boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

You want lots of mods to be paid content?

pls no

Why do you give a shit are you even going to get it on PS4? Because I doubt it, PC version can do whatever it wants.

Since we can't just apply mods with copy and paste it's fair to pay a few £/$/whatever for it, if it's good content why not reward people who would like to be rewarded whilst also giving the game some longevity because it can get boring real fast.

Mods for new survival challenges and features would be awesome.

Why do you give a shit are you even going to get it on PS4? Because I doubt it, PC version can do whatever it wants.

Since we can't just apply mods with copy and paste it's fair to pay a few £/$/whatever for it, if it's good content why not reward people who would like to be rewarded whilst also giving the game some longevity because it can get boring real fast.

Mods for new survival challenges and features would be awesome.

or they could just add mod support. 

Mods are great because you don't have to pay even more money for them. "Want to play Epoch? Give me $10 then fucker."

I'm speaking for PC by the way because I seriously doubt we're going to be seeing a console port anytime soon especially with how progress pace has been so far. 

Edited by Death Dealer

or they could just add mod support. 

Mods are great because you don't have to pay even more money for them. "Want to play Epoch? Give me $10 then fucker."

I'm speaking for PC by the way because I seriously doubt we're going to be seeing a console port anytime soon especially with how progress pace has been so far. 

How would it work though?

Why go to the effort of making your mod work on a PS4 if you don't really get anything out of it? I doubt people would go for it, starting them on the path to become an actual game developer sounds better to me. Sorta the same as how indie games start people off these days, small crappy indie game with tons of support then suddenly the creators are making AAA content(I mean AAA as in great most actual AAA's suck)

Lot of talent being wasted out there.

How would it work though?

Why go to the effort of making your mod work on a PS4 if you don't really get anything out of it? I doubt people would go for it, starting them on the path to become an actual game developer sounds better to me. Sorta the same as how indie games start people off these days, small crappy indie game with tons of support then suddenly the creators are making AAA content(I mean AAA as in great most actual AAA's suck)

Lot of talent being wasted out there.

I think you're being a little too optimistic. 

For all we know DayZ for PS4 could be a flop or not even a thing at all, but mod support on a PS4 game? That's stretching it really far. Also I'm pretty sure the DayZ (mod) mod makers didn't go into mod making with the mindset of "I'll be sitting on stacks of cash soon". People mod because they want to, just look at all the insane mods for games like Skyrim, Minecraft, L4D2, etc etc. 

I think you're being a little too optimistic. 

For all we know DayZ for PS4 could be a flop or not even a thing at all, but mod support on a PS4 game? That's stretching it really far. Also I'm pretty sure the DayZ (mod) mod makers didn't go into mod making with the mindset of "I'll be sitting on stacks of cash soon". People mod because they want to, just look at all the insane mods for games like Skyrim, Minecraft, L4D2, etc etc. 

You can hardly speak for all modders though I'm sure some want recognition, else why bother with donate buttons? I've seen plenty freeware go from being a cheaply funded hobby to having a donate button and suddenly earning over 20k a month.

I would assume most are just smart enough(unlike AAA companies) to not be obvious about wanting money or maybe it's more of a side goal not the main.

About the popularity, I'm not sure people will enjoy DayZ as much as H1Z1 but they'll definitely go for it, zombies and open world games are all the rage still, an open world zombie game where you can eat people? People will love it.

Having some cool mods on it, despite engine wise being inferior to H1Z1 would make it a far more rich experience people would come back to.

You can hardly speak for all modders though I'm sure some want recognition, else why bother with donate buttons? I've seen plenty freeware go from being a cheaply funded hobby to having a donate button and suddenly earning over 20k a month.

I would assume most are just smart enough(unlike AAA companies) to not be obvious about wanting money or maybe it's more of a side goal not the main.

About the popularity, I'm not sure people will enjoy DayZ as much as H1Z1 but they'll definitely go for it, zombies and open world games are all the rage still, an open world zombie game where you can eat people? People will love it.

Having some cool mods on it, despite engine wise being inferior to H1Z1 would make it a far more rich experience people would come back to.

You kinda missed the point entirely

Im not sure if im buying the next gen console eg: Xbox one, or the PS4, since my computer beats em both up.

Not sure if DayZ, can run a console, since a pc is much beter spec related.. :PP and DayZ runs pretty bad on a pc anyway :P

Edited by Dayz me trolling

Im not sure if im buying the next gen console eg: Xbox one, or the PS4, since my computer beats em both up.

Not sure if DayZ, can run a console, since a pc is much beter spec related.. :PP and DayZ runs pretty bad on a pc anyway :P

Because it's not optimized at all yet.

My computer is actually weaker than my PS4 and it runs the game fine except in glitchy areas, it's not that taxing a game really the lack of optimization makes it seem so that's all. I can run it and Firefox just fine only my internet can't manage both properly because I live in the middle of nowhere technology wise :P

I wonder what frame rates they'll get out of it though? At least the fanbase is used to massive FPS drops already especially in towns if they can't manage 60 30 will do fine.

My main concern is render distance, don't want people being able to see you on a hill because for them the bush you're hiding in isn't even loaded...

I can't see how they will work out the controls and still have everything be quick and easy to access

Even if they do figure that out, trying to aim accurately is going to be an absolute disaster. That's just a fundamental problem with shooter-style games and controllers

I can't see how they will work out the controls and still have everything be quick and easy to access

Even if they do figure that out, trying to aim accurately is going to be an absolute disaster. That's just a fundamental problem with shooter-style games and controllers

i already play this (along with a friend) exclusively using the xbox 360 controller on my pc and have every single function mapped out and have no problem handling people in combat situations, so what are you talking about?

I don't really see it as a problem if anything mouse aiming is easy mode aiming.

So long as sway is tweaked somewhat to account for the lack of precision it should be alright.

I worried about the controls too but considering people play it just fine already it will work out, especially with the touch pad.

Probably won't be something DayZ veterans will like or be able to get used to all that quick though.

• Like 1

Well at least with DayZ coming to PS4 we'll finally be able to sprint around everywhere.  If Bohemia thinks for a single second that console gamers will put up with this going from sprinting to WALKING up a hill while playing a shooter survival game, they'll go down faster than a paper towel raft.

Well at least with DayZ coming to PS4 we'll finally be able to sprint around everywhere.  If Bohemia thinks for a single second that console gamers will put up with this going from sprinting to WALKING up a hill while playing a shooter survival game, they'll go down faster than a paper towel raft.

What do you mean?

I'm more bothered about what button it is that makes you walk instead of jog, damn annoying not knowing you've pressed it >.>

Running up hills is pretty silly but a slow walk...no no...

i'm a "console gamer" and i have never had a problem with this feature, sometimes i think it would be nice to run up hills, but it makes sense to have to walk them so i don't mind.

i'm a "console gamer" and i have never had a problem with this feature, sometimes i think it would be nice to run up hills, but it makes sense to have to walk them so i don't mind.

The kids, who will be the majority of the console gamers, will be expecting this to play like a CoD shooter without rails.  "Sprint sprint sprint, 20% incline? No problem!  IT'S A GAME WHY CAN'T I RUN UP THIS HILL FULL SPEED?"  I don't mind it either, however if you're actually getting shot at, you're probably zigzagging and trying to maintain at least a jog even on the steepest inclines we have.  I just don't believe the majority of console gamers are going to go for the current implementation of movement and inclines.  Personally I don't really care if it gets changed or not, I've played so long with ArmA 2/DayZ running I'm used to it.  Works to my advantage most of the time, as I'm not the one out running around in hills having to stop and walk while being shot at. 

I gave up on CoD/BF style games once they started reskinning, copying, pasting, removing features, dumbing them down and calling it a new game year after year a la the Madden franchise, and really haven't played with them for a while.  I think there's going to be quite a few features that get watered down for the console, maybe not.

Edited by acdc_bag

The kids, who will be the majority of the console gamers, will be expecting this to play like a CoD shooter without rails.  "Sprint sprint sprint, 20% incline? No problem!  IT'S A GAME WHY CAN'T I RUN UP THIS HILL FULL SPEED?"  I don't mind it either, however if you're actually getting shot at, you're probably zigzagging and trying to maintain at least a jog even on the steepest inclines we have.  I just don't believe the majority of console gamers are going to go for the current implementation of movement and inclines.  Personally I don't really care if it gets changed or not, I've played so long with ArmA 2/DayZ running I'm used to it.  Works to my advantage most of the time, as I'm not the one out running around in hills having to stop and walk while being shot at. 

I gave up on CoD/BF style games once they started reskinning, copying, pasting, removing features, dumbing them down and calling it a new game year after year a la the Madden franchise, and really haven't played with them for a while.  I think there's going to be quite a few features that get watered down for the console, maybe not.

Honestly the people you are accusing are the same people who have been watching this game being played on twitch non stop and will already be fully aware of everything this game offers before purchasing.  i would also believe that a majority of console players are in the 25-35 age range instead of being kids...

• Like 1

I don't see that it would be that difficult to do controls for DayZ.

Excluding the gestures I don't see that there would be an issue with mapping most of the main controls.

It might be slightly limited but definitely workable.

I don't see that it would be that difficult to do controls for DayZ.

Excluding the gestures I don't see that there would be an issue with mapping most of the main controls.

It might be slightly limited but definitely workable.

i play with a 360 controller and have every single function mapped to the controller along with gestures, so the controls won't be a problem at all.

• Like 1

Stop with the stupid hatred of console gamers, do you seriously think children don't play DayZ?

Because get your head checked if so. Besides veterans from the mod half the playerbase is clearly made up of children.

What are you even talking about anyway, plenty games don't let you run up slopes, most notably GTA V as far as recent games go and like every console gamer has played that so you're being unnecessarily hateful.

The gestures are the main thing I think will be awkward to set up, although they could have an on screen menu for them like hold R1 and hold the right analog stick to the right to stick your finger up.

Button + analog movement could work, at least it would be nice and fast and hard to get wrong.

That or the touch pad, up to wave, down to sit, two fingers up to raise hands etc.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

I know loads of kids that play consoles, most of them are in their mid 30's early 40's.

• Like 1

I know loads of kids that play consoles, most of them are in their mid 30's early 40's.

that's called an adult...

that's called an adult...

Age doesn't define maturity though does it?

Lotta people in their 40's still laugh at the word poop.

I wonder what other games will be on the market by the time DayZ releases to console because it will have some hard competition if there's another Battleield or CoD that looks decent(that will turn out to be a huge disappointment as usual) or any other shooters/survival games.

I hope it's popular enough to be consistently playable it'd suck if after only a few months you're lucky to get a server with more than 10 people.

How will they keep it fresh? It's a game that can easily get boring currently it's great fun to try out new weapons and features but once they're all there it might not be so interesting to play it daily.

Age doesn't define maturity though does it?

Lotta people in their 40's still laugh at the word poop.

I wonder what other games will be on the market by the time DayZ releases to console because it will have some hard competition if there's another Battleield or CoD that looks decent(that will turn out to be a huge disappointment as usual) or any other shooters/survival games.

I hope it's popular enough to be consistently playable it'd suck if after only a few months you're lucky to get a server with more than 10 people.

How will they keep it fresh? It's a game that can easily get boring currently it's great fun to try out new weapons and features but once they're all there it might not be so interesting to play it daily.

He didn't speak on maturity, he said he knows kids in there 30's and 40's, those are adults, childish adults maybe but adults nonetheless.  I also could never see how Dayz would be in competition with Call of Duty or Battlefield these games aren't even in the same genre, it'd be like saying Forza competes with Dayz because Dayz has vehicles.  As far as Dayz being boring i have already put in just under 700 hours and play it as often as my work schedule will allow, that's already more than any other game I've ever owned probably.

He didn't speak on maturity, he said he knows kids in there 30's and 40's, those are adults, childish adults maybe but adults nonetheless.  I also could never see how Dayz would be in competition with Call of Duty or Battlefield these games aren't even in the same genre, it'd be like saying Forza competes with Dayz because Dayz has vehicles.  As far as Dayz being boring i have already put in just under 700 hours and play it as often as my work schedule will allow, that's already more than any other game I've ever owned probably.

Adult sized doesn't define being a responsible, intelligent adult though does it :P

And it's not in the same genre per se but it will be treated as such, first person, guns, killing, zombies. It's in the same spectrum as far as what you can do goes.

Also it could get very boring once everything is all there, as you've experienced all there is to see...why keep playing? I think that will be an issue PVP isn't action packed enough for it to be a popular PVP game as Battlefiedl and CoD's are.

Who knows, maybe it will be completely different when it's finished.