boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

Adult sized doesn't define being a responsible, intelligent adult though does it :P

And it's not in the same genre per se but it will be treated as such, first person, guns, killing, zombies. It's in the same spectrum as far as what you can do goes.

Also it could get very boring once everything is all there, as you've experienced all there is to see...why keep playing? I think that will be an issue PVP isn't action packed enough for it to be a popular PVP game as Battlefiedl and CoD's are.

Who knows, maybe it will be completely different when it's finished.

who are you saying will be treating it as such?  Nobody in there right mind would put call of duty in the same sentence as Dayz where are you getting that from?  For me this game doesn't get boring, i have already logged 700 hours in a 30 dollar game i mean who could complain about that?  I can't think of a single AAA title that i have ever dedicated that kind of playtime to.  If it's solely the PVP that has you drawn to the game then it probably will get a bit boring to you, but there is so much more beyond that, the act of survival and trying to preserve your life above all else, be it through friendship or tactical fighting, there is just a ton of things to do in this game.  This game isn't even finished and it's possibly my favorite game of all time and I've been gaming since atari and nes.

Edited by kobeandodom

Let's face it guys, there are going to be people that will play this game, that shouldn't. Let me explain:

The PS4 is so convenient, its a plug and play type deal. Once this game is finished, and it goes out for those little squeakers to get their hands on. The game will be full of them. Literally. Out of every 10 people you come across, around 2 or 3 of them, if you are lucky are children. This is not a children's game, we had to take time out of our day to buy this alpha game, we had to get the right computer and withstand any glitches and bugs while these mayor clans and groups and play styles are all being added into the game. Once this goes viral on the ps4. It will be total disaster. You spawn, you gear, you have food and water, and before you can leave the city a group of squeakers try to sound spec ops and devise a plan to hunt you down. You just laugh, but you underestimate the squeakers power. They find you and kill you, when you go back to where you died, you find them eating you. Then the little terds kill you again with the M4s that they got from some dumb hack and they think they're cool, and if it wasn't form a hack it would be from the time they have on their hands, because they don't have to worry about bills. Well.. good thing that we will never see them on the PC, like they will be on the PS4. Before I ever even got DayZ standalone, I was praying to god for it to be released on the Xbox One. To be honest now I don't even care! This one game has slowly drawn me away from the incompetence of the consoles. and into the wisdom.. of the Central Processing Unit..

Let's face it guys, there are going to be people that will play this game, that shouldn't. Let me explain:

The PS4 is so convenient, its a plug and play type deal. Once this game is finished, and it goes out for those little squeakers to get their hands on. The game will be full of them. Literally. Out of every 10 people you come across, around 2 or 3 of them, if you are lucky are children. This is not a children's game, we had to take time out of our day to buy this alpha game, we had to get the right computer and withstand any glitches and bugs while these mayor clans and groups and play styles are all being added into the game. Once this goes viral on the ps4. It will be total disaster. You spawn, you gear, you have food and water, and before you can leave the city a group of squeakers try to sound spec ops and devise a plan to hunt you down. You just laugh, but you underestimate the squeakers power. They find you and kill you, when you go back to where you died, you find them eating you. Then the little terds kill you again with the M4s that they got from some dumb hack and they think they're cool, and if it wasn't form a hack it would be from the time they have on their hands, because they don't have to worry about bills. Well.. good thing that we will never see them on the PC, like they will be on the PS4. Before I ever even got DayZ standalone, I was praying to god for it to be released on the Xbox One. To be honest now I don't even care! This one game has slowly drawn me away from the incompetence of the consoles. and into the wisdom.. of the Central Processing Unit..

what are you even talking about?  There are already a ton of kids that play this game on pc, why do you suddenly think when it hits ps4 the ratio will suddenly change?  The ratio of kids on ps4 and pc is no different, tons of kids play pc and tons of adults play ps4, you will have a mixture of kids and adults no matter what you play the game on.

• Like 1

what are you even talking about?  There are already a ton of kids that play this game on pc, why do you suddenly think when it hits ps4 the ratio will suddenly change?  The ratio of kids on ps4 and pc is no different, tons of kids play pc and tons of adults play ps4, you will have a mixture of kids and adults no matter what you play the game on.

Obviously there are kids on the pc and the ps4, same with adults. But I don't think you can understand, that 90% of the kids that play on the pc are 20x more mature and less ignorant than the ones that had their parents by them a console. The kids with pcs, some of them have to take a lot of time out of their days to learn about computers, get the right specs and stuff for curtain games (DayZ) and they have to learn about servers and how games like these run. Sure you are going to rarely see the little immature squeaker running around in electro, but they are not nearly as common as a kid who plays the game like its supposed to be played, and is mature in situations and stuff like that. With the PS4, all they have to do is buy the dumb thing, go and buy DayZ from the shelf in their GameStop, and play it. And do whatever they want on it, without actually stressing over getting the game to work. I am not good at explaining things like this. The bottom line is that consoles are home to  vigorous racist little squeakers, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some good, genuine players on consoles too.

Obviously there are kids on the pc and the ps4, same with adults. But I don't think you can understand, that 90% of the kids that play on the pc are 20x more mature and less ignorant than the ones that had their parents by them a console. The kids with pcs, some of them have to take a lot of time out of their days to learn about computers, get the right specs and stuff for curtain games (DayZ) and they have to learn about servers and how games like these run. Sure you are going to rarely see the little immature squeaker running around in electro, but they are not nearly as common as a kid who plays the game like its supposed to be played, and is mature in situations and stuff like that. With the PS4, all they have to do is buy the dumb thing, go and buy DayZ from the shelf in their GameStop, and play it. And do whatever they want on it, without actually stressing over getting the game to work. I am not good at explaining things like this. The bottom line is that consoles are home to  vigorous racist little squeakers, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some good, genuine players on consoles too.

i am not seeing how you are saying pc gaming is more complicated then it is on console, these kids have there parents buy them a pc and then they click on steam and download the game and play it, it's as easy or easier then it is playing on a console and doesn't require or enhance the maturity level one bit.

• Like 1

i am not seeing how you are saying pc gaming is more complicated then it is on console, these kids have there parents buy them a pc and then they click on steam and download the game and play it, it's as easy or easier then it is playing on a console and doesn't require or enhance the maturity level one bit.

What if their parents bought them a computer that didn't run the game at a good consistent rate? And these kids have a mindset of "yeah I have a ps4 I'm so cool" not "yeah I have a computer I'm so cool". That separates console gamers from pc gamers (for the most part). We don't play PC to look cool, a good amount of console players think otherwise. even though their mindset may not be that strong.

What if their parents bought them a computer that didn't run the game at a good consistent rate? And these kids have a mindset of "yeah I have a ps4 I'm so cool" not "yeah I have a computer I'm so cool". That separates console gamers from pc gamers (for the most part). We don't play PC to look cool, a good amount of console players think otherwise. even though their mindset may not be that strong.

Everything you're saying amounts to "I don't like console peasants they're all children"

I love how you act like the playerbase is mature currently. Played the game 250 hours or something.

I have met one person with a gun who didn't immediately try to kill me. And overall met 3 who didn't, two of those were fresh spawns when I had guns so that'll be why they didn't risk an attack.

It's not like the game is fantastically hard to set up on PC it's just as easy as with a PS4. Buy it one Steam, download it and updates, play it. It's completely within access to children just as the PS4 version will be and of course more children will play it once the console version releases but only because generally more people will be playing it.

who are you saying will be treating it as such?  Nobody in there right mind would put call of duty in the same sentence as Dayz where are you getting that from?  For me this game doesn't get boring, i have already logged 700 hours in a 30 dollar game i mean who could complain about that?  I can't think of a single AAA title that i have ever dedicated that kind of playtime to.  If it's solely the PVP that has you drawn to the game then it probably will get a bit boring to you, but there is so much more beyond that, the act of survival and trying to preserve your life above all else, be it through friendship or tactical fighting, there is just a ton of things to do in this game.  This game isn't even finished and it's possibly my favorite game of all time and I've been gaming since atari and nes.

People who don't appreciate any survival aspects in games and think Resident Evil is a survival game. There's definitely more people who just want to shoot others than to survive in the game, what's more satisfying for a shooter than permadeath?

And yeah but you consistently get new things to try and play though once it's fully released and you know exactly how to survive almost every time it will most likely lose it's magic especially for people who haven't built up any kind of nostalgia around the game, that's what I mean.

Like once you know how a magic trick works it's not enticing anymore.

I'm not sure how they'll ever make it a continually interesting thing to play loot being in different places sometimes doesn't make it much more difficult or interesting to play over and over and there's no kind of end game just kill or help people until you die and do the same thing again.

i've never heard of anybody playing a ps4 for any other reason other then enjoyment of the games.... i am a huge pc gamer but i play a lot of console games as well and i don't see there being any difference in the communities.

i've never heard of anybody playing a ps4 for any other reason other then enjoyment of the games.... i am a huge pc gamer but i play a lot of console games as well and i don't see there being any difference in the communities.

This^ the only key difference is they don't know they are peasants and we do :P. 

I also own a ps4

• Like 1

Unless the whole control scheme is getting a huge makeover I honestly can't see how engaging this is going to be on the console.  Also will there be an auto aim feature that's usually included with every first person console shooter?

Unless the whole control scheme is getting a huge makeover I honestly can't see how engaging this is going to be on the console.  Also will there be an auto aim feature that's usually included with every first person console shooter?

already play with a 360 controller and have no problems with the controls whatsoever.  If they did that it would ruin the experience for me completely, i love DayZ just the way it is and hopefully it won't change coming over to consoles, if it does i'll just stick with my PC version.

already play with a 360 controller and have no problems with the controls whatsoever.  If they did that it would ruin the experience for me completely, i love DayZ just the way it is and hopefully it won't change coming over to consoles, if it does i'll just stick with my PC version.

Somethings will have to be changed on the Console version or not as much content and functionality. Look at the payday franchise is a good example of a PC game ported to console with lack of features to accommodate and be compatible on the console. Like someone suggested earlier though this will create more revenue for Day Z in general which will profit the PC version in being better in the long run. Because PC games will always have more content and functionality then consoles.

I personally am an Xbox Player and I play DayZ on the PC with an Xbox controller with a third party program that I will not announce. It is really fun for me and I play the game just like everyone else, if and when they release it on the Xbox One, I know that some controls will be different, but you have to learn to adapt to things like this!

I personally am an Xbox Player and I play DayZ on the PC with an Xbox controller with a third party program that I will not announce. It is really fun for me and I play the game just like everyone else, if and when they release it on the Xbox One, I know that some controls will be different, but you have to learn to adapt to things like this!

I was an XBOX player. Day Z has not announced and more then likely will not make a deal with Microsoft to have it on the One. Their rates are way too high especially for dlc and updates. Like i said look at payday 2 is a prime example. You don't think Overkill wanted to make and release more dlc for the platforms? I've personally talked to some people that were involved with indie games on the 360 that were talking about some of Microsoft's downfalls and policies when it comes to the platforms(prices and terms when it comes to their platform games and projects). Which overall holds back the developers. Which steers a lot from that platform. Sony however has a more developer friendly policy.

Day Z SA with a controller does sound awesome though.

Edited by Scarcifer

I was an XBOX player. Day Z has not announced and more then likely will not make a deal with Microsoft to have it on the One. Their rates are way too high especially for dlc and updates. Like i said look at payday 2 is a prime example. You don't think Overkill wanted to make and release more dlc for the platforms? I've personally talked to some people that were involved with indie games on the 360 that were talking about some of Microsoft's downfalls and policies when it comes to the platforms(prices and terms when it comes to their platform games and projects). Which overall holds back the developers. Which steers a lot from that platform. Sony however has a more developer friendly policy.

Day Z SA with a controller does sound awesome though.

DayZ SA with a controller is already a reality on PC it's how i have been playing it for over 700 hours now.... and DayZ has been announced as Multi-platform...

When asked at EGX whether DayZ was coming to Xbox One - having been announced for PlayStation 4 at Gamescom - creator Dean Hall answered:

"DayZ is definitely going to be a multi-platform title - that's the firm vision from Bohemia's standpoint. But we'll announce what all the other platforms are as we get to that point."

I personally think they will make it very well, and most likely mirror the PC version .. I mean the ps4 is already more powerful than my friends laptop (and he plays dayz at 20 fps :) ). So I think the ps4 can handle most that the PC does in terms of standalone , but maybe will need little tweaks like lowering the max distance for shadows and maximum amount of trees rendered in the distance (of course not too much to look barren from far off) . And as others have said you can definitely get a whole control scheme for dayz onto a game controller , you just have to be willing to break away from standard control schemes that we are all used to from console games (as there are like 3X the amount of key bindings in dayz than on an average console game) ..

All doable concepts , just never performed well by others , as said before some company's like the ones of payday , can't make a good transition to console but I think that's due to the original games release structure itself .. Payday had dlc and was finished (but yet not "finished"), to make more money like normal console games do , as far as I know dayz will not have any dlc, instead act like normal PC games (most likely there will just be free updates after 1.0 release) as the developers wanted a one time purchase system (as in buying it after release for $60 like normal games and Having all the content that the PC buyers got for purchasing early access ) so at least that aspect of the transition won't be messed around with seeing as this was what they originally said many times in the beginning if standalone sold enough copies that it would receive a port to console platforms but receive all the same content ... regardless of that my point is dayz developers are fervent to keep their view of the game unsoiled , and they will see to it that the game doesn't get watered down through the transition in any way !

• Like 1

Would love the ability to play with keyboard and mouse, or at the very least a special controller attachment...

go Oilers!

If its a good program, why not announce it?  I am very interested in doing exactly this so would greatly appreciate any help.

If its a good program, why not announce it?  I am very interested in doing exactly this so would greatly appreciate any help.

If you insist.

Xpadder is the program. This is all you need.

http://xpadder.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814842611263272/

http://artalogic.com/compendium/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/XpadderDayZ3.jpg

It will take awhile to get used to. If you are having any trouble with the program or copying the scheme please let me know.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, the PS4 could actually end up being the better version for most people in terms of performance. Anyone with a low end pc who struggles may look at the PS4 as a cheaper alternative to upgrading or buying a new pc to play DayZ. I mean, when it comes to full release on PS4, you can damn well guarantee that Sony will expect it to run at a consistent 30fps no matter where on the map you are or how many players are on the server.. They won't want the ridiculous FPS drops people currently get when heading into the big cities as they will not be able to turn around and utter the pc staple of "You need a better rig".. It will just have to run perfectly and consistently and to be honest, if they pull that off on the PS4 then we can all look forward to the PC version running a hell of a lot better too!  

any talk about the PS4 version and possible DLC policy in general?

Have a nice day everyone,

I've been somewhat M.I.A. as I was busy with college and frustrated over my crappy laptop not being able to run the game properly, but kept checking the updates every now and then when steam was updating the game.

I did get my brothers PS4 he wasn't using anymore so I was super hooked when I heard that DayZ will come to the PS4 as I love the game and would enjoy it even more with more than 10 fps.

Questions:

1. Is this true or just vague rumors still?
2. Will the release date be the same as on PC?
3. Will there be a beta (open or announced/ invited via forums?)
4. ...and most important: has there been any talk about potential DLC policy?
5. are there clans recruiting already for the PS4?

Regarding 3. : I personally don't mind spending money on purely cosmetic stuff and done it heaps of time to support games I love to play, but the DLC policy that is present in most modern games is a HUGE turn off for me to an extent, that I don't get the game in the first place when there is day 1 DLC content, as it always feels like I have to pay even more to get the full game (or content got removed from main game to get some extra money respectively)

Anyways, I'm super excited for the game to finally get released!

At the end of the day, the PS4 could actually end up being the better version for most people in terms of performance. Anyone with a low end pc who struggles may look at the PS4 as a cheaper alternative to upgrading or buying a new pc to play DayZ. I mean, when it comes to full release on PS4, you can damn well guarantee that Sony will expect it to run at a consistent 30fps no matter where on the map you are or how many players are on the server.. They won't want the ridiculous FPS drops people currently get when heading into the big cities as they will not be able to turn around and utter the pc staple of "You need a better rig".. It will just have to run perfectly and consistently and to be honest, if they pull that off on the PS4 then we can all look forward to the PC version running a hell of a lot better too!  

Well anybody that is struggling to run this right now are probably only having problems because it isn't optimized.  So when they do optimize it and even get it running well on the ps4 then those same people who were struggling on pc will most likely have there problems solved as well.

No. A thousand times no. 

A PC will not run a finished and optimized DayZ worse than a Playstation 4 will. DayZ will be like the rest of the console's "next gen" games: running at 30fps.

Also, as a PC player, I can barely type the words "next gen console" without laughing.

• Like 3