Greensek

DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta

This map is really nice.

Too bad we can't craft any water containers, and can't boil water. I'm depending too much on alcohol, it's becoming an issue :)

On 10/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, hellway13 said:

soo another useless patch like i see.. no one fix the durability on the bases right? you can destroy 4 walls in 2 minutes. And please tell me the cars are not flying anymore too.. I cant believe how the community modders can fix all the stuffs doing mods and you guys cant fix anything :(.

Bases are pointless anyways. Get you a tent in the woods.

49 minutes ago, Chance Miller said:

base building will only be an option when DayZ Expansion comes and that would be probably after 1.06 stable update in mid November 🙂

Got a gun(1.6 Livonia Beta), threw it just to see whether anything changed, the gun fell under the ground same as many other items do from when they introduced the update. Uninstalled this trash again, gonna check in another month.

8 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@Greensek  Hypothermia is a killer on this map. As much as I’m loving Livonia, it’s really highlighted the weaknesses in those mechanics. The problem is you lose health too quickly. There needs to be more depth. There are supposedly ‘colds’ in the game (coughing, sneezing) but most people haven’t had one all year! You would think that being in the rain for 5+ minutes would trigger a cold, instead of nearly killing you.

The storms with thunder and lightning are amazing spectacles. But, as I type this, my character has been indoors for 10 minutes now... I’m waiting for the rain to pass, because otherwise, it will kill me. Waiting for an RNG storm to finish is not exactly enjoyable gameplay. I want to explore the beautiful landscape, but I can’t. At the very least, we need more waterproof items! But I would prefer if there were more unique, but not ‘life-ending’ penalties. Earlier on, I was walking through heavy rain for no more than a minute, and I started losing health. The current system doesn’t feel suited to the heavy storms of Livonia.

Hypothermia for me makes Livonia so much better although I guess it needs tuning.

True hypothermia is a killer, worse than the infected and KoS survivors, but it reminds me of the Frostfall mod in Skyrim and is such an unexpected bonus. Clearly many survivor types, the gunfighters etc will have their lives made much tougher as it will be harder to just gear up and go to the action. However for us farmer builder types its heaven(or hell).

I've finally managed to get my seventh character stable both hydration and food wise. Simply got lucky find a few cans of Kvas and then food in a village. Also survived a couple of those wonderful rain thunder and lightening storms.

If you are starting out, don't sprint and so try to conserve hydration. Many of the infected do have drinks or food on them.

In the rain storms try to quickly shelter under a tree or in a building. The large trees gave me some shelter but the storm seems to move and change wind direction so its hit or miss rain protection. 

In Livonia there is new experience to find all the time :)

• Beans 1

I have to agree with the points made about hypothermia -- it's too extreme on both ends right now.  You lose health too quickly when it starts raining and you dry off and regain health too quickly when it stops raining.

There should perhaps be an additional level of temperature before your health starts to drop and the lengths should be much longer.  Something like this:

1.  It begins to rain.

2. After 3 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from white to light blue, but no health loss yet.

3. After an additional 3 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from light blue to dark blue, your character begins shivering, but no health loss yet.

4. After an additional 4 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from dark blue to dark purple and you are now at 1-tick down on health loss.

So, that would allow you to travel 10 minutes at a time in the rain before you start losing health due to hypothermia.

The recovery should be the same amount of time, but in reverse (dark purple to dark blue to light blue to white), but only if you have some type of heat source on you (i.e. a fire or heat pack).  Without the heat source, recovery should be maybe twice as long.

So, recovering fully from hypothermia would require sitting at a fire for up to 10 minutes or remaining out of the rain for about 20 minutes.

Edited by drgullen
typo
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

@malkom-7b75c693685e9033 I love the storms. I just want more interesting penalties than losing health. That applies to everything. Hunger, dehydration, hypothermia, etc. 

It would be nice if there were different stages first, and you only lose health in the final stage.

I’m not really a big PvP’er either, I just want to explore. These maps are already massive. Slowing down players just isn’t great in my opinion.

Also, where’s the waterproof clothing? Only raincoats and firefighter pants keep you dry. Patrol gear needs to be, too. Also, it would be nice if they added waterproof jacket/pants that go over your existing clothing. Or maybe a poncho.

Do trees definitely work as shelter? Because that’s cool, if so. I didn’t realise.

• Beans 2

Really enjoyed the first 4 hours on Livonia and the 1.06 open beta yesterday! Server was quite laggy, but love the improved gameplay especially about hypothermia. And also did not experience any issues with a car I ended up building. A few comments on potential tweaks and improvements, which I do not believe have been adressed earlier in this thread:

- Cable reels spawn everywhere!! Clearly not necessary. I stopped counting them after 20 found and I never was south of Topolin
- Very difficult to find car tires spawning separately. Also not on car wrecks, where I primarily found doors, hoods and trunk lids. Could be cool if car tires would also spawn at some of the car wrecks
- As mentioned, love the effect that rain now has on players health through hypothermia. However, in my opinion i rains a bit too much in Livonia. Maybe reduce that by 15-20%
- It seems that you can now easily run past infected without them following you. Don't know if this is intentionally. But seems they quite quickly "give up" even though they have noticed you as soon as you are 15-20 meter away from them
- Some doors couldn't be opened despite multipe attemps, probably caused by laggy server though
- On some occasions when trying to open doors, suddenly I appeared on the other side of the door instead of it being opened. Door was still closed however

Haven't tried basebuilding or fishing yet, but looking forward to try it.. That is if i get the chance before being killed instantanelously by 15 year old Croatian kids..

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

I have to agree with the points made about hypothermia -- it's too extreme on both ends right now.  You lose health too quickly when it starts raining and you dry off and regain health too quickly when it stops raining.

There should perhaps be an additional level of temperature before your health starts to drop and the lengths should be much longer.  Something like this:

1.  It begins to rain.

2. After 3 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from white to light blue, but no health loss yet.

3. After an additional 3 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from light blue to dark blue, your character begins shivering, but no health loss yet.

4. After an additional 4 minutes of exposure, your temperature icon turns from dark blue to dark purple and you are now at 1-tick down on health loss.

So, that would allow you to travel 10 minutes at a time in the rain before you start losing health due to hypothermia.

The recovery should be the same amount of time, but in reverse (dark purple to dark blue to light blue to white), but only if you have some type of heat source on you (i.e. a fire or heat pack).  Without the heat source, recovery should be maybe twice as long.

So, recovering fully from hypothermia would require sitting at a fire for up to 10 minutes or remaining out of the rain for about 20 minutes.

Good ideas. Perhaps the sickness could kick in by a small chance if you get cold. (might already been implemented, but I haven't been sick ever except when drinking foul water). So when wet 1%, then light blue maybe 2-3% and 4-5% when dark blue and 10% for dark purple for every min. When dark purple, here your health starts to drop since you are now in hypothermia. This make it hard to move around, takes longer to interact with things and you perhaps lose your vision in some extent.  This is over a 20-30 min period. So you still have around and 45 min to find a solution to your problem.

Edited by Relic77
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Improviso0 said:

Got a gun(1.6 Livonia Beta), threw it just to see whether anything changed, the gun fell under the ground same as many other items do from when they introduced the update. Uninstalled this trash again, gonna check in another month.

You're trash... you don't understand how this game works mate... Physics are done server side ... which means laggy shitty server = that happens.. good not laggy server = no items go trough the floor.. same goes for cars

26 minutes ago, mimi said:

hello

the LIVORNIA map is superb but there are many bug that spoil the gaming experience

please watched the video !!!!!!!!!

https://vimeo.com/370489859

That is not a bug... that's just poor server perfomance... if that happens that means server is laggy 🙂

• Haha 1

I appreciate more weather diversity but hypothermia onsets too fast from the rain. Raincoats and other rain protective clothing do not work too so that just makes it worse. I like survival and think that it's supposed to be the main focus for DayZ but not like this. Players are coming up with ridiculous ways like sprinting while having cooked meat in their clothes lol at least make heatpacks more common civilian loot or make the raincoat a "vest" slot item and actually give rain/wetness protection.

On another note, whoever designed the zombie spawns file did a hell of a job. Zombies are dense and dangerous in military areas. It's sad hearing about performance issues on full servers though, cause we already know zombie spawns will be the first to get reduced 😞 sigh. Sucks cause moments like this are almost non existent in Chernarus. (Although when I saw this random guy, I was already dying of hunger cause I couldn't open my canned spaghetti with anything fml, I had to run to this guy and ask if he had a knife).

Lots of changes that are under the radar like new zombie models and sounds. Also, in 1 day of playing I've experienced more weathers than a hundred hours in Chernarus lol Overall, I like the theme of Livonia. Guns are common which means gunshots and firefights are common, zombies are plenty and actually a threat, food is scarce as hell and clean water is hard to find. So far, I like that trio. It's pretty action packed.

The obvious bugs just need to be crushed. Hypothermia, sickness from water sources just need a little more balancing. The zombie spawner needs to be fixed as well, I came across a few zombies stuck inside buildings or roofs or on props on the ground. I think they're being spawned there and get stuck.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Love it, but server performance dies on full servers. Rubberbanding, teleporting and long delays.

Is players count affects this?

21 hours ago, Chance Miller said:

That's not the point.. if you put something in the game do it good... no bad.. and the cars still flying 😄 nice cash grab recycle map from arma 3 perfect.. This poor people dont know anything about the dayz.. and the devs delete my comments because everytime said what happen with this game.. They want selling recycle map from arma 3 and they cant fix small bugs like unbalancing bases, flying cars, loots bugs, etc. The most fun of this the community modders can fix all of this and are better than the original developers that's crazy. How??. And they are still selling on ps4 and all that players are scamed because the game crashing everytime bsod in ps4 hahah. I buy this game in 2013 and what do you think??, how can you sell something when you game has broken stuffs?? 

What happened with this?? post 1.0??? There promise a lot.. but the results is not good.. the infected zone ??? xD they promised that for 1.0 when we were at 0.63

Instead of giving the community a gift to cover their game crap a little, they want to sell it to you hahahaha. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THAT.

4scs9bh0nif11.png

Edited by hellway13
adds

On 11/1/2019 at 1:55 PM, Greensek said:

We are aware of the hydration reports from the community, while it's intended, we will provide this feedback to the dev team.

I like it really to be honest. My loot behavior changed tremendously. If I had to choose between 3 water bottles and a nice and shiny gun, I think you know what I take. If you get a cookingpot, you can get cleaned water by your own. I would prefer a few more streams and ponds. Maybe the possibility to cook water directly in a fireplace (with a pot) or the option to craft a makeshift tripod. And maybe lower the infection rate of ponds and rivers. I was able to cure my infection with charcoal tablets and clean water (cooked in a pot). Then, after reaching Nadbor, refilled my bottles and the pot and I was good to go. After that, there was no problem to reach the southern end of the map...

@Greensek

Can you please give some feedback if ANY of this major problems are getting fixed in 1.06?  I couldnt find any of it in the changelog.

• Base Building balancing
  • Bullet Damage tweaking
  • Dead or unconscious players are often not lootable because they fall into textures like walls, ground surface and so on.
    • Even if they are lootable, often the item which is in their hand (mostly gun) is not accessible still.
  • Before 1.05 already but still: When you switch your weapons with hotbar from for one rifle to another one for you all looks normal. For people around you, your weapon will often stick out somewhere of your back and you don't have it properly in the hands. This can be abused and make it look like you actually don't have anything in hands but you still can shoot.
  • Shooting sounds cannot be heard by everyone. (as i am always in a group, often some of us can hear shots, others don’t. Even already pretty close ones.)
  • Weapons and Magazines often get bugged when holding R to switch magazines
  • Car sync fixes
  • Tents are less accessible since 1.05, especially if they are near trees its hard to access them from inside often.
  • The amphibia pistol, even though it sound is suppressed is hearable from very far away like you are standing right next to it.
  • Combat logging
  • ZigZagging, missing inertia

-> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mRFsa_tGsixPDRqcnX-72j277e0sAKLfxgq_Uu3mPc/edit

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

@Greensek

-snip-

• Bullet Damage tweaking

-snip-

These two points really need an official statement. Intended? In the pipeline? No ideas? Just a statement, because basebuilding was introduced as one of the BIG features in 1.0, but is useless right now (besides RP) and never talked about again. PLEASE!

• Beans 2

On 11/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, Tarkules said:

This map is really nice.

Too bad we can't craft any water containers, and can't boil water. I'm depending too much on alcohol, it's becoming an issue 🙂

I boiled water and it worked? Water container would be great!

2 hours ago, hellway13 said:

That's not the point.. if you put something in the game do it good... no bad.. and the cars still flying 😄 nice cash grab recycle map from arma 3 perfect.. This poor people dont know anything about the dayz.. and the devs delete my comments because everytime said what happen with this game.. They want selling recycle map from arma 3 and they cant fix small bugs like unbalancing bases, flying cars, loots bugs, etc. The most fun of this the community modders can fix all of this and are better than the original developers that's crazy. How??. And they are still selling on ps4 and all that players are scamed because the game crashing everytime bsod in ps4 hahah. I buy this game in 2013 and what do you think??, how can you sell something when you game has broken stuffs?? 

What happened with this?? post 1.0??? There promise a lot.. but the results is not good.. the infected zone ??? xD they promised that for 1.0 when we were at 0.63

Instead of giving the community a gift to cover their game crap a little, they want to sell it to you hahahaha. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THAT.

4scs9bh0nif11.png

Cars are flying because poor server perfomance... shit server...because cars are server side... map is not a cash grab recycle from ArmA 3... as a matter fact it's a cash grab recycle from DayZ because it was being made for DayZ but ported to ArmA...
They can't fix Unbalanced bases because they are not working on them because for now they are just a placeholder... they will overhaul it later... just like they did to diseases and all medical bs... i repeat.. BASE BUILDING IS A PLACEHOLDER IT WILL BE OVERHAULED IN THE FUTURE PROBABLY NEXT YEAR! okay... again... flying cars are because of shit server perfomance... and it's connection... and by loot bugs you probably mean Central loot Economy... yea that's fucked they need to fix it... Fix for it is to play modded servers lol ... PS4 is a shit console perfomance wise... SONY is covering that up with exclusives... Xbox is better it's close to PC ... PS4 is basically Dual core pentium processor from 2014 and GTX 460 if that exists it runs like shit on PS4 and also memory is low... BSODs happen always because of RAM... DayZ capable of running on consoles is only released in December 2018 ... that's a bit less then 2 years until next gen consoles... meaning DayZ is made for NEXT GEN consoles... also DayZ doesn't have garbage collection meaning that stuff that loads in the RAM stays there even when they are NOT needed.. so as you travel... buildings and trees are loaded in... and they stay there... not deleted after you move away... On PC there is a mod for Singleplayer where you can spawn all the stuff in the game... and the menu loads up the let's say a building model so it can display it in preview.. and if you scroll trough everything you will eventually crash the game because of RAM limitation and pagefile limitation too.. happend to me last night i think when i was messing around in Singleplayer... idk how much PS4 has ram but on PC if you have 8gb of RAM and only a HDD .. restart the game every 1h... if you got 8gb of ram and a SSD put the game on SSD and set the pagefile/Virtual Memory on the SSD as it's much faster then HDD ... that will eliminate stutters... and extend the time you need to restart the game to maybe 2-3h ... for best DayZ perfomance you need 16gb of RAM but you don't really need it to play 8gb is enough.. Just saying... poor fps and stutters on consoles especially PS4 is because hardware is GARBAGE okay... It's a f***ing miracle DayZ runs on consoles... Take a look at ArmA... it runs like shit even on best of PC's ... imagine it on PS4 lol..  also DayZ while it's Enfusion.. it's also still ArmA engine in some places... 
Also the roadmap... it mostly says that stuff mostly like will not make it... and most of the stuff are Post 1.0 ... that means something can come in 1.07 update or 1.17 lol ... also they probably run into complications with some stuff they want to implement.. They were too ambitious with their wishlist ( Roadmap) and they end up lying... you go make a roadmap for a vacation to idk Greece... and everything is according to plan... until a wild terrorist hijacks the plane and your roadmap goes to doo doo .. your plans are messed up... that kinda of deal happend to them when they actually tried to make the stuff... plans change... stuff happens... deal with it... Atleast they gave us a list of what will be in the game eventually 

33 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

@Greensek

Can you please give some feedback if ANY of this major problems are getting fixed in 1.06?  I couldnt find any of it in the changelog.

• Bullet Damage tweaking
  • Dead or unconscious players are often not lootable because they fall into textures like walls, ground surface and so on.
    • Even if they are lootable, often the item which is in their hand (mostly gun) is not accessible still.
  • Before 1.05 already but still: When you switch your weapons with hotbar from for one rifle to another one for you all looks normal. For people around you, your weapon will often stick out somewhere of your back and you don't have it properly in the hands. This can be abused and make it look like you actually don't have anything in hands but you still can shoot.
  • Shooting sounds cannot be heard by everyone. (as i am always in a group, often some of us can hear shots, others don’t. Even already pretty close ones.)
  • Weapons and Magazines often get bugged when holding R to switch magazines
  • Car sync fixes
  • Tents are less accessible since 1.05, especially if they are near trees its hard to access them from inside often.
  • The amphibia pistol, even though it sound is suppressed is hearable from very far away like you are standing right next to it.
  • Combat logging
  • ZigZagging, missing inertia

-> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mRFsa_tGsixPDRqcnX-72j277e0sAKLfxgq_Uu3mPc/edit

As i said above... Base Building is obviously a PLACE HOLDER until they get to work on it and overhaul it ... have it like Base Building Early Access alpha preview lol it's not finalized... other stuff on your list is mostly server side issues... Combat Logging is a complicated thing to fix... Rust fixed it by having your body in the world rather then just dissapear... and sleeping in DayZ in the bush or building doesn't really make sense...  zigzagging can be fixed but inertia is definitely there... 

16 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Cars are flying because poor server perfomance...

Car issues was termed as longtime goal... devs wrote about it. Complicated task, will last long, official statement was made.

16 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

As i said above... Base Building is obviously a PLACE HOLDER until they get to work on it and overhaul it ... 

No official statement, no roadmap, so a question would be allowed... maybe.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, aaronlands said:

I believe the devs are on record in July stating that there would not be full parity with features that were in older versions of the game.  You will have to look at that particular status report for precise wordage.  How I interpreted it: advanced medical systems might not be returning to the game but this does not necessarily preclude fractures from being implemented in the future. 

Broken bones and fractures will return.  Its not a high priority at the moment and devs want to do it right compared to what we had for the mod and alpha builds of SA.  This means a whole slew of art, animations, and of course programming which are better spent getting other missing features and items from 0.62 into the game.  As much as I miss the mechanic things like vaulting, fishing, and the huge backlog of missing items were more important for the game as a whole.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

Car issues was termed as longtime goal... devs wrote about it. Complicated task, will last long, official statement was made.

No official statement, no roadmap, so a question would be allowed... maybe.

it's obvious that base building is a placeholder... current base building is just a fence and a gate.. what about roofs? walls? windows? ACTUAL doors that only human can go trough and not a gate which is meant for vehicles...? Base Building is fixed with DayZ Expansion mod tho... i feel bad for Console people not having modding support lol 😄 i feel like Console people will spent years until they get a functioning game just like we PC guys did... 🙂