griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I will not pay for the standalone version! As many of the dayz players, I payed for Arma2 just to play DayZ. If the devs don't continue to develop the mod at the same pace as the standalone after release, it will be a very bad move from their side. No matter how little it will cost, I will not pay for the same thing twice.

They should have kept dayz in closed alpha, and release it later, or tell us about the standalon sooner, so we would have had a choice.

Bad move devs!

I can only hope that WarZ will be everything that Dayz cannot be.

Are you serious? You did not pay one cent for DayZ mod, you payed for arma 2! When will people realise this? It does not matter that you only bought it for DayZ, it is still Arma 2 you have paid for.

I did also buy Arma 2 because of DayZ, but i am very aware of the fact that DayZ is a FREE mod that the devs do not get paid for.

So of course they should charge money for the stand-alone. Just be happy they are going for the minecraft model so you can get it cheap.

I will for sure buy the stand-alone. I am for one happy that i can contribute to the stand-alone with a little money. It is well deserved after such a great FREE mod. :)

• Like 1

I will not pay for the standalone version! As many of the dayz players, I payed for Arma2 just to play DayZ. If the devs don't continue to develop the mod at the same pace as the standalone after release, it will be a very bad move from their side. No matter how little it will cost, I will not pay for the same thing twice.

They should have kept dayz in closed alpha, and release it later, or tell us about the standalon sooner, so we would have had a choice.

Bad move devs!

I can only hope that WarZ will be everything that Dayz cannot be.

I'm pretty sure that after you play WarZ you'll come back to DayZ.

PLEASE dont make it rely on DRM software.. If it doesnt Im willing to pay up to £40!

War Z and Day Z maybe sound like they are kinda be the same but they are not, not even close... i'll stick to the original its worth far more then the anounced cheap price.

Hope there will be some kind of Gameplay Videos soon.

Can't wait to Survive in the real thing. :)

Edited by JadeQueen

All i would like to know is when are the tent and vehicle issues going to be addressed. Our camp has been ransacked more times then a high street hooker but we can't set up a new camp due to tents/items/vehicles not saving properly.

"Waah wah waaaah, I won't pay for the stand alone! wah waaah waaaaaaaah, my vagina hurts!"

That's what these bitches sound like.

• Like 4

Il pay for the standalone no problem, i bought Arma 2 and not Day Z, Arma is fun to play by itself anyway, worthe every cent !

Once they release the standalone, im excited to see what will happen when they open up the mod to other modders and the community, the amount of user created content and additions could be awesome !

• Like 2

I bought Arma 2 Combined Operations just to play DayZ. And later I bought Private Military Company and British Armed Forces. And I don't regret it. I've spend 150+ hours in the Game and am still having fun, still playing almost every Day.

And when it becomes available, I will buy the Standalone. And if there is an "Ultimate Hardcore Premium Extended XXL Collector's Edition" I will buy that one.

Because no game ever has been closer to be the "perfect" Game for me, than DayZ.

And I take this as an opportunity to thank Rocket for that. *thanks, mate*

• Like 5

Can i ask as it will be a standalone game would we see this leak onto consoles?

"...the standalone will have all the features that Day Z has now"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

why? it says, dayz will be developed, not downgraded... read the complete AMA, then complain and cry.

Standalone, so, I assume this makes it easier to develop? Do you get extra control of the engine or something?

You get full control of the engine and you don't have to worry about breaking Arma or other Arma mods.

You don't have to justify yourself, kindly ignore HC-fans like Jim Bean.

You're totally right, it's about time they say at least something

I don't even know what you mean when you call me a HC fan...

I'm simply a lover of games that appreciates what Rocket has done with the MOD. People need to chill out and be thankful that it's actually in the process of being developed into a full game and get off their nuts. I've read all of the statements that have been released and realise that they only have a small team to get the standalone finished on schedule. I don't understand why people think they deserve to be addressed on a daily fucking basis by the development team. You're playing a free mod that could very well have been experiencing similar problems had it just remained a mod forever.

Be thankful this is going somewhere, and somewhere fast. Playing DayZ full version before the end of the year?!?! Who the hell actually thought this would happen when we first started playing....

Yes. There are issues. Yes; it would be nice to be told when they will be sorted. Will I cry and moan like a little bitch because they're too busy to fix them at the moment? No. Grow up for fuck sake.

• Like 2

I don't even know what you mean when you call me a HC fan...

I'm simply a lover of games that appreciates what Rocket has done with the MOD. People need to chill out and be thankful that it's actually in the process of being developed into a full game and get off their nuts. I've read all of the statements that have been released and realise that they only have a small team to get the standalone finished on schedule. I don't understand why people think they deserve to be addressed on a daily fucking basis by the development team. You're playing a free mod that could very well have been experiencing similar problems had it just remained a mod forever.

Be thankful this is going somewhere, and somewhere fast. Playing DayZ full version before the end of the year?!?! Who the hell actually thought this would happen when we first started playing....

Yes. There are issues. Yes; it would be nice to be told when they will be sorted. Will I cry and moan like a little bitch because they're too busy to fix them at the moment? No. Grow up for fuck sake.

HC = hardcore, meaning, you are totally loyal to anything regardless of what it is and how it evolves concerning this mod (yeah, that's you, if you really mean the stuff you're writing)

And please, don't tell anyone to grow up because in my eyes, it's you who is being infantile and naive. They are trying to advertise their stand-alone game to us, it's in full production right now. It's probably true that Day Z was just an "experiment" at a certain state (that's actually Halls words) and I wouldn't be writing this if it still was, but we've reached the point of just being an experiment a long time ago. Now, it's about the benjamins - about MY benjamins.

I am a potential purchaser of the stand-alone game. If they don't show some progress, I'll probably lose my interest in this game and will, in worst case scenario, defect to such things as "The War Z".

I am not really demanding some heads up, just saying they'd be good in at least saying something instead of nothing.

Edited by EpeeNoire
  • Like 1

... They are trying to advertise their stand-alone game to us, it's in full production right now...

I would just like to point out that in this case 'in Full Production' means that Dean, Matt and Marek are working on the code.

I would also like them to post on the forums, but there is limited time available in a day, and no matter what they do people will complain.

• Like 3

I would also like them to post on the forums, but there is limited time available in a day, and no matter what they do people will complain.

Exactly this.

HC = hardcore, meaning, you are totally loyal to anything regardless of what it is and how it evolves concerning this mod (yeah, that's you, if you really mean the stuff you're writing)

And please, don't tell anyone to grow up because in my eyes, it's you who is being infantile and naive. They are trying to advertise their stand-alone game to us, it's in full production right now. It's probably true that Day Z was just an "experiment" at a certain state (that's actually Halls words) and I wouldn't be writing this if it still was, but we've reached the point of just being an experiment a long time ago. Now, it's about the benjamins - about MY benjamins.

I am a potential purchaser of the stand-alone game. If they don't show some progress, I'll probably lose my interest in this game and will, in worst case scenario, defect to such things as "The War Z".

I am not really demanding some heads up, just saying they'd be good in at least saying something instead of nothing.

If labelling me HC helps you justify the fact that you're a cry baby bitch then go for it. It's not being hardcore by being laid back when it comes to the development of the game/mod. What's the point in coming on the forums to complain and cry about something that has been mentioned hundreds of times and is without a doubt on the radar of the devs...? I play while you're on here shedding tears with your rustled jimmies.

The fact is you don't have to buy the game so it's got nothing to do with your upside down benjamins. If you have lost faith in the development team because they're not ringing you at night to explain what they've been doing with their days then please do go to War Z. The game will be better off.

There are too many complaints at the moment for them to open up about anything specific. If they came out and said "we're looking into x" they would be inundated with people saying " what about this", "what about that" or "what about my genital warts.."

I'll try the game before I buy it. If I'm not happy with the results then I will not purchase. If I am I will applaud the devs and be part of the ongoing experience. Maybe there's some sort of satisfaction that I'm not aware of that comes with constantly peppering the devs with the same questions?!

• Like 3

If labelling me HC helps you justify the fact that you're a cry baby bitch then go for it. It's not being hardcore by being laid back when it comes to the development of the game/mod. What's the point in coming on the forums to complain and cry about something that has been mentioned hundreds of times and is without a doubt on the radar of the devs...? I play while you're on here shedding tears with your rustled jimmies.

The fact is you don't have to buy the game so it's got nothing to do with your upside down benjamins. If you have lost faith in the development team because they're not ringing you at night to explain what they've been doing with their days then please do go to War Z. The game will be better off.

There are too many complaints at the moment for them to open up about anything specific. If they came out and said "we're looking into x" they would be inundated with people saying " what about this", "what about that" or "what about my genital warts.."

I'll try the game before I buy it. If I'm not happy with the results then I will not purchase. If I am I will applaud the devs and be part of the ongoing experience. Maybe there's some sort of satisfaction that I'm not aware of that comes with constantly peppering the devs with the same questions?!

I was (until now) mostly the way you are (except the fact that my jimmies stay unrustled, maybe) but mostly, just like you, being patient on a rational basis.

But this whole thing has reached a level at where I am starting to get a little upset, being all alone with no worthy information (all the gamescom interviews are basically the same).

It's been weeks since there has been a heads up. And this heads up brought us a broken patch that f*cked up more things than it fixed. Don't tell me, you're not pissed about this.

btw is it just me or are the forums being super slow the last few days/weeks?

Edited by EpeeNoire
  • Like 1

since standalone was announced the general atmosphere in dayz forums seems to have changed from Q.Q to $.$, if you know what i mean ;)

no i'am just joking. but its noticable that the development of the mod was really put in the back of the row. no updates since weeks, not even changelogs are announced, even though mr. rocket said that the development of the mod will continue regardless of the standalone project. some months ago there were updates every few days. but who didnt know after the standalone announcement that it is impossible to work on two projects at the same time?

Edited by CommanderBoiled