griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

No they are not they are taking some elements of the new and old and sort of making the engine fit dayz or something along the lines of that. It wont be arma 2 or 3 but it will be 2.5

...and because he is working with the team/devs that created the engine/game I am pretty confident that the quality will be better than what already exists.

I'm not sure if i am little dissapointed yet that standalone won't be running under arma 3 engine. I guess we will see but I sure hoped it would be the very much improved arma 3 one.

Have you seen any Take On Helicopters videos yet? The game looks amazing, and the helicopter physics are out of this world.

I just finished watching game of thrones season 1. Adding children to dayz,....... I feel anything can go these days. During a zombie apocalypse, if a child is infected and coming at you, you know you'd shoot it without hesitation.

Kinda disappointed that is only 2.5 engine, arma 3 seem to have customization for gear (helmets, vests etc) which would awesome for dayz. Also Dx11 should be in every game because it supports hardware better and usually optimization is good. Underwater system could add some interesting gameplay if map is made for it, so you can search shipwrecks to get more beans or have safe house underwater cave. I hope they at least add character customization and way to get better stamina etc. when running for weeks (want to survive and its harder to get than gear)

• Like 2

In my point of view Take on Helicopters looks amazing... and the fact you need to Open the doors and than manually hit switches and start the engine to get your heli ready is amazing... i really hope that this feature will be in DayZ Standalone (at cars and helicopters).

It would be great...

And to be honest the more i am watching DayZ and WarZ competition... the more i am going back to be fan of DayZ.

• Like 1

It really looks amazing!

I`ve just imagined Seattle map (from first video) remade for Day Z (with all buildings accessible)! This would be more then amazing! O.O

• Like 2

Kinda disappointed that is only 2.5 engine, arma 3 seem to have customization for gear (helmets, vests etc) which would awesome for dayz. Also Dx11 should be in every game because it supports hardware better and usually optimization is good. Underwater system could add some interesting gameplay if map is made for it, so you can search shipwrecks to get more beans or have safe house underwater cave. I hope they at least add character customization and way to get better stamina etc. when running for weeks (want to survive and its harder to get than gear)

You know that they are doing that gear and weapon accessory thing for standalone, at least they have been talking that way.

As they have control over the engine they can change thigs way they want..

• Like 1

ppl will still suport the mode, and i believe rocket will leave the mod in hand of the players , i fell like the mod will be better when he do this, and the stand alone will have time to mature,and rework somethings

You know that they are doing that gear and weapon accessory thing for standalone, at least they have been talking that way.

As they have control over the engine they can change thigs way they want..

Yeah, people still can't seem to grasp that utilizing an "engine" is different than modding a game. I theorize, however, that the standalone will initially be the same as the mod, with the "Arma limitations" fixed (security, bugs, etc), then evolve over time. There's nothing stopping them from porting it over to the RV4 engine in the future too. That's a ways off though, I'm sure. Maybe a year's time or more.

In my point of view Take on Helicopters looks amazing... and the fact you need to Open the doors and than manually hit switches and start the engine to get your heli ready is amazing... i really hope that this feature will be in DayZ Standalone (at cars and helicopters).

It would be great...

And to be honest the more i am watching DayZ and WarZ competition... the more i am going back to be fan of DayZ.

There isn´t a competition between Dayz and warz, saying that it´s a competition is implying that Warz has a chance against Dayz, wich it doesn't have :)

Edited by zappyspocket
  • Like 2

@ColdKill

I would rather have an Arma 2.5 Engine than to have an Arma 3 Engine that some of the staff have little experience with. At least with an engine similar to the original one, their experience will really help out in the development.

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 1

Ever thought of a kickstarter project for this, we can all "pledge" money and get things in return for however much we give.

There isn´t a competition between Dayz and warz, saying that it´s a competition is implying that Warz has a chance against Dayz, wich it doesn't have :)

That's now quite true... War Z is not even out and have many many fans.... but in my opinion it will be more casual game and that is not good for this kind of genre... DayZ is very good game as it is and when they go standalone it will be even better (i hope alpha will happen at the end of september or beginning of october :)

• Like 3

One cool thing would be if you could choose to be a Child.

Easyer to get cover but cant carry as much as a male/female. cant carry all sorts of packs and so.

Well. looking forward to the release :)

This would only work if the child models couldn't fire anything bigger then a 9 MM all the people that Death match now would be dark skin toned children with AS 50's, pure ability to hide better and snipe you with my pretty.

This would only work if the child models couldn't fire anything bigger then a 9 MM all the people that Death match now would be dark skin toned children with AS 50's, pure ability to hide better and snipe you with my pretty.

5l8Sa.jpg

• Like 3

Will the updated chernarus map have more enter able buildings? That's one of the top things that i want from this game :D

Will the updated chernarus map have more enter able buildings? That's one of the top things that i want from this game :D

Yes, more enterable buildings, more detail and even entirely new areas.

• Like 1

And static buildings shouldbe visibly closed off.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather not have child zombies in the game. Sure, they would raise the "terror factor" something fierce(undead kids moaning and running after you trying to eat you? amagawd), but gunning down "people" is bad enough. Kids would just draw parallels to some horrors of war. Perhaps some consider that appropriate in a zombie survival. I'd just consider it unneccecery.

...and if that "children survival skin" thing was serious, please, just no.

Also, something people asking about better visuals should keep in mind: Performance issues. As I said before(somewhere), Arma 2 is demanding as it is, Arma 3 is a bit of a -monster-. Im pretty sure the developers of DayZ keeps this in mind, as I dont think they want their customers PCs to melt to a pile of goo.

All this being said, I would love to see the following thing in the standalone(which I will definetly buy even if I dont see any of these things)

- A well developed crafting system (Food recipies, gun augmentations, vehicles, make-shift explosives etc etc)

- Horses as mounts! (I belive Rocket said something about this) and more animals in general

- Coffee (Yes, you didnt misread.)

- More guns (I heard "Find at home" common weaponry would be implemented but more military weapons would be nice too. Diversity is good.)

- More traps (Perhaps part of the crafting system, but more traps that you could make or find would be really neat.)

- Connected maps (Eventually. I realize this wouldnt be Alpha material, but it would be really neat if, eventually, you'd have different map models connected if you would head to the edges of the Chernarus map.)

- More story material (I read something along the lines that there would be a few things about this, but the more background and story the player can dig up, the better)

- Diaries! Or notepads or something! (Would be really interesting if you could loot these from other players. Could be part of the story material if you got some from zombies)

- The ability to repair wrecks of vehicles (An idea of mine that would require you to have a -lot- of spare parts and a lot of work, much more so then fixing an "intact" vehicle. Would at least partially solve the clan-hoarding problem many servers are facing. If repair would not be an option, perhaps at least scavenge from vehicles? Oh and worthy of note: The few tank and BMP wreckages around would be an exception, as that would be a tad OP.)

- Secret scary stuff. (Like, ghosts at Green Mountain that will only not attack you if you have a mountain dew, and would be hard as hell to kill. Or rare wood-climbing zombies that would be insanely dangerous. Or perhaps scary female zombies inspired from the witches of left4dead.)

- Roaming zombie hordes (Spawn a few roaming zombie hordes of massive size. Main problem with this I suppose would be performance-related, but I think the cheer awesomeness-potential outweighs the downsides.)

- More types of food (Related to crafting and cooking. I dont want to diminish the saintly status of the can of baked beans, but a greater diversity in drinks and food would be interesting. Would be even more interesting if they had some different minor qualities. )

- Radios (Since the removal of the blue channel, which I miss but understand why it was removed, I think it might be a good idea to bring back a method of long-range communications that doesnt involve the direct communications-channel. As I've understood it, these items used to be in the game, so maybe the concept was already thought of. )

...that's all the brainstorming I could provide for now but I will probably add more later!

Edited by Tomeran
  • Like 2