Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

I have now played a couple of hours of this 1.06 experimental on one of those DE servers under the community tab. Some observations:

• Spawned east of Elektro at dusk and noticed that the hoodie will no longer keep you comfortably warm, my character kept shivering with the temp gauge at blue until I had found a wool coat, hat, gloves and better shoes. Never so cold that I lost health though, that seems to be only when you're wet. Too early to know for sure, but I suppose going a long time cold like this (just cold, not lose-health-and-die-hypothermic) will bring a higher risk of getting a cold.
  • As night fell I searched Elektro by torchlight and noted that there has been some adjustment to movement in melee, when you swing weapons it seems they tend to pull you to the side if you do it carelessly (attack spam), so keeping the zombies in front of me was more of a struggle than previously. Felt odd but I suppose I'll get used to it.
  • Zombies do not cause cuts as often now, and a sweet blessing that is because when they do they open you up, bleeding rate has increased again.
  • Later on I found both a Blaze and double barrel shotty, the blaze turned out to be poorly aligned when carried on your right shoulder, it is lodged inside the character's arm, looks really bad and needs to be looked at.
  • There is noticeably less food both in houses and looted from infected, when my food slipped into the low yellow I tried eating rotten fruit and soon heaved my (meagre) stomach contents on the ground. Pretty sure bad fruit had no effect in 1.05.
  • Anyway after that I found some fresh fruit and survived long enough to find myself a fishing hook, so I went on to fish in the pond north of Elektro where I caught a mackerel. I am not a marine biologist, but I'm pretty sure those only live in the sea so you'll need to look at what fish is caught where in Chernarus. In the Livonia beta I only caught carps.
  • There is some inventory desync happening where you cannot loot things directly into your inventory, you press F and the character does the animation but the item stays on the ground. I missed a few valuables this way before I figured out that taking it to you hands first (hold F) will let you drag it to your bags. I'd say this needs to be fixed before stable.
  • The black inventory thing from Livonia beta did not happen so that seems to be fixed.
  • Last but not least - server performance seemed solid. None of the jittery infected or laggy doors.

All in it looks solid and free of major issues, although I hope that inventory thing is fixed before it goes to stable. Not being able to pick stuff up is one of those things that will trigger aggressive rants. The tougher survival is very welcome, going to be a tough transition for the folks who have grown too used to the simple settings in current vanilla.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Fmr said:

Hello, with the IZH Shotgun, when we are down and we advance we hear a sound of blow ax or knife, it's very annoying to be discreet it's not great, plz fix that

PS: remove the stamina ... 😞

you joined 47 minutes ago just to say that? xD The Shotgun sound bug is already known... and removing the stamina will NEVER officially happen... there's the answer for that 🙂

• Beans 2

28 minutes ago, Derleth said:

• There is some inventory desync happening where you cannot loot things directly into your inventory, you press F and the character does the animation but the item stays on the ground. I missed a few valuables this way before I figured out that taking it to you hands first (hold F) will let you drag it to your bags. I'd say this needs to be fixed before stable.

this happend way before 1.06... i belive it started since 1.04... i didn't noticed it before that... it may also start with 1.05 but not really sure on that one... but i am sure it's 1.04 and above 🙂

Bears are not in the game. Just checked. Not even the territory files for them are in. Why say that it is when its not?.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Bears are not in the game. Just checked. Not even the territory files for them are in. Why say that it is when its not?.

Hahah you still believe in the devs? community modders are better, and has more stuffs, is really sad.. but you can still wait infected zones, base building fix, inventory bugs fix, loot bugs fix, etc. all this stuff when the version was 0.63 they promise fix on 1.0 "NO BETA ANYMORE" and after 1.0 they promise post 1.0 they will fix but 1.06 and nothing change hahah... I could see the "breakthrough" of the game since 2013 that was when I bought it.. They had to change everything .. the graphics engine and implement errors ... cof cof "fix" errors. I could spend hours talking about every detail of bugs and bug fixes that they did .. but instead of fixing important things they decide to implement things that don't work .. An example is the vehicles .. they are flying from the beginning and continue to take out new vehicles .. Why? to float new ones? hahaha

36 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Read the full post next time, it says clearly: Known issues - bears not spawning. They probably didn't have time to finish the "bear_territories" file before today. Judging by Greensek's comment it will be patched in before stable release.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I'm still believe devs. DayZ is a masterpiece , but he has a lot of problems.

About 1.06 :  

tactical helmet has a wet status, please pay attention to this defect (not test other hats)

there are still problems with raising objects, dragging and dropping objects, incorrect display of objects in hands (this is very important please pay attention)

players can still be found using objects / buildings using glitch (this is very important please pay attention)

ps : thanks for attention to the little things,  good luck dear developers and players 

Edited by hegra

3 hours ago, Fmr said:

Hello, with the IZH Shotgun, when we are down and we advance we hear a sound of blow ax or knife, it's very annoying to be discreet it's not great, plz fix that

PS: remove the stamina ... :(

https://feedback.bistudio.com/tag/dayz/

14 hours ago, Greensek said:

Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates

cool.

that solved the loot economy broken thing for me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

I have now played a couple of hours of this 1.06 experimental on one of those DE servers under the community tab. Some observations:

• Spawned east of Elektro at dusk and noticed that the hoodie will no longer keep you comfortably warm, my character kept shivering with the temp gauge at blue until I had found a wool coat, hat, gloves and better shoes. Never so cold that I lost health though, that seems to be only when you're wet. Too early to know for sure, but I suppose going a long time cold like this (just cold, not lose-health-and-die-hypothermic) will bring a higher risk of getting a cold.

I like it! Each release enhances another survival feature. 

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
words
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Read the full post next time, it says clearly: Known issues - bears not spawning. They probably didn't have time to finish the "bear_territories" file before today. Judging by Greensek's comment it will be patched in before stable release.

Hmm bears not spawning, thats correct because the files are not even in this exp build thats why, I read perfectly.

2 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Hmm bears not spawning, thats correct because the files are not even in this exp build thats why, I read perfectly.

The bears are in the files, the config files controlling their spawn in Chernarus are not. Hence the bear is 'added' but not actually spawning, just as Greensek said.

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

The bears are in the files, the config files controlling their spawn in Chernarus are not. Hence the bear is 'added' but not actually spawning, just as Greensek said.

Weird cos when I check the animals.pbo there is no reference of the Ursus_arctos there, as it would be expected to be there, Please do correct me if Im wrong. And honestly there is a tortoise thats in there but not the bear. 😒

And wasnt most if not all the assets that were planned for DayZ that debuted in Livonia meant to be in this 1.06 update?, you know, all the free assets that havnt been wedged into a paywall like with the terrain for livonia? or are they all going to be crammed into a paywall now and called Livonia DLC? 😞

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

14 hours ago, DafixCz said:

@Greensek Hi, is this problem fixed in 1.06?  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141495

It was not working as we wanted, so it was intentionally removed from the game until it gets properly fixed.

14 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

@Greensek, can I please, please please ask that types.xml and event.xml be ordered alphabetically as in previous releases. It was very useful to be able to go in and diff them to figure out changes.

Just communicated that to the team, thank you.

14 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

It would have been so nice if you guys had made a clear statement here on the forum about the date this would drop.

Most of the Xbox-community was expecting both this and Livonia to drop today as Xbox Insider had claimed it would a month ago and there have been utter confusion about what is happening ever since.

Bah.

We never announced a date in the first place, Xbox did it by mistake and it was not accurate as you can notice.

People thought this was some kind of "leak", even though we have been saying it was not correct. Now we have a lot of players saying that we lied and that we missed the release date.

From now on, please use our official channels of communication to avoid any confusion. 

🙂

11 hours ago, Derleth said:

• As night fell I searched Elektro by torchlight and noted that there has been some adjustment to movement in melee, when you swing weapons it seems they tend to pull you to the side if you do it carelessly (attack spam), so keeping the zombies in front of me was more of a struggle than previously. Felt odd but I suppose I'll get used to it.
  • Zombies do not cause cuts as often now, and a sweet blessing that is because when they do they open you up, bleeding rate has increased again.
  • Later on I found both a Blaze and double barrel shotty, the blaze turned out to be poorly aligned when carried on your right shoulder, it is lodged inside the character's arm, looks really bad and needs to be looked at.
  • There is noticeably less food both in houses and looted from infected, when my food slipped into the low yellow I tried eating rotten fruit and soon heaved my (meagre) stomach contents on the ground. Pretty sure bad fruit had no effect in 1.05.
  • Anyway after that I found some fresh fruit and survived long enough to find myself a fishing hook, so I went on to fish in the pond north of Elektro where I caught a mackerel. I am not a marine biologist, but I'm pretty sure those only live in the sea so you'll need to look at what fish is caught where in Chernarus. In the Livonia beta I only caught carps.
  • The black inventory thing from Livonia beta did not happen so that seems to be fixed.
  • Last but not least - server performance seemed solid. None of the jittery infected or laggy doors.

All in it looks solid and free of major issues, although I hope that inventory thing is fixed before it goes to stable. Not being able to pick stuff up is one of those things that will trigger aggressive rants. The tougher survival is very welcome, going to be a tough transition for the folks who have grown too used to the simple settings in current vanilla.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

2 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Weird cos when I check the animals.pbo there is no reference of the Ursus_arctos there, as it would be expected to be there, Please do correct me if Im wrong. And honestly there is a tortoise thats in there but not the bear. 😒

And wasnt most if not all the assets that were planned for DayZ that debuted in Livonia meant to be in this 1.06 update?, you know, all the free assets that havnt been wedged into a paywall like with the terrain for livonia? or are they all going to be crammed into a paywall now and called Livonia DLC? 😞

We have been saying since the first day.

The ONLY part of DLC behind a paywall will be the Livonia terrain.

Meaning: Any updates, weapons, mechanics, bears, new assets, will all be available for everyone who owns DayZ.

• Like 4
  • Beans 2

15 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

this happend way before 1.06... i belive it started since 1.04... i didn't noticed it before that... it may also start with 1.05 but not really sure on that one... but i am sure it's 1.04 and above 🙂

Yeah but this patch it has grown much, much worse. The Livonia beta didn't behave like this at all, so something has happened. It is not only picking up items when looting, it is moving items between containers too and it makes for example crafting things, looting dead infected or players or simply swapping backpack to a new one a downright nightmare. Please @Greensek try to emphasise how disruptive this bug is when in contact with the devs responsible. You can watch any streamer running exp to see some examples, but I suspect it is well documented already. I just hope it is high priority (if I'm forced to choose between bears and working inventory I'll pick the inventory... 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

my love for dayz had been completely restored.  i still ache for the bow, god how i want the bow but otherwise.... im ballz deep.  told myself last night after the wife went to bed, "just gonna play a quick half hour or an hour of dayz to see exp branch before i crash out."  3 or 4 hrs later its 3am and i gotta force myself to turn it off so i can get a few quick hours of aleep before gettin the kids up.  im definately impressed with the state of gameplay.  have only loaded game once or twice maybe since .62 cuz i was waiting for fishing and the bow.  so glad i didnt make myself keep waiting cuz the bow wasnt here yet.  thanks so much for all the hard work and effort you all have put into this game.  and i mean to everyone, from the devs, to the diehard testers, to the newcomers who are just finding the forums.  you all have contributed to what i believe is (or at least will be, for those who say we arent there yet) the greatest game ever created.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

21 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

my love for dayz had been completely restored.  i still ache for the bow, god how i want the bow but otherwise.... im ballz deep.  told myself last night after the wife went to bed, "just gonna play a quick half hour or an hour of dayz to see exp branch before i crash out."  3 or 4 hrs later its 3am and i gotta force myself to turn it off so i can get a few quick hours of aleep before gettin the kids up.  im definately impressed with the state of gameplay.  have only loaded game once or twice maybe since .62 cuz i was waiting for fishing and the bow.  so glad i didnt make myself keep waiting cuz the bow wasnt here yet.  thanks so much for all the hard work and effort you all have put into this game.  and i mean to everyone, from the devs, to the diehard testers, to the newcomers who are just finding the forums.  you all have contributed to what i believe is (or at least will be, for those who say we arent there yet) the greatest game ever created.

I feel the same. The game is in a great state, and the only thing I really miss right now is - same as you - the bow. Apparently the improvised and recurve bow can now actually be found in the files again. Not usable yet of course, but it means the bow is back on the table, so here's to hoping it makes it back by 1.07! 

• Beans 1

20 hours ago, thepoey said:

Xbox Insider is not Bohemia, and Bohemia has said repeatedly, "we don't have a date yet"

Don't understand why this is so hard for people. And really, what is the "utter confusion"...? The DLC is either out, or it isn't. Are you fumbling around in the dark unable to dress and feed yourself because the DLC isn't out on the date you thought it was? Are you going to die from a heart attack?  You just have to...wait longer than you thought. That's it. Wow. I think we will be fine. 

Are you dumb or just with massive personal problems?

Its a fact that there has been utter confusion about the drop-date and its also a fact that they did not clearly state on their twitter-account that it would not be coming on the 13th when it already was the 13th and people were confused (just read around the forum, you are apparently able to it if you are writing in this post).

You really need to get out more if this is the way you react to a simple statement and some facts - maybe go to the zoo or something, you might learn something about the bees and the flowers.

All the best in your journey lol.

5 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I feel the same. The game is in a great state, and the only thing I really miss right now is - same as you - the bow. Apparently the improvised and recurve bow can now actually be found in the files again. Not usable yet of course, but it means the bow is back on the table, so here's to hoping it makes it back by 1.07! 

I spawned the bow via offline mode... Needless to say i had to restart my game because i couldn't drop the bow after i picked it up... Animation are there but broken... Character looks up in the air... It's a mess 🙂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Its a fact that there has been utter confusion about the drop-date and its also a fact that they did not clearly state on their twitter-account that it would not be coming on the 13th when it already was the 13th and people were confused (just read around the forum, you are apparently able to it if you are writing in this post).

You really need to get out more if this is the way you react to a simple statement and some facts - maybe go to the zoo or something, you might learn something about the bees and the flowers.

BI should've deleted the post and made a twitter post saying it was a mistake. However, people need to be smarter and only trust official BI sources for update information. I always double check stuff like this and don't trust word of mouth...if more people did this there wouldn't be an issue. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Some players were confused, that is not the same as "there was utter confusion". DayZ's response to Xbox insider was pretty clear to me, and when asked directly devs have multiple times said "we don't have a date yet." That Xbox Insider neglected to correct their error is hardly the fault of DayZ.

Sure, they could and should have been extra clear and made some statement about it, but that is not an excuse to read unconfirmed third party info as truth and plan one's vacation after it. At some point an individual has some responsibility to inform himself instead of hearing what he/she wants to hear.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

53 minutes ago, Derleth said:

do not forget the broken bones, that is something fundamental in DayZ and I am afraid that it will not come back 😞 if they add the bows, broken bones, helicopters and make the vehicles work correctly, for me it would be a huge good change in the game

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

The DayZ Devs have no control over what Xbox Insider posted by mistake, and stated repeatedly that it was a mistake on the part of Xbox. Greensek addressed it as such in this thread. 

"We never announced a date in the first place, Xbox did it by mistake and it was not accurate as you can notice.

People thought this was some kind of "leak", even though we have been saying it was not correct. Now we have a lot of players saying that we lied and that we missed the release date.

From now on, please use our official channels of communication to avoid any confusion. "

Not really sure what else you'd like them to do? Text you personally? Anyone confused or angry about this is just looking for an excuse to be mad and needs to stop being such an entitled pissbaby. Shouldn't the lack of pricing info have also tipped you off?  

When Livonia is going to be released, The Devs will let us know. It's not that fucking hard. You aren't going to miss the date, and if you planned a vacation or time off around it before it was confirmed by BI, well, you're just kind of a dumbass.   

GetGame().ChatPlayer("message") (global message to all players connected to server) not working ?