griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

@DeCelt

I think it's just because Rocket put so much emphasis on getting it out by December that we figured it would be done, I'm pretty sure that's why everyone (Including me) is so hung up on it being out soon. No he never said 'Hey it's coming out in December' but I remember reading that they were shooting for a Christmas or December release. And even if he was putting his heart into the game (Like I'm sure he is), he should still give the community something or anything to keep us in the loop. It's just throwing a lot of us into the dark.

Now now fellas, let's not forget the real reason we all want to see DayZ out this month. So we can watch it kick W**Z's ass. :]

Don't get me wrong I am just as hyped for this game as anyone else and I hate having to wait in the dark but there are people on here that don't seem to acknowledge the fact that making a video game is not an easy task to accomplish and just outright whine because they didn't get things the way they wanted.

Don't get me wrong I am just as hyped for this game as anyone else and I hate having to wait in the dark but there are people on here that don't seem to acknowledge the fact that making a video game is not an easy task to accomplish and just outright whine because they didn't get things the way they wanted.

Yeah I wouldn't mind waiting till January or something just so Rocket came out and was like 'hey guys we done goofed, it comes out later'. :)

And yes people do need to open there eyes to the challenges that creating a game poses.

Rocket needs to provide an update

Hes doing a shitty job tbh

Why say something and then go back on your word

Its pathetic

You can wear a dress to go along with the crying if you like. Bah the world isnt the way i want it waaah

Pathetic indeed.

There seems to be a horde of misinformed brick walls in this topic. Rocket NEVER said it will be done by December, NEVER. He did say that he hoped for a December release. This man has dedicate all year to making a game, he only returned home a week ago for the first time this year. He poured his heart and soul into the game to make it what it is. Without him and the dev team there wouldn't be a game at all. Be grateful, it will get you a long way

jesus

im talking about these updates he keeps promising

You can wear a dress to go along with the crying if you like. Bah the world isnt the way i want it waaah

Pathetic indeed.

keep twisting what im saying

dont you fuckers read?

dont you fuckers read?

Those kids have their heads in Rocket's ass and cant see dafuq is going on, usually there is same reaction to my posts.

Fanboys will defend him no matter what, even it's so clear that he is not handling it as he should.

Perfect example:

Acting like a self-entitled child isn't going to bring you your information any faster than being patient.

It's a no-win situation really. If Rocket were to post every day, people would complain about him spending more time posting and not working on the game. Now that he barely posts, people are complaining about not being "in the loop". Personally, if it were me and I saw the shit I was getting for spending time with my family over the holidays, I'd be even less inclined to communicate with you all.

Edited by k3lt

I guess the holidays have officially started, since the crowd that usually should be in bed by now are up late posting naughty words.

• Like 3

dont you fuckers read?

You're not very nice for being a nice fish...

I'm onto you...

I guess the holidays have officially started, since the crowd that usually should be in bed by now are up late posting naughty words.

It would seem to look that way.

Acting like a self-entitled child isn't going to bring you your information any faster than being patient.

It's a no-win situation really. If Rocket were to post every day, people would complain about him spending more time posting and not working on the game. Now that he barely posts, people are complaining about not being "in the loop". Personally, if it were me and I saw the shit I was getting for spending time with my family over the holidays, I'd be even less inclined to communicate with you all.

• Like 2

Those kids have their heads in Rocket's ass and cant see dafuq is going on, usually there is same reaction to my posts.

Fanboys will defend him no matter what, even it's so clear that he is not handling it as he should.

No disrespect, but shouldn't your location be 172.0.0.1? Also it's completely fine that you're upset, you have unrealistic expectations. It's clear to me that you're still quite new to the whole life thing so I'll let you in on a little secret. Go outside, be with family and friends. Your life doesn't revolve around DayZ, sure it's an excellent game, we're ALL looking forward to what it brings but it isn't worth getting upset over a delay.

Sure, we all expected a mind blowing announcement from Rocket, but it didn't happen, life goes on, earth's still spinning. People make mistakes. yada yada yada.

End of the story, there's a delay in the announcement, we don't know exactly when the game will be released, but I can almost guarantee it will be before February. If it's earlier then that, we'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 14

ROCKET You're an officer act like it!!!! Even if you're discharged you still are!!! Lead all this scum to victory, release when you have to, no rush and if you keep it on the hush hush ohhhhh wellll. Now to all this scumy scum on here CHILL THE FUKK OUT!!!!!! He is only human, He could out smart and kick your ass IRL so just stfu and puff a fatty and wait for glory.... Stay up Rocket can't wait to see you on the top!!!!! Drink some beer and enjoy they holidays MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend!!!!!!!! Keep that shit on the real!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I have what may be an interesting theory as to the delay of DayZ-standalone's release and/or information on the release.

To start with the tl;dr version: It's The WarZ's fault

The War Z is a "DayZ clone" (I'm using this more as nomenclature for the "type" of game rather than implying anything about the game itself as there are other places for that) that generated a lot of interest on it's release on Steam. This interest quickly turned into distaste as players were given what's largely to be considered an "unfinished" or more accurately "unready" game. The developer used the excuse that it was intended to grow and continue growing from the "foundation build" (a term taken from what would have been the initial build of DayZ). Now, how does this pertain to DayZ? It has "poisoned the well" if you will. Now, if and when DayZ is released the game will be looked at with an even more critical scope than which might have been used if The WarZ was never released or at the very least didn't bomb as miserably as it did. This in turn puts more pressure on Rocket to make sure the game is even more polished and that his version of a "foundation build" is in no way comparable to that of WarZ's. Of course that extra polish and content means that Rocket has to take even more time to work on the game. This coupled with the holidays and the self-imposed deadline he gave himself means that the last few weeks have been "crunch time" for DayZ's dev-team. So now he has to make the decision as whether to keep up with his initial promise and release the game within December (possible to the revulsion of the gaming community), delay the game until the heat from The War Z's miserable failure dies down, or set some date in the near future. My feeling is that he's going with the second option, which means he can't just announce that he's waiting for the shit-storm that rose from The War Z to die down (as there would undoubtedly be controversy) nor is he willing to lie to the community that has backed him. So he chooses silence. Of course, this is all just a theory.

• Like 6

I think it's about time we had a little moderation in this thread now. These little kids have had enough of the run of the place, it's time for them to have their arses smacked and sent to bed early imo.

• Like 8

we all care. there's just nothing that one can do except be patient.

that's fine, it's just there's a lot of people throwing insults around, and framing their argument around 'maturity', when we're all in the same boat of just wanting information

and we've still received no real confirmation that it is or isn't coming out this year (aka this week). just tell us "yes" or "no" so we can enjoy the holidays

If whether or not you receive information about this game is affecting your enjoyment of the holidays, you're a bit too invested.

Edited by Dekartz
  • Like 6

that's fine, it's just there's a lot of people throwing insults around, and framing their argument around 'maturity', when we're all in the same boat of just wanting information

and we've still received no real confirmation that it is or isn't coming out this year (aka this week). just tell us "yes" or "no" so we can enjoy the holidays

Nobody knows so I'm afraid your Xmas is ruined.

• Like 2

If whether or not you receive information about this game is affecting your enjoyment of the holidays, you're a bit too invested.

it's not like I arbitrarily picked this time to be invested in the idea of the game being released

• Like 1

Nobody knows so I'm afraid your Xmas is ruined.

how insensitive. maybe I celebrate kwanzaa :trollface:

edit: again, it seems the best people can do this holiday season is calling each other: kids, immature, impatient, too invested, cry babies, entitled, etc

Edited by daze23

Well in the meantime i'll be playing WarZ, no wait that game blows. Take your time Rocket and crew with the SA, don't know why the "other guys" rushed a piece crap like ^ out so fast and claim it's a work in progress. You can fancy up a terd by adding bread,pickles,mayo,tomatoe's and onions but in the end it's still a shit sandwhich.

Closing thread. You can continue discussion here

You can continue SA discussion with the next SA announcement. In the mean-time, start making bets with your mates on what's going to happen.

Current odds are:

December release: $2.45

January release: $1.60

Later release: $4.20

Announcement next week: $1.20

Announcement in January: $3.10

• Like 18

updated OP with price and sys requirements

• Like 4