Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

Oh and regarding server anti-hopping, I might as well post it here but it occurs on both EXP and stable, it's even worse than it used to be. Now it triggers EVERY TIME player changes servers. Two recent examples:

1. On stable; died exit to menu to avoid spawning as a random character, adjusted my char, select a different server, click play and got treated with the anti-hopping message, prolonged timer and all. Spawned on a random meadow in the woods.
2. On EXP, decided to change servers, so exit to menu, select another server and start. However; I had a different character on that other server. Again, anti-hopping message and random spawn point.

I'm quite certain this is not how it should work. 

I would really like the hive feature to just be disabled.. It has turned the coast to a constant deathmatch because fully geared players gets teleported to the coast when switching. It is very annoying, not a soul inland and the coast is fuck boy zone #1 all day.

• Beans 1

39 minutes ago, TAMW said:

I would really like the hive feature to just be disabled.. It has turned the coast to a constant deathmatch because fully geared players gets teleported to the coast when switching. It is very annoying, not a soul inland and the coast is fuck boy zone #1 all day.

Yeah, it was nice while it lasted, but it no longer makes sense and yes, it is my observation as well. So much shooting on and near the coast it might as well be a designated PvP zone 😄 

On 11/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Asmondian said:

Since you are tweaking the absorbency and Heat Isolation values on clothing (probably thinking about Livonia or a harsh weather) can you adjust:

• Tactical Gloves and Surgical Gloves should also be Waterproof (Absorbency 0)
  • Wool Coat should retain more heat (0.80 Isolation at least, current value is 0.35). Thats worst than a Hoodie (0.50) or a Denim Jacket (0.50) right now.

Thanks

Hello Asmondian

Passing the suggestions to the Dev team.

Thank you.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Derleth said:

Nice! No mention of the inventory desync that has been happening a lot on the experimental servers. Is that issue acknowledged? 

Other than that, wouldn't it be awesome to prevent vehicles from flying, not just fix the crashes it causes? 🙃

And wet clothes should not dry as fast when you don't have a fire. Any faster now (with fire) and it must be near instantaneous..

Hello Derleth

We are aware and working on it.

Thank you.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:59 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

My Exp server is on version 152804. Was there another small update in the last few minutes?

Hello BetterDeadThanZed

No new update, It was a typo, already fixed it.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Oh and regarding server anti-hopping, I might as well post it here but it occurs on both EXP and stable, it's even worse than it used to be. Now it triggers EVERY TIME player changes servers. Two recent examples:

1. On stable; died exit to menu to avoid spawning as a random character, adjusted my char, select a different server, click play and got treated with the anti-hopping message, prolonged timer and all. Spawned on a random meadow in the woods.
2. On EXP, decided to change servers, so exit to menu, select another server and start. However; I had a different character on that other server. Again, anti-hopping message and random spawn point.

I'm quite certain this is not how it should work. 

Hello William

We are looking into it.

Thank you.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

So much shooting on and near the coast it might as well be a designated PvP zone 😄 

It's very sad that this is the current state of official vanilla, because one of my favorite things in dayz is teaming up with a random on the coast and go on a adventure through the map using only ingame voip and no backup comms over steam etc, so when we die, we die, end of adventure.

But now, the chance of actually finding someone like this is not very likely. It's mostly people just running back to their dead body to pick up gear and continue the fight, or I do find someone and we just get murdered before we even get out of the spawn zone because there is fully geared nightvision dudes running around with platecarriers and akm's in elektro.

And the times we do get out, we just roam around for hours without seeing anyone because no one is inland, or the ones that were inland, switched servers because of the night time and of course is back on the coast.. And when I say roam around, I mean stutter around because the server performance has gone to absolute shit with 600 dead guys laying around in the spawn zones.

I cannot tell you how many encounters I've just had to call it quits with because of the server performance makes it unplayable. I meet people all the time with only 50 or 100 hours in dayz, and this is the experience they get. It's depressing.

If it were up to me, I'd wipe all the servers when 1.06 hits to get rid of all the leftover stashes and basebuilding shit that drags down the performance, set dead player body despawn to 20min and disable the hive/server hop ability completely.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

1 minute ago, TAMW said:

It's very sad that this is the current state of official vanilla, because one of my favorite things in dayz is teaming up with a random on the coast and go on a adventure through the map using only ingame voip and no backup comms over steam etc, so when we die, we die, end of adventure.

Strangely enough, the most PvP I have experienced (overall, not just recently) was on the coast among fresh spawns. I always imaged what you describe, but instead it's just people attacking each other on sight. As if the freshlings in hoodies with rags carry anything valuable or pose any threat to another fresh spawn. I never understood this. While on the coast I also got allergic to "Hello my firend". That basically means, I will attack you as soon as you look the other way. Oh well ... 

49 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Strangely enough, the most PvP I have experienced (overall, not just recently) was on the coast among fresh spawns. I always imaged what you describe, but instead it's just people attacking each other on sight. As if the freshlings in hoodies with rags carry anything valuable or pose any threat to another fresh spawn. I never understood this. While on the coast I also got allergic to "Hello my firend". That basically means, I will attack you as soon as you look the other way. Oh well ... 

But now, the chance of actually finding someone like this is not very likely. It's mostly people just running back to their dead body to pick up gear and continue the fight, or I do find someone and we just get murdered before we even get out of the spawn zone because there is fully geared nightvision dudes running around with platecarriers and akm's in elektro.

I always play on private hive community servers but damn, official is straying farther and farther from what DayZ is supposed to be these days. Although, people have been rushing to military bases and running back to Cherno/Elektro to PvP and kill bambis since the mod days in 2012. The devs just made it easier for them cause now they don't even have to run back to the coast. What a damn shame. This can't be the "fix" for duping if it ruins the starting experience for DayZ.

The coast experience / early game should be punishing survival/PvE wise. You spawn face down near the shore, the screen eye effect for regaining consciousness plays and you wake up. Nothing but rags and a glowstick in your pockets. You need something to drink soon but the coastal cities and towns are littered with infected that are deadly (Can climb more objects, can break down doors). A decent chunk of houses and some buildings can have doors that have been breached so not all buildings can provide safety from infected. Food should be extremely scarce starting off where being fully fed and having multiple food items stored away is a luxury not everyone can be lucky to have.

It really just needs to be where people aren't just running around fully fed and hydrated, without a care and worry in the world. If all the necessities for survival are easy to come by, you don't need to rely on nobody. Right now, if you interact with another player on the coast it doesn't even come to you to ask if they can trade food/water/medical supplies/etc because everyone is either good, or not even thinking about it cause it's not something to worry about. Stumbling into another player when you're dying of hunger/thirst, disease or while getting overwhelmed by groups of infected tends to create more interesting first time interactions. Most of em' can turn into random impromptu adventures rather than those "Hello my friend" I'm actually just waiting for you to turn your back so I can kill you encounters.

The thrill you get from PvP in DayZ has been unmatched since 2012. No other game can make my heart pound like DayZ during firefights. The challenge from PvE and survival just needs to catch up.

• Beans 1

Haha. I read "Hello my friend" in a russian accent.. In well over 3000 hours in dayz, I've managed exactly one (1) encounter with a friendly russian that I ran with for a few hours, the rest was just like you described. 😛 In the end of 2017 in 0.62 after those damn x-mas presents came (and STAYED) pretty much all the first person servers died out, except for 2 or 3 russian ones.. Maaan it was a rough time to be a 1pp dayz player, those russians ONLY care about pvp.

Dayz should always have that danger and fear of bandits tho, even in the spawn zone. Pvp is a major part of the game, and what makes it awesome. But we cannot only have that, there needs to be a balance.

I don't know if you play 1pp or 3pp, but I highly recommend playing in 1pp servers. It is definitely the way this game is meant to be played, the encounters and pvp is simply much, much better when people can't just sit behind cover and observe everything without the risk of being seen. There is also way less camping since you have to show and risk yourself to gain information.

• Beans 1

@TAMW can't blame you for reading it in that accent 😄 I play 1pp only, there are in fact 3 official servers altogether in the entirety of EU which are 1pp and labeled as HC, so not many choices there. It's fun to have 3pp on experimental because who cares there, but otherwise I'm really surprised that there even are official 3pp servers, or at least, that actually majority of them is. Especially since this game is made for head tracking. 

1 hour ago, repzaj1234 said:

I always play on private hive community servers but damn, official is straying farther and farther from what DayZ is supposed to be these days. Although, people have been rushing to military bases and running back to Cherno/Elektro to PvP and kill bambis since the mod days in 2012. The devs just made it easier for them cause now they don't even have to run back to the coast. What a damn shame. This can't be the "fix" for duping if it ruins the starting experience for DayZ.

The coast experience / early game should be punishing survival/PvE wise. You spawn face down near the shore, the screen eye effect for regaining consciousness plays and you wake up. Nothing but rags and a glowstick in your pockets. You need something to drink soon but the coastal cities and towns are littered with infected that are deadly (Can climb more objects, can break down doors). A decent chunk of houses and some buildings can have doors that have been breached so not all buildings can provide safety from infected. Food should be extremely scarce starting off where being fully fed and having multiple food items stored away is a luxury not everyone can be lucky to have.

It really just needs to be where people aren't just running around fully fed and hydrated, without a care and worry in the world. If all the necessities for survival are easy to come by, you don't need to rely on nobody. Right now, if you interact with another player on the coast it doesn't even come to you to ask if they can trade food/water/medical supplies/etc because everyone is either good, or not even thinking about it cause it's not something to worry about. Stumbling into another player when you're dying of hunger/thirst, disease or while getting overwhelmed by groups of infected tends to create more interesting first time interactions. Most of em' can turn into random impromptu adventures rather than those "Hello my friend" I'm actually just waiting for you to turn your back so I can kill you encounters.

The thrill you get from PvP in DayZ has been unmatched since 2012. No other game can make my heart pound like DayZ during firefights. The challenge from PvE and survival just needs to catch up.

Exactly!

I first played dayz in january 2017 right after 0.61 came out, I was trying to get a friend to play arma 3 with me after being totally fed up with the monotone and boring gameplay of cod and battlefield etc, but he had just bought dayz after seeing a video and wanted to test it out first. So we did, and I completely fell in love with this game. I never touched arma or battlefield since.

I just hope we can get back to how 0.61 and 0.62 felt. It always felt like we had a mission, either to find supplies to survive, or better gear and guns.

The loot progression was A LOT better, finding a mosin with a scope and ammo was a big deal, and could take a long time, searching through deerstands across the map for pu scopes, checkpoints and towns for the ammo . Sure, there was sporters, pm73 raks, p1 and makarov pistols in the spawn towns, even a occasional shotgun but we had to search way more for ammo, mags etc.

Now we find mosins in pretty much every town, there is a pristine pu scope in every summer camp and most of the markets, and full boxes of ammo in absolutely every summer camp and military checkpoint, even on the coast. It's ridiculous. IT'S A ONE SHOT KILL WEAPON!

The same with food, clothing and gear now, it is so easy to survive that going inland or engaging in pvp is something we just do from boredom now.. We never need the supplies.

After getting shot up and BARELY survive in firefights in 0.62, even when fully geared, we had to search for supplies again because everything we didn't have protected was ruined. It gave us something to always search for, and forced us back to the big cities for supplies, where we then again could end up in some new awesome situation. It also gave protector cases value and made us prioritize protecting meds and ammo so we could survive.

We need to get back there. We need to have our items take damage and getting ruined when shot. We need to have something to worry about other than the kill shot.

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

@TAMW can't blame you for reading it in that accent 😄 I play 1pp only, there are in fact 3 official servers altogether in the entirety of EU which are 1pp and labeled as HC, so not many choices there. It's fun to have 3pp on experimental because who cares there, but otherwise I'm really surprised that there even are official 3pp servers, or at least, that actually majority of them is. Especially since this game is made for head tracking. 

Totally agree, the crouch of 3pp can be there for casual players but the hardcore 1pp experience should be the focus for this game.

On a side note, I have played on the ATL 4-225 server a few times now, it has way better performance than the EU servers, even on full I haven't noticed that stuttering. I'm not sure if it runs on better hardware or there are just less basebuilding and coastal madness or what.

8 hours ago, drgullen said:

Honestly, it's not ready to come out yet.  1.06 has been an extra-special buggy patch so far.

These are just my guesses, but I'd say we'll probably get another 1.06 Experimental patch this coming week and if that one is much better than the last one, maybe we'll see 1.06 and Livonia hit stable early in December.  They no doubt want Livonia out before Christmas, so it'll drop sometime between now and then most likely.

Screaming "when is it coming out?" at them is pointless you know -- they haven't told us specific release dates/months/periods for 1.01 though 1.05, what made you think this one was going to be any different?  It'll be out when's it out.

Wrong... 1.06 in my experience is the most stable experimental ever existed... i had literally no issues with it except a little bit of buggy inventory ya know... when you pick stuff up but they don't so you need to press F on them again sometimes... and that's about it...

4 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

Guys, really shut the cheese up here - nobody wanna read your "storys" and nobody care - really !

Hold this thread informative...1.06 not more and not less.
Even the half bug-tracker is full with bullcheese, useless bullcheese.

Thanks!

bro, if you dont want to read..... scroll down.  just because you have an oppinion doesnt mean it everyones oppinion.  there is nothing special, or influential about you.  do not put words in other peoples mouths.

for the record.... i have been here since prob .36, and my favorite part about going through the forums (constantly) is to read peoples stories.  i often genuinely miss the well illustrated stories we used to get from biohaze and the like. 

now i would never say everyone cares about the stories.  just like i try to avoid arguing with the obvious trolls who post bait every few days.  that is because i am not special either and therefore there are other oppinions than my own.  

that being said, i imagine i am not the only one who likes the stories.  personally i would like to see more of them.  maybe with more screenshots.

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
removing the rudeness of the post i quoted and replacing it with cheese
  • Like 2

i feel like PC is done and we are waiting on consoles to be done so they can release it at the same time... it's kinda frustrating on waiting inferior machines to get their stuff so we can all get it... god damn consoles slowing down the entire industry... i swear if consoles didn't exist we would be getting the most realistic graphics ever by now... but nah we need to get bottlenecked by consoles for some dumb reason because people can't learn how to use a computer and learn how it works... it's actually really simple... i'm frustrated 

Edit: PC is Chrome and Consoles are Internet Explorer lol

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
  • Haha 1

just out of curiosity...

is there bow?

do meat get "ruined" state sometime after cooking?do cooked meat still act as "heatsource"?
better clouds or still "purple haze"?
animal still stupid?(hunting with baseball bat is more wise than with the gun)

7 hours ago, kopo79 said:

just out of curiosity...

is there bow?

do meat get "ruined" state sometime after cooking?do cooked meat still act as "heatsource"?
better clouds or still "purple haze"?
animal still stupid?(hunting with baseball bat is more wise than with the gun)

Sorry, but the answers are still no, no, yes, no and yes. Although only domestic animals let you get close enough to hit them with a bat...

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Sorry, but the answers are still no, no, yes, no and yes. Although only domestic animals let you get close enough to hit them with a bat...

Dang, the complete opposite answers we would've wanted. Animals really do need to get polished. Chicken awareness is like 5 seconds delayed, you're right up on them and they still haven't reacted to you and they're far too slow. And really, animals fleeing aren't really fleeing. I tried walking up to a sheep and clobbering it with my sledgehammer, I hit him and he fled for like 10 meters or so and just stopped like nothing happened so I hit him again and killed it. All the devs really need to do is take away the easy way outs from hunger and zombies and this'll start feeling like an actual survival game again, please consider these as actual priorities for 1.07 dev team.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

47 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

Dang, the complete opposite answers we would've wanted. Animals really do need to get polished. Chicken awareness is like 5 seconds delayed, you're right up on them and they still haven't reacted to you and they're far too slow. And really, animals fleeing aren't really fleeing. I tried walking up to a sheep and clobbering it with my sledgehammer, I hit him and he fled for like 10 meters or so and just stopped like nothing happened so I hit him again and killed it. All the devs really need to do is take away the easy way outs from hunger and zombies and this'll start feeling like an actual survival game again, please consider these as actual priorities for 1.07 dev team.

You know that you can just shoot them right? Once you can do that you have pretty much unlimited supply of food and that is, well ... as it should be. Do you expect the deer to be bulletproof and shoot lazors back at you to make it a challenge? 😄 Survival isn't just about food and water.

Why is everyone so obsessed with bows, do you guys fear the invasion of French cavalry or what? 😄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

You know that you can just shoot them right? Once you can do that you have pretty much unlimited supply of food and that is, well ... as it should be. Do you expect the deer to be bulletproof and shoot lazors back at you to make it a challenge? 😄 Survival isn't just about food and water.

Why is everyone so obsessed with bows, do you guys fear the invasion of French cavalry or what? 😄

The bow was possible to construct as freshspawn and was quiet, making it a very good weapon for killing zeds (or the odd clueless bandit). When the bow is back the drop rate of firearms can be reduced to 0.62 levels. Finding a working gun should be a struggle, not something you can trust to have after just checking a few buildings.

• Beans 2

Just now, Derleth said:

The bow was possible to construct as freshspawn and was quiet, making it a very good weapon for killing zeds (or the odd clueless bandit). When the bow is back the drop rate of firearms can be reduced to 0.62 levels. Finding a working gun should be a struggle, not something you can trust to have after just checking a few buildings.

While I see all those reasons, I just don't see bows as such a crucial addition, especially while the stats are still in flux and in one build you struggle to kill zeds with an axe and in the current one it's a one hit wonder again (I vote for the latter). Because I can already hear the uproar if you can't one-shot a guy with an arrow to the knee ...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

While I see all those reasons, I just don't see bows as such a crucial addition, especially while the stats are still in flux and in one build you struggle to kill zeds with an axe and in the current one it's a one hit wonder again (I vote for the latter). Because I can already hear the uproar if you can't one-shot a guy with an arrow to the knee ...

I wouldn't call the bow "critical", but the low level game as newspawn and survival aspects are lacking depth as long as it is missing. Same with the still missing small civilian arms like Sporter, Magnum etc, they aren't critical but they will add more depth when they come back. Greater variety of civ firearms will make it take longer to find the correct ammo for that pistol you have found, which will also increase the value of the bow since you can make that yourself.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

I wouldn't call the bow "critical", but the low level game as newspawn and survival aspects are lacking depth as long as it is missing. Same with the still missing small civilian arms like Sporter, Magnum etc, they aren't critical but they will add more depth when they come back. Greater variety of civ firearms will make it take longer to find the correct ammo for that pistol you have found, which will also increase the value of the bow since you can make that yourself.

And again, I get that, it's just that people kinda seem to pop in like; is there a bow yet?! No? KTNXBYE. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

And again, I get that, it's just that people kinda seem to pop in like; is there a bow yet?! No? KTNXBYE. 

Taking away or not bringing back items for survival makes that happen.

Id rather have a bow then a handgun. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Taking away or not bringing back items for survival makes that happen.

Id rather have a bow then a handgun. 

but you do understand that bow is way more complicated then a handgun?

Hello Survivors,

We released an update for the Experimental Servers with some tweaks and fixes.

Please, see below:

GAME Update 1.06.152807 (26.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server error related to the swapping of item attachments
  • Fixed: NBC clothing was not repairable

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: The bleeding tick rate is now applied every three seconds (overall loss is still the same)

The first post was updated.

Thank you, 

Greensek

• Beans 2

5 minutes ago, Greensek said:

GAME Update 1.06.152807 (26.11.2019)

FIXED

• Fixed: A server error related to the swapping of item attachments
  • Fixed: NBC clothing was not repairable

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: The bleeding tick rate is now applied every three seconds (overall loss is still the same)

Pretty underwhelming little update, unless that server error is what was causing lag spikes and inventory issues... Will hop in tonight to test!

• Beans 1