griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Yeah minecraft was mentioned via payment structure for Standalone version

Minecraft was also mentioned due to crafting style... that could mean that in minecraft you can use common sense to craft something... and you doesn't need any craft recipe for that ;)

I've just been watching some GDC videos and saw something called War z... Is this the stand alone version of day z?

If so it looks awesome. The graphics and animations look way better than what we have now :)

No rek, the warz is "just" a game which copies various aspects from dayzs style and principles.

But they announced a few things im concerned about e.g. blood from special zombies to trade for. Im not happy with this...

I hope there is a better vehicle system in standalone.. and to the people crying about warz copying dayz..!you are stupid!

Sounds good. I just hope the Arma 2.5/3 engine will be bug free enough not to degrade the experience. I'd hate to think this standalone was just a way to use the popularity of DayZ to draw in a massive ton of players paying to beta test an engine. More fun, less bugs!

Will we see graphical improvements with the standalone? If he's using a combination of both engines I hope that the standalone takes advantage of some of the graphical improvements of ARMA 3.

ARMA 2.5 engine? Sigh... So nights will still be pitch black? =/ So disappointed. I guess I gotta still choose servers with day on em.

ARMA 2.5 engine? Sigh... So nights will still be pitch black? =/ So disappointed. I guess I gotta still choose servers with day on em.

No, there's no reason to think that will be the case.

Sounds good. I just hope the Arma 2.5/3 engine will be bug free enough not to degrade the experience. I'd hate to think this standalone was just a way to use the popularity of DayZ to draw in a massive ton of players paying to beta test an engine. More fun, less bugs!

Pretty sure the whole point of the standalone is to make it less buggy and more secure.

No, there's no reason to think that will be the case.

If it's the same engine with tweaks, then how can you assume that it's like in arma 3?

What actually means "minecraft payment and development model" ? I dont absolutely know anything about minecraft so this is new to me.

What actually means "minecraft payment and development model" ? I dont absolutely know anything about minecraft so this is new to me.

From the previous page:

That's referring to the pricing structure. If you buy it early (Alpha) it will be heavily discounted. You will only pay for it once. As development moves forward (Beta) the price will rise until the final version 1.0 is release at full retail price.

Please do a little legwork yourself, just do a search on the forums or your search engine of choice. It has been asked a great many times in this thread alone.

Hope there is gonna be something like a Limited Edition :)

Can of Bean Edition

Included: Golden Can o' Beans cooked by Rocket himself.

A redeemable skin - Hobo, Rogue hooded man, Mysterious Trenchcoat

A camo'd weapon

• Like 1

From the previous page:

Please do a little legwork yourself, just do a search on the forums or your search engine of choice. It has been asked a great many times in this thread alone.

Thank you. I was really looking for a post as this but after like ten pages i just gave up even when it was clear to me that someone have already posted that. I thought it wont discomfort someone.

If it's the same engine with tweaks, then how can you assume that it's like in arma 3?

You're assuming that it's going to be exactly the same. I've heard Rocket mention something about "fixing" the night. The standalone means they can really build in features rather than "hacking" them into ARMA 2.

Besides, I wouldn't mind if the nights were left alone. In reality it gets dark at night.

Edited by RooBurger

It would be cool if you got some sort of elite force skin if you played the original dayz, or why not a cool hat;) A question: Will there be improved grouping functions with friends?

Pretty sure the whole point of the standalone is to make it less buggy and more secure.

I have no problem with less buggy and more secure. But that's my point. It should at least be relatively bug free to a certain extent and secure to a certain level upon public alpha. Like if the engine with dayz is released completely playable with the occasional bug and occasional exploit, both of which can be reported by players and quickly corrected, that would be great. If however it's released completely bug ridden, broken, easily exploitable, and there are so many bugs reported that it overwhelms the devs to the point that a fix patch takes weeks or months to come out, well that would just seem kinda shady. Free public testing is a fine practice, but not if the game is completely broken from day one right? This situation sort of happened with X3 Albion Prelude. Game crippling bug was discovered a few days after it was released and it pretty much rendered the game unplayable after a certain amount of time played. A proper fix patch wasn't provided for several weeks, and it was a bug that should have been caught prior to release.

A question: Will there be improved grouping functions with friends?

Yes.

From the reddit Q&A:

Q: What are you planning on adding to encourage people to teamup? What sort of community features are you planning on adding to help and/or balance cooperation in the game?

A: Group/community features are a key design consideration that will be closesly linked with construction. I.e. you build a base and the better it is the better options you have, such as storage and respawn etc...

I have no problem with less buggy and more secure. But that's my point. It should at least be relatively bug free to a certain extent and secure to a certain level upon public alpha. Like if the engine with dayz is released completely playable with the occasional bug and occasional exploit, both of which can be reported by players and quickly corrected, that would be great. If however it's released completely bug ridden, broken, easily exploitable, and there are so many bugs reported that it overwhelms the devs to the point that a fix patch takes weeks or months to come out, well that would just seem kinda shady. Free public testing is a fine practice, but not if the game is completely broken from day one right? This situation sort of happened with X3 Albion Prelude. Game crippling bug was discovered a few days after it was released and it pretty much rendered the game unplayable after a certain amount of time played. A proper fix patch wasn't provided for several weeks, and it was a bug that should have been caught prior to release.

Your concern was that the stand alone might be terrible because they'll create it just to cash in on the popularity of the mod. To me that doesn't make any sense, because if it's unplayable it'll be a complete failure. It's in their best interest to make it work better than the mod. If you're uncertain, just wait a couple of weeks before you buy it.

When is the target window for release guys?

I'll change the question, when we can start pre-ordering?

It's actually more important for me personally, there are quite few good games coming out "soonish" so i would like to know when i should have few bucks saved for Dayz.

Edited by k3lt

I'll change the question, when we can start pre-ordering?

It's actually more important for me personally, there are quite few good games coming out "soonish" so i would like to know when i should have few bucks saved for Dayz.

Here's a quote from the reddit Q&A:

Q: Do you plan on having the standalone game as a closed beta, with a prepurchase function where people will get access to the game? (Sortof like minecraft)

A: Alpha will be heavily discounted paid project. The project will never be a full retail priced title, and the alpha will be heavily discounted. No prepurchase. But there will be a premium type purchase that contains some extra collectors edition type stuff like concept art prints etc... for those who want to throw money at the project

Edited by Max Planck