griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I want to buy DayZ Standalone when it be released, but please put a option to pay with paysafecard...many people only buy things with paysafecard

Edited by fabiovtec

Doesnt matter it still should be considered as a mod, standalone or not.

And so on, it should not cost as much as a retail game.

Sooo.. You consider counter strike to be a mod too right?, what about team fortress. Dont understand why so many people are moaning about the price, which is not even definite yet. I would gladly pay retail price for dayz the game. And to the people that think rocket and friends are being greedy do you really expect this to be possible without income, or you expect them to work there asses off for free, while you moan at them on the forums everytime somethings not done how you want it.

Nice to see some warz footage, looks like the perfect game to fin out some of the retards currently on dayz.

• Like 3

Warz will blow for one reason in my mind. You can't run your own server. And when i mean you can't run your own server i mean you have to rent one from some company and have no control over some things you might want. With Dayz at least you can do that for now, if you feel like it. I wish i could pre-order the standalone dayz now so i can get it over with. If it goes on to long i will forget about it and then be like crap i should have pre-ordered it 3 weeks ago.

So, when will be opened pre-order? Rocket talked to release later this year. is not it?

I give a damn about new physiks features and so.

All i want are stable 25+ fps, which should be doable with my system (i7 2.2 x4, 8Gb, nVidia Gt540m)

instead of suffering from 14 fps. :(

So, will you be able to ptimize this "2.5" engine in a way that is like no major fail?

Edited by flx1

Guys seriously stfu with that whining about bucks/euros or whatever currency.

Dont blame the devs BECAUSE U BOUGHT ARMA 2 and ARMA CO JUST TO PLAY A MOD

you paid FOR ARMA 2 and ARMA CO to play the mod FOR FREE.

When the MOD BECOMES A STANDALONE (im not sure about this part but) U can play the MOD for arma as long as u want

AND THE PEOPLE WHO DO CARE PAY FOR THE STAND ALONE AND PLAY IT WITHOUT THE WHINERS :)

so please stop crying and next time u EVER CONSIDER TO BUY A GAME JUST TO PLAY A MOD THINK TWICE :)

have a good day and gimme your beans

Edited by VodKash
  • Like 5

To be honest, I give a rat´s ass about those 25 bucks, fuck em, it was worth the try.

And I wouldn´t bother paying another 25 for the standalone if it works fine.

Don´t worry, I understand what a mod is and what problems comes with whis format.

But maybe you could read my post again and point out where I was whining about the money I lost, or even put unrealistic expectations on the dev team?

All that worries me (on a very personal level) is that the standalone might at max just perform as good as arma 2 OE does on my PC.

That would be an K.O for the game in my case.

That´s why i asked if there´s more performance optimization, because I didn´t read anything about this topic anywhere.

Edited by flx1
  • Like 1

I have a question... if anyone can answer it for me or point me to Info directly from Rocket (or another of DayZ devs) it would be great.

Will be possibility to modify weapons in DayZ Standalone? (add attachments and change scopes)

I have a question... if anyone can answer it for me or point me to Info directly from Rocket (or another of DayZ devs) it would be great.

Will be possibility to modify weapons in DayZ Standalone? (add attachments and change scopes)

I think this could have a chance to be implemented in the final game as this will require coding from Arma 3 and Rocket said that some of his devs took part in coding the Arma 3 engine.

Well.... to be honest... i am going to lean back to DayZ... i probably will try both The WarZ and DayZ.

Right now i am more a The War Z fan but only because of better community and communication from devs.

but DayZ starting to have interesting features in future plan so i will keep checking for news ;) thanks for your answer

Well.... to be honest... i am going to lean back to DayZ... i probably will try both The WarZ and DayZ.

Right now i am more a The War Z fan but only because of better community and communication from devs.

but DayZ starting to have interesting features in future plan so i will keep checking for news ;) thanks for your answer

Sure, I don't mind some beans if you want to give some.

Edited by zenorc123
  • Like 1

From the reddit Q&A:

Q: Given that the Zeds quickly become fairly minor threats at present and are manageable even in large hordes are there any firm plans yet to make the zombies more lethal? Also, is there any plans for mechanics like weapon/gear degradation or breaking down/building up/customising weapons and gear from components?

A: You had me at weapon/gear degradation :) Yes, yes, and more yes. But don't expect these with the initial standalone, we need to get things working roughly as they are in a more polished state first.

Sounds like it will be in.

I don't understand the people complaining about communication... we've all been informed of exactly what is happening, and Rocket has done a million interviews.

• Like 2

I don't understand the people complaining about communication... we've all been informed of exactly what is happening, and Rocket has done a million interviews.

I agree but I think their idea of communication is that Rocket should post something here 24/7 about the progress of things and stuff. One thing I know about Rocket is he doesn't promise things and always speak of stuff as possibilities and not a hundred percent certainty.

lol he did promise not to release updates on a Friday but that didn't last.

That's why he tries to not promise as many things as possible. Nothing is sure as of now.

Well in result i can't decide which game will be my favorite... but i definitely will try both...

Hope Rocket will have enough luck to bring this game live as soon as possible...

I'm curious about this aspect of the full game

I don't and never will play minecraft Ive seen it on my sons PC often enough and don't like the look of it.

Im assuming we are not going for the 8 bit look :P

But what does it actually entail in the "Minecraft Model" ?

Anyone familiar enough with it to comment sensibly?

Here's hoping ...

A game that was free to being a $20 full functioning game. I played it for many years, and that's all I could see the whole Mincraft to DayZ comparison being. Or am I missing something here?

@Chimaera

This is the place to ask / discuss, better still Lôôk through the Forums if you are unable to use the SEARCH function.

I'm curious about this aspect of the full game

I don't and never will play minecraft Ive seen it on my sons PC often enough and don't like the look of it.

Im assuming we are not going for the 8 bit look :P

But what does it actually entail in the "Minecraft Model" ?

Anyone familiar enough with it to comment sensibly?

Here's hoping ...

That's referring to the pricing structure. If you buy it early (Alpha) it will be heavily discounted. You will only pay for it once. As development moves forward (Beta) the price will rise until the final version 1.0 is release at full retail price.

Edit - Boneboys Ninja'd me, it's a good point though.

Edited by Fraggle