jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

10 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I have no experimental. Someone can check this, how the eye sight is synchronized with the sight sight, for a character lying on an inclined surface. Are there any corrections for this ticket?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128362

A temporary fix is to look straight up/down to max out your camera angle and player model aiming angle afaik.

I like what y'all have done with the wire mesh barriers, with us now being able to stack them and all, but I'd like it if you weren't able to empty a wire mesh barrier from under it without being able to see its top. In addition, I think you shouldn't be able to empty any wire mesh barrier under another wire mesh barrier, as floating barriers are a bit of an immersion breaker. What I would like to see is that barriers that you can't empty due to the top of it being invisible to the player would be destroyable with a pickaxe or a crowbar or something akin to that. Also I think soil and all that jazz should become a resource you can dig and store, so we can put up these barriers even in places where there might not be soil, and so that we can also empty them where there isn't soil (you can't do that currently).

Also add electric barbed wire back 🤤

Edited by Brother Hao
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, radamantyz said:

Is there any chance of the sun's rays being corrected? around these parameters it can be seen how the rays are divided into a kind of circles, it is not a continuous ray but many circles or shapes together4VdmQKj.jpgKRxZHQ1.jpg

I have also noticed those kind of "circles" when looking at the sun through trees, and in my opinion it should be more smooth, more gradient like. They even flicker a bit when moving which is a bit annoying.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Brother Hao said:

I like what y'all have done with the wire mesh barriers, with us not being able to stack them and all, but I'd like it if you weren't able to empty a wire mesh barrier from under it without being able to see its top. In addition, I think you shouldn't be able to empty any wire mesh barrier under another wire mesh barrier, as floating barriers are a bit of an immersion breaker. What I would like to see is that barriers that you can't empty due to the top of it being invisible to the player would be destroyable with a pickaxe or a crowbar or something akin to that. Also I think soil and all that jazz should become a resource you can dig and store, so we can put up these barriers even in places where there might not be soil, and so that we can also empty them where there isn't soil (you can't do that currently).

Also add electric barbed wire back 🤤

In the last EXP release, the wire mesh/hescobox was set to no longer spawn (nominal=0). @ jakub_bohemia is that intentional?

<type name="HescoBox">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>3</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

Just now, helpthedeadwalk said:

In the last EXP release, the wire mesh/hescobox was set to no longer spawn (nominal=0). @ jakub_bohemia is that intentional? 

Adam said in his Tuesday stream that the hescoboxes were not supposed to spawn at industrial locations any more. So I guess they changed this in the last experimental update of Thursday. But they should spawn at military locations, I would guess.

Thanks for the (exp) update, its great that new things are being added and bugs being fixed.

Buuut...

Its close to half a year since the last update - and all that is being added is the Sporter...

The serious main-bugs (that have been in the game for so many updates that I lost count) like inventory-desync/not being able to loot dead bodies/not being able to use what you are holding in your hands and so on, weapons "breaking" if you quick-reload them (shows a mag in the gun that ain't there and can't be removed) are STILL in the game and as far as I know there has been no real kind of information from the devs about what is being done about them.

And its not just small bugs, they are quite game-breaking - not being able to use a gun you are holding in your hands (because the server sees you holding something else or whatever is happening) and getting killed because you cant shoot a zombie (as the game thinks you are holding rags or whatever in your hands while you are seeing your gun), not being able to loot a dead body and having to use half an hour in the same place doing the work-around (taking the piece of clothing you need something from to your hands and logging in and out with it with seems to fix that specific item being fucked) and getting killed because people show up when you should have been out of there in 2 minutes like normally and so on are things that by all accounts should have been fixed ages ago - but apparently nothing is happening.

What is being done about it?

Im not that annoyed of the lack of new items (though I honestly had expected quite a lot more...), but I am quite annoyed at the huge bugs that have been here for so many versions not being fixed and nothing being said about it.

Any info would be appreciated - I almost stopped playing the game because of it and would like to return, but I dont have much more patience to give on these matters as it has taken so long already - if only some kind of info on what is being done/the state or the work was thrown out to the masses I would have a lot easier time telling myself to hang in there and keep my spirits up in regards to the development of the game.

Its hard enough to be a console-user and not being able to use the amazing mods that the community have made (which honestly seems like so much bigger improvements to the game then the devs have done in years which makes me wonder WTF is happening at BI), but being stuck with these issues at the same time and them apparently being a part of the game now instead of a bug (which it feels like when nothing gets done and you dont get any info about what work that MIGHT be being done) does not give much incentive to be the one saying "dont worry, it will be fixed soon and its just a matter of waiting a bit longer".

Any info on the state of the bug-fixing (of the real big bugs mentioned in here and other places) would go a looong way to fix the mood of us that are about to drop out of this game because of lack of improvements and info about it.

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 2
  • Beans 3

would be nice to get a list of all new items in the types.xml - that would help all serveradmins a lot to get their server running after the update. because i think the update will overwrite the types.xml and then we have to figure out what is changed by ourself....

Edited by daniel.mk4bs

Hi so I just looking for a yes or no answer and you props get asked this all the time is mods coming to console and will dayz be on the nexted gen consoles thanks 

29 minutes ago, daniel.mk4bs said:

would be nice to get a list of all new items in the types.xml - that would help all serveradmins a lot to get their server running after the update. because i think the update will overwrite the types.xml and then we have to figure out what is changed by ourself....

All an admin needs to do is use Notepad++ with it's Compare feature and compare a vanilla types.xml from 1.07 and 1.08. Quite easy actually.

okay... thank you. i will look for that feature... i started with notepad++ since a couple of weeks now.... but i will figure it out....  

On 6/6/2020 at 9:05 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

<type name="HescoBox">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>3</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

I can confirm that this change is intentional. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

And its not just small bugs, they are quite game-breaking - not being able to use a gun you are holding in your hands (because the server sees you holding something else or whatever is happening) and getting killed because you cant shoot a zombie (as the game thinks you are holding rags or whatever in your hands while you are seeing your gun), not being able to loot a dead body and having to use half an hour in the same place doing the work-around (taking the piece of clothing you need something from to your hands and logging in and out with it with seems to fix that specific item being fucked) and getting killed because people show up when you should have been out of there in 2 minutes like normally and so on are things that by all accounts should have been fixed ages ago - but apparently nothing is happening.

Im not that annoyed of the lack of new items (though I honestly had expected quite a lot more...), but I am quite annoyed at the huge bugs that have been here for so many versions not being fixed and nothing being said about it.

Any info would be appreciated - I almost stopped playing the game because of it and would like to return, but I dont have much more patience to give on these matters as it has taken so long already - if only some kind of info on what is being done/the state or the work was thrown out to the masses I would have a lot easier time telling myself to hang in there and keep my spirits up in regards to the development of the game.

Its hard enough to be a console-user and not being able to use the amazing mods that the community have made (which honestly seems like so much bigger improvements to the game then the devs have done in years which makes me wonder WTF is happening at BI), but being stuck with these issues at the same time and them apparently being a part of the game now instead of a bug (which it feels like when nothing gets done and you dont get any info about what work that MIGHT be being done) does not give much incentive to be the one saying "dont worry, it will be fixed soon and its just a matter of waiting a bit longer".

Any info on the state of the bug-fixing (of the real big bugs mentioned in here and other places) would go a looong way to fix the mood of us that are about to drop out of this game because of lack of improvements and info about it.

Having a decent survival experience on console (PS4-Pro with SSD here) is indeed almost impossible with all the game breaking bugs and bad performance (especially at pvp situations). I wonder if they ever address the inventory/looting issues and horrible fps on consoles.

I also find it quite frustrating that the server performance is so damn bad on console. Every full pop community server above 52 slots suffers from teleporting and lagging players/infected but it's still possible order servers with up to 100 slots. 60 slots seems to be the sweet spot (like official servers) before it gets ultra laggy but there is no option to rent a 60 slot server (its either 52 or 64 slots). I find that this is a slap in the face of the console community...

Are we going to see "real" console improvements with the next patch?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Are we going to see "real" console improvements with the next patch?

....try the console section of the forum.  personal oppinion tho..... the reason the console version isnt as good as pc lies in the fact that consoles themselves suck in comparison. 

21 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Thanks for the (exp) update, its great that new things are being added and bugs being fixed.

Buuut...

Its close to half a year since the last update - and all that is being added is the Sporter...

The serious main-bugs (that have been in the game for so many updates that I lost count) like inventory-desync/not being able to loot dead bodies/not being able to use what you are holding in your hands and so on, weapons "breaking" if you quick-reload them (shows a mag in the gun that ain't there and can't be removed) are STILL in the game and as far as I know there has been no real kind of information from the devs about what is being done about them.

<snip>

Read beyond the "Added" headline. These are just a few extracts from "Fixed"

Fixed: Server errors related to throwing

Fixed: Loading internal magazines of weapons did not work across multiple stacks of ammunition

Fixed: Repositioning the cable reel could break the hand slot and cause desynchronization

Fixed: Reloading immediately after shooting with the Repeater would sometimes not work

Fixed: Trying to chamber an already loaded weapon could break the weapon

Fixed: Character desynchronization when a player would log in close to a player who is taking an item into hands at that moment

Fixed: It was not possible to take an item from the hands of a dead player

Fixed: After committing suicide, the tools used was desynchronized and could not be interacted with

Fixed: Several synchronization issues related to the inventory, Quickbar and slot reservation

All of those are related to the bugs you say they have done nothing about. Did you try experimental before posting? I have given it a few hours and had no inventory desync whatsoever. They're making good progress. Is it perfect yet? Heck no. Is it better? Oh sweet below yes it is.

As for performance problems on console I'm afraid Funk is right, DayZ was made for PC and current gen consoles use hardware on the lowest end of the spectra. DayZ runs, but little more, if I remember right a standard PS4 has 8 GB of RAM and a normal HDD, with that kind of hardware stuttering and frame drops is unavoidable. You get the same if you run DayZ on a low-end PC.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Changed: The fireplace with a stone circle has a lifetime of 2 days, the stone oven lasts 7 days (refreshed by interacting with it)
Changed: Reduced fireplace tripod inventory size and visuals

Can tripod fireplace last 7 days too ?

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

All of those are related to the bugs you say they have done nothing about. Did you try experimental before posting? I have given it a few hours and had no inventory desync whatsoever. They're making good progress. Is it perfect yet? Heck no. Is it better? Oh sweet below yes it is.

As for performance problems on console I'm afraid Funk is right, DayZ was made for PC and current gen consoles use hardware on the lowest end of the spectra. DayZ runs, but little more, if I remember right a standard PS4 has 8 GB of RAM and a normal HDD, with that kind of hardware stuttering and frame drops is unavoidable. You get the same if you run DayZ on a low-end PC.

consoles have 8gb of ram that is shared between the GPU and system and the game... meanwhile on PC with 16gb of ram DayZ uses like 8gb... and only DayZ ... when i'm running DayZ total RAM usage gets up to like 12-14gb and i don't have a lot running in the background and also the CPU and GPU inside the current gen consoles were pretty much outdated when they rolled out of the factory... all the way back then... 8 AMD cores in console = 3 cores of Intel CPU but next gen consoles literally have a slightly slower Ryzen 7 3700... it's literally an insane jump between the console generations... it's like 80% better CPU wise

On 6/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, daniel.mk4bs said:

I posted this on /r/dayz : 

https://old.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/gxs86i/loot_table_changes_from_107_108_exp_108153154/

This new features is going to make it easier as well. Just not sure why it didn't include cfgeventspawns.xml @jakub_bohemia

Added: Central Economy mission files modding (details at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Central_Economy_mission_files_modding)

On 6/6/2020 at 3:08 PM, amadieus said:

Adam said in his Tuesday stream that the hescoboxes were not supposed to spawn at industrial locations any more. So I guess they changed this in the last experimental update of Thursday. But they should spawn at military locations, I would guess.

I didn't see that one but but a few months ago he called them the most useless item in the game or something like that. lol. 

Anyway, confirmed by @jakub_bohemia that these will no longer spawn. Strange, to just set them to 0 since many server will just add them back.

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

I'm looking forward for those fixes, especially to those which are related to item desync and looting.

Anyway I run DayZ on a PS4-Pro with a internal SSD and it's still unplayable in many situations. When you in or near a big city and shoot a full auto AKM the fps will drop to like 2-3 and sometimes remain like this for several minutes. I would say DayZ on consoles is just very poorly optimized and the devs which ported the game to consoles have no or very little experience on how to optimize a game for a fixed spec of hardware. I mean the fact that the PS4-Pro boost mode has a negative effect on the fps in DayZ speaks for itself. DayZ was released mid 2019 on PS4 so it should be a PS4-Pro enhanced title and boost mode on or off shouldn't have "any" effect on the performance.

Don't get me wrong I never expected a solid/stable 60fps experience of DayZ with the current console specs but solid/stable 30fps should be possible when the devs did their work correctly. The game runs really bad on consoles and several patches haven't changed much or rather anything in terms of performance, which is quite sad! Endless game breaking bugs combined with poor performance makes DayZ (imho) not really enjoyable on consoles...

• Like 1

Please take a look at ladders - military towers - it's hard to find a place to "F" - climb. Just died beacuse of that....

5 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

I'm looking forward for those fixes, especially to those which are related to item desync and looting.

Anyway I run DayZ on a PS4-Pro with a internal SSD and it's still unplayable in many situations. When you in or near a big city and shoot a full auto AKM the fps will drop to like 2-3 and sometimes remain like this for several minutes. I would say DayZ on consoles is just very poorly optimized and the devs which ported the game to consoles have no or very little experience on how to optimize a game for a fixed spec of hardware. I mean the fact that the PS4-Pro boost mode has a negative effect on the fps in DayZ speaks for itself. DayZ was released mid 2019 on PS4 so it should be a PS4-Pro enhanced title and boost mode on or off shouldn't have "any" effect on the performance.

Don't get me wrong I never expected a solid/stable 60fps experience of DayZ with the current console specs but solid/stable 30fps should be possible when the devs did their work correctly. The game runs really bad on consoles and several patches haven't changed much or rather anything in terms of performance, which is quite sad! Endless game breaking bugs combined with poor performance makes DayZ (imho) not really enjoyable on consoles...

ok you right about optimization but most of the issues on console is due to shitty hardware honestly... the CPU inside was outdated even back then when it was brand new... because at the time AMD was dogshit and Intel was king it was a comparison of a tractor to a Ford Focus xD so plz don't talk about perfomance issues... it's 80% shit hardware 15% optimization 5% consoles not having ability to change graphics settings and are forced to run as high as possible graphics... DayZ on consoles run at like medium to high settings... and if shadows are on High... oh boy... rip GPU and memory usage ( consoles only have 8gb of ram that is shared between the system.. the game and GPU and DayZ alone on PC uses like 8gb of RAM ALONE! ) there is nothing you can do unless the devs make the graphics potato quality... and even then you will get stutters... even optimization will not do shit... sure it would be better but it would still be pretty much the same... consoles just can't handle DayZ... as DayZ was a PC game only... it's a fckin miracle it even runs on consoles tbh but fear not... next gen consoles have basically Ryzen 7 3700 inside that is slightly slower... so next gen consoles will easily run DayZ at 120fps just chill xD 

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

ok you right about optimization but most of the issues on console is due to shitty hardware honestly... the CPU inside was outdated even back then when it was brand new... because at the time AMD was dogshit and Intel was king it was a comparison of a tractor to a Ford Focus xD so plz don't talk about perfomance issues... it's 80% shit hardware 15% optimization 5% consoles not having ability to change graphics settings and are forced to run as high as possible graphics... DayZ on consoles run at like medium to high settings... and if shadows are on High... oh boy... rip GPU and memory usage ( consoles only have 8gb of ram that is shared between the system.. the game and GPU and DayZ alone on PC uses like 8gb of RAM ALONE! ) there is nothing you can do unless the devs make the graphics potato quality... and even then you will get stutters... even optimization will not do shit... sure it would be better but it would still be pretty much the same... consoles just can't handle DayZ... as DayZ was a PC game only... it's a fckin miracle it even runs on consoles tbh but fear not... next gen consoles have basically Ryzen 7 3700 inside that is slightly slower... so next gen consoles will easily run DayZ at 120fps just chill xD 

I guess you are right about the shitty hardware for the day and age but for me it is still hard to believe that DayZ on consoles have to run that bad and I think optimization would do a bigger difference than 5%.

Stuttering and fps drops are way to frequent in DayZ (I can only speak for the PS4-Pro here) and I do think the enfusion engine is way too hardware hungry or just badly optimized for the current gen console hardware specs. Afaik DayZ at it's current state doesn't even offer proper ragdoll or complex physics of it's world but I'm not a game dev so I don't know what hardware requirements are needed to run DayZ smoothly.

On the other hand if you look at the DayZ server performance you will only come to the conclusion that it's badly optimized as well and imho that speaks for the whole optimization state of the whole game. It seems like that the devs are not even able to optimize the server performance so that players and infected won't teleport and lag all over the place on a full pop server with 60+ slots. Custom servers on conslole a very nice feature but only up to 52 slots when full pop. As I said above imho it is a slap in the face of the console community to offer rented servers above 60 slots at the time beeing.

Well I can't wait to play DayZ on the PS5 or Xbox One Series X but even if those consoles are able to run DayZ at solid and stable 60fps@4k (hopefully 120fps@1440p) they still need to optimize the server performance. I don't see any words of the devs regarding to the progress or change about the server performance or did I missed something?

Anyway it would be great if someone here could answer my questions in the PS4-Troubleshoot section about the actual ingame resolution at 4k (PS4-Pro):

@SillyJoe From my observation DayZ utilizes my GPU RTX 2070 @98%, resolution 3440x1440, all the time even in the main menu. Talk about optimization issues 😉 
Rest of my PC is just chillin and I still get drops from ~100 FPS in the countryside to ~40 FPS in large urban area. Put that into the perspective of current consoles, there is very little that you can expect in terms of performance and I'm quite confident in saying that next gen consoles will just so so run it at 1080p or 1440p at best. There will still be massive drops and performance issues, but hopefully you will not get a power point presentation as a result 😄 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

@SillyJoe From my observation DayZ utilizes my GPU RTX 2070 @98%, resolution 3440x1440, all the time even in the main menu. Talk about optimization issues 😉 
Rest of my PC is just chillin and I still get drops from ~100 FPS in the countryside to ~40 FPS in large urban area. Put that into the perspective of current consoles, there is very little that you can expect in terms of performance and I'm quite confident in saying that next gen consoles will just so so run it at 1080p or 1440p at best. There will still be massive drops and performance issues, but hopefully you will not get a power point presentation as a result 😄 

DayZ is pretty odd when it comes to performance when I read about the experiences of others, like yours. I got a I7700K and GTX1070 and always have 60 fps in large urban areas. However, in certain forest areas my fps can drop till 45...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

DayZ is pretty odd when it comes to performance when I read about the experiences of others, like yours. I got a I7700K and GTX1070 and always have 60 fps in large urban areas. However, in certain forest areas my fps can drop till 45...

This I have noticed specifically with foliage smoothing and I've turned it off for this reason alone. Drop below 60 in urban areas was more of an exception but it can happen. Still the drops are massive and point to general performance issues. This is not the only area where DayZ overall feels very antiquated, lot of the times I forget what year was this made in.