jakub_bohemia

Experimental Update 1.08

Any chance of getting animal hitboxes fixed this update? :(

• Like 1

When I am using VOIP (only holding down key, not double pressing) and I close (only closing, not opening) my inventory, the VOIP icon goes away and stops transmitting my voice. I don't know if this is a bug of 1.08, or it is in 1.07 (I have not tried it but I don't remember getting it) or even if it is only in my computer.

I say in my computer because I was playing in a HDD and when I close (only closing, not opening) my inventory, I get a really small stutter. Maybe it is that little delay that "resets" the VOIP.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, jakub_bohemia said:

Hey Scott, if you have a recording it would be greatly appreciated. You can send it directly to me and I will pass it on to the devs.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:51 PM, William Sternritter said:

What noise is that, do you have a recording? 

Here you are... I put this together hopefully this is accurate and good enough for you to understand what's going on.

A fix for this issue would be greatly appreciated... Keep up your awesome work!  🙂

Edited by Getsome
  • Like 1
  • Beans 10

1 hour ago, scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au said:

Here you are... I put this together hopefully this is accurate and good enough for you to understand what's going on.

wow good sciencing.  have some beans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au

Some beans from me as well -- that was an excellent video demonstrating the problem.

@jakub_bohemia

You asked for this recording from Scott so you could "pass it on to the devs".  That statement would imply that they were not aware of this issue.  As Scott indicated at the end of his video, this issue has been around for quite some time -- dating back to mid-2019 IIRC.  How is it the devs aren't aware of it?  Seems odd to me.

• Like 1

Whole new update but ads is STILL broken. keep up the good work i guess..

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

@jakub_bohemia

You asked for this recording from Scott so you could "pass it on to the devs".  That statement would imply that they were not aware of this issue.  As Scott indicated at the end of his video, this issue has been around for quite some time -- dating back to mid-2019 IIRC.  How is it the devs aren't aware of it?  Seems odd to me.

Kudos to all the sciencing but, to play the devil's advocate, I think this video also demonstrates why devs are either not aware of this or do not consider it a big problem. With all the environmental sounds even here in this recording the pop is hardly noticeable and given how abruptly the game changes audio it sounds like a random sound not tied to anything in particular. I don't dispute that it is there but it is the reason why I also asked for a recording. I can honestly say that I have never noticed this sound in the game before. Now that I have awakened I'll try to listen for it specifically 😄 We have a farm with two cars on a private server so this should not be hard to replicate. 

• Beans 2

25 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Kudos to all the sciencing but, to play the devil's advocate, I think this video also demonstrates why devs are either not aware of this or do not consider it a big problem. With all the environmental sounds even here in this recording the pop is hardly noticeable and given how abruptly the game changes audio it sounds like a random sound not tied to anything in particular. I don't dispute that it is there but it is the reason why I also asked for a recording. I can honestly say that I have never noticed this sound in the game before. Now that I have awakened I'll try to listen for it specifically 😄 We have a farm with two cars on a private server so this should not be hard to replicate. 

Me putting this out there in no terms was I having a shot at the Dev's, it is impossible for them to be aware of every bug out there, that's why we're here, to help where we can.

As I mentioned at the end of my video in the text, that it may depend on the quality of your headphones.

If there is a car within 77m of me, I hear this sound, It's very loud in my headset, noise cancelling headset.

The guys I play with I have tuned them into it as well and they're able to pick up on it also, So it's not just a one-off unfortunately.

@scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au absolutely, may depend even on individual hearing, though the sound is noticeable, does not sound like something that is on the edges of hearable spectrum. Just it may also be very well dependent on other circumstances. I'll definitely try it out on the private server where generally speaking performance is superb since there are only two of us 😄 and even issues like the annoying ADS delay does not manifest there, cars are perfectly usable and so on. 

3 hours ago, drgullen said:

@scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au

Some beans from me as well -- that was an excellent video demonstrating the problem.

@jakub_bohemia

I checked. The devs are aware of it and are looking into it. I am the new guy and will be asking a lot of questions that have already been answered, I guess 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

6 hours ago, scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au said:

A fix for this issue would be greatly appreciated... Keep up your awesome work! 🙂

Perfect! Thanks for this 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Perfect! Thanks for this 🙂

10 hours ago, scott@thechatroomfacility.com.au said:

A fix for this issue would be greatly appreciated... Keep up your awesome work! 🙂

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

@jakub_bohemia

I use USB headphones with 7.1 emulation sound. I hear pop spawning loot and pop machines when a character cloud activates this process. If you repeat this several times, it may become clear about the direction of the source pop. Or changing the direction of approaching the source of pop, you can understand which direction is right for the search.

I heard pop with the release of 1.00, but I thought that it was very noticeable for everyone, and for developers, to hear this problem and pay attention to it.

Edited by lex__1

7 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

I checked. The devs are aware of it and are looking into it. I am the new guy and will be asking a lot of questions that have already been answered, I guess 🙂

That's good to hear and I hope it gets fixed soon since it's been present for a long time and easily detectable if you're wearing headphones.

I personally think this bug is a big deal given how rare it is to actually achieve finding, completing and driving a vehicle.  In Scott's video, you can see the car causing the click sound, but in normal game play, you usually cannot, meaning the click is like the car sending out a homing signal, telling players it is nearby.

I'm fine if a car I have going gets stolen by a player, but only if he finds it on his own and not from an audible aid that shouldn't be present.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

You hear the same sound when spawning in a vehicle using COT.

Lights seems to work very awkward sometimes.

From a live streaming:

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

So I tried it out for myself and now that I knew what I'm looking for not only I heard it but I realized that of course I heard it many times before. However; it sounds like a static crack in the headphones and while that seemed odd I never though it would be related to the game 🙂

• Beans 1

Is there any chance of the sun's rays being corrected? around these parameters it can be seen how the rays are divided into a kind of circles, it is not a continuous ray but many circles or shapes together4VdmQKj.jpgKRxZHQ1.jpg

10 hours ago, Roddis said:

Lights seems to work very awkward sometimes.

From a live streaming:

will we ever receive fix on light sources? all light sources (flares, glowing bars, flashlights, campfire, torches, etc.) go through the walls if you see them from a distance, night game is important and there is currently no way to make a campfire without the whole server knowing Not to mention that many times after 100m some light sources disappear

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, radamantyz said:

it is not a continuous ray but many circles or shapes together

This is called diffraction. It's absolutely right way of displaying if you see thru the transparent plastic or dusted glass, just try to look through the eyelashes at the sun or lamp.

Of course with the uncovered eyes the rays must be non-diffracted.

And the glare can be a real problem to see things clear if the sun is in front of you.

It's time to make sun glasses and tonned helmetes to be useful.

1. With naked eye you have all the brighness of ths sun glare.

2. If the glasses or helmet is wered on - the sun glare is reducted and screen become tinted depending from the color of the plastic/glass.

Edited by CatKiss
corrected
  • Beans 2

On 6/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, William Sternritter said:

I have noticed this sound, and over time I have learned that it signals not only cars but more or less anything dynamic or persistent in the world. Basically, whenever I hear that little pop I am warned that something of interest or potentially dangerous is in my vicinity - can be players, vehicles or containers. I have avoided ambushes and found stashes thanks to this, so it is real. I thought i had seen a ticket on the feedback tracker on the issue, but now that I'm looking for it I can't find it.

• Beans 1

Oh by the way, this old typo is STILL not fixed:

in cfglimitsdefinition.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

in db\types.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

But - in mapgroupproto.xml - <category name="vehicleparts" />

This causes the server to spam error messages about "unkown category: vehiclesparts".  It has been in the server files since release so maybe it is time to fix it? As a server owner it doesn't really take much time to fix it manually, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I have no experimental. Someone can check this, how the eye sight is synchronized with the sight sight, for a character lying on an inclined surface. Are there any corrections for this ticket?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128362

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 2

34 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I have noticed this sound, and over time I have learned that it signals not only cars but more or less anything dynamic or persistent in the world. Basically, whenever I hear that little pop I am warned that something of interest or potentially dangerous is in my vicinity - can be players, vehicles or containers. I have avoided ambushes and found stashes thanks to this, so it is real. I thought i had seen a ticket on the feedback tracker on the issue, but now that I'm looking for it I can't find it.

Yeah, now that I knew what to look for I also recognize the sound from game . To me it sounds like static crack so I did not associate it with the game or some event in particular. Especially with regards to cars which are easy to spot unless they are in buildings. But as you say, once you know what that sound means it is a dead giveaway. 

• Like 1