jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

1 hour ago, Igor Fontes said:

Devs are killing the game, remember the origin of survival, hunting, fishing and trying to maintain a safe base. you are going against the game! Watch out! it's been 10 long years waiting for improvement and not making the game another boring pvp game

They got the new engine going on... they are rebuilding the game and everything... 

If 0.62 and previos versions are soo good then why does modern day DayZ have  like 17 000 more daily active players? Compared to like at max 5000 daily players in 0.62 and before... you can check these stats at steamdb.com

• Beans 1

he's right Igor fontes.

you as 99% look at the numbers, without knowing perhaps why dayz sa was born.

you like 99% of the new kids "i am old" i want an easy game where you are born you can immediately find the weapon, go to the airport and do pvp.

this game was not meant to be cod or pubg or anything else. it had to be a survival game .. survival has nothing. had more mechanics at the beginning than now xD.

it was supposed to be a naked and raw niche game, so few but good players. Instead they simplify it from year to year, hardcore has nothing, survival mechanics much vaunted 1%

the increase in players is due to the fact that the game is now easy and for everyone, like many others. It is now a simple pvp like many others, maybe the mods will save it but even here the server admin to have many players will always put millions of useless weapons, while maybe mods that make it more difficult and hardocre will be forgotten, this is the reality. It was supposed to be THE GAME par excellence of survival, it owes its fame only to the mod and to people like me who bought it and felt teased after 7 years. all to make the crowd happy as always with kids who want the stuff ready and just pvp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MATTEO M said:

he's right Igor fontes.

you like 99% of the new kids "i am old" i want an easy game where you are born you can immediately find the weapon, go to the airport and do pvp.

this game was not meant to be cod or pubg or anything else. it had to be a survival game .. survival has nothing. had more mechanics at the beginning than now xD.

it was supposed to be a naked and raw niche game, so few but good players. Instead they simplify it from year to year, hardcore has nothing, survival mechanics much vaunted 1%

the increase in players is due to the fact that the game is now easy and for everyone, like many others. It is now a simple pvp like many others, maybe the mods will save it but even here the server admin to have many players will always put millions of useless weapons, while maybe mods that make it more difficult and hardocre will be forgotten, this is the reality. It was supposed to be THE GAME par excellence of survival, it owes its fame only to the mod and to people like me who bought it and felt teased after 7 years. all to make the crowd happy as always with kids who want the stuff ready and just pvp 

Tried DayZ in the end of May during free weekend on steam (heard about it earlier but never played it, ever), loved it and bought it. Play only vanilla because have some experience of community servers of other games, don't want to waste my time. Got a friend playing with me, who played the mod back in 2012-2014, and didn't play SA at all. He says that SA as is at the moment is much more survival and hardcore, than the mod ever was, and it's actually more fun to play, even considering all the bugs.

Just sayin'.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, Uncle Zed said:

Those of you reporting the weight bugs, you are putting all of this in the Feedback tracker, right?

I used the feedback tracker 3 times:

1) the issue i reported where well-known (another weight bug) and already fixed internally, but wasn't listed under known issues = I wasted my time

2) I couldn't log on to the feed back tracker, it had a bug 🙂 = I wasted my time again

3) Another user answered and helped me

The thread starter with the word manager in his title is properly not some unpaid/underpaid interm, he has an direct interest for Dayz to be working, maybe he even has some bonus scheme were he earns more, if the game does good. So any game-breaking bugs I expect him to notify the devs. BI is not some frat boys coding a game in their moms garage, in their last annual report you can read it has about 400 employees and a multi milion revenue.

On 6/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, ast65 said:

I can only confirm, what a sloppy work, if this is your way of fixing things then I don't wanna know how it looks when you break things 😛

plz get your shit together or leave it entirely.

sry for my harsh words, I forgot it's exp we're talking about.

Well I don't work for BI and I don't fix their game, I support the game, I bought it 3 times and the overpriced dlc once.

The title of the thread is "Experimental Update 1.08"

On 6/19/2020 at 12:54 AM, Derleth said:

Again: The weapon is not what causes damage, it is the bullet.

irl a longer barrel gives higher exit speed = higher damage with same bullet , many games has this implemented , but maybe not Dayz

On 6/19/2020 at 7:53 PM, ast65 said:

"Despite being a jacketed round, because it's smaller, lighter, and faster than an AK-47 projectile, the 5.56mm tends to yaw faster once it hits tissue. The shearing forces on the bullet once it is traveling at 90 degrees through the tissue often tears the bullet into pieces, thus creating multiple smaller projectiles and increasing the chances of all of the bullet parts remaining in the target, and hence dissipating more energy.

The AK-47 round, being slightly heavier and slower than the M4 round, has a tendency to remain intact as it strikes tissue, and while it will penetrate deeper, it tends to remain intact and not yaw until it has penetrated much deeper than the M4." (or just leaves a 7.62mm exit hole).

in game the dealt damage of both rounds should be the same but the guns differ in handling, accuracy, firing range etc.

Where is this from, do you have a source? What is described is a jacketed round operating as a hollow point. In the late 1800 in the hauge/haag convention (iirc) it was agreed hollow point wasn't allowed to be used for warfare.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:41 PM, [Gen]Adzic said:

Can't wait for 2030!

It's gonna be EPIC 🙂

I see this will be pushed to stable, if you have a base and want to modify/expand it, do it before the update hits, modifying/expanding existing bases might be fubar after the update hits!

Edited by my_nick_was_taken
misspelled

7 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

he's right Igor fontes.

Trust me dude... we will get survival aspects back... they just have to remake the stuff they had... like broken bones... they will do special animations and stuff for it and not just force you into prone when your legs get broken... things like that... also there are a lot more players now not because it's easier to play because it is dumbed down but because it works way better then before and looks better and more fluid animations and all that and cars are just so enjoyable to drive atleast for me... driving cars is the coolest thing you can do in this game not even flying a helicopter matches this xD the sound effects when youre going over stuff is just so realistic bro it's insane.. so immersive... 

This year hopefully we WILL be getting broken bones as they said in 2020 roadmap plans thing

7 hours ago, JJ_Judge said:

Tried DayZ in the end of May during free weekend on steam (heard about it earlier but never played it, ever), loved it and bought it. Play only vanilla because have some experience of community servers of other games, don't want to waste my time. Got a friend playing with me, who played the mod back in 2012-2014, and didn't play SA at all. He says that SA as is at the moment is much more survival and hardcore, than the mod ever was, and it's actually more fun to play, even considering all the bugs.

Just sayin'.

Woah dude that's actually pretty cool xD

On 6/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, my_nick_was_taken said:

Where is this from, do you have a source? What is described is a jacketed round operating as a hollow point. In the late 1800 in the hauge/haag convention (iirc) it was agreed hollow point wasn't allowed to be used for warf

https://www.businessinsider.com/ak-47-wound-over-an-m4-2015-12?r=DE&IR=T

Edited by ast65

On 6/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

If 0.62 and previos versions are soo good then why does modern day DayZ have  like 17 000 more daily active players? Compared to like at max 5000 daily players in 0.62 and before... you can check these stats at steamdb.com

Did you factor in people playing mods vs. people playing Vanilla? I think without mods, the numbers would be maybe a bit higher, about the same or even lower than it was.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

Did you factor in people playing mods vs. people playing Vanilla? I think without mods, the numbers would be maybe a bit higher, about the same or even lower than it was.

i think it would be atleast 8000 or 10 000 Vanilla only

@jakub_bohemia Hi Jakub, is not possible split material in the inventory/hand. for example I can stack 99 nails, but is not possible split it to two packs for 49 and 50pcs. or split planks/rags ammo and so on. 

On 6/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

we will get survival aspects back... they just have to remake the stuff they had... like broken bones... they will do special animations and stuff for it and not just force you into prone when your legs get broken... things like that... also there are a lot more players now not because it's easier to play because it is dumbed down but because it works way better then before and looks better and more fluid animations and all that and cars are just so enjoyable to drive atleast for me... driving cars is the coolest thing you can do in this game not even flying a helicopter matches this xD the sound effects when youre going over stuff is just so realistic bro it's insane.. so immersive... 

This year hopefully we WILL be getting broken bones as they said in 2020 roadmap plans thing

Do you really believe that?

I can not find them mentioning the broken bones-mechanic with a single word since they stated that they were totally re-making it (which seems like it was more then half a year ago)...

If I was a betting man I would put my money of it being added to the ever-growing list of broken promises that they made over the years - but I only bet bananas and am having a hard time finding any takers.

PS - where is the helicopters in the vanilla-version?

My guess is that they will be added together with the broken bones-mechanic - and after that update hits everyones characters will spawn in with 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms (and a concussion lol) and will die within five minutes while crawling and yelling on the asphalt - just like after that update that made everyones characters spawn bleeding from multiple sources making many bleed out before being able to fix it.

15 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Do you really believe that?

I can not find them mentioning the broken bones-mechanic with a single word since they stated that they were totally re-making it (which seems like it was more then half a year ago)...

If I was a betting man I would put my money of it being added to the ever-growing list of broken promises that they made over the years - but I only bet bananas and am having a hard time finding any takers.

PS - where is the helicopters in the vanilla-version?

My guess is that they will be added together with the broken bones-mechanic - and after that update hits everyones characters will spawn in with 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms (and a concussion lol) and will die within five minutes while crawling and yelling on the asphalt - just like after that update that made everyones characters spawn bleeding from multiple sources making many bleed out before being able to fix it.

do you want broken bones now and die every 5 minutes because bones get broken by stepping on a flower or do you want your legs to be broken by a bullet to the leg or jumping from really high or zombie gets you.. ? Would you rather have broken limb mechanic actually work or do you want your game to crash because your bones got broken? just chill they will add it when they feel like it's ready
Helicopters in vanilla we will not see for sometime probably... there are other things to do to make helicopters make sense to have.. 
They did say that broken bones will come this year in their roadmap thing they released i will try to link it in the edit

EDIT:  It's in here... look for New Content it's under Modding Support
This is what they said
"We know how important broken body parts (legs in particular) are to the overall DayZ experience, and we intend to bring this mechanic back to the game."

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

14 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

"We know how important broken body parts (legs in particular) are to the overall DayZ experience, and we intend to bring this mechanic back to the game."

Keyword there being "intend".  I certainly hope it makes it back in, but at this stage of the game, it isn't a certainty I would say.

17 hours ago, drgullen said:

Keyword there being "intend".  I certainly hope it makes it back in, but at this stage of the game, it isn't a certainty I would say.

i'm sure with Sumrak as Project Lead they will try and focus on bringing broken bones back into the game 😄 along side more improvements and changes and additions to weather system 

5 minutes ago, ast65 said:

update?

I'm also curious..

• Beans 1

...we're missing the changelog.

1 hour ago, ast65 said:

...we're missing the changelog.

The changes are on page one.

As I write this, there's been no changes to the experimental branch.  It's still the same version as Stable.  Curious as to why one might think there would be an update to 1.08.

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

As I write this, there's been no changes to the experimental branch.  It's still the same version as Stable.  Curious as to why one might think there would be an update to 1.08.

Because Steam downloaded an update to the experimental branch just now.

14 hours ago, Parazight said:

well, that's strange, I had a 17.5 mb update two days ago.

version numbers are the same, though (didn't check earlier).

Edited by ast65

"Fixed: Furniture does not block bullets"

Hey, just commenting from reality; common furniture like couches, tables, and chairs DON'T block bullets IRL. They slow them down, sure, but try to hide behind a couch, and even a .22LR can severely wound you.

Step up to handgun and rifle calibers, and you will suffer extreme injury and even death. Taking cover behind a couch or flipped over table is pure Hollywood fantasy, unless you have some seriously crazy furniture built with thick steel plate. Same goes with taking cover behind drywall and even linoleum siding; rifle rounds - even 5.56x45mm ball will pass right through with enough mass and energy intact to severely injure and even kill you.

Materials like brick, cinder block, concrete, and other Earthen materials used in building are far more effective at stopping rounds. Wooden fences and tin siding, on the other hand, not so much.

Just seems odd that a hyper-realistic oriented hardcore game (and it is hyper realistic; blood type matters in transfusions, ffs) would "fix," aka "remove" the feature of bullet penetration through soft targets like furniture which very rarely can stop a bullet enough to avoid injury (have AR500 target steel or a quarter inch of steel sheet metal bolted under that wooden dining table, and okay, now you have a viable shield). Even then, spalling/fragmentation of ammo after impact is a real danger, and can even be lethal in some cases.

It's not really a big deal to me or anything, but it is disheartening to see this step backwards in realism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goatroach said:

"Fixed: Furniture does not block bullets"

Hey, just commenting from reality; common furniture like couches, tables, and chairs DON'T block bullets IRL. They slow them down, sure, but try to hide behind a couch, and even a .22LR can severely wound you.

Step up to handgun and rifle calibers, and you will suffer extreme injury and even death. Taking cover behind a couch or flipped over table is pure Hollywood fantasy, unless you have some seriously crazy furniture built with thick steel plate. Same goes with taking cover behind drywall and even linoleum siding; rifle rounds - even 5.56x45mm ball will pass right through with enough mass and energy intact to severely injure and even kill you.

Materials like brick, cinder block, concrete, and other Earthen materials used in building are far more effective at stopping rounds. Wooden fences and tin siding, on the other hand, not so much.

Just seems odd that a hyper-realistic oriented hardcore game (and it is hyper realistic; blood type matters in transfusions, ffs) would "fix," aka "remove" the feature of bullet penetration through soft targets like furniture which very rarely can stop a bullet enough to avoid injury (have AR500 target steel or a quarter inch of steel sheet metal bolted under that wooden dining table, and okay, now you have a viable shield). Even then, spalling/fragmentation of ammo after impact is a real danger, and can even be lethal in some cases.

It's not really a big deal to me or anything, but it is disheartening to see this step backwards in realism.

iirc different materials already have different penetration modifiers.