Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

Just now, Mookie (original) said:

With your national background I'd take a little more care with that word.

my national background is communist not nazi... you confused us with Croatia... now let's stop talking about this i don't wanna get banned for dumb stuff

• Like 1

Just now, drgullen said:

I've just reported you both, I suggest you stop now and get back to topic.

i just agreed with that

Well, another huge disappointment.  You get stuck after selecting quick slot.  Doors don't make noises.  Can't open food.  Shoot boar point blank with shotgun, nothing.  Build fireplace, nothing there. Shoot zombie, no affect.  Constant lag and freezing.  Customize character won't save, if you die, you have to exit sever, and customize again, or you will get stuck with a random character who won't change unless you find a way to commit suicide.  Then you have to exit the server again for customization to apply each time waiting in ridiculous long queue.  And when you finally get in, game crashes and you do it all again.  Horrible, terrible garbage.  Can't believe devs tested nothing, or tested and released as garbage knowingly.  Was much happier with 1.05 even though that has major issues too.

4 minutes ago, Steve Buscher said:

Well, another huge disappointment.  You get stuck after selecting quick slot.  Doors don't make noises.  Can't open food.  Shoot boar point blank with shotgun, nothing.  Build fireplace, nothing there. Shoot zombie, no affect.  Constant lag and freezing.  Customize character won't save, if you die, you have to exit sever, and customize again, or you will get stuck with a random character who won't change unless you find a way to commit suicide.  Then you have to exit the server again for customization to apply each time waiting in ridiculous long queue.  And when you finally get in, game crashes and you do it all again.  Horrible, terrible garbage.  Can't believe devs tested nothing, or tested and released as garbage knowingly.  Was much happier with 1.05 even though that has major issues too.

You're lucky to even get in tbh. 

Are there any trucks, cassette players or books in this update ?

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Tarkules said:

Are there any trucks, cassette players or books in this update ?

No. Nor have the bears invaded Chernarus.

@Greensek here's some general feedback:

• The bear spawn event in events.xml for Chernarus is inactive. Whether this is an oversight or intended only devs can tell us. I activated the script manually on my server, but if any bears are spawning I have no idea.
  • Why in all the High Hells would you share hive between Livonia and Chernarus? Of all the weird decisions over the last year this is one of the strangest. Geared folks spawning all over newspawn areas, killing freshies and reducing it all to a deathmatch... Glad I don't play on public servers. Gods below.
  • My ada apparently had its radiator ruined by the update. Either that, or you guys re-implemented the need to use engine oil without telling anyone? Either way my dear 4x4 is now dead. Long live my ada. Also felt a bit weird that it received a paint job overnight. Easier that way than just make newly spawned adas be green by default?
  • Looting and inventory desync bug still comes and goes, this needs to be fixed quickly. Thought this was taken care of in exp actually, had no problems last day on exp.
  • Felling a great big pine tree with an axe should take more than one rotation of the wheel. It is now quicker to take down a huge tree than a small bush. Must be a bug?
  • Firewood burns way too fast. I had to go through two whole pines to cook five steaks...
  • Broken bones needs to be re-implemented quickly. Until the dreamed skeleton simulation and ragdoll can be developed, please do a placeholder "fake" simulation, using limping, forced prone and strong weapon sway. Hint hint look at "Medical Attention" mod (caugh). This should not require a mod, it should be in vanilla.
  • I like that you can stumble and fall if you are standing on loose items. Dunno if intended, but is a funny effect. Might be to combat item stacking to get places we aren't supposed to?
  • Animals seem to sometimes not understand that you shoot them, or their bleed mechanic is not working properly. Shooting a deer once and then following until it drops has been my strategy since forever. Doesn't work now, they just run off and disappear. I have to mow them down with auto or I won't get any meat - and with the damage vs yield change it means I don't get much...
Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Derleth said:
  • The bear spawn event in events.xml for Chernarus is inactive. Whether this is an oversight or intended only devs can tell us. I activated the script manually on my server, but if any bears are spawning I have no idea.
  • Why in all the High Hells would you share hive between Livonia and Chernarus? Of all the weird decisions over the last year this is one of the strangest. Geared folks spawning all over newspawn areas, killing freshies and reducing it all to a deathmatch... Glad I don't play on public servers. Gods below.
  • My ada apparently had its radiator ruined by the update. Either that, or you guys re-implemented the need to use engine oil without telling anyone? Either way my dear 4x4 is now dead. Long live my ada. Also felt a bit weird that it received a paint job overnight. Easier that way than just make newly spawned adas be green by default?
  • Looting and inventory desync bug still comes and goes, this needs to be fixed quickly. Thought this was taken care of in exp actually, had no problems last day on exp.
  • Felling a great big pine tree with an axe should take more than one rotation of the wheel. It is now quicker to take down a huge tree than a small bush. Must be a bug?
  • Firewood burns way too fast. I had to go through two whole pines to cook five steaks...
  • Broken bones needs to be re-implemented quickly. Until the dreamed skeleton simulation and ragdoll can be developed, please do a placeholder "fake" simulation, using limping, forced prone and strong weapon sway. Hint hint look at "Medical Attention" mod (caugh). This should not require a mod, it should be in vanilla.
  • I like that you can stumble and fall if you are standing on loose items. Dunno if intended, but is a funny effect. Might be to combat item stacking to get places we aren't supposed to?
  • Animals seem to sometimes not understand that you shoot them, or their bleed mechanic is not working properly. Shooting a deer once and then following until it drops has been my strategy since forever. Doesn't work now, they just run off and disappear. I have to mow them down with auto or I won't get any meat - and with the damage vs yield change it means I don't get much...

I can confirm almost all of the above - although I took down a cow with two blasts of buckshot no problem - it reacted to my first shot an started running, killed it with my second with almost perfect yield (all steaks > 95%)
taking down animals with "auto" just doesn't sound right, so is seems plausible there would not be any meat left 😉

• Like 1

The reoccurring inventory sync problems after 7(!) years is just an utter embarrasment for all DayZ "veterans" who are trying to bring their friends back to the game.
At one point i was only able to put items in the lower half of the backpacks (all containers, actually) and then move them up while they were in there.
Explaining this as a workaround to a fellow player - who already is skeptical of the game and rightfully so - is just so awfully dumb it makes me want to abandon the game immediately again.

After all these years and all the improvements (many of which came at the price of content) - it still feel's like we're trying to trick the game into letting us play it. That's just not right.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, themightylc said:

The reoccurring inventory sync problems after 7(!) years is just an utter embarrasment for all DayZ "veterans" who are trying to bring their friends back to the game.
At one point i was only able to put items in the lower half of the backpacks (all containers, actually) and then move them up while they were in there.
Explaining this as a workaround to a fellow player - who already is skeptical of the game and rightfully so - is just so awfully dumb it makes me want to abandon the game immediately again.

After all these years and all the improvements (many of which came at the price of content) - it still feel's like we're trying to trick the game into letting us play it. That's just not right.

Agreed, that this problem pops up again and again every other build is really strange. It did not happen in the 1.06 build we played during the Livonia beta, so it is new to the builds that came after. It was reported immediately when 1.06 experimental started, yet managed to slip into Stable all the same. 😞

Anyway, for me the workaround of putting stuff in my hands works all the time, no "dead zones" in containers that way. It's just that you want to keep a weapon in your hands when looting in high risk areas...

Edited by Derleth

Played last night on our public server (Chernarus)

1. Cars can injure the player when standing too close too them, especially when the engine is running. One of us almost died to this bug because he got stuck on the door somehow while exiting, luckily he logged out quickly before he died.

2. The Gunter can barely accelerate uphill when starting to drive on dirt / anything but asphalt.

3. The ADA has a bug / visual glitch in its grill, there is a timing belt popping out of it. (I'm pretty sure I saw this bug on 0.63 last year).

4. We had many inventory problems last night especially with cars and barrels, had to relog many times to fix those problem. Specific slots did not syncronize, showed empty while they were not.

5. The radio in Altar Broadcast Station is now working - Thank you !

6. The 9×19 bullets are too weak now, had to shoot each zombie twice in the head to kill it.

7. Dropped a rifle on the stairs of a watchtower, could not pick it up until relog.

8. Wolves attacked me while sitting in car with doors - and I got injured ( + fast rate of blood loss)

9. Cannot place the M4 polymer handgrip in the inventory of any car. Maybe its bugged, maybe it's related to problem #4 above.

10. Tried to fix a "damaged" Saiga (Vaiga) with a weapon cleaning kit which was 3/4 full, the kit disappeared and the weapon remained "damaged". Only duct tape could repair it.

11. Small batteries gets empty too quickly now. This is a big problem for us, since we avoid 3rd party chats and channels, we use only voice and radios. Also, the batteries cannot be charged so communication is more difficult now since we need to waste much time to find new ones.

12. The rain looks amazing now.

13. No trucks, no music, no books - no fun.

Edited by Tarkules
Grammar...
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

Thank you for the feedback, I'm sending everything to the dev team.

Let me know if you find more issues so we can take care of them as soon as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

14 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

With your national background I'd take a little more care with that word.

Pmsl 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, Greensek said:

Anyone who owns the Livonia DLC, will be able to freely switch between Chernarus and Livonia servers, with the same character.

Interesting...

6 hours ago, Greensek said:

Let me know if you find more issues so we can take care of them as soon as possible.

There are several flying objects all over Livonia, from the looks of it some barrels and benches. Can't say for sure if those are only static objects or also loot.

Anyone who owns the Livonia DLC, will be able to freely switch between Chernarus and Livonia servers, with the same character.

1 hour ago, chodeofwar said:

Interesting...

More like most idiotic idea ever. Trying to push everyone to community servers?

1 hour ago, chodeofwar said:

Interesting...

Interesting or a complete oversight?

I guess the Devs stopped playing their own game. This 1.06 should have never gone to stable. Its not like we didn't warn Them in the exp build...... Ow wait.... We did.

Almost everything they say they fixed is still there. 

Devs you do know that a plumber checks the pipes if the fix worked or not?! You should try it sometime.  

What a waste...of time and resources

You guys are clueless. Please sell this potential gem to developers who still have Passion. Ya'll lost it. 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

Hello! I can't buy this dlc, it's as if it does not exist on the playstation store, although my friends can get it. I downloaded the update but when I "Open store" to buy it it's not there. I'm from Sweden , is it not released here yet?

1 hour ago, Yamik said:

Hello! I can't buy this dlc, it's as if it does not exist on the playstation store, although my friends can get it. I downloaded the update but when I "Open store" to buy it it's not there. I'm from Sweden , is it not released here yet?

There has been some mixup at PSN, they're aware and working to fix it.

All of these are good points but I’d like to add that making food more scarce and energy consumption higher was plain stupid! One or the other would have been fine but not combining the effects! I have 3 fresh spawn characters that are on the brink of death and absolutely ALL of my time in game is spent searching for my next meal to no avail! Eating 4 chicken breast’s gives you about 10 minutes worth of energy to find more food or you’ll be on the brink of death again.

People don’t die of starvation after just 10 minutes! Fix your broken game!

OffTopic:
I’ve been a DayZ veteran for over 5 years and never felt the need to write a post until having such a terrible experience with the game yesterday. I am extremely disappointed with the progress of this game.  I will not be purchasing any DLC from Bohemia until they fulfill their promises of what was supposed to be in the base game! I refuse to fund this robbery of wallets while they drag this out to continue getting a paycheck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

I like to see they want me to spend money on a yet unfinished game.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Tarkules said:

The rain looks amazing now.

During the day, yes. During the night it is horrible, it's like it is glowing, this picture (view in full size) is even from a server with the Personal Night Light turned OFF.. It's nauseating, it looks like static from bad reception on the TV in the 90's. In combination with how insanely loud the rain is when it's max pouring, I'm forced to just log out during the night when it's raining.

88B87F95D989507182E9E036EB49DA0B512C4751

17 hours ago, Seitan said:

More like most idiotic idea ever. Trying to push everyone to community servers?

I seriously cannot believe that this (Hive system) is STILL a thing, and now they've made it even worse. The whole map of Livonia is just a big military zone for fuck sake, and with how the loot spawns have been since 1.05 where what used to be a single room spawning military loot, now the whole surrounding area spawns military loot, same with medical, police etc. It has basically 5x multiplied the amount of loot, when it instead actually needed to be nerfed badly.

The whole hive system should be removed, it only disrupts the player flow and completely ruins dayz on the official servers. I honestly can't see a single reason for this being a feature in the game, if you want to switch servers, you start a new character. Please STOP catering to the damn loot babies that want this to be call of duty, PLEASE! And wipe the servers once in a while, the performance is so fucking bad it's unplayable. Loot hoarding and basebuilding should not be a focus in vanilla dayz.

Edited by TAMW
  • Beans 4