Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

Hello Survivors,

We released an update for the Experimental Servers with some tweaks and fixes.

See below:

GAME Update 1.06.152802 (22.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server crash connected to flying vehicles
  • Fixed: Players could get launched off buildings just after leaving a ladder
  • Fixed: Animals would slide during certain animations
  • Fixed: An exploit abusing a building occluder
  • Fixed: Mich2001Helmet no longer gets wet
  • Fixed: Clipping camera when using the BK-133 shotgun in iron sights

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Worn clothes should dry up faster near a fireplace
  • Tweaked: Slightly increased the night-time temperature on Chernarus

The first post was updated.

Thank You,

Greensek

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Since you are tweaking the absorbency and Heat Isolation values on clothing (probably thinking about Livonia or a harsh weather) can you adjust:

• Tactical Gloves and Surgical Gloves should also be Waterproof (Absorbency 0)
  • Wool Coat should retain more heat (0.80 Isolation at least, current value is 0.35). Thats worst than a Hoodie (0.50) or a Denim Jacket (0.50) right now.

Thanks

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 1
  • Beans 6

20 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hello Survivors,

We released an update for the Experimental Servers with some tweaks and fixes.

See below:

FIXED

• Fixed: A server crash connected to flying vehicles
  • Fixed: Players could get launched off buildings just after leaving a ladder
  • Fixed: Animals would slide during certain animations
  • Fixed: An exploit abusing a building occluder
  • Fixed: Mich2001Helmet no longer gets wet
  • Fixed: Clipping camera when using the BK-133 shotgun in iron sights

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Worn clothes should dry up faster near a fireplace
  • Tweaked: Slightly increased the night-time temperature on Chernarus

The first post was updated.

Thank You,

Greensek

Nice! No mention of the inventory desync that has been happening a lot on the experimental servers. Is that issue acknowledged? 

Other than that, wouldn't it be awesome to prevent vehicles from flying, not just fix the crashes it causes? 🙃

And wet clothes should not dry as fast when you don't have a fire. Any faster now (with fire) and it must be near instantaneous..

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

Just now, Asmondian said:

Wool Coat shouls retain more heat (0.80 Isolation at least, current 0.35). Its worst than a Hoodie (0.50) right now or a Denim Jacket (0.50)

Thanks

Omg! I always assumed wool coats were warm as f. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups, as the saying goes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Greensek said:

My Exp server is on version 152804. Was there another small update in the last few minutes?

please fix the inventory problem, its the principal issue in the exp, the game is close to unplayable because cant take items the 80% of the time.

It is one of the worst experimental in a long time and there is still no update that attacks these problems.

The light disappear at 100m+ Is it something of your knowledge? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146356

already tested with, flashlight, Glow Sticks, road flare, Gas Lamp

Edited by radamantyz

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

Omg! I always assumed wool coats were warm as f. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups, as the saying goes.

I assumed the exact same thing! 

• Like 1

When there is a thunderstorm, there is thunder, there is lightning, there is the sound of rain, but there is no rain itself.

Mich2001Helmet no longer gets wet , and the tactical helmet also can not get wet now?

Spent about 2 hours on the US exp server since the EU one was full with a queue. I did not get the inventory/hands desync issue once, which was very promising. On the other hand there were four or five cases of severe lag spikes where the whole picture froze for 1-2 seconds, similar to the lag spikes that can be caused by overlarge bases on modded servers. This kind of lag spike has not been around in vanilla for a long time, so whatever causes it is new to this particular build.

Edited by Derleth

The only 1st person only server UK 0-4 has been offline for a few hours now, is that intentional?

Finally got to playing a bit of EXP in Chernarus and three major observations:

1. Issue with picking up items. It manifests in several ways, results are the same and it is not 100% persistent. So, items cannot be picked up straight from the ground. When picking up item via inventory it is necessary to put the item somewhere first. For example, cannot put the item right into backpack, but must put it fist to hands or pants and then to backpack.
2. Temperature and fireplace. Temperature drops off rapidly even when wearing clothing commonly regarded as warm, such as pea coat. Movement would not warm me up as much as I thought it would and the temperature would again drop rapidly as soon as I stood still. What was more puzzling was warming up near fire. So the fire has small radius granted, however; even standing practically on top of the fireplace it would not warm me up. My temperature went slightly into white and not only would drop immediately as soon as I took a step back, but more importantly it would not rise at all. Indicator was even pointing downwards after a while, even when still standing at the fire. 
3. Loot economy, let's call it missing items. Now this is not new to the current EXP build but I want to bring it up in the light of recent discussions on the topic of too much loot. The thing is, there is always at least one, very common, item obviously missing. This time it were knifes. On one hand I found all the food in the world and if I didn't know any better I would say OMG there's too much food bring back hardcore survival. On the other hand I could not find a single knife of any kind. Steak knife, kitchen knife, hunting knife ... nothing. Not a single one. And it is always something like this, sewing kits, axes, duck tape ... very common item but it's missing. As if the type had some either restriction or just did not spawn at all. And it will remain so until server restart.

When will cars be fixed on all platforms @Greensek like with no excuses,  when will the only endgame item be 100% usable.  Because for some reason bohemia thinks it's okay to not communicate with us. Vehicles have been broken since the beginning. 

On 11/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Jonas Levin said:

It would have been so nice if you guys had made a clear statement here on the forum about the date this would drop.

Most of the Xbox-community was expecting both this and Livonia to drop today as Xbox Insider had claimed it would a month ago and there have been utter confusion about what is happening ever since.

Bah.

Xbox lied. Xbox sucks.

• Beans 1

It's been 2 months can we at least get something? Like just fix the inventory and I'll be fine. I don't care about anything else except the fact that I can't store good guns in fear of never retrieving them from said storage.

10 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Finally got to playing a bit of EXP in Chernarus and three major observations:

1. Issue with picking up items. It manifests in several ways, results are the same and it is not 100% persistent. So, items cannot be picked up straight from the ground. When picking up item via inventory it is necessary to put the item somewhere first. For example, cannot put the item right into backpack, but must put it fist to hands or pants and then to backpack.
2. Temperature and fireplace. Temperature drops off rapidly even when wearing clothing commonly regarded as warm, such as pea coat. Movement would not warm me up as much as I thought it would and the temperature would again drop rapidly as soon as I stood still. What was more puzzling was warming up near fire. So the fire has small radius granted, however; even standing practically on top of the fireplace it would not warm me up. My temperature went slightly into white and not only would drop immediately as soon as I took a step back, but more importantly it would not rise at all. Indicator was even pointing downwards after a while, even when still standing at the fire. 
3. Loot economy, let's call it missing items. Now this is not new to the current EXP build but I want to bring it up in the light of recent discussions on the topic of too much loot. The thing is, there is always at least one, very common, item obviously missing. This time it were knifes. On one hand I found all the food in the world and if I didn't know any better I would say OMG there's too much food bring back hardcore survival. On the other hand I could not find a single knife of any kind. Steak knife, kitchen knife, hunting knife ... nothing. Not a single one. And it is always something like this, sewing kits, axes, duck tape ... very common item but it's missing. As if the type had some either restriction or just did not spawn at all. And it will remain so until server restart.

I said exactly this. Somehow the 1.06 gave chernarus no love regarding harshness. Its too easy to survive.

The knifes are there mate. Keep looking. Dont forget Hunt towers they tend too spawn knives at Times. 

But yes dayZ has a tendency too not give you the loot you are really looking for. Its always been like that. Look for something else instead. You Will find a knife after that. DayZ logic  😁

Can you confirm if 1.06 is coming out in November or Early December? xD like god damn it's been a long time since Open beta xD

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Can you confirm if 1.06 is coming out in November or Early December?

they have been confirming very accurate release times for every patch since the beginning of developement.....

"it will be released when its ready"

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

they have been confirming very accurate release times for every patch since the beginning of developement.....

"it will be released when its ready"

you haven't heard of this thing called ETA ? i'm not asking for specific date... but a month...

• Like 1

Honestly, it's not ready to come out yet.  1.06 has been an extra-special buggy patch so far.

These are just my guesses, but I'd say we'll probably get another 1.06 Experimental patch this coming week and if that one is much better than the last one, maybe we'll see 1.06 and Livonia hit stable early in December.  They no doubt want Livonia out before Christmas, so it'll drop sometime between now and then most likely.

Screaming "when is it coming out?" at them is pointless you know -- they haven't told us specific release dates/months/periods for 1.01 though 1.05, what made you think this one was going to be any different?  It'll be out when's it out.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Oh and regarding server anti-hopping, I might as well post it here but it occurs on both EXP and stable, it's even worse than it used to be. Now it triggers EVERY TIME player changes servers. Two recent examples:

1. On stable; died exit to menu to avoid spawning as a random character, adjusted my char, select a different server, click play and got treated with the anti-hopping message, prolonged timer and all. Spawned on a random meadow in the woods.
2. On EXP, decided to change servers, so exit to menu, select another server and start. However; I had a different character on that other server. Again, anti-hopping message and random spawn point.

I'm quite certain this is not how it should work.