griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Details on the engine will be announced in the coming days/weeks.

Still waiting to see if you're getting off this shit ARMA engine.

The OP is from August 8th...

It has been conformed that the Engine will be the Real Virtuality Engine used by all ArmA Games.

But it will neither be the same as ArmA 2 (RV3), nor ArmA 3 (RV4).

It will be like "ArmA 2.5", which means Real Virtuality 3 with improvements, Updates, Changes.

i.e. Ragdoll, Graphic Updates, Physics, AI, . . .

The Engine will be adapted to fit DayZ as much as possible.

It will be Real Virtuality 3, because the Engine has been tested and stabilized for Years, unlike RV4, that is still in development.

(I'm just repeating what Rocket has said and what has been written in tens of articles and interviews.)

Which means the net code wont be fixed?

Im sure the standlalone will have many fixes in it.

We will also get high quality textures for character modela im guessing, and hoping for, similar to what BAF & PMC gives people who bought them.

Hope there is gonna be something like a Limited Edition :)

. Alimited edition pack could have a starter weapon and canteen and food for a few respawns

Which means the net code wont be fixed?

They will fix + improve + adapt everything.

They have complete freedom to change the Engine to fit their needs.

The OP is from August 8th...

It has been conformed that the Engine will be the Real Virtuality Engine used by all ArmA Games.

But it will neither be the same as ArmA 2 (RV3), nor ArmA 3 (RV4).

It will be like "ArmA 2.5", which means Real Virtuality 3 with improvements, Updates, Changes.

i.e. Ragdoll, Graphic Updates, Physics, AI, . . .

The Engine will be adapted to fit DayZ as much as possible.

It will be Real Virtuality 3, because the Engine has been tested and stabilized for Years, unlike RV4, that is still in development.

(I'm just repeating what Rocket has said and what has been written in tens of articles and interviews.)

So its still on RV engine, it'll fail just like this mod then. RV engine is fucking terrible.

Viva la warZ

Edited by Ejaculacid

So its still on RV engine, it'll fail just like this mod then. RV engine is fucking terrible.

Viva la warZ

Have u played it yet?

What's that. No..then shut up.

You don't know what they did with the new engine. So throwing around hearsay is bull. From the vids of arma3 on thier website I've seen it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe the rv engine isn't battlefield 3s engine which ur used to playing but arma 2 isnt battlefield. It is a battlefield!

• Like 2

Have u played it yet?

What's that. No..then shut up.

You don't know what they did with the new engine. So throwing around hearsay is bull. From the vids of arma3 on thier website I've seen it looks pretty bad ass. Maybe the rv engine isn't battlefield 3s engine which ur used to playing but arma 2 isnt battlefield. It is a battlefield!

The engine as a whole is dog and has been since fpoint but who cares? Players are quitting DayZ left right and center each time.

Its kool brah, bad decision from aVgdev

So after seeing WarZ's gameplay from PAX I think it's safe to say it's just DayZ+Cod. I may give it a whirl but my money is on the standalone. Patience people...if this thing goes from a mod to a standalone game inside of a year that's groundbreaking in and of itself. You should be proud to be on the cusp of the next wave of hardcore gaming.

• Like 1

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

Would it be a bad idea to ask if there is any speculation on the price of DayZ standalone? The only thing that strikes me as odd i that i swear i read the creator saying he made it for non profit. Guess he saw the dollar signs? XD

Well the mod was never made for profit, if anything it cost the team money :) and you need money to fund development as well.

Well the mod was never made for profit, if anything it cost the team money :) and you need money to fund development as well.

Good point there :)

Thia may not be wholly accurate but I feel that tje spurce was solid.

DayZ standalone Alpha to be released in November Minecraft style for 6 dollars.

PRAYYYYYYYYYY

• Like 1

The engine as a whole is dog and has been since fpoint but who cares? Players are quitting DayZ left right and center each time.

Its kool brah, bad decision from aVgdev

Arma engine is amazing. I couldn't imagine DayZ without the super-realistic huge landscapes, realistic day / night circles, weather and all that stuff... Sometimes it looks like real life. I don't see any engine that comes close in terms of realism and thats what made DayZ huge. Its only bugged because the engine is obviously not adapted to these zombies, but think about zombies and glitches being fixed. I couldn't imagine an engine that would fit better.

• Like 3

It as been said that the price for the mode in alpha would be around 14$ and at the end, when they release the real game it would not be over 30$

Edited by axioqt

$15 is like twice more than minecraft did cost in pre-alpha, and look how did they end up.

Dont be greedy devs, and it will pay back.

Edited by k3lt

Doesnt matter it still should be considered as a mod, standalone or not.

And so on, it should not cost as much as a retail game.

Edited by k3lt

Uh... the standalone should not be considered a mod. It will be a total rebirth of DayZ that is ONLY DayZ, with no loose ends or superfluous extraneous or irrelevant code.

Uh... the standalone should not be considered a mod. It will be a total rebirth of DayZ that is ONLY DayZ, with no loose ends or superfluous extraneous or irrelevant code.

Not really it will be basically the same "game" with same engine.

Obviously there will be more features since it will be focused on development, but that doesnt mean anything.

Edited by k3lt

Modified engine, built ground up specifically for DayZ. If you follow dwvwlopment morw cloaely you will see that therw is alot more going on than just modding the mod

Modified, but generally still the same one.

Edited by k3lt