Greensek

Experimental Update 1.06

13 hours ago, mother1977 said:

now, I've had no issues with the fireplaces or even campfires, they warm you up, you just have to stay in the warmth radius (which granted is a little small)

It needs to be small or you'll die from overheating when cooking! 😂

• Haha 1

GetGame().ChatPlayer("message") (global message to all players connected to server) not working. 

Edited by SasGuatch

38 minutes ago, SasGuatch said:

GetGame().ChatPlayer("message") (global message to all players connected to server) not working. 

BUG HEMIA

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Derleth said:

It needs to be small or you'll die from overheating when cooking! 😂

It's smaller than it used to be. You have to slide up to is as close as possible without being in the fire to feel the effects.

• Like 1

Error in economy config files:

in cfglimitsdefinition.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

in db\types.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

but in mapgroupproto.xml uses <category name="vehicleparts" />

its not correct!

• Haha 1

Just now, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It's smaller than it used to be. You have to slide up to is as close as possible without being in the fire to feel the effects.

Maybe it is a bit erratic, I had problems cooking my pond-mackerel since I kept heating up when I sat down for the animation. Bit of fidgeting back and forth fixed that. They could very well increase the radius and make it more forgiving unless you basically sit in the fire.

• Like 1

Where's the goddamn changelog? From 15.11.2019 and from 18.11.2019! If you perform an update there must be a changelog as well..

Import updates and changelogs at the same time! So that it becomes professional and not as confusing as it always is with you.

32 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Maybe it is a bit erratic, I had problems cooking my pond-mackerel since I kept heating up when I sat down for the animation. Bit of fidgeting back and forth fixed that. They could very well increase the radius and make it more forgiving unless you basically sit in the fire.

Make one inside the designated fireplace inside a house. Even with feet against the logs it still goes up and down without change of position.

I agree with your radius remark. Especially inside a house with closer doors. It should give effect more easily.

Seems to be a serious bug with cars. If you find a car that works, start the ignition, exit the car and opens the hood you get stuck and start taking damage. (This happened with the Civilian Red car)

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146588

Edited by Relic77

What really troubles me that it´s hard to cook outside without getting overheating or freezing status.
A good workaround for the constant freezing is to carry lots of cooked/baked food
other than that .. the items disappearing from inventroy when switching with items on ground
really is anoying, as well as the bug where you need to relog, because an invisible item is stuck in the playerhand
(i.e. can´t do actions) other than that.. i really like the fishing and the placeholder mechanics.
Keep up the good work. 

Edited by wud

3 minutes ago, Relic77 said:

Seems to be a serious bug with cars. If you find a car that works, start the ignition, exit the car and opens the hood you get stuck and start taking damage. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146588

fixed a car and noticed that aswell but i recive no damage .. just a "hugh" from the avatar..
car works fine, but damn.. that 4x4 Lada really got sloooooow on dirtroads.. no chance of even getting to ther 2nd gear other than downhill

I sincerely hope you are not going to release Livonia as long as the temperature / cold / rain stuff isn't fixed. You're literally dying after 4-5 minutes in the rain. And overheating after cooking some meat on a campfire. Also sicknesses kill you after 5 minutes. How is that anything close to a good or realistic survival experience? I realize this game isn't trimmed (anymore) to be as realistic as possible but this is just artificial difficulty and as a long time player annoys the crap out of me. It is mind-boggling how long we have to wait for basic fixes like that.

I tried to bring old players back to the game when Livonia was on experimental, and they ALL quit the game because of the cold/rain situation and because dehydration happens so quickly now. Bleeding rate is too high, aswell and the blood and shock and damage system isn't close to what it was in 0.62. 

Rain was fine as it was in 0.62. Same as temperature and sicknesses. Just remake it like you promised you would. Not even broken bones have made it into the game as of now. Disastrous.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

Hello Dev team is the experimental server Dayz DE 1-3  coming back online? I Found lots of glitchtes my car disappeard after the server restart  I had it for several days it happend after I put headlights on it. secondly there is a huge problem with items that are on the floor or in a box you cant take them  out or move them you can only place the items in your hand and then Move them but that doesnt even work most of the time guns keep disappearing lost the vaiga two times an the blaze once. Pls just take your time with this update  because its clearly alot of things that need to be fixed.

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

I sincerely hope you are not going to release Livonia as long as the temperature / cold / rain stuff isn't fixed. You're literally dying after 4-5 minutes in the rain. And overheating after cooking some meat on a campfire. Also sicknesses kill you after 5 minutes. How is that anything close to a good or realistic survival experience? I realize this game isn't trimmed (anymore) to be as realistic as possible but this is just artificial difficulty and as a long time player annoys the crap out of me. It is mind-boggling how long we have to wait for basic fixes like that.

I tried to bring old players back to the game when Livonia was on experimental, and they ALL quit the game because of the cold/rain situation and because dehydration happens so quickly now. Bleeding rate is too high, aswell and the blood and shock and damage system isn't close to what it was in 0.62. 

Rain was fine as it was in 0.62. Same as temperature and sicknesses. Just remake it like you promised you would. Not even broken bones have made it into the game as of now. Disastrous.

Funny thing is they said mechanics would transfer to chernarus too but the fact is its still very easy to survive there.

The fires never overheat unless you stand untop. Cooking on them works fine though.

Sickness is a non issue only got sick one time because i didn't wash my hands.

The weather is mostly just sunny. Some rain but hardly having a negative effect.

This is on a vanilla chernarus server. With cargo pants, hunting jacket, ski maak and urghanda (of whatever you call that fluffy russian hat) im never freezing.

Must be map related for sure.... Disappointing i have to buy in order to get a deadly environment

4 hours ago, VVarhead said:

They can't actually remake it as simple as you may think... 0.62 is running on Old Engine... with Enfusion renderer slapped on it... 0.63 and above is running fully on Enfusion... they changed programming language.. so they have to figure everything out from scratch on a new language... think of it like switching permanently from English to ... eh... Russian let's say... it takes a lot of time... also broken bones previously worked kinda like this  Bones Broken on/off ... and when it turns on you basically go prone... while in 0.63 and above... aka new Engine era... they want to make everything from scratch... and that even BETTER... so Broken bones need a whole huge set of new animations and rigging for them to blend and work together... maybe more stages of broken bones... with different animations... maybe they want to make it as when you apply a splint it actually shows physically in the world on your character... they want to make it look nice and work nice... polishing it to the max as they could... just like the Magnum Revolver they CAN add it right now but it will work as any other pistol just with internal mag... but no they want to make it as every chamber in the spinning/revolving thing individual ... so you can maybe put 1 bullet in and spin it... and play russian roullete... they want to make it realistic 🙂 i really feel that over time we will get bigger and bigger and more stable updates providing they are not rushed... like with this 1.06 update... they are taking their time and polishing the game and fixing it before going to stable branch and to consoles... plus they are keeping all a secret they don't show the patch notes because they are really highly likely gonna surprise us when it finally releases xD like for an example in Livonia trailer there is a V3S hidden in the background pointing to it being in the next update... which it most certainly will because the animations for V3S/ M3S are now i think fully done.. everything works correctly except the vehicle itself.. it doesn't move... at all... no sounds... nothing... buggy physics... i spawned it in Offline Mode 🙂 so who knows what else can we see sneaked in the next update... i feel like i can bet there will be something amazing that will blow everyone away xD

49 minutes ago, McWendy said:

This is on a vanilla chernarus server. With cargo pants, hunting jacket, ski maak and urghanda (of whatever you call that fluffy russian hat) im never freezing.

it's Ushanka... how can you make something simple into more complicated word? Urghanda? you mean Uganda? xD and fun fact that hat is invented in like 1920's i think 😄 by obviously Soviet Union 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VVarhead said:

IRain was fine as it was in 0.62. Same as temperature and sicknesses. Just remake it like you promised you would. Not even broken bones have made it into the game as of now. Disastrous.

You're not remembering it right. Rain would kill you in five minutes in 0.62 too - and back then you HAD to make a fire to dry and warm up. Now all you need to do is get out of the rain and you'll dry off in a few minutes. Really, compared to 0.62 the current system is ez-mode. In 0.62 I died several times while desperately trying to make a fire in an indoor fireplace but being unable to, due to wet matches or just running out of time.

Sickness is perfectly manageable if you pay some attention to what you are doing.

As for broken bones that is a sad subject. The reason it is not in yet is because, as always with DayZ, they want to make it complex and authentic. Basically they want to simulate actual fractures, so they need to have proper ragdoll physics working on the character first. Personally I'd rather see they 'fake' it, by having a certain amount of damage to limbs trigger a fracture state that would force limping, going prone or increased weapon sway/inability to use two-handed weapons or tools.

Edited by Derleth

After playing the 1.06 update all weekend, I can say that the cold and rain are non-issues.  Again, 'hardcore survival' is completely trivial.  All you have to do is stay indoors, wait it out and plan ahead.  The 'temperature / cold / rain stuff' isn't broken.  It doesn't need fixing.  It's really not that hard.   It's a thing to do, and I love it, but it's pretty easy.  DON'T GO INTO HOSTILE WEATHER.  Also, don't get sick.  You can completely avoid it.  If you die because you got sick, you're not careful enough.

Chernarus needs a lot of car wrecks.  Like Livonia.  Go ahead and push the button on a facelift.  Even if you just add junked cars with salvageable parts,  That will be fine.  Chernarus needs to have cars that survivors can loot.  Either take out some existing car spawns, or don't.  It doesn't matter.  But get those run-down cars in there somehow, please.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They can't actually remake it as simple as you may think... 0.62 is running on Old Engine... with Enfusion renderer slapped on it... 0.63 and above is running fully on Enfusion... they changed programming language.. so they have to figure everything out from scratch on a new language... think of it like switching permanently from English to ... eh... Russian let's say... it takes a lot of time... also broken bones previously worked kinda like this  Bones Broken on/off ... and when it turns on you basically go prone... while in 0.63 and above... aka new Engine era... they want to make everything from scratch... and that even BETTER... so Broken bones need a whole huge set of new animations and rigging for them to blend and work together... maybe more stages of broken bones... with different animations... maybe they want to make it as when you apply a splint it actually shows physically in the world on your character... they want to make it look nice and work nice... polishing it to the max as they could... just like the Magnum Revolver they CAN add it right now but it will work as any other pistol just with internal mag... but no they want to make it as every chamber in the spinning/revolving thing individual ... so you can maybe put 1 bullet in and spin it... and play russian roullete... they want to make it realistic 🙂 i really feel that over time we will get bigger and bigger and more stable updates providing they are not rushed... like with this 1.06 update... they are taking their time and polishing the game and fixing it before going to stable branch and to consoles... plus they are keeping all a secret they don't show the patch notes because they are really highly likely gonna surprise us when it finally releases xD like for an example in Livonia trailer there is a V3S hidden in the background pointing to it being in the next update... which it most certainly will because the animations for V3S/ M3S are now i think fully done.. everything works correctly except the vehicle itself.. it doesn't move... at all... no sounds... nothing... buggy physics... i spawned it in Offline Mode 🙂 so who knows what else can we see sneaked in the next update... i feel like i can bet there will be something amazing that will blow everyone away xD

it's Ushanka... how can you make something simple into more complicated word? Urghanda? you mean Uganda? xD and fun fact that hat is invented in like 1920's i think 😄 by obviously Soviet Union 

I couldnt remember whilst typing 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

After playing the 1.06 update all weekend, I can say that the cold and rain are non-issues.  Again, 'hardcore survival' is completely trivial.  All you have to do is stay indoors, wait it out and plan ahead.  The 'temperature / cold / rain stuff' isn't broken.  It doesn't need fixing.

That is exactly why it needs fixing. The rate at which you get soaked no matter what clothes you're wearing as well as dry off again is "broken"

8 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They can't actually remake it as simple as you may think... 0.62 is running on Old Engine... with Enfusion renderer slapped on it... 0.63 and above is running fully on Enfusion... they changed programming language.. so they have to figure everything out from scratch on a new language... think of it like switching permanently from English to ... eh... Russian let's say... it takes a lot of time... a

However; these are variables. How quick you get wet and dry off are just variables and regardless of the language numbers are the same. I understand that they need to re-make animations and such, but this is simply the result of them still playing with the variables instead of sticking with what worked previously. 

15 hours ago, BORIZZ.K said:

Error in economy config files:

in cfglimitsdefinition.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

in db\types.xml - <category name="vehiclesparts"/>

but in mapgroupproto.xml uses <category name="vehicleparts" />

its not correct!

This is intentionally disabled to prevent vehicle parts from spawning apart from the vehicle wrecks. 

16 hours ago, SasGuatch said:

This function is not used for the global messages, but for regular in game chat which has a limited reach.

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

That is exactly why it needs fixing. The rate at which you get soaked no matter what clothes you're wearing as well as dry off again is "broken"

Agreed. The system as it is currently balanced is more annoying than anything, it obstructs gameplay without providing any depth. There's been lots of feedback about this from the Livonia beta and onwards and @Greensek has confirmed that they have heard and are considering it. In my opinion, it should work something like this:

• Rework the rate and amount of water that clothes absorb. Currently it seems it is either 100% immunity (raincoat or fireman's kit) or they get drenched in a minute or two. Even Gorkas that used to be water resistant get completely drenched in no time at all. I believe some clothes are already more water resistant than others, but the difference in absorption is so small it doesn't make any difference, it is a matter of them lasting a few minutes longer. If you don't have a full fireman's kit you need to immediately seek cover if it starts raining. Period.
  • Rework the rate at which you get cold and when/how you take damage from it. Currently when you get wet your temperature quickly hits rock bottom and the health loss starts right away, you have no choice but to seek cover or you are soon dead. Instead it should basically work in two stages - normal, uncomfortably cold, hypothermic. Uncomfortably cold would be wet, cold and shivering (triggering a risk of catching a cold or the flu) for a certain amount of time - depending on the type of clothes, how wet they are and how much insulation they provide even when wet - before you slip into the hypothermic state when you start losing health. In any case the time before health loss needs to be much longer than it is now.
  • However, merely getting indoors should not be enough to get dry. It should slow down or stop (if you wring out your clothes) temperature and health loss, but the clothes should not dry without fire. At least it should be no less than 10 times slower than by a fire.

On top of this, there needs to be more waterproof and water resistant clothing. Rain ponchos (head slot, protecting head and torso), workwear, fisherman's and hiking clothes. Ever heard of gore tex? 😉

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Agreed. The system as it is currently balanced is more annoying than anything, it obstructs gameplay without providing any depth. There's been lots of feedback about this from the Livonia beta and onwards and @Greensek has confirmed that they have heard and are considering it. In my opinion, it should work something like this:

• Rework the rate and amount of water that clothes absorb. Currently it seems it is either 100% immunity (raincoat or fireman's kit) or they get drenched in a minute or two. Even Gorkas that used to be water resistant get completely drenched in no time at all. I believe some clothes are already more water resistant than others, but the difference in absorption is so small it doesn't make any difference, it is a matter of them lasting a few minutes longer. If you don't have a full fireman's kit you need to immediately seek cover if it starts raining. Period.
  • Rework the rate at which you get cold and when/how you take damage from it. Currently when you get wet your temperature quickly hits rock bottom and the health loss starts right away, you have no choice but to seek cover or you are soon dead. Instead it should basically work in two stages - normal, uncomfortably cold, hypothermic. Uncomfortably cold would be wet, cold and shivering (triggering a risk of catching a cold or the flu) for a certain amount of time - depending on the type of clothes, how wet they are and how much insulation they provide even when wet - before you slip into the hypothermic state when you start losing health. In any case the time before health loss needs to be much longer than it is now.
  • However, merely getting indoors should not be enough to get dry. It should slow down or stop (if you wring out your clothes) temperature and health loss, but the clothes should not dry without fire. At least it should be no less than 10 times slower than by a fire.

On top of this, there needs to be more waterproof and water resistant clothing. Rain ponchos (head slot, protecting head and torso), workwear, fisherman's and hiking clothes. Ever heard of gore tex? 😉

To add to this, In real life when I get cold I add layers. In Dayz I should be able to add a jumper or other garments. So add an extra slot for  such things

Add an extra slot also for a rain poncho. Back pack rain cover too. So for both of them we have to take them off when we get too hot, or add them when too cold  . .

as mentioned above, when it rains at the moment, you currently pretty much have to go indoors til it stops. The swim to skalisty/prison island is no longer a no brainer . .  . . Both of these affect my gameplay more than nighttime ... . . which never did  ..   apart from the night light . .. .

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

This function is not used for the global messages, but for regular in game chat which has a limited reach. 

What function used for the global messages?

8 minutes ago, BORIZZ.K said:

What function used for the global messages?

You use server messages for that, in a separate xml file. If you want to write real-time messages to players on the server that is not possible in vanilla as far as I know. There might be modded admin tools that does it, check the workshop for that.

• Like 1