rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

2.5 hours on the new patch, smooth obly one instance of zombie not using door, like the shotgun though is the speed loader to be kept in inventory until you shoot 2 bullets? One small glitch still bugs me is the right armpit showing through t shirt. Fps stabe at 43-42 out 23-28 in citys, and Iit be nice if guy 200km away wasnt heard stacking bullets, drank too much pipsi, o and some moonlight/ambient lighting would be good on night servers and just a thought but how about duct taping a torch to your shotty :) thats my 2 beans worth for now, peace out. Edit: with a full inventory I could make multiple splints without losing any items. Said splints spawned on the floor next to me

Load the speed loader and keep  in in your inventory and then load you shotgun. Once you've fired the two cartridges in your shotgun the reload symbol comes up and you can press F and it will load instantly. This is instead of having to open your pack and drag the ammo over your beautiful shiny shotgun. :-)

Yeah.. been following that post as well.  The few people who didn't try to KOS me in our clan server that I was able to talk to, said they had no issues with char resets on our server.  That's good news so far.  

I'm playing in our server now and trying to interact with everyone I come across.   "Hero" style..  lol

I do miss the old "Hero"/"Bandit" system...even if it never really worked all that well.  At least there was some attempt to reward/flag people based on their actions towards other characters - even if it was way to easy to game the system and never quite functioned properly.  Hopefully they'll eventually get some kind of system back in that will have benefits, either explicit or passive, for assisting people again and help cut down on all the KoS out there.

For now, though...I'll admit I go in guns blazing most of the time.  Gotta protect my beans.

Just wanted to post in here to mention that my character is continuously reset.

Every server I join: new character.

Join a server I was playing on yesterday: new character.

Join a server I was playing on 10 minutes ago: new character.

Log onto a server only to immediately leave, and then rejoin: new character.

One thing that I have noticed is that there are times where my character will seem to spawn in the right place, but will then immediately spawn on the beach. I tested this by joining a server, going into a couple of buildings to pick up a few objects, and then leaving and rejoining immediately only to find that the character was always being reset.

SKS rifle description added​

The SKS was added? When?

Muahaha , do not paint your Mosin indoor! this could happen...

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/796310898292399018/DF00486A83A123495F64C01102E7E3E5D3555E15/

lol.. Thats awesome!  Well, not really, but.. yeah, awesome!   

As for the SKS, not sure if it's added.. if they added the item desc, you would think so, eh?  

Anyone still got that bug were you cant do anything wen logging in and everything such as ping and dysinc is zero and anyone know a fix?

• Like 1

I know Chris Torchia (@ctorchia) the DayZ Art Manager tweeted a shot of the SKS a few days ago https://twitter.com/ctorchia/status/425731511661248513/photo/1 ...but that doesn't necessarily mean it made it into the patch.  I certainly haven't found one yet...but it's a big, random world.

I noticed that jacket isn't in the game... 'Murican flag.

My character keeps getting reset. It was going fine all day but now I'm not even able to peacefully go fetch a drink without losing everything or risking to get punched in the face by some ragefilled freshspawn :(

Sincerely hope they will revise the character sync-to-hive coding in the future, it's so far away from stable at the moment. 

THE REASON CHARACTER ARE RESETTING IS BECAUSE ONCE YOU PICK A SERVER , THATS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY IN. all the other servers will be new characters .

Not exactly but close. Your character will be persistent on some and not on others you just have to hop around to figure out which ones work right now.

My character keeps getting reset. It was going fine all day but now I'm not even able to peacefully go fetch a drink without losing everything or risking to get punched in the face by some ragefilled freshspawn :(

Sincerely hope they will revise the character sync-to-hive coding in the future, it's so far away from stable at the moment. 

Yea, this has gotten me to take a break from the game.  Heaven forbid if I find a weapon, that I actually get to use it before server restart.  I love that the dev team is rolling out these developments, but this last build was far from stable.  ATM, I'd rather have the old build back, at least I can keep my character.

THE REASON CHARACTER ARE RESETTING IS BECAUSE ONCE YOU PICK A SERVER , THATS THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PLAY IN. all the other servers will be new characters .

This is far from the truth, how about you spawn a new character on to a server, run and pick up and item, then exit the server and re-log back on.  You will spawn a new character, or at least I have everytime.

I have been playing on US 1-17 since release of the newest patch and haven't got reset as of yet the only time I got reset was on a regular server this one is a hardcore server got me the new shotgun and just helped a friend paint a mosin earlier.

So why when I play alone, it's very good to play. Just when I meet my friends, desync is very high

shitty internet? I dunno.

I know, it has been posted in suggestion-forum a while ago but it didn't get much attention (i guess)...

But Devs, i beg you... shorten the day/night cycle...... i love the night (and its playing) but i wont be able to see daylight again (unless i serverhop every night, which i hate!!) ... so please introduce something like a 2 hour cylce (1h day/ 1 h night).

Thanks in advance. ;)

Edit : Typo

1hr day 1hr night are you kidding? Lay off the drugs.

Could someone please clarify - are soda-can-opening-zombie-grunting rabbits =) still there?

The rabbits have zombie sounds (placeholder, though why is beyond me, rabbits don't make much sound to begin with) however hearing can opening etc is totally unrelated

Wrong. Hives are only separate for regular and hardcore. Played on 4 different servers last night. Character was the same on every one.

Anyone still got that bug were you cant do anything wen logging in and everything such as ping and dysinc is zero and anyone know a fix?

Still? Never had it to begin with, Have a mate who gets that but he has a shitty laptop and gets like 5-10fps. With a good performing PC I have yet to ever see this in 110hours of gameplay.

• Like 1

Alpha means alpha, this isn't beta or a final product bought off the shelf at gamestop, this is an extremely buggy game with a lot of issues, yes you can give feed back, that's what the feed back function is for, report the bugs and deal with them like everyone else, they get thousands of bug reports on the same thing and they work on them depending on priority, security, functionality, critical tasks and minor issues.

Multiquote, its there for a reason Irenicus.

How is his post count supposed to get higher? That matters right?

• Like 1

I got that when I meet up my friends, when play alone, have a little high desync but still can play. When meeting up my friends, I can't play because of desync is always 100.000

The new patch is awesome! Lots of goodies! But why do I start back with my 5 days old character when I login just now?

• Like 1