griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Finally some news! I like the idea of child infected. While I don't take pleasure in shooting children, I would like them to take full advantage of the fact they are aiming to be a zombie simulator.

I must acknowledge that they didn't mention anything regarding graphics. Are they revamping Cherno for the sake of refreshing it, or are they literally bringing Cherno up to arma3 standards in terms of shadows, textures, quality, etc.?

Are they revamping Cherno for the sake of refreshing it, or are they literally bringing Cherno up to arma3 standards in terms of shadows, textures, quality, etc.?

"Chernarus has been revamped, with bug-fixing and a great deal more buildings have been made enter-able with a very high standard of work involved."

I really hope they release the standalone by end of November!! :)

"Chernarus has been revamped, with bug-fixing and a great deal more buildings have been made enter-able with a very high standard of work involved."

bug-fixing and moreennerable buildings doesn't answer my question as to whether the graphics are being updated

I dont think graphics are updated, its the same old engine (almost)... not the same that arma 3 has. Graphics are ok with little tweaks, personally I dont play this game for eye candy and I dont need it, there is bf3 for that.

I really hope they release the standalone by end of November!! :)

Some how I dont see that happening, I think it will be pushing it to get out before end of the year.

Ofc it would be great, but I would like to see whole "new" game when I load it up, with ragdolls better lighting and stuff. So it woudnt be like starting the mod.

What comes to childrenzeds, would be nice. There is already games that feature children? I cant remember the game but have I seen pictures of something like that, silent hill.. fear? So nothing that hasnt been done before, so could be possible.

Edited by Zeppa

You make it sound like expecting some eye candy is wrong. I'm sorry I like feeling immersed in a survival simulator? In a game that prides itself on immersion atmosphere, believe it or not, visuals are a big thing.

Not saying they have to be amazing, but I'm not gonna lie and say 'it's great the way it is' when we've seen what arma 3 can do. I'm not complaining, purely just proving a point. PS: I hate battlefield

• Like 1

I just think it already looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing improvements, but I'd rather see improvements to game mechanics, stability and security first. I won't be disappointed in the slightest if the graphics aren't better.

Edited by RooBurger

I just think it already looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing improvements, but I'd rather see improvements to game mechanics, stability and security first. I won't be disappointed in the slightest if the graphics aren't better.

Absolutely, I agree, however from my understanding things such as graphics, animations, models, etc. are made in a different group of people, from those who are doing things such as coding, balancing, game features etc.

But all that is pointless to my original question, and I was asking it purely to gain other people's interests so it can be confirmed.

I can't see the over zealously politically correct UK government accepting the shooting of children in a game, every headlining psycho killer in the news would blame dayz for diminishing their responsibilty, confirming that video games are indeed the root of all evil.

But for me it would be a winner. I hate the little bastards.

"We are now commencing work on the redevelopment of the infected people (zombie) models themselves."

Good news. Did read there will be ragdolls too. That is allmost mandatory to make zombie killing fun (what its not at the moment).

See them fall of the buildings and stairs makes it more rewarding instantly. Realistic character movement

is mandatory for melee combat aswell. Now they just zap next to you and start doing their silly attack animation.

Allso burning, realistic bullet wounds, dismemberment etc would be awesome, but dont know if its possible with arma engine.

This is awesome! can´t wait actually, i´ve felt this way before when i was waiting for BF3 and D3 but in the end i got dissapointed because they were "Dumbed" down just because they wanted to milk everyone on money, but with this mod being released as a stand alone and in the same release way that minecraft was released i am 100% sure that i will be just as awesome as the mod atleast, since it´s not a big "Game company" that is only after our money and not our experience with the game and that these guys also listen to their community is going to be all the difference in this release, my point in this is that Dayz is going to be bigger then BF3 and MW3 together with a more active and mature player base. :)

for the love of all that is holy ( :beans:) dont put children in a FPS/Shooter ........the Daily Mail an Keith Vaz will be incandescant.

Not sure Xbox will buy in to it either. :o

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/911619-bohemia-hints-at-dayz-on-xbox-live-arcade

keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline

Edited by tigershuffle

bug-fixing and moreennerable buildings doesn't answer my question as to whether the graphics are being updated

They are updating it with the new engine so it will have the new graphics as the Arma 3 engine will provide :)

They are updating it with the new engine so it will have the new graphics as the Arma 3 engine will provide :)

The aren't using the Arma 3 engine though. They are using a branch of the Take on Helicopters engine, which itself is a branch of the Operation Arrowhead engine.

Edited by Max Planck

"according to Bohemia Interactive producer Jan Kunt."

:huh: I didn't just read that, did I ?

"We've always wanted to make games for consoles as well,’ added Kunt."

:huh: :o

I'm suffering from a case sophomoric onomatological humor.

• Like 4

Seeing as how this will be using an arma engine i doubt my questions is a good one but...

Will there be any compatibility for Mac? I have a windows partition on my mac (mainly for DayZ) so this is mainly a question of convenience but I would really like some mac compatibility (eventually) and it would also add a whole new community to your game. Mac "gamers" JUMP all over decent games that run on Mac and DayZ would be a feeding frenzy. Just food for thought while you are still in development.

P.S: Don't rage and troll about Macs, they work just fine except for being unable to run .exe files on their own.

I'm not sure if i am little dissapointed yet that standalone won't be running under arma 3 engine. I guess we will see but I sure hoped it would be the very much improved arma 3 one.

• Like 3

No they are not they are taking some elements of the new and old and sort of making the engine fit dayz or something along the lines of that. It wont be arma 2 or 3 but it will be 2.5