jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Not directly related to 1.08 but in general, the countdown before I'm connected to the game, why is there a 15 second countdown when there still is the loading afterwards which can easily take another 15 seconds? I understand the countdown when server hopping but why on a normal connect? Can you at least make so that the game loads during that countdown? 

That's a server side setting controlled by the server admin.

Ammo box is bugged.

I filled it with items and put it in my backpack. After ~30 min all the items inside just vanished.

Happened twice in a row, lost my frying pan to this bug...

Reported on feedback tracker: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151425

Edited by Tarkules
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tarkules said:

Ammo box is bugged.

I filled it with items and put it in my backpack. After ~30 min all the items inside just vanished.

Happened twice in a row, lost my frying pan to this bug...

Report it on the feedback tracker. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

That's a server side setting controlled by the server admin.

Oh, do you know which one exactly? 

Also, the question still remains, why is it turned on by default? Perhaps someone has use for it, but I fail to see why it should be on. 

Edited by William Sternritter

Now that the stoves are of vital importance, I think they need new textures, they are very low resolution

• Like 3

Do tents and barrels and other base building items still have the timer to make them despawning?  I hated having to interact with them to stop them from going.  I thought they used it so it would not clutter up the server.  But as you can now destroy them is there any need for the timer?

Some great fixes/improvements in this patch for sure.

Nice to see the addition of proper cooking slots on stoves. And finally the ability to dismantle or destroy the player crafted wooden crates, those bloody things are lying about everywhere, and no doubt added unnecessary server load.

Base raiding seems a little better. I still think it needs to be a lot more bullets needed to destroy walls. As really, if a few people are all firing, it's only a couple of mags each which isn't a great deal tbh, not for a clan/big group. They could probably demolish the wall quicker with gunfire than what it would have taken to find the correct tools?? Metal walls need to take a lot more punishment too, As from what I've already seen in posted videos there doesn't appear to be much diff in how much damage the wooden/metal walls can take. I'm sure this will be tweaked/balanced eventually. Grenades/mines should be the main viable form of attack really imho, esp for metal walls.

Just my opinion though, obvs.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Car Pop Noise

First off... thank you for the update and continued work appreciate it

Can you please look into fixing the car pop noise you get once you enter It's bubble, it's around the 77m 76m Mark. Makes it extremely difficult to hide vehicles when players are alerted with a pop which tells them there's a car nearby no matter how dense the bush is.

2 hours ago, scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au said:

Can you please look into fixing the car pop noise you get once you enter It's bubble, it's around the 77m 76m Mark. Makes it extremely difficult to hide vehicles when players are alerted with a pop which tells them there's a car nearby no matter how dense the bush is.

What noise is that, do you have a recording? 

4 hours ago, scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au said:

Hey Scott, if you have a recording it would be greatly appreciated. You can send it directly to me and I will pass it on to the devs.

Thank you for the patch. I'm happy with the additions and changes that it brought. A bit disappointed that it is just one weapon though. I do really like the changes to the cooking system, the new locations on Chernarus and the inclusion of the new car wrecks on the map. The changes to basebuilding seem to be pretty good. I do have a few notes about it:

• Breaking in with grenades still seem to be a bit too easy, as grenades are rather commonly found and you just need 3 to break in. The damage done by melee weapons and guns seem to be right;
  • The dismantling option still exist. This still gives enemy players that do break in your base the option to just dismantle the rest of your base. This increases griefing and gives also more power to large clans;
  • Ruined tents should not de-spawn upon server restart or within a short amount of time. With the changes (and I think those are good changes) other players could easily just destroy your tent for the lolz and make all the loot de-spawn. By having ruined tents de-spawn in two days or perhaps a week we have the chance to collect some loot from the destroyed tents.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Hey Scott, if you have a recording it would be greatly appreciated. You can send it directly to me and I will pass it on to the devs. 

Each rendering of an object in the bubble of a client’s character is accompanied by a sound - the object falls to the floor. This is a hint that you need to do a search in a radius.
Is the client side lag problem resolved? This occurs when processing data about the client’s movement at the fatigue limit or in the car. In a car, this happens in the worst possible way. The car from the client can get the coordinates and speed that do not match the position and speed of the car on the server. The client loses control over the control of the car, can not even turn off the car's engine. In this case, if the car receives damage from the client - the server logs this information. But on the server side, for other clients, the car stands motionless, or abruptly changes the direction of the path, or causes damage to the car without collision with an obstacle.
We are told that this is a bad connection with the server. The client can receive a flying car for a long time underground or above ground. But sometimes it’s possible to catch the moment when the “turn off the engine” option is in the car’s control menu. Turning off the motor often plays as restoring good communication with the server - the car stops on the ground. Switching the gearbox to the neutral "N" position also plays to get the car back on the road. What happens when the server calculates the movement of the car and the effect of the load on the car? Why does the client get the wrong coordinates and lose control? Or why the connection with the server is broken when such calculations by the server occur - about the load on the character’s fatigue or the car’s adhesion to the surface? Why does the connection immediately become stable if the client matches the estimated load of the character or car?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150750

Edited by lex__1

33 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Thank you for the patch. I'm happy with the additions and changes that it brought. A bit disappointed that it is just one weapon though. I do really like the changes to the cooking system, the new locations on Chernarus and the inclusion of the new car wrecks on the map. The changes to basebuilding seem to be pretty good. I do have a few notes about it:

• Breaking in with grenades still seem to be a bit too easy, as grenades are rather commonly found and you just need 3 to break in. The damage done by melee weapons and guns seem to be right;
  • The dismantling option still exist. This still gives enemy players that do break in your base the option to just dismantle the rest of your base. This increases griefing and gives also more power to large clans;
  • Ruined tents should not de-spawn upon server restart or within a short amount of time. With the changes (and I think those are good changes) other players could easily just destroy your tent for the lolz and make all the loot de-spawn. By having ruined tents de-spawn in two days or perhaps a week we have the chance to collect some loot from the destroyed tents.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into account.

41 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Ruined tents should not de-spawn upon server restart or within a short amount of time. With the changes (and I think those are good changes) other players could easily just destroy your tent for the lolz and make all the loot de-spawn. By having ruined tents de-spawn in two days or perhaps a week we have the chance to collect some loot from the destroyed tents.

This is an unfortunate side effect of a much needed change - that tents can no longer be used as impregnable barriers. But as long as the tent collapses so it can be bypassed and its contents taken, it should definitely not despawn as long as there are items inside. For that reason I do not think the contents of ruined containers being deposited on the ground is a good idea. It is realistic, yes, but opens the door to systematic griefing which will happen. Many many players enjoy ruining the game for others just for lolz.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

48 minutes ago, Derleth said:

This is an unfortunate side effect of a much needed change - that tents can no longer be used as impregnable barriers. But as long as the tent collapses so it can be bypassed and its contents taken, it should definitely not despawn as long as there are items inside. For that reason I do not think the contents of ruined containers being deposited on the ground is a good idea. It is realistic, yes, but opens the door to systematic griefing which will happen. Many many players enjoy ruining the game for others just for lolz.

Tents should not be a reliable place to store. None of you would store things in a tent in your life, considering it reliable. It is necessary to change the method of detecting buried storage. It will be logical. No one will leave noticeable heaps in the buried warehouse.  To find them you need a metal detector.

Edited by lex__1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, pr9inichek said:

Anybody have this bug for value of remaining?

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll investigate.

• Like 1

Is it a bug?

Edited by pr9inichek

Rebalance please loot, and then there is no sense in going to yews, even on the shore you can find Kalashnikovs. The meaning of going further on the map disappears. And add a couple of new villages, cities, etc. We need new locations to learn!

Hello everyone, the new version of the experimental update 1.08 is live. Thanks for your feedback 🙂

Release date: 04 Jun 2020 

Version: 1.08.153154

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Setup of the damage zones for the Large Tent
  • Fixed: Existing containers HPs now reset as intended (no longer stay badly damaged if loaded from the old version)
  • Fixed: Items in containers that can be carried within the players' inventory had contents disappearing after reconnect
  • Fixed: Various issues with weapons becoming unusable after performing an action and interrupt the action at the same time
  • Fixed: The crafting action for the stone knife was not removing the other stone
  • Fixed: Specialized bullets could in certain situations be transformed into standard rounds
  • Fixed: Tactical gloves were positioned at the players' feet when held in hands

CHANGED

• Changed: The Land Mine now explodes when destroyed (regardless of the armed state)
  • Changed: Ballistic properties of metal walls on the fence/watchtower to be much better at protecting against projectiles passing through
  • Tweaked: Some grenades will no longer get deleted immediately when they run out of gas
  • Tweaked: The "Open Store"-button in the DLC description now opens the store even when already owning the DLC
  • Tweaked: Tents can now also be repaired with the sewing kit

SERVER

• Added Server Manager Script to the server files (Documentation: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Server_manager)

MODDING

• Added: HumanCommandVehicle::KeepInVehicleSpaceAfterLeave function

KNOWN ISSUES

• Damage application from explosives on objects such as tents or base building objects is not working as intended and could cause some differences in between the state of the object and its visual state
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Is it a bug?

Seems like it. We'll check it out. Thanks, man 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Oh, do you know which one exactly? 

Also, the question still remains, why is it turned on by default? Perhaps someone has use for it, but I fail to see why it should be on. 

Offhand I don't remember the exact setting, but it's in the server cfg file.

• Like 1

Hey devs, just testing structure decay on the walls with grenades. I was able to find that 4 explosive grenades were able to bring down both a full wooden wall and metal wall. The first three grenades brought both the upper wall of the wooden wall down and the upper wall of the metal sheet wall down, yet with the 4th grenade finally breaking the lower wall for both instance. 

I want to know why both wood and metal sheets have same damage resistances when the reality is metal sheets are found not harvested yet wood is easy to come by. Why would groups or survivors invest into sheet metal building materials when wood seems to be provide the same level of resistance as the metal sheets? I hope this can be changed, otherwise there is no real reason to invest in using sheet metal for building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1