boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

That makes me think, I wonder if we could ever get mods for it like on Steam?

Of course they'd probably be paid DLC but so long as they were good I don't care.

I remember hearing something somewhere that they were going to make it mod friendly eventually. Id personally like to various drastically different ecosystems and environments with different niches(Desert,Tropical/jungle,Arctic, etc..). Which would give many placements from around the world in it with many different factors;From hazards,items, to the history of the land,etc...

Also on that note i wouldn't mind it either if it was good I would support paid dlc.

Edited by Scarcifer

I remember hearing something somewhere that they were going to make it mod friendly eventually. Id personally like to various drastically different ecosystems and environments with different niches(Desert,Tropical/jungle,Arctic, etc..). Which would give many placements from around the world in it with many different factors;From hazards,items, to the history of the land,etc...

Also on that note i wouldn't mind it either if it was good I would support paid dlc.

Yeah I heard that too but don't know if that includes the PS4 version.

I'd love to play something like that Jurassic Park ARMA III mod on DayZ it would add a really interesting new depth to gameplay.

I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind funding that kind of thing as paid DLC.

It'd be great not being able to lone wolf it so easily, else you be hunted down by a pack of raptors...

Plus it would keep the game fresh, people might stop laying for a few months and then a DLC like that comes out they'd surely come back.

• Like 1

Yeah I heard that too but don't know if that includes the PS4 version.

I'd love to play something like that Jurassic Park ARMA III mod on DayZ it would add a really interesting new depth to gameplay.

I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind funding that kind of thing as paid DLC.

It'd be great not being able to lone wolf it so easily, else you be hunted down by a pack of raptors...

Plus it would keep the game fresh, people might stop laying for a few months and then a DLC like that comes out they'd surely come back.

I've never played the mod, but that kinda of style seem's intriguing and something I'd enjoy to see.

...completely the opposite :lol:

Who wants to spend months, even years making a mod and get nothing in return?

With such ideas, the moding community would not exist.

With such ideas, the moding community would not exist.

It exists because they want to make them even though all they get is donations.

With being paid for it as DLC they have more incentive to make them and might get some better resources, it could only improve the modding community.

And how many people do you think will buy it (of course, IF Bohemia allows them to sell - no moder make can sell his/hers work for money)? You've probably missed the whole discussion about DLC policy on ArmA 3 forums. Payed "mods" wouldn't be mods anymore, just money grabbing content, with limited usability - since most likely will have to be allowed server side.

Edited by calin_banc

What about bringing the game to v1.0.0 first before working at the console version?

So the poeple know what they are buying, and all the attention stays at the PC version now.

After all DayZ was created on ArmA II, a PC game, so it is most popular at PC Gamers ;-)

Dont think I tried to be dicky with the v1.0.0 version because i love DayZ and every single update of them. But it is maybe something to consider?

#Rockstar, #GTAV

PS4's hardware is likely better than a lot of the people who complain about lag in cities. Because let's be honest, if you lag in cities there is definitely something wrong with your system (not enough RAM, insufficient graphics card, etc). That being said, I'd only play a game like this on PC. You simply cannot play a first person shooter on a console the way you do on a PC. Put a console player head to head with someone who's got keyboard and mouse and the PC player would smoke them every time.

i can already tell you that this is not true, I play DayZ and CS: GO (among others) with an Xbox 360 controller on my PC and i dominate on Counter Strike, and as far as DayZ goes i have no problems at all in a gun fight, if i die it's from an unseen sniper, or just out numbered, but 1 on 1 i come out on top a high percentage of the time.

And how many people do you think will buy it (of course, IF Bohemia allows them to sell - no moder make can sell his/hers work for money)? You've probably missed the whole discussion about DLC policy on ArmA 3 forums. Payed "mods" wouldn't be mods anymore, just money grabbing content, with limited usability - since most likely will have to be allowed server side.

i already own this for PC and have clocked over 500 hours so far and if this comes to Xbox One i'm buying it a second time for sure.

Well then they should educate themselves instead of acting like a higher intelligence while proving they're not.

I look forward to how I imagine the control system might work, select an item, press circle to drop or x to select square to craft.

Better than the PC version currently where you have to hover over it and wait for it to come up with your options, though I guess that will change it will probably always lag a little for some people.

Control wise my main hope is for custom controls.

And also what would be really cool is using the touchpad for things like bandaging, PC could have a QTE thing I guess but "press f" to bandage is fairly lame I assume things like that will take longer in the form of activities at some point, pressing one button to heal yourself kind of takes away from the whole survival thing.

there is no motion you can do on a trackpad that you can't do with a mouse or joystick by circling it, but that is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Time to play a game,

Can you with a controler think of a way to give it all the functionality of the Keyboard/mouse

i already play dayz with an xbox 360 controller and have every single function in the game mapped to it with ease, not to mention basic FPS/third person control setup.  Left stick moves, Right Stick looks around/click for crouching and hold to go prone, left trigger aims down sight/ready weapon or zoom with sniper (aka right mouse click)  Right trigger shoots (aka left mouse click) Y jumps, X is item 5 (aka my melee weapon) A opens door/uses item, B for push to talk, Left Bumper hold for leaning/rolling, Right Bumper hold for looking around/turning head, Dpad up for zero up. Dpad down for zero down, Dpad Left for item slot 1, hold for item slot 2, Dpad right item slot 3, hold for item slot 4, Holding Left Bumper and pusing Dpad directions also do emotes such as surrendering, sitting, pointing etc...

Now that probably sounds like alot to take in (or maybe not) but it's the same basic setup for a third person game and looses no functionality. 

Edited by kobeandodom

there is no motion you can do on a trackpad that you can't do with a mouse or joystick by circling it, but that is a terrible idea in my opinion.

Not really on the track pad you can use multiple fingers. But yeah could have button commands and directions with the mouse.

It needs to be more difficult than just press f to stop bleeding in seconds anyway, but this isn't the topic for that.

Well maybe they wouldn't be classed as mods any more but does it matter? It would get Bohemia money, it would get Sony money and would give people some more content to play.

If they do continually update the game adding games and whatnot it'll take forever for the console versions to get the updates so DLC would be great, they'd just need their own servers but PS+ and the money gained from DLC purchases would pay for that easily.

So long as it's not like futuristic weapons mods that you can take in to the base game and annihilate people with it'd be fine, especially that Jurassic Park one, if that could work on the SA's engine anyway pretty sure it's on ARMA III so might not.

What about bringing the game to v1.0.0 first before working at the console version?

So the poeple know what they are buying, and all the attention stays at the PC version now.

After all DayZ was created on ArmA II, a PC game, so it is most popular at PC Gamers ;-)

Dont think I tried to be dicky with the v1.0.0 version because i love DayZ and every single update of them. But it is maybe something to consider?

#Rockstar, #GTAV

Well, the PC version will no doubt be finished months before I'm sure it'll get plenty of attention on Steam a lot of people have decided not to buy it in it's alpha stages so there's plenty money to be had on PC still, I doubt they'd abandon it.

It's not often consoles get things before PC anyway :P

You're probably talking about Overhaul mods then and not small ones. Keep in mind that you need a stable and large enough player base in order to justify the server(s) and to actually be enough people online at any given time to play it.

Sure thing, it's your money and your choice to spend it on whatever enterprise you see fit. I for one, said "no" a long time ago to this cow milking business model.

Edited by calin_banc

You're probably talking about Overhaul mods then and not small ones. Keep in mind that you need a stable and large enough player base in order to justify the server(s) and to actually be enough people online at any given time to play it.

Sure thing, it's your money and your choice to spend it on whatever enterprise you see fit. I for one, said "no" a long time ago to this cow milking business model.

Well they could offer alpha versions of mods as demo's to see if people like the idea I guess. DayZ can get fairly boring I don't doubt DLC mods with cool content would be very popular, I doubt H1Z1 will have them so that's one thing DayZ could one up them with.

H1Z1 looks better, is free to play, looks more difficult and has building.

Does it have dinosaurs or survival islands? No.

Considering how unoriginal most AAA developers are it'd be good to let the modding community have a go at consoles and add some refreshing, fun content.

I think it's nothing but good. More money for creating content on the game, plus if it's cross-platform, us pc gamers will own the console players.

Thoughts?

will they be joint? I thought PC players play on PC and console play play console players. Can they joint.

People might be interested in mods while they're free, paying is a whole different thing, more so when the gameplay is basically the same. 

Not really I know everyone on PC loves to get everything for free but generally if something is cool, looks fun and is people will pay for it.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, people still play that and the gameplay is almost entirely the same only there are zombies people still bought it and it's still enjoyable so I'm not sure what your point is really.

Mods as DLC would be great because it would give fantastic modders opportunities to become the game developers of tomorrow, modders tend to make a game better than it was originally and some are clearly more talented than the original developers so I can't see how funding their brilliance could possibly be a bad thing.

will they be joint? I thought PC players play on PC and console play play console players. Can they joint.

Though that would be cool, I doubt it.

Wish there'd be some cross-platform games already X1 vs PS4 lobbies or even all 3 main platforms, competition would get so heated XD

I can't see how funding their brilliance could possibly be a bad thing.

It encourages bad business practice, plain and simple. You can always found their work by donating to their Pay Pal account whenever they make one available.

Edited by calin_banc

It encourages bad business practice, plain and simple. You can always found their work by donating to their Pay Pal account whenever they make one available.

How? If they're eventually going to be part of an actual business they'd be selling their product anyway they're not a charity.

If people want to pay to play something fun/interesting someone put a lot of work in to there's nothing wrong with that bad business practice would be including custom skins for a few extra dollars and shit like that.

• Like 1

How? If they're eventually going to be part of an actual business they'd be selling their product anyway they're not a charity.

If people want to pay to play something fun/interesting someone put a lot of work in to there's nothing wrong with that bad business practice would be including custom skins for a few extra dollars and shit like that.

Ok why is it bad business practice hmm well 1 who does quality control over said mods being sold as content for BIS game?? who the modder selling it, doesnt work because if its bad it reflects on BIS even though they didnt make it they allowed it to be sold as PAID CONTENT FOR THERE GAME.

2 when they decide to do updates of there base game who is responsible to make this custom content viable with the newest patch ??? modders,hmm what if they sold very few so are not willing to support it anymore, it will have to be updated again by BIS as they allowed it to be openly sold.

3 who is responsible for making sure all these mods are compatable with each other?? who the modders ,why do they give a fuck if there mod conflicts with some other modders work they didnt make that other work OH BIS would have to because again they are allowing it as paid content for there GAME.

I have about 6 other points but i am hoping your smart enough at this stage to get the idea of whats wrong with your idea( but i cant be sure, you couldnt see any problems with it in the first place)

THE ONLY WAY IT COULD WORK IS IF MODDERS SOLD THERE WORK TO BIS DIRECTLY then bis would take control of distribution and the lions share of profits but also all the responsibilities that as pointed out they would already have. Oh hang on hmm dayz was a mod they bought and made a paid game well bugger me BIS are smart enough to figure out this is the best way to do it if they want to stay a reputable business. Guess thats why they are game developers/publishers and your some guy wanting to play a game on PS4......

Edited by SoulFirez

Ok why is it bad business practice hmm well 1 who does quality control over said mods being sold as content for BIS game?? who the modder selling it, doesnt work because if its bad it reflects on BIS even though they didnt make it they allowed it to be sold as PAID CONTENT FOR THERE GAME.

2 when they decide to do updates of there base game who is responsible to make this custom content viable with the newest patch ??? modders,hmm what if they sold very few so are not willing to support it anymore, it will have to be updated again by BIS as they allowed it to be openly sold.

3 who is responsible for making sure all these mods are compatable with each other?? who the modders ,why do they give a fuck if there mod conflicts with some other modders work they didnt make that other work OH BIS would have to because again they are allowing it as paid content for there GAME.

I have about 6 other points but i am hoping your smart enough at this stage to get the idea of whats wrong with your idea( but i cant be sure, you couldnt see any problems with it in the first place)

THE ONLY WAY IT COULD WORK IS IF MODDERS SOLD THERE WORK TO BIS DIRECTLY then bis would take control of distribution and the lions share of profits but also all the responsibilities that as pointed out they would already have. Oh hang on hmm dayz was a mod they bought and made a paid game well bugger me BIS are smart enough to figure out this is the best way to do it if they want to stay a reputable business. Guess thats why they are game developers/publishers and your some guy wanting to play a game on PS4......

Well for starters I'm pretty sure they'd have to be under contract to consistently update it.

And mods would get tested before hand it's not like just anyone could make one and slap it on the game they'd have to be approved, unlike now where it's fairly anonymous and can be full of all sorts of shady shit.

Can't imagine why modders wouldn't make an effort if they were suddenly making thousands from what was pretty much a hobby to them...

Mods don't have to be compatible with each other if they're separate like obviously you couldn't have a Jurassic Park and a Planet of the Apes mod together that would be a mess.

You realize pretty much everything you said happens anyway right? Doesn't matter if it's modders or not everything has to be licensed, approved, tested and updated under a contract. The only difference between it and DLC is that DLC is typically just from the developers of the base game. If BIS are a reputable business I'm fairly sure they can handle all that they have the money to hire the manpower should they need it plus they'd have people over at PlayStation helping out.

Also, take a chill pill god damn, did I run over your dog or something...?

Well for starters I'm pretty sure they'd have to be under contract to consistently update it.

So they are employees(contractors) of BIS not modders then

And mods would get tested before hand it's not like just anyone could make one and slap it on the game they'd have to be approved, unlike now where it's fairly anonymous and can be full of all sorts of shady shit.

Who pays for BIS time to do this??Has the modder done business projection for potential sales, have they put the ideas to the BIS management to have it approved??

Can't imagine why modders wouldn't make an effort if they were suddenly making thousands from what was pretty much a hobby to them...

Who says they will make thousands?? i am sure some would what about those with quirky ideas that dont sell well at all( even tripple A games at times fall to low sales and companies go under) say they sell 400 copies at 2 bucks a pop so they made 800 bucks gross and BIS being BIS continue to patch there game  for years after release(arma 2 was getting patches 6 years after release)There not going to support it when it made them next to nothing and was not liked so BIS will have to support it as they allowed it to be sold as paid content for THERE GAME..

Mods don't have to be compatible with each other if they're separate like obviously you couldn't have a Jurassic Park and a Planet of the Apes mod together that would be a mess.

BUT dlc does!!! you are making it paid content it is no longer a mod which is use at your own risk not in any way liable to BIS.They would be seperate game modes but any physical assets would need to work in either game mode, just like when you buy a dlc any gun or creature for that will work with the rest of the game..

You realize pretty much everything you said happens anyway right? Doesn't matter if it's modders or not everything has to be licensed, approved, tested and updated under a contract. The only difference between it and DLC is that DLC is typically just from the developers of the base game. If BIS are a reputable business I'm fairly sure they can handle all that they have the money to hire the manpower should they need it plus they'd have people over at PlayStation helping out.

This comment is so retarded its not funny , yes everything i said is done already and yeah its called DLC because its paid content which is what you want to turn mods into but with control not directly in the hands of the game company that owns the game.. Example you might have the best recipe in the world for an additive for coke BUT COKE AINT GOING TO LET YOU SELL IT!!! they will if they believe it so great buy it from you and they will do the manufacture and distribution not some unknown uncontrolled agent who could tarnish or worse destroy there good name with lower standard business practices..

Also, take a chill pill god damn, did I run over your dog or something...?

In reply to people you have shown yourself to be  arrogant and ignorant( oh pc players just want things for free..... oh it wouldnt be bad business practice when you give no reasons why it wouldnt and then clearly demonstrate you have no idea how business works.) I have been a modder since 2004 i do it merely because i enjoy it and i have love for the game and NOT BEING PART OF THE COMPANY, as selling the mod would force you to be , i can produce what i like how i like it with no care required of anyone elses input. I have even had people donate to help me produce said mods ( not that i asked for it or needed it again it has always been a hobby a passion)

This is also the reason modders always seem more creative because they dont have to run there idea past a bean counter who if there hasnt been anything like it before so cant tell if there is money to be made in it will just say NO lets make COD 52 because the last 51 made money its tried tested true and we dont have to do much work either...

You do realize as far as supporting modders that BIS is probably the most  forward thinking company , they have run a major competition with large cash prizes and contracts to to work for BIS as rewards because like i say if they find a mod they think is worth selling the only way they or any other sane company would do it it is buy said mod to have control over it at every level.. Just like Dayz or Dota or Counter strike games that were mods first that could by there popularity prove they were finacially viable to become GAMES.

Edited by SoulFirez

-snip-

Again try reading, I never said that every mod ever by any random dude should be added as paid content, it would get tested, polls would be taken etc etc.

Every single mod that got put on a store would get thousands or millions because it's only on the store when thousands or millions of people wanted it to be there. As well as that it'd attract more attention to the game "holy shit you can make it an open world survival PVP game WITH DINOSAURS!" thus more people would be interested in buying the game, which is obviously the ultimate goal.

Not really DLC doesn't have to be involved with other parts of a game at all they have to function while the other mods are downloaded but they don't have to function together, no damage mods or anything.

If you pay for extra guns in BF or CoD for example, you don't get them in the campaign. Or again with CoD if you bought the Zombies mode, there are no zombies in regular multiplayer they're separate modes.

They don't have to mix with each other at all they'd be different games entirely as ARMA and DayZ. Mods are still DLC, modifications and downloadable content, mods are just a sub category of the same thing, most often created by fans.

It would not be a bad idea for people to hire modders at all, it'd basically be like how the FBI hires hackers to see if they can crack their systems or con-men to catch other con's, it's smart business to hire people that are better at a job than your current staff.

Excuse me for not putting up with ignorant PC gamers for the whole "master race" thing when they can be just as big assholes as any other gamer.

At what part did I say they "have" to sell the mods? If you want to offer mods for free still, do so.

I can guarantee you some modders would want to make money for it, why do you think most people who make things for "free" on the internet have a donate button on their website?

Just because you wouldn't want game world celebrity status doesn't mean other people wouldn't like to make something of themselves with the skills they have.

Fact is some modders are more skilled than the developers of the base game, they deserve recognition if they want it.

I'd rather someone who makes fantastic content for games be the head of a company than whoever is in charge of the decision making in Ubisoft...wouldn't you?

"But sir, parts of people's faces in cutscenes disappear and NPC's teleport in the background half the time!"

"SELL IT ANYWAY"

Anyway! On topic...

Is it legit that they don't expect DayZ to be finished until 2016? So depending on  when in 2016 that is...we could be waiting until 2017 for the PS4 version?

It's cool that they announced it but if it's going to take that long maybe they should have waited.

Kind of doubt it will take that long though the pace will probably pick up considerably once they're in beta.