Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

9 minutes ago, aux7 said:

On reddit,

1gff7XK.png

must be a different platform, I think I saw PS4 somewhere?

Livonia DLC has not had an update on steam in the last 5 days according to steamdb.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, olyeller said:

must be a different platform, I think I saw PS4 somewhere?

Livonia DLC has not had an update on steam in the last 5 days according to steamdb.

sure, but they were saying that they wanted to release it across all platforms at once or?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aux7 said:

sure, but they were saying that they wanted to release it across all platforms at once or?

They just made an announcement on Twitter, although it is available for them, it is not yet playable.

I believe they've said that there will not be an announcement before release, so they are just going to release it when it's ready.

So now I'm wondering if that was a big error, or if it's actually close to release?

There is usually much more activity on steamdb before a release/update, so Im guessing that was just a big error with a release next week closer to the anniversary of Dayz 1.0

Edited by olyeller
  • Like 1

The Experimental Servers are back on. No update, servers are running on the same version as earlier this morning.

This was on twitter an hour ago.

Whatever they did with the servers during the downtime today, it seems to be working. I've played about two hours and looted two towns without getting the hands/inventory desync so much as once. Same goes for the sudden client freezes from earlier builds. Very promising!

• Like 1

Well i guess no update tonight then. Lol......... Ahhh the pain of trying to organize a group of friends from around the world to be on at update time only for it not show up weeks after weeks. I haven't seen my guys for the last two months. Fml lol

Edited by Chris Dowdell

I have two rifles, an M4 and a AKM and both of these I cannot remove the mag or add a new mag to it in EXP 1.06 currently?!

Is there a fix?

I have tried:

#1 - Dropping gun to the ground, picking it up and trying to add or remove the mag.

#2 - Trying to load a new mag from the hot bar.

#3 - Leaving the gun on the server in a barrel, leaving DayZ, restarting DayZ, picking up the rifle and trying to remove or add a new mag.

#4 - Re starting DayZ multiple times and trying all of the above

#5 - Unloading the mag while in the rifle, by repeatedly hitting the "R" key until all of the bullets are on my character, the mag empty now, but still cannot eject it, load a new full mag, or add rounds back onto it.

Dumping it and getting a new one, is why I am here. I initially left the M4 in a barrel, went and found the AKM, and same thing? Now I have two rifles, both bugged the same way.

Edited by RuffZ

Hello survivors, 

There is a new update with tweaks and fixes for the experimental servers.

Check the information below:

GAME Update 1.06.152858 (10.12.2019)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Swapping within cargo
  • Fixed: The right side far resolution LODs of the Gunter 2 were only changing their color when damaged
  • Fixed: Items would not attach to the correct attachment slot during base building
  • Fixed: Base building/cars dragging attachments
  • Fixed: Movement inputs would be obstructed while using radial menus
  • Fixed: The boletus mushroom would spawn with a wrong rotation
  • Fixed: When the weapon in hand was hidden during certain actions, loaded cartridges would float in the air
  • Fixed: A server error when picking up items
  • Fixed: Two exploits that could break the character animations
  • Fixed: Head of the character was not healing from damage
  • Fixed: Base building items would be assigned to the wrong slot

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Fireplace fuel consumption lowered (doubled the burning time)
  • Tweaked: Increased the damage dealt by 9x39 projectile
  • Tweaked: Increased the damage from projectiles to the zombie head (damage zone)

SERVER

• Tweaked: Updated the offline database

Information added to the first post.

Thank you, 

Greensek

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

10 minutes ago, Greensek said:

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Fireplace fuel consumption lowered (doubled the burning time)
  • Tweaked: Increased the damage dealt by 9x39 projectile
  • Tweaked: Increased the damage from projectiles to the zombie head (damage zone)

Appreciate all the work you're doing here mate, but can you please get an answer from the dev team, why the @#%$ are items like these still being tweaked? Point number one is that all of this should be long decided by now and more importantly what were they thinking when deciding to increase the fuel consumption rate, for example? How hard is it to try out as soon as they change it and quickly figure out for themselves that yep, this is too fast and makes no sense? Just generally speaking who decides this even, do they roll a dice to see which values they mess up this release and then roll the dice again to determine by how much? Early access version had these consistent for Cthulhu's sake!

Please, do not rush it to Stable until the core bugs are duly addressed and fixed (Inventory swapping issues / desync between player hands representation - AKA reg issues / Radial menus issues on Consoles).

• Fixed: Head of the character was not healing from damage
  • Fixed: Damage to the head was not regenerating

Glad to hear that was a bug and not intended. People were getting one tab at full health by a single punch to the head without fully understand why.

Edited by Asmondian

Where are the fixes for the disappearance of cars due  a collision at the time of the spawn / start of the server?

42 minutes ago, Asmondian said:

Please, do not rush it to Stable until the core bugs are duly addressed and fixed (Inventory swapping issues / desync between player hands representation - AKA reg issues / Radial menus issues on Consoles).

yes, yes, 1000x yes.

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

Fixed: Swapping within cargo

@GreensekDoes this mean, that the issues preventing items to be picked up, and the issues preventing magazines to be filled which subsequently become unusable and potentially bug the guns, have been fixed?

Edited by 0.64 Freerider

On 11/13/2019 at 10:51 AM, Greensek said:

GAME Update 1.06.152858 (10.12.2019)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Swapping within cargo
  • Fixed: A server error when picking up items

I read the above points as potential fixes for the inventory troubles that have plagued 1.06 since the first experimental after Livonia. Didn't take me long to be disappointed:

So, NOPE, inventory/looting still not fixed. 😞

(Tested on DE 1-4 around 18:30)

Edited by Derleth
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

11 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I read the above points as potential fixes for the inventory troubles that have plagued 1.06 since the first experimental after Livonia. Didn't take me long to be disappointed:

but hey at least they got the DLC out. that's what mattered!

• Haha 2

[quoted]

Posted 5 hours ago (edited)

I have two rifles, an M4 and a AKM and both of these I cannot remove the mag or add a new mag to it in EXP 1.06 currently?!

Is there a fix?

I have tried:

#1 - Dropping gun to the ground, picking it up and trying to add or remove the mag.

#3 - Leaving the gun on the server in a barrel, leaving DayZ, restarting DayZ, picking up the rifle and trying to remove or add a new mag.

#5 - Unloading the mag while in the rifle, by repeatedly hitting the "R" key until all of the bullets are on my character, the mag empty now, but still cannot eject it, load a new full mag, or add rounds back onto it.

Dumping it and getting a new one, is why I am here. I initially left the M4 in a barrel, went and found the AKM, and same thing? Now I have two rifles, both bugged the same way.

==================================

I just left both of those guns that were having troubles (read above quote from earlier today), and went in search of another. I finally found another M4A1 but once again, I went to put in a new mag into it, and I cannot?! That's 3 rifles in a row! Please fix!

I have rebooted my system more than 7 times, re-logged into EXP. around 9 to 10 times and tried numerous drop inventory, put in hands, try to put into inventory, etc.... nothing works!

Edited by RuffZ
add quote
  • Beans 1

17 minutes ago, RuffZ said:

[quoted]

Posted 5 hours ago (edited)

Is there a fix?

I have tried:

==================================

I just left both of those guns that were having troubles (read above quote from earlier today), and went in search of another. I finally found another M4A1 but once again, I went to put in a new mag into it, and I cannot?! That's 3 rifles in a row! Please fix!

I have rebooted my system more than 7 times, re-logged into EXP. around 9 to 10 times and tried numerous drop inventory, put in hands, try to put into inventory, etc.... nothing works!

1 open the inventory an take the gun in you hand

2 drag the mag to any hotkey

3 press the hotkey and you character gonna take off the mag

4 now put a new mag in the weapon

even if you drop the mag, when you relog the mag are still in your weapon, yes is magic xd, you need do all the step when you loggin in the server if you have the same gun for change the mag 

sorry for my english. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Ran two hours more after this and did not have the bug happen once. Seems to at least be happening less, on stable it comes and goes lasting all from just a few minutes to the entire session. This is regardless of server, I've played on official, vanilla community and modded community servers on low and high pop, doesn't seem to make any difference.

• Beans 4

Thank-you radamantyz, I did what you said, putting the AKM in my hands, dragged mag to hotbar. Then clicked to take that mag into my hands, it worked. I then dropped the mag on ground, grabbed a new mag and put it into the AKM. I then put the AKM on my back, and waited around 4 min then logged off. Server restarts in approx 1 hr, so I will wait to log back in after the restart. I hope this works!

What do I do about the M4A1 I have, there is no mag in it (empty) , but I cannot put one on it?  Thank you for any help.

Edited by RuffZ

51 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Ran two hours more after this and did not have the bug happen once. Seems to at least be happening less, on stable it comes and goes lasting all from just a few minutes to the entire session. This is regardless of server, I've played on official, vanilla community and modded community servers on low and high pop, doesn't seem to make any difference.

look like the bug have multiples cause, we really need hurry a fix for this this bug.

9 minutes ago, RuffZ said:

Thank-you radamantyz, I did what you said, putting the AKM in my hands, dragged mag to hotbar. Then clicked to take that mag into my hands, it worked. I then dropped the mag on ground, grabbed a new mag and put it into the AKM. I then put the AKM on my back, and waited around 4 min then logged off. Server restarts in approx 1 hr, so I will wait to log back in after the restart. I hope this works!

What do I do about the M4A1 I have, there is no mag in it (empty) , but I cannot put one on it?  Thank you for any help.

remember, you need make the step all time when you loggin in the server because the weapon still bug, the mag is like ouija or choky, appear in the inventory even if you go to mordor an drop in Orodruin, you have the mag bugged in you gun when you loggin 

Edited by radamantyz
  • Like 1

@Greensek

I really don't get it.  On the one hand, thanks for the patch and for fixing whatever it fixed, but for the love of God, everyone is struggling with this inventory bug and not only does this patch not fix it, but there's no "Known Issues" even mentioning it.  Please tell us it's actually being worked on...is it?

I've died several times now fucking around with inventory glitches...it's getting old fast.

• Like 1

its a known issue in the patch notes...

but why they shipped it?

surley christmas was a factor - bad decision I think

same as not fixing cars. ist just a death trap to use them (since months...)

Edited by andro_dawton