Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

On 12/4/2019 at 6:21 AM, Greensek said:

Thank you for the feedback, I'm sending everything to the dev team.

Let me know if you find more issues so we can take care of them as soon as possible.

Are hammers intended to degrade from use this fast?

This is about the Livonia map, as anyone noticed car parts loot alignments on static wrecks are discombobulated. They are.

Edited by SasGuatch

Slt petit question , c'est normal qu'on ne trouve pas de pommes sur livonia ?

A little question, is it normal that we can not find apples on livonia?

So with PS4, are they planning on doing anything with the cars? Because i'm tired of spending 3 days building a car just so i can drive it for 10 minutes only doing 20 mph without it lagging the whole game or when i drive it over a railroad track it glitches and my car jumps in the car and spins 15 times and ends up laying on its side and can't drive that shit anymore.

I wouldn't count on any miracle fixes for cars, nor would I ever expect any other types of transportation being a reality.

Please fix the bug ps4, livonia the lvn night googles disconnected and open is bug, the item loot bug , zombies ghost hit hit hit marker and disco and connexion is hard for the game, the new uptate is bug

on ps4 livonia and also cherno there is a problem with the night glasses, it cuts itself alone and turns on again intermittently, the zombies once on three are ghosts and impossible to make them damage, the items disappears or we can not  take, the update is a disaster on ps4, everything was fine for me and my friends and since then, we spend our time disconnected and disconnected and reconnect, server full no servers, and again the glasses that cut all  only I light them I move or not it turns off and on again alone

• Confused 1

Hello.

Please fix the bunch of small bugs like opening and closing doors while fighting zombies, hitting with melee weapon make the character walk forward (wtf) and bunch of other small glitches like this. I have to restart my game sometimes because i can't like loot an iten or wathever, and i'm running the game in a 1500€ machine so...I know this is a simulator, but cmon, keep up with the mechanics of other fps games. For example, the jump mechanic its just ridiculous. I love this game/simulator and I wanna see it improved.

Thanks you Bohemia.

I saw a video on Reddit where zombies looked to "horde up" a lot more in 1.06. https://v.redd.it/nq9s5n403w241

Looks like a single infected got alerted, went into an aggroed state and I think they made infected in that aggroed state emit noise that other infected AI are attracted to. At least that's what I think is happening. I don't remember this behavior ever happening for previous builds. One of those nice little surprises not included in patch notes. 

Either way, good job on improving infected. Still a lot to polish and clean up but it's a start! Please improve their climbing AI/give them an upwards reaching attack for 1.07. And if possible, give some buildings shattered doors so not every building is an instant safe zone or yknow give them the ability to break down doors. Only then will infected be a legitimate threat in DayZ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

I saw a video on Reddit where zombies looked to "horde up" a lot more in 1.06. https://v.redd.it/nq9s5n403w241

Looks like a single infected got alerted, went into an aggroed state and I think they made infected in that aggroed state emit noise that other infected AI are attracted to. At least that's what I think is happening. I don't remember this behavior ever happening for previous builds. One of those nice little surprises not included in patch notes. 

Either way, good job on improving infected. Still a lot to polish and clean up but it's a start! Please improve their climbing AI/give them an upwards reaching attack for 1.07. And if possible, give some buildings shattered doors so not every building is an instant safe zone or yknow give them the ability to break down doors. Only then will infected be a legitimate threat in DayZ. 

It has happened for a long time actually, it's just that in 1.01 or even 1.0, don't remember, they reduced the range at which nearby infected will react to the aggro scream. I had one experience where one zombie on the roof of the school in Berezino saw me and kept screaming so infected came running from everywhere. I couldn't go outside until I managed to rush into the school and kill her...

Seems from that video - and my own experiences in 1.06 - that devs increased that range again? Would be great if they did, it has been way to easy to kill zeds off one at a time if you don't make noise. And yeah, I look forward to the day they start kicking in doors...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

Dear BI,

Allow me to start by thanking you for this great game. You have done it, you really you hit the spot!!!

Also, many thanks for the last update, it is a blast; fixing almost all bugs is always a priority with you guys, and it is notable in this almost bug-free update, how much you care for us the players and do any possible effort to provide us versions of a bug free game, well, except the ones I will mention below, which are acceptable, as the new features are insanely impressing and complex.

The bugs I found:

1. I can't remove a cassette from the cassette player in the truck, I need to exit and re-enter the truck for changing cassettes, which is annoying since each cassette is holding one song, so long drives require many stops to listen to full albom, or when just getting tired of the same song. - This doesn't happen in the cargo truck only in the naked version (tow truck???).
  2.  Also when trying to remove a cassette from a cassette player in houses it doesn't work, I need to reconnect in order to accomplish this simple task.
  3. Regarding the bears, they are very violent, nevertheless, I was able to catch a bear using the special rope hanging on my backpack, he walked fine and stayed where  it was tied, I logged out for 10 min, when logging back in, the bear disappeared and only the improvised leash was near the tree, is this a bug or feature (the bear has escaped?), when tying wolves they stay where tied, but they don't bark or attack Z's -  is it a canin feature of domestication or a bug?
  4. When writing in the notebook using  black and blue pens the writing appears, when using other colors the writing disappear (tried using red and yellow).
  5. We had many issues regarding base building, but we will give that a seperate post since base building was never the focus of the update.

That's it for now, I will keep on looking for bugs as my main duty is QA for free (well, I do pay for the game so it is not exactly free).

P.S.

We loved the Livonia trailer, it was an exact description of the update that came.

Best Regards,

The Captain

Legal Definition of false advertising:
The crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public.

Edited by CAPT. Diablo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Beans 3

On 12/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, DISPLACER88 said:

All of these are good points but I’d like to add that making food more scarce and energy consumption higher was plain stupid! One or the other would have been fine but not combining the effects! I have 3 fresh spawn characters that are on the brink of death and absolutely ALL of my time in game is spent searching for my next meal to no avail! Eating 4 chicken breast’s gives you about 10 minutes worth of energy to find more food or you’ll be on the brink of death again.

People don’t die of starvation after just 10 minutes! Fix your broken game!

OffTopic:
I’ve been a DayZ veteran for over 5 years and never felt the need to write a post until having such a terrible experience with the game yesterday. I am extremely disappointed with the progress of this game.  I will not be purchasing any DLC from Bohemia until they fulfill their promises of what was supposed to be in the base game! I refuse to fund this robbery of wallets while they drag this out to continue getting a paycheck!

I agree, as a veteran who always wanted to be the game to be as hard and harsh as possible - but this is ridiculous.

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, CAPT. Diablo said:

Dear BI,

Allow me to start by thanking you for this great game. You have done it, you really you hit the spot!!!

Also, many thanks for the last update, it is a blast; fixing almost all bugs is always a priority with you guys, and it is notable in this almost bug-free update, how much you care for us the players and do any possible effort to provide us versions of a bug free game, well, except the ones I will mention below, which are acceptable, as the new features are insanely impressing and complex.

The bugs I found:

1. I can't remove a cassette from the cassette player in the truck, I need to exit and re-enter the truck for changing cassettes, which is annoying since each cassette is holding one song, so long drives require many stops to listen to full albom, or when just getting tired of the same song. - This doesn't happen in the cargo truck only in the naked version (tow truck???).
  2.  Also when trying to remove a cassette from a cassette player in houses it doesn't work, I need to reconnect in order to accomplish this simple task.
  3. Regarding the bears, they are very violent, nevertheless, I was able to catch a bear using the special rope hanging on my backpack, he walked fine and stayed where  it was tied, I logged out for 10 min, when logging back in, the bear disappeared and only the improvised leash was near the tree, is this a bug or feature (the bear has escaped?), when tying wolves they stay where tied, but they don't bark or attack Z's -  is it a canin feature of domestication or a bug?
  4. When writing in the notebook using  black and blue pens the writing appears, when using other colors the writing disappear (tried using red and yellow).
  5. We had many issues regarding base building, but we will give that a seperate post since base building was never the focus of the update.

That's it for now, I will keep on looking for bugs as my main duty is QA for free (well, I do pay for the game so it is not exactly free).

P.S.

We loved the Livonia trailer, it was an exact description of the update that came.

Best Regards,

The Captain

Legal Definition of false advertising:
The crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public.

I think this is one of the most brilliant pieces of comedy posted on these boards, on par with that Australian fella John Clarke ("the front fell off"). If it's not what I think it is, then you might be insane in just about the most beautiful way, so please never ever change. Either way, have my beans. Thanks!

"Canine feature of domestication" *snickers*

• Beans 4

Can't hear gun sounds coming from near. Can't pic up items usually if there is another player near. Car's wobble at the spot. Pour water from the water bottle to the car radiator. After that you can't use your water bottle. You starve to death after 10 minutes? Even if your thirst meter is full? wtf? Human can survive without food for days, if he has water.

Livonia looks nice. Storms look nice. That's about it.

When server is full, nothing works!

All these problems have been there forever. Patch after patch same problems remain or even some very old bugs come back.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 5:30 AM, Greensek said:

The team is currently investigating issues with the inventory that might result in trouble picking up items or sorting them in the inventory

Two weeks since the release and no hotfix for the inventory bug? It's game breaking.... I need to move stuff around in my containers, or put them in my hands so I can drop them but I can't get them! It's so annoying. This is something that needs to be hotfixed!

22 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

Two weeks since the release and no hotfix for the inventory bug?

Is it 17 of december already? Damn, time to get some presents ready.

Seriously though, its been 3 working days since release. Cut them some slag.

• Beans 1

41 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Is it 17 of december already? Damn, time to get some presents ready.

Seriously though, its been 3 working days since release. Cut them some slag.

I guess I was going by the date of the original post, which I forgot was when it was posted in the experimental release thread. Still, a game breaking bug like this deserves an immediate hotfix. They should look to the devs of SCUM for guidance on how devs address major bugs, even on a weekend.

I'm not sure why they changed how the inventory works.  It's been problems since the new in-hands/ghost item was re-introduced.  I thought the old design was fine.  I liked the 1.05 system.  In my opinion, there should just be an icon that appears near your hotbar when you're holding something that might get dropped.  Having the current safety net seems out of place.  

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

I'm not sure why they changed how the inventory works.  It's been problems since the new in-hands/ghost item was re-introduced.  I thought the old design was fine.  I liked the 1.05 system.  In my opinion, there should just be an icon that appears near your hotbar when you're holding something that might get dropped.  Having the current safety net seems out of place.  

You don't know why they changed it? Let me explain you~

In real life, if you take a can out of your bag it will still remain inside (Out of Phase). This is basic quantum mechanics. Everyone knows that, it's what they teach you at the kindergarden. *eyerolls* But jokes aside, this is how it really works in real life. I do that all the time at the grocery. I just give them a bag of quantum manipulated moneybags and as soon as I am home I place the money on the ground and voilá. Profit! I literally shopped for free. I am sure this is an illegal life-hack, but who cares.

Sometimes my money glitches and multiplies when I go to bed. But yap.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

Because as in real life, you will not put other stuff in your phone pocket, the game desperately needed a similar slot reservation system. When you pull a gun from your jacket or holster you want to put it back there and not in your backpack or the frikin' cooking pot.

If you were happy with that, I guess you're one of those people looking for keys for two minutes, searching all their pockets and bags, each time they want to get home. 

The inventory worked fine in 1.05, and it used simple placeholders, they were just invisible. I usually have an empty backpack and a full vest and pants, all the items always went back to their last known location in the inventory.

And this new placeholder is telling me what I already know, it just added unnecessary bugs.

We have much more pressing issues here, like desync and lag problems and missing content(!).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

I guess I was going by the date of the original post, which I forgot was when it was posted in the experimental release thread. Still, a game breaking bug like this deserves an immediate hotfix. They should look to the devs of SCUM for guidance on how devs address major bugs, even on a weekend.

but SCUM runs like poo and is on what i call a commercial engine... Unreal Engine 4 ... which is far easier to use and maintain and fix bugs... and then you compare it to highly complex quantum engine that is DayZ's Enfusion/Real Virtuality engine hybrid it's kinda tough to fix bugs i guess. It's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

but SCUM runs like poo and is on what i call a commercial engine... Unreal Engine 4 ... which is far easier to use and maintain and fix bugs... and then you compare it to highly complex quantum engine that is DayZ's Enfusion/Real Virtuality engine hybrid it's kinda tough to fix bugs i guess. It's just my opinion.

SCUM runs smooth for me.

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

It is their engine, shouldn't that make it easier to fix bugs, since you know, they made it? Also I wouldn't call it a "highly complex quantum engine". They can't even do a lot of stuff right because of it and it also prevents certain features making it into the game. Think they were better off with Unity or Unreal Engine.

6 hours ago, Tarkules said:

The inventory worked fine in 1.05, and it used simple placeholders, they were just invisible. I usually have an empty backpack and a full vest and pants, all the items always went back to their last known location in the inventory.

Somewhere in the early 1.05 they did but not anymore. Last few session before the 1.06 update items in hands no longer returned to their original position. 

Furthermore, this prevents other items to occupy the space of item in hands, which is a good thing. It was most annoying to pickup one item from the ground and find out that it took exactly the spot where your knife or pistol was.