Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

9 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

No ?!

What did u expect, a full instruction how to crash all players around u ?

Wow, quite the leap you took there.

I have crashed many times on this patch for what seems, to me at least, to be for multiple reasons.  I was simply asking for a more detailed description.  What Greensek said would be the equivalent of taking my car to my mechanic and him informing me that he repaired "a car part".

I've crashed from eating, from combining things, even sometimes from just running without doing anything else.  It certainly seems like there are currently multiple reasons for the client crashes, so if they fixed "a client crash", which one was fixed was all I was asking.

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

Right, the inventory desync thing is definitely NOT fixed. It comes and goes just as on live servers so this build might have dealt with one or a few triggers but far from all. I spawned in, first thing I tried to take wouldn't let me. Same symptoms - have to take to hands and then to bags, double click won't work, drag and drop won't work unless via hands. Seems to be very server load dependent, when I'm all alone on my private server it never happens, on this exp server it was nearly constant.

No crashes, but I don't have any on stable servers either. But - and this is a biggie to me - the long horrible lag spikes/freezes on inventory closure seem to be gone. Didn't happen once. Inventory desync might follow soon. One can dream!

This 1.06 thread is getting ridiculously big....  Without proper feedback to give here. Cause it Will get buried and missed 

@Greensek seperate threads is the way. You know if it ain't broke dont fix it....

• Beans 2

40 minutes ago, Fun Automat said:

Because some users here,think this here is the right place for "storys"

People on game forum shared stories from the game, related to the topics they discussed. It was an event also known as Tuesday.

• Beans 2

On 1/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, Derleth said:

Right, the inventory desync thing is definitely NOT fixed. It comes and goes just as on live servers so this build might have dealt with one or a few triggers but far from all. I spawned in, first thing I tried to take wouldn't let me. Same symptoms - have to take to hands and then to bags, double click won't work, drag and drop won't work unless via hands. Seems to be very server load dependent, when I'm all alone on my private server it never happens, on this exp server it was nearly constant.

No crashes, but I don't have any on stable servers either. But - and this is a biggie to me - the long horrible lag spikes/freezes on inventory closure seem to be gone. Didn't happen once. Inventory desync might follow soon. One can dream!

I've just experienced it even on a low pop server (DE 1-4) and it was persistent for each item I tried to pickup. Only relogging solved it, since then no issues picking up any item. 

How is BI able to release a patch that's so much more broken than the previous one? Where's the hotfix for the gamebreaking mag glitches and eventual crash on any action?

I mean c'mon. I can understand flying vehicles, desync on high pop, even the inventory must-take-to-hands-first glitch one can get used to before fixes come along. But PVP is literally broken when you can't eject your mag or fill a mag with ammo. Or when you crash trying to bandage and are placed into a queue after trying to reconnect. Hotfix those 2 gamebreaking issues and the rest I can wait for.

Nothing screams "Abandoned" like devs not reacting at all to literal gamebreaking issues that arose with the latest patch they released.