuff is not a very good way to support the development of the game. They are they devs. They have their own road map. They will roll out changes as they feel they need to do.

If you bought the game just to play, then you bought for the wrong reason.

If the day/night cycles aren't customizable when DayZ is considered full release, then by all means, whine and troll to your hearts content.

I agree that he is being bit of a troll, but this is definitely not a great update. Not even close. Have you actually read anything in this thread in last pages? People ARE OK with it being alpha, but are upset it being night all the time and some random character disappearances and so on. And don't give those good old excuses - its a lot of work, testing takes time etc. I myself dev games and I know that, but to test if night/day cycle glitches doesn't take weeks to code/test. I'd be happy with changelog with 3 entries but if those 3 actually worked.

Edited by RedDogMT
  • Like 1

There is more stuff added then that :)

Edited by Gaweu

After the patch last night, within 10 minutes I found a Mosin compensator, burlap sack, hacksaw and spraypaint.  All zombies were military.  Seemed a bit strange?

Do you think this is an issue with the patch, or is this normal, since these items are new to the loot table, they will show up first?

Please don't refer to people with actual constructive criticism as trolls and whiners. This IS ALPHA and so far everyone has been very defensive and saying that we are alpha testers and we should be patient. I am patient, I do understand the process and I think criticism is very important and that we should report shit being wrong. Otherwise....why would there be this alpha if not for wider public to report bugs?

At this moment everyone is super protective and very very annoyed by any criticism which is direct at the game. 

Game dev as any other production relies on criticism, feedback. If everyone here would just be - everything is superb, keep up the great work while game is having issues devs would get nowhere. 

So please stop being a over protective and be more open to criticism! The ONLY issue I have is with day/night time because IMHO that should not even come up as a bug considering how easy it would be to test it. Player syncing issues are fine, they are expected, but not as simple as day night bug. 

Any info from devs would be nice considering how passionate the community is. 

• Like 4

In my Opinion this update just includes one useful thing. And that's the pumpgun. I don't need to spray my moinsn or clean my m4. I also don't need a shorter trouser or pepsi or cola. They focus on the wrong things in my opinion. First of all they should focus on that resets. Point 2, that Zombie come trough walls. 3. The log out time should be at 10sec. 4. Now they can add stuff to perform the gameplay and add stuff like "whisky or vodka". I definitly know that thos points arent fixable that fast, but that should be their focus. peace

1) I hope you are a troll and don't mean that serious.

2) There is no pumpgun.

3) Most important: You clearly have no idea about game design, patch rollouts and workflows.

Or did ya imagine something like this:

Developers Meeting, they discuss something, Dean enters. First developer looks up to Mr. Hall and says: "We need to focus on resets and implement more zombies and also fix that they are going through walls, that should be in the next patch!"

Dean looks at him in total disgust, jumps on the table and screams "F*** off with that! Ignore it until December! I want PIPSI in the game! Pipsi and short pants, thats the TOP and ONLY Priority!"

....really?

Or just maybe (MAYBE) they implement things, which work and don't cause more bugs...Also it's nearly impossible that a lot of programmers work on a subroutine (like zombiesm glitching through walls). Why? Because you can't work like that. You don't know what the others have planned with the strange things that they have written in the code. You would have to read through it, maybe get it explained to you until you know where it is leading to...and that would change nothing because: You can't change the same programfile if somebody else is working on it. (called "checked out"...ever heard of?)

Pipsi and all the other funny drinks are just changes in a)textures of the cans and B) (only maybe, don't know if thats correct, i don't think that different sodas have different values atm) change of nutritionvalue (affecting hunger/thirst).

a) is NOTHING a programmer would do (well....write 2 lines of code to implement the textures to a randomn number of all can objects spawned) and b ) is also no big deal - changing (or adding) some values that are given said can object in a masterfile.

So the programmer is working on the zombie-wall-glitch or the zombie+lootspwan or the resets or some other program-logic...and the artist makes all this funny stuff like textures for the sprayed mosin, different can textures.

Dammit at least THINK before you post something and if you don't have a clue what you are talking about don't open your mouth (=touch the keyboard).

/rant

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 11

1) I hope you are a troll and don't mean that serious.

2) There is no pumpgun.

3) Most important: You clearly have no idea about game design, patch rollouts and workflows.

Or did ya imagine something like this:

Developers Meeting, they discuss something, Dean enters. First developer looks up to Mr. Hall and says: "We need to focus on resets and implement more zombies and also fix that they are going through walls, that should be in the next patch!"

Dean looks at him in total disgust, jumps on the table and screams "F*** off with that! Ignore it until December! I want PIPSI in the game! Pipsi and short pants, thats the TOP and ONLY Priority!"

....really?

Or just maybe (MAYBE) they implement things, which work and don't cause more bugs...Also it's nearly impossible that a lot of programmers work on a subroutine (like zombiesm glitching through walls). Why? Because you can't work like that. You don't know what the others have planned with the strange things that they have written in the code. You would have to read through it, maybe get it explained to you until you know where it is leading to...and that would change nothing because: You can't change the same programfile if somebody else is working on it. (called "checked out"...ever heard of?)

Pipsi and all the other funyn drinks are just changes in a)texture sof the cans and B) (only maybe, don't know if thats correct, i don't think that different sodas have different calues atm) change of nutritionvalue (affecting hunger/thirst).

a) is NOTHING a programmer would do (well....write 2 lines of code to implement the textures to a randomn number of all can objects spawned) and B) is also no big deal - changing some values that are given said can object.

So the programmer is working on the zombie-wall-glitch or the zombie+lootspwan or the resets or some other program-logic...and the artist makes all this funny stuff like textures for the sprayed mosin, different can textures.

Dammit at least THINK before you post something and if you don't have a clue what you are talking about don't open your mouth (=touch the keyboard).

/rant

well put

So dl the patch last night and playtested this morning ..Game runs absolutely stable and smooth...NO Rubberbanding. Inventory Tetris works smooth too. Dropping items on the ground still needs some time though. Found most of the new items ( shotgun, saw, spray paint, ammobox and speedloader for Magnum, cans of Pipsi and Kola...) but haven't looked for berries yet. New zombies are looking cool..nice touch they have the CDF patch on their uniforms ( If I saw right).The "new" or better said finished new city is amazing.... found 2 new buildings  :) (police station and small medical center...very awesome) and a new wooden shack at the train station

Very good patch /Update  :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah, you are right, but isn't it the only useful new item at the moment?

EDT: Ah, wait, speedloaders and shoes/pants...

wait....a complete new large city including completely new buildings.....is not useful....using a burlap sack for kidnapping... is not a cool new feature....having more variants of cloths and items ...is not good to have ?????

wtf is wrong with you people

• Like 4

Just found a frying pan so i thought it was time to say evetything ive found new unmentioned in patch notes: frying pan, suppressor and torch for fnx, crsftable backpack with burlap sack znd rope, mosin m44 compensater, red barn spawns loot, two new buildings in new town. Possibly sks but unconfirmed, 4 new berrets.

Edited by spartan54820
  • Like 1