boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

It has more to do with the fact that the game development is taking a long time without significant improvements and usually games that have gone to consoles as well, equaled dumbing down.

Well I imagine they'll have got more funding and probably team members from Sony it's not like they're forcing 5 guys to make 2 games now.

Previous console versions were dumbed down because the hardware was pathetic in comparison they can easily handle DayZ right now, it's not that taxing a game...

And it's not even optimized currently.

I hope we get beta access for the PS4 version I'd like some time to get used to whatever control system is in play. Or alpha if it's going to take many months longer than the PC one.

They've made enough money to build a whole new game from the ground up on the PC base players and they should have done that first. That "new tech thanks to PS 4" it's just PR talk and makes Dean look like he and Bohemia tried to make a "money grab" initially.

To "dumb down" something doesn't apply to technical stuff alone, it goes deep within story and gameplay.

They've made enough money to build a whole new game from the ground up on the PC base players and they should have done that first. That "new tech thanks to PS 4" it's just PR talk and makes Dean look like he and Bohemia tried to make a "money grab" initially.

To "dumb down" something doesn't apply to technical stuff alone, it goes deep within story and gameplay.

DayZ has a story to dumb down?

I've played over 200 hours...never seen a story.

They don't need to dumb down the game at all, maybe they will and that will suck but they don't have to the game would run fine on both consoles, if it can run on my crappy computer it can run on them so there's no need to change the gameplay at all, aside from menu's and control schemes but well, those are obvious and necessary differences.

I was talking in general to why PC players are skeptical about such moves and particular to Day Z, about development time.

Well then they should educate themselves instead of acting like a higher intelligence while proving they're not.

I look forward to how I imagine the control system might work, select an item, press circle to drop or x to select square to craft.

Better than the PC version currently where you have to hover over it and wait for it to come up with your options, though I guess that will change it will probably always lag a little for some people.

Control wise my main hope is for custom controls.

And also what would be really cool is using the touchpad for things like bandaging, PC could have a QTE thing I guess but "press f" to bandage is fairly lame I assume things like that will take longer in the form of activities at some point, pressing one button to heal yourself kind of takes away from the whole survival thing.

yea having the ability to heal at will is not ideal for a survival game

Edited by xjbond007x

I wouldn't mind having it on my ps4, I could get a lot of my friends to start playing it due to there pc needing upgrades... But it would def take some work to get this thing ported and not a buggy mess!

I wouldn't mind having it on my ps4, I could get a lot of my friends to start playing it due to there pc needing upgrades... But it would def take some work to get this thing ported and not a buggy mess!

Well they expect 2015 so they must be confident.

Don't think there's any confirmation whether or not that will be the full thing or PS4 early access/beta.

I wonder if there will be some kind of collectors edition? Wouldn't mind having some DayZ related items, maybe like a compass or something that would be cool.

However if they go for that...could they resist "bonus content"?

Wonder what they'll do with servers also PS+ will pay for them so would we need to rent one or will that not be a thing?

Don't water down the PC version. I'm all for this as long as it don't affect our game in a negative way. 

Edited by Formosity

Rocket better not betray us PC guys by watering the game down for the console fegz. I'll shoot him over and over again in the game, now he is playable and all. That would teach him not to fuk with us PC gamers. 

*stomps off* 

Seriously though don't water down the PC version. I'm all for this as long as it don't affect our game in a negative way. 

Why would they water it down? Not like the consoles can't handle it all that needs worked on is the control system.

I guess they might water it down but they don't need to.

Well they expect 2015 so they must be confident.

Don't think there's any confirmation whether or not that will be the full thing or PS4 early access/beta.

I wonder if there will be some kind of collectors edition? Wouldn't mind having some DayZ related items, maybe like a compass or something that would be cool.

However if they go for that...could they resist "bonus content"?

Wonder what they'll do with servers also PS+ will pay for them so would we need to rent one or will that not be a thing?

I was also wondering how they would work out the server issue?  Maybe have to get it approved through sony? or like you said through ps+?? 

I was also wondering how they would work out the server issue?  Maybe have to get it approved through sony? or like you said through ps+?? 

Probably, that's what most MMO and F2P type games go I hope they don't go down H1Z1's route, let it do it's thing and DayZ do it's other thing.

I'd like to just buy the game again and then have it continuously paid for by PS+

But speaking of buying it again, what's a sensible price? I feel like £60 would be a little much.

Perhaps people who got it on PC could get a discount also making it like £30.

Pretty sure they'll try for £60 if they don't go down the free to play route.

Well then they should educate themselves instead of acting like a higher intelligence while proving they're not.

I look forward to how I imagine the control system might work, select an item, press circle to drop or x to select square to craft.

Better than the PC version currently where you have to hover over it and wait for it to come up with your options, though I guess that will change it will probably always lag a little for some people.

Control wise my main hope is for custom controls.

And also what would be really cool is using the touchpad for things like bandaging, PC could have a QTE thing I guess but "press f" to bandage is fairly lame I assume things like that will take longer in the form of activities at some point, pressing one button to heal yourself kind of takes away from the whole survival thing.

Speaking of controls, I use a 360 controller for dayz on pc and it works great for the game, so there should be no problem doing the controls on consoles. I use a controller and play it on my TV, never have to touch the keyboard or mouse.

• Like 1

Speaking of controls, I use a 360 controller for dayz on pc and it works great for the game, so there should be no problem doing the controls on consoles. I use a controller and play it on my TV, never have to touch the keyboard or mouse.

Yeah I just hope they involve the touchpad.

Personally I hope it doesn't go to X1. Not in a fanboy way but it would just mean that they'd most likely make one "console version" meaning despite the PS4's more powerful hardware it would need limited to work on the X1 and it would also be a shame to have a weaker X1 version and a more powerful PS4 version.

Since the PS4 effectively has more buttons to use it'd be the better control option, Kinect is pretty inadequate especially when not everyone has it now.

Yeah I just hope they involve the touchpad.

Personally I hope it doesn't go to X1. Not in a fanboy way but it would just mean that they'd most likely make one "console version" meaning despite the PS4's more powerful hardware it would need limited to work on the X1 and it would also be a shame to have a weaker X1 version and a more powerful PS4 version.

Since the PS4 effectively has more buttons to use it'd be the better control option, Kinect is pretty inadequate especially when not everyone has it now.

i mean they aren't going to make the game look any better on the ps4 then it does on PC, and the Xbox one is easily capable of running the graphics of Dayz (considering this would be one of the worst looking games on a next gen system) As far as controls go i already play with a 360 controller and have every command mapped to it, so not sure why the DS4 would be a better option.  Kinect could be great for a lot of reasons in Dayz, contextual leaning, voice commands for your inventory (just like skyrim had which was amazing) luring zombies by voice (like deadrising had in it)

i mean they aren't going to make the game look any better on the ps4 then it does on PC, and the Xbox one is easily capable of running the graphics of Dayz (considering this would be one of the worst looking games on a next gen system) As far as controls go i already play with a 360 controller and have every command mapped to it, so not sure why the DS4 would be a better option.  Kinect could be great for a lot of reasons in Dayz, contextual leaning, voice commands for your inventory (just like skyrim had which was amazing) luring zombies by voice (like deadrising had in it)

Yeah but can you imagine how iffy the Kinect would be? It'd take them a long time to get it working right "make splint!" "one fireplace kit coming right up"

It'd get very annoying I'd imagine.

PS4 could have some cool features with the touchpad like for bandaging, rub a finger in a circle mimicking the animation to get it done. Other things like that maybe they could add an activity for using a weapon cleaning kit even.

Gives them more room to lay out the controls in an ergonomic fashion and not have too many functions mapped to the one button.

Yeah but can you imagine how iffy the Kinect would be? It'd take them a long time to get it working right "make splint!" "one fireplace kit coming right up"

It'd get very annoying I'd imagine.

PS4 could have some cool features with the touchpad like for bandaging, rub a finger in a circle mimicking the animation to get it done. Other things like that maybe they could add an activity for using a weapon cleaning kit even.

Gives them more room to lay out the controls in an ergonomic fashion and not have too many functions mapped to the one button.

Well the controls are easy to map to a Controller I've already done it lol, and skyrim used kinect 1 amazingly so dayz should have no problem using kinect 2. Nba and Madden already use the kinect 2 with fantastic results, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I also use a controller... but also lots of buttons in the keyboard and the mouse. If this game goes to Console a big part of the game functionality will be lost. Just look at the games that are the other way around, ported from console to PC.. like State Of Decay for example. 

i use a controller and play on my tv, i don't ever have to touch my keyboard, every single action is mapped to my controller, no functionality would have to be lost at all.

Hmmmmm It's good for the DAYZ brand but I fear a rather nasty back lash from us guys who have supported DAYZ for a long time and would like more focus on completing and adding features to the PC version. It's great for Bohemia Interactive, I only hope this decision will improve an produce a better game for all. 

YASSSSSSSSSS

YASSSSSSSSSS

Well in answer to that guys post the extra money Bohemia get from PS4 sales and X1 if they make that to will let them make far better games than DayZ which is pretty weak these days it's been in development so long that it's outdated.

Hopefully all the money they get allows them to hire tons more people and make great games way faster.

Rocket better not betray us PC guys by watering the game down for the console fegz. I'll shoot him over and over again in the game, now he is playable and all. That would teach him not to fuk with us PC gamers. 

*stomps off* 

Seriously though don't water down the PC version. I'm all for this as long as it don't affect our game in a negative way. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207499-ps4-announcement-and-faq/

Q: Will the game be dumbed down to meet Console standards?

A: I [Rocket] do not see that happening, given the people involved would all hate that. But lets imagine someone took over the whole studio and did that, I would be the loudest opponent of that. And i am quite sure, my voice on that would be heard and rather damaging. So on that basis it is not a likely risk. I would be very upset if PC gets watered down, if only because there is absolutely no need for that to happen. If we were developing this game from scratch cross platform, then what yo describe often happens. I.e. Skyrim. But we are doing this the opposite way, developing the pc first and the other platforms on the side. The other platforms simply allow good results to flow into pc and also do their own thing, without affecting the pc. Console versions come AFTER PC in priority but PC gets the benefits of things needed. As far as I am concerned, it’s a win win.

Well in answer to that guys post the extra money Bohemia get from PS4 sales and X1 if they make that to will let them make far better games than DayZ which is pretty weak these days it's been in development so long that it's outdated.

Hopefully all the money they get allows them to hire tons more people and make great games way faster.

Many great games have took quite some time to develop. A couple of prime examples are the following; Final Fantasy 8(Development stated in 2004.The trailer was released in 2006, and last but not least the game was released in late 2009),Team fortress 2 (announced in 1999 and released in North America on October 9, 2007, Duke Nukem Forever

( The original game was announced on E3 in 1998 and was suppose to be released in January 1999, but was pushed back to 2001. The game was re-written and redeveloped, and a teaser trailer was shown in 2007. The game was then officially announced in 2010, and released in 2011) i know the last one isn't a good example there are many others just do your research or remember many other instances where games have been delayed or had Lengthy design that seemed forever.  For various reasons.

Edited by Scarcifer

Many great games have took quite some time to develop. A couple of prime examples are the following; Final Fantasy 13(Development stated in 2004.The trailer was released in 2006, and last but not least the game was released in late 2009),Team fortress 2 (announced in 1999 and released in North America on October 9, 2007, Duke Nukem Forever

( The original game was announced on E3 in 1998 and was suppose to be released in January 1999, but was pushed back to 2001. The game was re-written and redeveloped, and a teaser trailer was shown in 2007. The game was then officially announced in 2010, and released in 2011) i know the last one isn't a good example there are many others just do your research or remember many other instances where games have been delayed or had Lengthy design that seemed forever.  For various reasons.

Yeah but DayZ lacks a lot of the production needed for those games like voice acting, a soundtrack, motion capture by many people, new engines to build on(though the devs have done tons of work with DayZ), scripts, the story, monster and area design etc etc.

So without those things it's taken a very long time, it will still be a good game in the end but other games coming will surpass it so I wonder what Bohemia's next game will be like now that DayZ will have given them so much more resources.

I doubt it will die on PC for like 10 years at least still there'll always be a community that never leaves it but I wonder if it will be the same for the console versions? Can see it getting dropped if not enough people play it.

• Like 1

Yeah but DayZ lacks a lot of the production needed for those games like voice acting, a soundtrack, motion capture by many people, new engines to build on(though the devs have done tons of work with DayZ), scripts, the story, monster and area design etc etc.

So without those things it's taken a very long time, it will still be a good game in the end but other games coming will surpass it so I wonder what Bohemia's next game will be like now that DayZ will have given them so much more resources.

I doubt it will die on PC for like 10 years at least still there'll always be a community that never leaves it but I wonder if it will be the same for the console versions? Can see it getting dropped if not enough people play it.

You make a fine point there gent. I know me myself i have enjoyed the development process. Yes it is quite slow, but to be part of it and watch the world slowly come together has been an enjoyable and at times quite irritable experience.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the competition their going to take the same basic ideas and concepts and revamp them. Me myself personally i'm a fan-boy and remain dedicated to different things that i enjoy that some might be considered outdated. For example i still jam out on an SNES regularly. So ill most definitely be sticking around for the long haul. I know others don't feel the same and given up; I am not one of those individuals though.

I surely hope it don't get dropped if they keep adding twists in its lifetime with updates they should retain a quite substantial community i presume.

Edited by Scarcifer

I surely hope it don't get dropped if they keep adding twists in its lifetime with updates they should retain a quite substantial community i presume.

That makes me think, I wonder if we could ever get mods for it like on Steam?

Of course they'd probably be paid DLC but so long as they were good I don't care.

• Like 1