rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

I think, due to briefly reading the comments above, that some players have no idea how the servers / character saving system works. I'll admit I was a bit confused myself. It would be nice if a Moderator could jump in here and explain or lead us to a thread or info that explains.

I know this much, on most servers set to "regular" my character is the same geared up and in the same location. On the "hardcore" servers I'm on the coast. I tested it last night and played for a while on hardcore and got my character geared up, but when I switched to another hard core server he was on the coast.

Can anyone that actually knows comment on this? It's possible that it's not known. I mean, I just saw on Reddit that Rocket was unaware that the pen and paper system wasn't working! So, there may be a communication problem as far as bugs are concerned. I know the bug tracker is basically useless, it says that floating loot has been fixed yet I saw floating loot even last night just post the recent patch.

EDIT: Pen and Paper thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1vxjqr/rocket_wasnt_aware_paperpen_was_broken_until/

Edited by DrGonzo

I love this forum, staff member not bothering to write long comprehensive reply, posts a funny video response.

• Like 2

Nice that I made your day. Days are always better that way :)

But I'm not talking like a king with no background - We did not use the majestic plural, did We? And the background of the forum is set to black normally - if you don't have one, just check the "My Settings" section, some boards allow different styles, maybe there is one where the background is missing.

Ok, seriously: I work as a programmer for some years now (but not in the gaming industry) and it just came to my mind that the post I replied to in the first place, was that sort of total, excuse that word, BS that people that have no knowledge about programming are bringing up so often:

"They focus on the wrong things", "They need to fix that first before they add that"  And that was exactly what you wrote.

I answered that, only regarding your post without knowing you personally, I have to assume that you are talking about something, you don't have the slightest clue about.

However, I did not say that this problem should not be focussed or that it is not important - if you read carefully what I wrote, you may see that.

So, if you want to discuss (and answering to a post is discussing), please don't start like that - to put words in somebody's mouth is just a prove of bad manners, just like not really listening (=reading) what the other person said (=wrote)

What I DID say was: Adding different sorts of sodas (or beer or whatever the texture and the text of the freaking cans say) is something that (again, coming only from my experience) does not delay in any way the work on something like the zombie-wall-glitch. Just because these things are normally done by totally different people.

And yes, character resets are annoying and should be fixed as soon as possible. And I'm pretty sure that the devs are aware of that and it will be one of the top-priority items for the next patch or even a hotfix.

Well, then I have to say sorry. Your correct. And yes, I got no clue about programming a Game. Just had it at school but there we made calculators and other stuff^^

So I think we both have the same thinking of the Game. Peace.

ps: No reset today for me. (o.o)

Jesus christ children, can you stop the back and forth arguing on this thread. There is actual information that is more important getting buried by your pointless blathering back and forth. I'm posting this again because I want it to be read:

I think, due to briefly reading the comments above, that some players have no idea how the servers / character saving system works. I'll admit I was a bit confused myself. It would be nice if a Moderator could jump in here and explain or lead us to a thread or info that explains.

I know this much, on most servers set to "regular" my character is the same geared up and in the same location. On the "hardcore" servers I'm on the coast. I tested it last night and played for a while on hardcore and got my character geared up, but when I switched to another hard core server he was on the coast.

Can anyone that actually knows comment on this? It's possible that it's not known. I mean, I just saw on Reddit that Rocket was unaware that the pen and paper system wasn't working! So, there may be a communication problem as far as bugs are concerned. I know the bug tracker is basically useless, it says that floating loot has been fixed yet I saw floating loot even last night just post the recent patch.

EDIT: Pen and Paper thread: http://www.reddit.co...s_broken_until/

EDIT 2: This seems somewhat relevant: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167343-servers-with-connection-issues-to-central-hive/#entry1698896

EDIT 3: This seems to be the best version of this in the bug tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=7254

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

Is it available to view on youtube?

you evil :P

• Like 1

Anybody else having problems downloading the patch throught steam? Cause when i click "Downoad the update" it immediatelly goes to "Ready to lauch in approximately: 0 seconds", no download no nothing and i can´t start the game. Its been like that for an hour now... -_-

EDIT: New develepmemt i tried deleting the local content and re-downloading, but when i do, steam just stays at "Preparing for install" And nothing happens... >:( >:(

Edited by majogl

Can't save my characters trough hardcore servers, even when rejoining the same server I spawn fresh on the coast. 

Regular servers seem to load the same freshspawn every time on each server, but can't seem to get my character from last week back :( So not even rollback, just character wipe for me.

Had no problems with downloading the patch though, and I'm already enjoying the new stuff that's in the game as a fresh character :).

Edited by Problematic

Anybody else having problems downloading the patch throught steam? Cause when i click "Downoad the update" it immediatelly goes to "Ready to lauch in approximately: 0 seconds", no download no nothing and i can´t start the game. Its been like that for an hour now... -_-

EDIT: New develepmemt i tried deleting the local content and re-downloading, but when i do, steam just stays at "Preparing for install" And nothing happens... >:( >:(

Is it only dayz not able to install or does this happen with any game you might try to reinstall?

EDIT: New develepmemt i tried deleting the local content and re-downloading, but when i do, steam just stays at "Preparing for install" And nothing happens... > :( > :(

Try restarting steam then download it, i'm pretty sure it's been mentioned numerous times in this forum but keeps getting lost with the flooding of comments.

I have had my character kicking since the first wipe. I don't know, is that nearly 3/4 weeks? More? Playing everyday more or less.

Login to today. Rolled back to electro with gear I had a few days ago. Spawn in. First and last thing I see is a fresh spawn punching me in the face.

Oh and btw, I spent 5 hours making a new character before hand on one of the broken servers, having lots of fun before I tried to login again and was a freshy.

Anyway, bugs I found:

1) Very small elastic effect that happens frequently. Would pull me back half a metre every 20 metres or so.

2) Mosin can only chamber a single bullet when spray painted.

3) Red brick canteen/bar building now has floating loot at main entrance doorway (when it actually spawns there).

4) VERY LARGE reduction in loot locations (at least on the broken servers). NOT LOOT, I'm not concerned about that, but locations. So in the same red building the back room will never have any loot, for instance. In the large yellow house no loot spawns in the bedroom or storage type room with metal shelving. Just to note, (seeing as rocket didn't know you couldn't write on paper) that loot does not spawn in over half of the enter-able houses found anywhere, e.g. the black wooden ones. This has been happening since the "start" and, yes, I have posted a bug report for this.

It really seems like there are a bunch of little and big things that we are all having issues with. I've had sever connection issues for a while and have lost characters multiple times. Recently I have experienced the same issue that others have had with deleted. Haracters and respawning as a freshie, and then I would switch to other servers and would have an old character be there fully loaded from a week ago that I am sure had died. As has been said before, there are obviously issues other the new patch and server communication and their save/load function. The best thing we can do is just bug test the crap out of it and post our experiences, which seems like what is happening save all this other petty crap. This is and ALPHA! For all intents and purposes, we are all a big bug testing group for the dev team. This is a persistent, online, open world game with a main server trying to keep millions of individual save data and trying to seamlessly transfer it over any server. The fact that you can even NOW just log out and back in on a different server and be in the same place with all your gear was impressive enough. These servers aren't being run by one main company/production team. They are hosted and spread out over the world with different settings, time zones, names, etc. the logistics of a of this combined is a lot to handle, yet people complain that they can't find an m4 or why are there new soda's and the zombies still walkthrough doors? Or I lost my character? Come on people, all of us have died and had to re-loot several times now. It's part of the game. We should be happy that we can continue to test this ALPHA out and still have a great time doing it. When shit doesn't work right, we should EXPECT that. Just be happy with what is working and don't complain when things don't. We should all have the expectation that this game is perpetually broken in some way until it's not. The ways it's not broken are the ones we should enjoy and try and make the best of. We all knew what we were getting into when we bought early access to a game still in development. It's it like GtA or COD had ALPHA access programs where the community at large help test out bugs WHILE playing open world multiplayer (well maybe GTA who's MP was like a beta).

Let's just post our issues and hope they are tallied and recognized by everyone working hard to make this game better with every patch. Stop bitching about stuff and update with posts about real, consistent issues with gameplay you are having and keep any frustrations to yourself because, not only can nothing be done about it immediately, but it serves no purpose. Our goal should be to but test whilst having a good time playing a game that works well enough for us to actually play it.

• Like 2

This is my problem:

When I meet my friends in one place, Desync starts to be very high (always 100.000) and I can't do anything, can't see my friends. When I play alone or meet someone in server, have no problem with desync. I do not know this problem come from.

Realized that i'm stupid for posting the glitch & how to reproduce it. Gonna post it into the bugtracker accordingly.

Edited by Konna

This is my problem:

When I meet my friends in one place, Desync starts to be very high (always 100.000) and I can't do anything, can't see my friends. When I play alone or meet someone in server, have no problem with desync. I do not know this problem come from.

are u using teamspeak or any other voiceprogramm at the same time?

are u using teamspeak or any other voiceprogramm at the same time?

Yes, I use teamspeak with my friends. But my friend is ok, just only me have high desync when meet them in game

• Like 1

this patch has all the shoes, love it. can go hunting for better looking/matching pair. haven even kept one set in my backpack cus i cant make up my mind :P

always happy with more clothes, even if they are just color variants. 

Yes, I use teamspeak with my friends. But my friend is ok, just only me have high desync when meet them in game

TS uses very low bandwidth. Unless you have extremely limited bandwidth you will not experience desync because of it. Thousands of people use it all the time with online games with no issues.

TS uses very low bandwidth. Unless you have extremely limited bandwidth you will not experience desync because of it. Thousands of people use it all the time with online games with no issues.

So why when I play alone, it's very good to play. Just when I meet my friends, desync is very high

seems as though if you have one shotgun on your back and pick up a second into your hands you can reload the rounds from the one on your back into the other, you are also able to unload the rounds and recombine them to duplicate and I think it crashes the server. I tried to report on bug tracker but it wont let me sign in.

Edit - NVM, reported

Edited by akafugitive

Guys can someone help me?
I found a mosin. First time I was able to load 5 rounds into the mosin, but now I can only load 1 (chamber).
Sb knows what to do ?

Guys can someone help me?

I found a mosin. First time I was able to load 5 rounds into the mosin, but now I can only load 1 (chamber).

Sb knows what to do ?

Did you paint it?

Yea... black.

Currently, if you paint your mosin, you will only be able to chamber 1 single bullet into it.

It is a bug and will be resolved soon I guess.

when combat log fix coming in ?

had 3 people earlier do it literally feet away !