boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

any talk about the PS4 version and possible DLC policy in general?

Have a nice day everyone,

I've been somewhat M.I.A. as I was busy with college and frustrated over my crappy laptop not being able to run the game properly, but kept checking the updates every now and then when steam was updating the game.

I did get my brothers PS4 he wasn't using anymore so I was super hooked when I heard that DayZ will come to the PS4 as I love the game and would enjoy it even more with more than 10 fps.

Questions:

1. Is this true or just vague rumors still?

2. Will the release date be the same as on PC?

3. Will there be a beta (open or announced/ invited via forums?)

4. ...and most important: has there been any talk about potential DLC policy?

5. are there clans recruiting already for the PS4?

Regarding 3. : I personally don't mind spending money on purely cosmetic stuff and done it heaps of time to support games I love to play, but the DLC policy that is present in most modern games is a HUGE turn off for me to an extent, that I don't get the game in the first place when there is day 1 DLC content, as it always feels like I have to pay even more to get the full game (or content got removed from main game to get some extra money respectively)

Anyways, I'm super excited for the game to finally get released!

read up on the game, there is no "cosmetic" things in this game, and there will be no DLC's for it.

• Like 1

No. A thousand times no. 

A PC will not run a finished and optimized DayZ worse than a Playstation 4 will. DayZ will be like the rest of the console's "next gen" games: running at 30fps.

Also, as a PC player, I can barely type the words "next gen console" without laughing.

This game or any "Arma" based game running at a solid and consistent 30fps will make most players happy to be perfectly honest. Anyone who plays on the PS4 will be very pleased if the game runs at a locked 30fps in the wildnerness and cities as would a lot of PC players on low-mid range machines.. As I said, they wont be allowed to release a game in the state of Arma 2/3 with huge fps drops in cities, Sony just wont allow it. So at the end of the day, if they are going to do it, it will be done properly, optimized for the hardware (which will be a lot easier for the PS4 having only one system spec to setup for) and those players who do pick it up will get a solid experience. 

And as a PC and PS4 player, I find it laughable that people mock the consoles.. They may not have the power of a lot of gaming rigs but when it comes to optimized performance and good, solid gaming experiences, they can not be beat..

• Like 1

This game or any "Arma" based game running at a solid and consistent 30fps will make most players happy to be perfectly honest. Anyone who plays on the PS4 will be very pleased if the game runs at a locked 30fps in the wildnerness and cities as would a lot of PC players on low-mid range machines.. As I said, they wont be allowed to release a game in the state of Arma 2/3 with huge fps drops in cities, Sony just wont allow it. So at the end of the day, if they are going to do it, it will be done properly, optimized for the hardware (which will be a lot easier for the PS4 having only one system spec to setup for) and those players who do pick it up will get a solid experience. 

And as a PC and PS4 player, I find it laughable that people mock the consoles.. They may not have the power of a lot of gaming rigs but when it comes to optimized performance and good, solid gaming experiences, they can not be beat..

i love console gaming as much as the next guy, but not sure what you mean about performance and experience can't be beat?  I have never played a game on a console that didn't run twice as well on a pc with way better graphics, higher resolution and way higher frames per second.

e3SKZrp.gif

except it's not true, plenty of console games throughout the years have had frame rate drops amongst other performance problems, only problem is on console you can't make any adjustments or upgrade to fix the problem.

Edited by kobeandodom

any talk about the PS4 version and possible DLC policy in general?

Have a nice day everyone,

I've been somewhat M.I.A. as I was busy with college and frustrated over my crappy laptop not being able to run the game properly, but kept checking the updates every now and then when steam was updating the game.

I did get my brothers PS4 he wasn't using anymore so I was super hooked when I heard that DayZ will come to the PS4 as I love the game and would enjoy it even more with more than 10 fps.

Questions:

1. Is this true or just vague rumors still?

2. Will the release date be the same as on PC?

3. Will there be a beta (open or announced/ invited via forums?)

4. ...and most important: has there been any talk about potential DLC policy?

5. are there clans recruiting already for the PS4?

Regarding 3. : I personally don't mind spending money on purely cosmetic stuff and done it heaps of time to support games I love to play, but the DLC policy that is present in most modern games is a HUGE turn off for me to an extent, that I don't get the game in the first place when there is day 1 DLC content, as it always feels like I have to pay even more to get the full game (or content got removed from main game to get some extra money respectively)

Anyways, I'm super excited for the game to finally get released!

Console prototype is set for Q3 of 2015.

Q3 2015

• Traps
  • Barricading
  • Character life span + soft skills
  • Animal predators + birds
  • Aerial transport
  • Console prototype
  • Like 1

Prototype is likely far from the release.

Yes I'm guessing devs will play with it internally for about 6 months like they did with dayz standalone (PC version was talked about being played by devs in summer of 2013 , so I'm assuming they will release it to the public closer to December 2015 somehow ... Maybe a demo disc lol!! But serously how is this going to work considering games like this don't get "demos"? It must be an open alpha type thing on console , I'm wondering how it would go down considering console gamers usually hate the whole open alpha thang ..

• Like 1

Me seeing this is honestly not surprising...Bohemia Interactive has put great work to this game and the team works very hard and updates every Wednesday no other game development company can say they update that much. DayZ is most likely going to boom in the gaming industry as it is on PC... Just imagine that on consoles and even seeing this come from a mod is just so impressive! I give props and full respect to the dev team! Amazing game guys seriously cant wait to see what is upcoming for all of us survivors!

• Like 1

Is there going to be a way to alpha/beta test the PS4 version? Id like to get in on that if possible. Will the PS4 version offer a way to get in early like the PC did?

(Im already on PC, but want the PS4 version)

People seem to be focusing very heavily on money in this thread...Bohemia has made enough money with the pre-release of this Alpha. It's the staff and resources that seem a little limited, which can only be a negative thing when they are shared across two platforms.

Also, screw console babies, PC master race version will be the best, clearly.

Having like 20 controls all at your fingertips just works for this game. I so hope they implement the stance system they have in Arma 3...

Edited by The Gent

Am i the only one who likes Dayz is coming to the PS4? Guys, if console ppl buys it there will be more money for development sothis is a good thing.

Do you realise how much money dayz has made from the PC version alone? 3 million copies sold at around 33 USD each, do the math. Money isn't a problem.

Look at H1Z1. That apparently is coming to console. If they can pump out a console version of Dayz fast they could practically beat the rush. Not everyone has a good enough computer to run this or run it good. I have a ps4. I can't always get on computer so id definitely buy it. There aren't many games out so far. Dayz would change it up. Ya may have to dumb it down a bit since cant really make many commands with a controller but other then that it'd be great.

Look at H1Z1. That apparently is coming to console. If they can pump out a console version of Dayz fast they could practically beat the rush. Not everyone has a good enough computer to run this or run it good. I have a ps4. I can't always get on computer so id definitely buy it. There aren't many games out so far. Dayz would change it up. Ya may have to dumb it down a bit since cant really make many commands with a controller but other then that it'd be great.

"Pumping games out fast" usually doesn't end well

What you described is exactly why BF4 was a giant piece of shit for the longest time

Edited by Death Dealer

Sooo... I'm new to this forum and haven't played this game but after I found about this game a few weeks back I thought id check out the gameplay.... And it looked fantastic I've been waiting for a decent game for years and i finally found something decent :) my question is will this come to xbone?

I just hope they doesn't make the PC version shitty because it has to run on console, too. I remember Mass Effect 2 being a stinking pile of shit because of this.

I just hope they doesn't make the PC version shitty because it has to run on console, too. I remember Mass Effect 2 being a stinking pile of shit because of this.

i would say this coming to ps4 is good news for us PC gamers.  First of all it is giving the development team a ton of money they wouldn't of normally had, this money is being used to make the game better then it ever could have been.  It also forces them to get the game running a lot smoother then it already is.

• Like 2

i would say this coming to ps4 is good news for us PC gamers.  First of all it is giving the development team a ton of money they wouldn't of normally had, this money is being used to make the game better then it ever could have been.  It also forces them to get the game running a lot smoother then it already is.

Totally man, BI are way too smart to release an unpolished game to consoles because of the potential bad publicity that comes with it.

Totally man, BI are way too smart to release an unpolished game to consoles because of the potential bad publicity that comes with it.

Wrong.

Even if they wanted to release it right now, they couldn't. They have too much on their plates.

Plus every update to fix the game will cost a fortune.

They don't care about popularity right now. It's in alpha. They shouldn't necessarily have to.  

Nope not yet :/ be probably towards the end of year but that's my guess :)

Thanks for the input. Lets hope that it comes faster and they it the pc player base up and ask for help, would really like to get my hands on it 

Thanks for the input. Lets hope that it comes faster and they it the pc player base up and ask for help, would really like to get my hands on it

No worries I'm following news of DayZ and anything console wise is very quiet and tbh its only been a week since it was announce for xbox at E3... I hope it is released sometime in next few months but its highly unlikely to get it any sooner :(

And means that they will finish it :P