griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I was (until now) mostly the way you are (expect the fact that my jimmies stay unrustled, maybe) but mostly, just like you, being patient on a rational basis.

But this whole thing has reached a level at where I am starting to get a little upset, being all alone with no worthy information (all the gamescom interviews are basically the same).

It's been weeks since there has been a heads up. And this heads up brought us a broken patch that f*cked up more things than it fixed. Don't tell me, you're not pissed about this.

btw is it just me or are the forums being super slow the last few days/weeks?

I won't lie; I've cursed 1.7.2.5 as much as anybody else when I'm in game. Part of me even suspects that this was all part of the grand scheme considering how Rocket created this mod to evoke feelings such as frustration.

I'm just trying to remain optimistic and rational. I've never programmed a game before so I can only imagine how busy the small team of developers that are currently working on the game are. If another game developer was to pop up and say "Hi ho motherfucking jigglytits, what in the blazes is afoot..." and then proceed to explain a reasonable timescale that such a mod/game would usually require, so that we can clearly see the scale of the failure of the DayZ team...then, and only then, will I hop on their nuts and demand that my tent saves my god damned items.

I'm just tired of reading the same thing everyday. People demanding left, right and centre. It's tedious. Before we know it we'll all be playing DayZ The Game and all this crap will be forgotten.

Why can't we all just be supportive, patient and give 2 pounds a month to help the children in Africa...

• Like 2

I don't even know what you mean when you call me a HC fan...

I'm simply a lover of games that appreciates what Rocket has done with the MOD. People need to chill out and be thankful that it's actually in the process of being developed into a full game and get off their nuts. I've read all of the statements that have been released and realise that they only have a small team to get the standalone finished on schedule. I don't understand why people think they deserve to be addressed on a daily fucking basis by the development team. You're playing a free mod that could very well have been experiencing similar problems had it just remained a mod forever.

Be thankful this is going somewhere, and somewhere fast. Playing DayZ full version before the end of the year?!?! Who the hell actually thought this would happen when we first started playing....

Yes. There are issues. Yes; it would be nice to be told when they will be sorted. Will I cry and moan like a little bitch because they're too busy to fix them at the moment? No. Grow up for fuck sake.

Are you serious dude? You think they are actually doing everyone a favor?

We are potential costumers, and they are developing a product.

We're not getting payed to test it, but here we are, testing and at the same time having some fun, but everyone is doing their part.

Stop carrying this flag and think for a second, they'll probably get A LOT of money when this gets released, tell me about "being thankful" when you see rocket riding his ferrari with a trunk full of beans.

I'm very anxious about the standalone just like you and everyone else, and since i'm willing to put money on this, OBVIOUSLY i need some information and feedback when possible, so don't blame people for that.

In the meanwhile, waiting for the next update! B)

I was (until now) mostly the way you are (expect the fact that my jimmies stay unrustled, maybe) but mostly, just like you, being patient on a rational basis.

But this whole thing has reached a level at where I am starting to get a little upset, being all alone with no worthy information (all the gamescom interviews are basically the same).

It's been weeks since there has been a heads up. And this heads up brought us a broken patch that f*cked up more things than it fixed. Don't tell me, you're not pissed about this.

btw is it just me or are the forums being super slow the last few days/weeks?

1 day ago rocket tweeted:

Dogs, dogs... been refining them and their behaviour based on feedback from GamesCom, not easy!

4 days ago:

I'm spending time at the moment really focusing on how Dayz should look, has added time to 1.7.3 release.

So chill the fuck out, Im not pissed about anything I understand rocket is working extremely hard to get the standalone off the ground. And there was tons of information from gamescom about the standalone and the future of dayz. Hes listening to what features people want in the standalone which is more than any other gaming company would do. And stop threatening to go to The War Z cos nobody cares. And I played dayz all day yesterday and for an alpha mod I had a great day No de syncs, good fps.

btw the forums are probably being super slow because of all the people like you bitching about the same problems over and over again

• Like 4

^ Nice to see somebody like minded. This is a fucking Alpha mod that has achieved way beyond what the targets Rocket hoped for. The numbers speak for themselves. Yes, there are issues but does it stop hundreds of thousands of people logging on every night and day? Nope. Why? Because it's still a fucking good game with the faults. I'm sure people think Rocket must be sat fingering his japs eye watching money roll into his bank account. He's probably made fuck all up to this point which is why he's concentrating solely on getting what the community wants into the standalone.

tell me about "being thankful" when you see rocket riding his ferrari

Oh, how selfish of me to be thankful of him and not you. Please guide me to the mod you created, I'll be sure to check that out for you...

I'm not saying people can't have their opinions, I'm just saying how pathetic I find it to be that people actually log in to repeat themselves everyday. You are potential customers, yes. But you are currently playing a free game (don't give me the shit about paying for Arma, they didn't make you) and you should be thankful that it's going to end up as a full game. Rocket has mentioned that the team is about 3/4developers, please let me know how fast you and 3 of your mates can develop a game whilst keeping the mod looking pristine.

As I've said. If you aren't happy, leave. They have over a million people waiting for the game. I can pretty much guarantee you won't be missed.

Edited by Jim Bean
  • Like 2

I totally agree with you, Jim Bean.

After all, what could Rocket say more to us than "I'm working on it" ?

Should he post every line of code he writes?

Nah, I don't think so. And would you like it better to get the mod updated more often but at the expense of the standalone?

The mod is stable. Play it and if it gets updated, enjoy the new features. If it takes a bit longer than usual, play the latest version a bit longer than usual.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, Jim Bean.

After all, what could Rocket say more to us than "I'm working on it" ?

Should he post every line of code he writes?

Nah, I don't think so. And would you like it better to get the mod updated more often but at the expense of the standalone?

The mod is stable. Play it and if it gets updated, enjoy the new features. If it takes a bit longer than usual, play the latest version a bit longer than usual.

Completely agree. Unless he lets us all into his bedroom to watch him to make sure he's coding at every little chance he gets he can't win.

If he was concentrating on sorting the mod issues out then the population's anger would turn towards how long the game is taking to be produced. I would much rather he spend his time on the game than the mod at the moment.

• Like 2

why? it says, dayz will be developed, not downgraded... read the complete AMA, then complain and cry.

It was said in jest, you know, as in with all the bugs n hackers n shit in the mod as it stands. Kind of like a joke. Sheeesh, clearly dry humour is lost on some. But hey feel free to jump right up onto the 'stop QQing' bandwagon, an insult paralleled only by NOOB in it's ingenious maturity and depth, it hasn't been said enough on this forum... hope somebody says it again soon before I run out of hankies.

Oh and I had read the whole thing, without moving my lips even, it was a very interesting interview, thanks for the tip. I for one welcome our new standalone overlords, and am looking forward to losing my future social life to this game very much.

TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT

Completely agree. Unless he lets us all into his bedroom to watch him to make sure he's coding at every little chance he gets he can't win.

If he was concentrating on sorting the mod issues out then the population's anger would turn towards how long the game is taking to be produced. I would much rather he spend his time on the game than the mod at the moment.

Aye, this!

I agree as much as anyone that the tents and vehicles not saving and resetting, as well as duping and hacking is frustrating to the point of sheer fucked up, but DayZ is still good no less. And I would strongly concur that development time put into the actual standalone game is priority to the mod, afterall, the more time is dedicated to the game, the better game we'll get, and as said previously, when that happens, all of this will be nothing but a frustrating memory, and maybe even a fond story to tell the newbies to wash up on shore in the months there after.

• Like 2

@Edited

Actually, never mind. No one can argue with the hard core DayZ fans.

Can't wait to test that dog!

And nobody can argue with angry little cry baby fucks that just want to complain all the time. So both parties should just agree to disagree.

Seeing as one is spreading optimism and the other is just wasting fucking time repeating what the one that came before him said, I think I'll side with the hardcore fans.

This is all so stupid. The standalone was announced 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks. What the fuck have you accomplished in the last 3 weeks? Just chill the hell out, go do something else with your time, and come back when it's done.

• Like 4

And nobody can argue with angry little cry baby fucks that just want to complain all the time. So both parties should just agree to disagree.

Seeing as one is spreading optimism and the other is just wasting fucking time repeating what the one that came before him said, I think I'll side with the hardcore fans.

Cursing people won't prove your point, it will only show your lack of manners.

Now i'm off to work, keep this thread safe kind sir.

• Like 1

Will this feature only for Standalone fixed?

[Video documenting glitch]

Edited by Max Planck

Will this feature only for Standalone fixed?

[Video documenting glitch]

If you ask that way... yes they will.

Edited by Max Planck

lol..."alpha" -> "alpha" -> "beta" -> "final" ..how long till its finished so theres no more exuses for all the stupid bugs and bullshit dances around all the crap thats going on?

• Like 1

Instead of trashing every thread with "why doesnt it work" and "fix your damn game" why cant we just wait for whatever we can get and move on. I have fun everytime I play why cant you

• Like 5

Alpha, statement for all things which work wrong in this Game? Soon we will pay for the game, but no Support, the developer ignored the community. Why should I pay it, no Reason.

The bug isn´t small and more than a month is not fixed. Is this the future of the project? There were times with better community work.

Maybe should EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft publish their Games as Alpha. No one can complain more. So simple.

We can be silent. But this will not help the Project.

Criticism must be sometimes.

• Like 1

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

wandering around in the day terrified, not knowing WTF was going on ....... other that there were zomies around

This thread is as bad as the "hotfix build 1.7.2.5 rolling update" thread, just another place for people to bitch at each other.

I still play DayZ mod on a daily basis (no complaints), can't wait for the standalone. The dev's will definatly get my money for it.

edit.

BTW i dont understand why people post multiple times and completely clog up a thread like this, like they need to have the last laugh. Post your support for the standalone, dont bitch about the mod here.

Edited by Vangelics
  • Like 4

Locking this thread until all your complaints about the MOD PATCH has been expended in the correct thread.

Seriously guys, learn2forum.

• Like 10

Alpha, statement for all things which work wrong in this Game? Soon we will pay for the game, but no Support, the developer ignored the community. Why should I pay it, no Reason.

The bug isn´t small and more than a month is not fixed. Is this the future of the project? There were times with better community work.

Maybe should EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft publish their Games as Alpha. No one can complain more. So simple.

We can be silent. But this will not help the Project.

Criticism must be sometimes.

most of them do, they just dont say they are...thats why when the big name games are released their all broken for the first month or two, but people still pay 60$ for it. what rocket is doing is just telling people he's gonna start charging them for something broken before he fixes it; atleast he has the balls to tell us unlike the other companies..lets just hope he follows through and makes a good game.

Details on the engine will be announced in the coming days/weeks.

Still waiting to see if you're getting off this shit ARMA engine.