rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

It depends on night time what time you play jut look for servers in time period of between 8:00 and 17:00

Thats such a "great" idea! Lets make people who work by day be only restricted to 12 or so day servers because most of them are linked to clock. Night time servers are great, but most people, especially newbies like to play in daytime servers and most of those can only do it after work/studies. 

since a couple of patches the game tends to be increasingly unplayable. Sometimes i can play for a bit but after a while lag overwhelms and i cant interact with the world anymore. I kinda got the impression it has something to do with the introduction of battle eye... but what do i know ;)

I like the changes in this patch however even though i cant really enjoy nor test em *g

Maybe I can make the pain go away? Here is a selection of some of the new items you'll be able to find when you get on a stable server! A selection of NEW LOOT!!!

The SKS is a semi-auto rifle. I don't think it's been added to the game yet but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah they said they only added the description... but why a description for a missing gun?

Anyway it will be added soon, the guy in charge of the art has posted an image of it on twitter for teasing https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeiAjeKCQAAMoQj.jpg:large

Well maybe you are, but one is no longer a 'tester' when he paid for the product. They got enough money in the pocket to hire any number of qualified QA/test personnel as well as an A-list development team. Instead of passing the blame to server hosts and the user (re: misconfiguration), they should just get on the ball and fix the glaring issues that prevent paid customers from enjoying the product OR at least provide a concrete ETA for a possible fix. 

And I'm not talking to bummer issues such as occassional server lag, disconnects, etc. I'm talking about my character loosing all progress and items every half-goddamn-hour. There should be no excuse for pushing a 'stable' release with a potential for such monstrous failure and no plan for a fix for 24 hours after the release! We are not talking about a team of amateurs here are we?? So quit sucking up for no good reason and cutting 'em slack. Unless this community keeps their feet to the fire, nothing's ever going to get done. 

You kidding me? You PAID to test the game. You PAID to get access to an UNIFINISHED game.

Dont throw some inadequate bullshit into the forums to tell us about your complaints.

This is for noting bugs. Communicating with others to hear any fixes.

Not for you to come spill your period blood all over the forums. So good day to you illogical human being.  

• Like 4

Well maybe you are, but one is no longer a 'tester' when he paid for the product. They got enough money in the pocket to hire any number of qualified QA/test personnel as well as an A-list development team. Instead of passing the blame to server hosts and the user (re: misconfiguration), they should just get on the ball and fix the glaring issues that prevent paid customers from enjoying the product OR at least provide a concrete ETA for a possible fix. 

And I'm not talking to bummer issues such as occassional server lag, disconnects, etc. I'm talking about my character loosing all progress and items every half-goddamn-hour. There should be no excuse for pushing a 'stable' release with a potential for such monstrous failure and no plan for a fix for 24 hours after the release! We are not talking about a team of amateurs here are we?? So quit sucking up for no good reason and cutting 'em slack. Unless this community keeps their feet to the fire, nothing's ever going to get done. 

You kidding me? You PAID to test the game. You PAID to get access to an UNIFINISHED game.

Dont throw some inadequate bullshit into the forums to tell us about your complaints.

Not for you to come spill your period blood all over the forums. So good day to you illogical human being.  

• Like 2

• Like 1

i love the idea of the new improvised backpack but the problem is that i was trying to make one yesterday, but i found literally 3 taloon backpacks before i found a burlap sack... which kind of makes it pointless.

The point I take from it is its more camouflaged than a taloon pack? Just my thoughts on it.

1hr day 1hr night are you kidding? Lay off the drugs.

Nothing drug-related.... but if you got a list of fav-servers (like i do) and want to experience the game in a whole (day AND night) with a fulltime job... well, you can't! Unless you browse for time, which sucks... i just want (yeah, i know... sounds like GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!) to play, notice how the sun sets..... getting paronoid on the lack of light and be happy when the sun rises again..... in one session of gaming.

IMHO the day/night cycle breaks the game in terms of enjoying the game in a whole. ;(

Mouse movement still isn't right. I can't turn off acceleration and it just feels so wrong - it's quick then slow... Why the change from A2/A3?

Mouse movement still isn't right. I can't turn off acceleration and it just feels so wrong - it's quick then slow... Why the change from A2/A3?

try the search function...

hardstyler, much agreed!

I fucking hate browsing for 10+ minutes to find a fucking server that is day...

Seems majority of servers are in the eastern US, in terms of timezone...so when the average joe gets to play after work/dinner its always dark on any local servers...

My favorite servers are vilayer.com, and of course not a single vilayer server is daytime when its night time on the north american eastern side.

from a realism aspect fine, have at it. but it is a vijeo game, not RL.

Nothing drug-related.... but if you got a list of fav-servers (like i do) and want to experience the game in a whole (day AND night) with a fulltime job... well, you can't! Unless you browse for time, which sucks... i just want (yeah, i know... sounds like GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!) to play, notice how the sun sets..... getting paronoid on the lack of light and be happy when the sun rises again..... in one session of gaming.

IMHO the day/night cycle breaks the game in terms of enjoying the game in a whole. ;(

yap but maybe not 1h that would suck also...maybe 4h cicles

Is it just me or do the military tents not have loot anymore? Even on a server that just restarted I can't find anything in them.

Personnaly 2hrs cycle seems a good idea, or should servers get control of it they could run a couple to test the water, see how popular they are,

I for ine would like to experience day to sunset to moonlight all in one go, maybe have (once spawning is properly implemented) have the brain stealers go nuts as the sun sinks to darkness, yeah I I like that thought 'happy hour' for zombies.

Is it just me or do the military tents not have loot anymore? Even on a server that just restarted I can't find anything in them.

yip, same here - server restartet, joined instantly back and where near the big airfield at the tentcamp - zombies around the tents, tents empty.

Edited by Guest

For once it would be nice to have some nice small practical changes. Maybe something along the lines of being able to spawn when you click "respawn", or your camera not glitching out for 30 seconds straight every ten minutes, or maybe even some zombies that don't go through walls. possibly even fix all the invisible walls that you can't shoot through, or, i might be stretching it here, but maybe we could get something like the ability to not fly into the sky when we get ladders. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of DayZ, and I played the mod almost every day from its release until when standalone came out. The issue is, mod is more developed than the standalone in many ways. Specifically, you dont shoot straight up into the sky when you get on a ladder, or spawn randomly on the coast for no reason, or have zombies come from out of nowhere through a wall.

My one sincere wish for DayZ is for this: for patches to alternate between new content, and fixes. Just work on fixing all the bugs you can, then make that the stable build. After that, give the people new toys; the ability to hang people, to dance, whatever you may. Make that the stable build. And without question, those new additions will give rise to fifty million issues that the next patch should have the sole purpose of fixing. Once I can play without being randomly tabbed out, being attacked by zombies who go through walls, having random leg breaks from getting stuck in a doorway or thrown off ladders, I think I can really start enjoying the game.

BUT SERIOUSLY, STOP ADDING SHIT BEFORE YOU'VE FIXED FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES

For everybody whos want to find a shotgun...

You can find it in officebuilding and on the ship in the bay (in northeast), search on cabines, stairs and tax cabin.

and in this hose (the house with the piano) 

201401230000c7iejsozhb.jpg

EDIT: i know an another house with shotgun spawn too, but no screenshot^^

Edited by WilliamSurvive
  • Like 2

For once it would be nice to have some nice small practical changes. Maybe something along the lines of being able to spawn when you click "respawn", or your camera not glitching out for 30 seconds straight every ten minutes, or maybe even some zombies that don't go through walls. possibly even fix all the invisible walls that you can't shoot through, or, i might be stretching it here, but maybe we could get something like the ability to not fly into the sky when we get ladders. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of DayZ, and I played the mod almost every day from its release until when standalone came out. The issue is, mod is more developed than the standalone in many ways. Specifically, you dont shoot straight up into the sky when you get on a ladder, or spawn randomly on the coast for no reason, or have zombies come from out of nowhere through a wall.

My one sincere wish for DayZ is for this: for patches to alternate between new content, and fixes. Just work on fixing all the bugs you can, then make that the stable build. After that, give the people new toys; the ability to hang people, to dance, whatever you may. Make that the stable build. And without question, those new additions will give rise to fifty million issues that the next patch should have the sole purpose of fixing. Once I can play without being randomly tabbed out, being attacked by zombies who go through walls, having random leg breaks from getting stuck in a doorway or thrown off ladders, I think I can really start enjoying the game.

BUT SERIOUSLY, STOP ADDING SHIT BEFORE YOU'VE FIXED FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES

Seriously, people adding items and artwork and gun magic (bullet physics or some weirding way) are not the guys coding zombie behavior or camera issues (by the way me like many have never had camera issues) again ill use a building analogy the bricklayer building the face of the house DOSENT wire it up and DOSENT plaster the walls they are all seperate PROCESSES that once COMPLETE create the FINAL product. You have paid for the FOUNDATIONS Of a finished product. Yes you can say I dont like how you do that, please change it but you can not DEMAND the roof to be put on until the f@#$king WALLS are built....

• Like 4

There's kind of an issue with spray cans generally, I tried to spray my mosin, and it dissapeared (no, it did not just pop up after a minute and I just missed it)

There's kind of an issue with spray cans generally, I tried to spray my mosin, and it dissapeared (no, it did not just pop up after a minute and I just missed it)

You're right - there is an issue with spraying mosin but it doesn't involve disappearing. Once you spray paint the mosin, it changes to a different one - painted - which you can find on the ground. But you probably did it INDOORS and that causes a glitch where painted mosin spawns on the roof (or is floating in the air next to the building). That has happened to me. So your mosin didn't actually disappear...

If it's on the roof - you're basically screwed... :( BUT...! If it's floating in mid-air (as it was in my case), you can walk underneath it and it will show in your vicinity!  ^_^

since a couple of patches the game tends to be increasingly unplayable. Sometimes i can play for a bit but after a while lag overwhelms and i cant interact with the world anymore. I kinda got the impression it has something to do with the introduction of battle eye... but what do i know ;)

I like the changes in this patch however even though i cant really enjoy nor test em *g

Is your issue desync or fps?

Edited by Highlander007

Seriously, people adding items and artwork and gun magic (bullet physics or some weirding way) are not the guys coding zombie behavior or camera issues (by the way me like many have never had camera issues) again ill use a building analogy the bricklayer building the face of the house DOSENT wire it up and DOSENT plaster the walls they are all seperate PROCESSES that once COMPLETE create the FINAL product. You have paid for the FOUNDATIONS Of a finished product. Yes you can say I dont like how you do that, please change it but you can not DEMAND the roof to be put on until the f@#$king WALLS are built....

I will assume you have never worked with software before, let alone in a company that develops it.

You can't compare this to building a house or most physical things, it doesn't work that way.

They can't have everyone working on fixing mainframe, core, physics, or HMI. These areas are usually specialized and changes can't be made to them without a decent amount of understanding and experience.

Everyone is split into groups, groups are then given tasks and deadlines. Some groups finish before others, and big and/or risky changes take much longer to implement let alone test.