griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I'm sure the game will go around 15-20$ I wish they would sell the game for 50-60$. You might be asking yourself why the hell would you want to spend money.

The reason is because if the game does go for that price 50/60 it will keep alot of hackers away. I know theres hackers that have been caught/banned and just sepdn 30$ and re-buy the game (If that works) but they would think about it twice hacking and risking getting banned and spending 50/60$

I would buy this game at that price. I support #DayZ :D

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.
  • Running on "Arma 2.5" engine. Will include rag-doll physics, an updated Chernarus map, and new weather system.

What does Rag Doll physics mean exactly? Also is there any chance DayZ might be available for MAC one day and will the game be able to run better than the normal mod?

Edited by Skat3rat

I'm sure the game will go around 15-20$ I wish they would sell the game for 50-60$. You might be asking yourself why the hell would you want to spend money.

The reason is because if the game does go for that price 50/60 it will keep alot of hackers away. I know theres hackers that have been caught/banned and just sepdn 30$ and re-buy the game (If that works) but they would think about it twice hacking and risking getting banned and spending 50/60$

I would buy this game at that price. I support #DayZ :D

Yeah, lets raise up all the multiplayer games up to $60 so the hackers wont bother. Seems legit.

Seriously, are people that dumb?

Updated Chernarus? You mean it's going to be, pretty much, the same exactly map we've already been playing on? That's pretty stupid. I say you just make a whole brand new map.

What does Rag Doll physics mean exactly? Also is there any chance DayZ might be available for MAC one day and will the game be able to run better than the normal mod?

It's means that zombies and players won't have scripted death animations, it's all random depending on the physics. Kind of like Left 4 Dead.

It's means that zombies and players won't have scripted death animations, it's all random depending on the physics. Kind of like Left 4 Dead.

Ok thanks. And as regards to your post about Chernarus, what it means by updated is, almost all the buildings are enter-able, some changes to the map, a bigger map, and some other things.

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

So, a laggy computer sandbox game (That is addictive) will cost more than an overpriced, overhyped CoD midnight release game?

Yeah.

Nobody will buy it at that price.

Your concern was that the stand alone might be terrible because they'll create it just to cash in on the popularity of the mod. To me that doesn't make any sense, because if it's unplayable it'll be a complete failure. It's in their best interest to make it work better than the mod. If you're uncertain, just wait a couple of weeks before you buy it.

Well you only got part of that right. The stand alone I'm sure will be good eventually so I'm not worried about that at all. What I'm worried about is if they are going to release dayz standalone as a game, or as an arma 3 engine test. I'm sure to an extent it will be both, but I'm really really hoping it will be more a game. And you are correct, if the game is unplayable it will be a failure, and I'm sure nobody wants that. I actually have arma 2 in my steam shopping cart but I think I'm going to just wait for the standalone as all these reports of false bans has me a little concerned. With the minecraft model, why not right?

Well you only got part of that right. The stand alone I'm sure will be good eventually so I'm not worried about that at all. What I'm worried about is if they are going to release dayz standalone as a game, or as an arma 3 engine test. I'm sure to an extent it will be both, but I'm really really hoping it will be more a game. And you are correct, if the game is unplayable it will be a failure, and I'm sure nobody wants that. I actually have arma 2 in my steam shopping cart but I think I'm going to just wait for the standalone as all these reports of false bans has me a little concerned. With the minecraft model, why not right?

These bans don't really seem to be false, from what I've heard it's usually just hackers trying to cause an uproar for a reason to be unbanned (i.e. a lot of bitching about scripted guns, when the only people to get banned are the ones that scripted them). You're probably going to be waiting a while, this game really doesn't seem like it's going standalone any time soon. I bought Arma II in July and I've only seen very minimal updates (which IMHO is really sad), so I wouldn't expect anything to happen quicker when the game goes solo.

To anyone else reading this, don't bother quoting me saying "ERMERGERD ALPHER VERSION" because I don't really give a damn. The development has been depressingly slow, and everyone knows it.

Release a an unplayable game which will fail just so they can use it as a test for another game which will sell far fewer copies? Really?

this game really doesn't seem like it's going standalone any time soon. I bought Arma II in July and I've only seen very minimal updates (which IMHO is really sad), so I wouldn't expect anything to happen quicker when the game goes solo.

To anyone else reading this, don't bother quoting me saying "ERMERGERD ALPHER VERSION" because I don't really give a damn. The development has been depressingly slow, and everyone knows it.

Depressingly slow? Compared to what? A couple of guys make a free mod about 4 months ago and you find it depressing that a stand alone hasn't been released yet?

• Like 5

Release a an unplayable game which will fail just so they can use it as a test for another game which will sell far fewer copies? Really?

Ahh but that's the beauty of it. The game probably can't fail. Sure if it's bug ridden, it'll put some people off at first. But eventually when all the bugs are worked out, it'll be an excellent game. My point is, I'm hoping dayz start out as a good game with some minor inconvenient bugs rather than a giant Real Virtuality 4 engine beta test that's crippled and no fun to play. I mean, there's no stopping the devs from releasing the game full of bugs and relying on players to beta test for them. I'm just saying I hope they choose to fix the more criptacular ones first.

I think it's likely that a lot of the current bugs and security problems will be fixed/improved, but I'd expect some more problems as they introduce new features. That's why it'll be cheaper the earlier you buy it. You still have the choice to wait until it's more polished.

I tink the price of the game its better be 10-15€ like minecraft because nobody gives 59€ for a game and that story about hackers is easy create protection against them like CSS does.

Please allow for legit fortifications to be made in the Standalone. It would be cool to build a base in a server and have clan battles, or at least have a safe place to store your stuff.

This is great news, cant wait to see how it turns out, it might be a small thing as the mod obviously there are no set objectives.... but id like to see the retail version have a intro/opening, something small, but would be great

Please allow for legit fortifications to be made in the Standalone. It would be cool to build a base in a server and have clan battles, or at least have a safe place to store your stuff.

No, it wouldn´t be cool. NO safe places!

This is a survival game in a setting of a zombie-apocalypse. It is no clan-pvp wargame! Building up bases by clans and wars between them would completely destroy the great atmosphere of this game. This would only make sense if these bases could get overran by hundreds (or dozens) of zombies - but this would mean a complete redesign of the game mechanics (and you would need another engine). This game should give very minor possibilities to build up camps and bases. Because tiny camps do not pay attention to the zombies. Creating a camp with some tents is enough to have some storage for items and weapons etc.

Edited by Amano
  • Like 1

Actually Rocket mentioned that if there will be some kind of fortifications it will be only under surface and instanced.

Based on these fortifications and their upgrades you will be able to spawn there or storage your stuff.

Which makes sense... no-one will create a base which can be seen from far away and rubbed when owner is not online.

Also it would be easier to design it since you dont have to design looks of these bases but only their entrance.

If it's the same engine with tweaks, then how can you assume that it's like in arma 3?

Its new version of the arma 2 engine... they have full control to it now and can do what ever they want.

So they can adjust everything, I dont mind the dark night... Only the lighting is fucked up other wise, when you look certain direction you get almost blind and other way its bright as hell, dynamics sucks bad.. specially at dusk.

Try Rag Doll physics on youtube.

ARMA 2.5 engine? Sigh... So nights will still be pitch black? =/ So disappointed. I guess I gotta still choose servers with day on em.

flares, flashlights, nvgs, game brightnes hdr....

People say the game should be 60€ so that hackers are less likely to buy it. Well how about we make it...100€!! Oh my god I'm so smart! This way it's expensive for hackers!! No no no, even better, we make it 100€ on Alpha, 150€ on Beta and 200€ on full release! My god, I'm a genius. No more hackers!

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 1

Depressingly slow? Compared to what? A couple of guys make a free mod about 4 months ago and you find it depressing that a stand alone hasn't been released yet?

Not saying I'm rushing them in any way to release the standalone, it's just that content release or updating has been extremely slow. They recently updated artifacts which was nice, but besides that, what has been a memorable update since July..?