Greensek

DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta

Fantastic news!  I cannot wait to be mauled by a bear.  Repeatedly.  I desperately want to create a gladiator arena for survivors vs bears.  Plz make this happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Fantastic news!  I cannot wait to be mauled by a bear.  Repeatedly.  I desperately want to create a gladiator arena for survivors vs bears.  Plz make this happen. 

FFS don't give CBS any more ideas for reality shows, will ya? 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha.

There's lots of science to be had.  Infected vs bears.  Wolves vs bears.  Bears vs bears(?).  Beartraps, Landmines, aggro switches.  How far can I kite one?  How do they interact with vehicles?  Should be fun.

• Like 2

I would have prefered some improvements for infected instead of bears... I don't understand the priorities at BI. I hope the devs working on AI will now focus on these.

Moreover, wasn't the V3S hinted in the trailer ? Is it in ?

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

No you are not dead when bear attacks you... best scenario for surviving a bear encounter is just let the attack happen... there is a big chance that it will not kill you but knock you out and run away... that's what happend to me just now... 
Basically if you can attack and be sure to manage to take down a bear.. do it... if you are not sure if you can take it down... don't try... let the bear rush you... the bear will do a faint attack which will knock you out with a bleeding cut and it will run away and you wake up and bandage... that is the best way to survive a bear... let him attack 🙂 

I think they said there was a chance of that happening. Not necessarily great odds though. Last night I opened the door of a house and a bear charged me, knocking me out. It then proceeded to maul me to death.

I can’t fault what happened, though. It was dark, pouring with rain. Thunder and lighting blasting through the skies 🤤. I sought refuge in a lone house in the forest. That was enough to satisfy me. But then I heard the angry beast roaming around outside! It was genuinely terrifying and one of the most atmospheric experiences I’ve had in gaming. 

(by the way, I opened the door to get a better look - assuming it would be too big to fit through... don’t do that 😂)

Edited by ThePugman

13 hours ago, idie said:

Hey,

Thanks for the info.

I don't understand something, will we have to pay for this DLC ?

The DLC will be paid, although we still haven't officially announced the release date or price.

12 hours ago, ryandev00 said:

No mission file in the MPMissions for Livonia? How can we create a private server with Livonia?

You can't for now. We will have everything available once the DLC releases.

12 hours ago, Nimitz 01 said:

Password to download ?

No need, you just need DayZ Experimental, select any server on the list and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Fixed: An exploit that allowed to peek through walls

You mean 3rd person servers? Are you phasing them out finally so the corner peekers can play the game properly?

Excellent 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

@Greensek I just tested and confirmed - the hard way - that tents still give no shelter from rain. When the onset of hypothermia from getting wet is so quick and shelter hard to find in parts of the map, you really need to fix this bug, if the weather is going to be this harsh in Livonia...

Ugh, I died when tabbed out to write this. Don't even know if it was by zombie, player, wolf or bear. Noob mistake to tab out instead of logging, but it was only 30 seconds ffs 😛

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, zeroy said:

There is no food on the servers, why do you do this everytime? 😄 - Ill keep hunting

I've found food.

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I've found food.

Yeah, today I've found plenty. Yesterday was harder. It is - as always - down to luck and where you look.

WARNING !!! 

After 1 hours of playing levotaviananan , Speed Hack Appear ::!!! Please fix befor release ! 

Plus That say , I hope you 'll put all new things u created , in chernarus , Due to the fact like ferm on houses its a DEV Hub developpemnt FOR chernarus, like the bear etc etc . Thx for the work u ve done. I prefer that Chernarus and levinnanan ll likin together to make a very giant map. 

I've played about a 90 minutes with four characters. Three died due to lack of hydration and the fourth to a KoS survivor although the fourth had hydration problems to.

There seems to be a bug with drinking from a river as that option never appeared for me.

Mushroom spawning in forests seems very low, much lower than DayZ 1.05 although this is very subjective.

I have found two tins food which seemed about right for where I was searching.

The game play is amazing, especially for Open Beta, with nothing to stop me playing now as no need to wait for patches etc.

One thing, I'll not be looking at online maps for a long time as its great to explore a new map, new terrain, building, rivers etc :)

42 minutes ago, malkom-7b75c693685e9033 said:

I've played about a 90 minutes with four characters. Three died due to lack of hydration and the fourth to a KoS survivor although the fourth had hydration problems to.

There seems to be a bug with drinking from a river as that option never appeared for me.

Mushroom spawning in forests seems very low, much lower than DayZ 1.05 although this is very subjective.

The game play is amazing, especially for Open Beta, with nothing to stop me playing now as no need to wait for patches etc.

One thing, I'll not be looking at online maps for a long time as its great to explore a new map, new terrain, building, rivers etc 🙂

i died mostly of dehydration... i looked trough a lot of houses in maybe the biggest town on the map i found nothing to drink xd i had a river but can't drink or i get sick... hydration on Livonia is hard af... i only got hydrated enough from a water well... i feel like they need to improve ways to hydrate yourself... it's waaaaay to harsh like srsly really harsh it's almost like a desert xD

Also may i suggest... next DLC map should either be desert map or jungle map... i would love to play on a desert with canyons and actual sand dunes kinda like Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 4 desert map i think it was called Silk Road... that sort ... with heatwaves and all that 😄 it would be interesting to play DayZ on it plus it would be relatively easy to make i guess... unless there would be a big ass city somewhere like that Fallujah map

I agree with hydration being too much of a problem. You run for 4 minutes and start losing health due to hydration, that is too harsh. I drank an entire water bottle and that lasted me about 20 minutes before being back to red hydration. I mostly jog, too. So it's not the running. Feels unrealistic and like artificial difficulty. and tents do not protect from rain, as another person stated.

Edited by VVarhead

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

@Greensek I just tested and confirmed - the hard way - that tents still give no shelter from rain. When the onset of hypothermia from getting wet is so quick and shelter hard to find in parts of the map, you really need to fix this bug, if the weather is going to be this harsh in Livonia...

Reporting the tents and cold issues to the dev team.

56 minutes ago, malkom-7b75c693685e9033 said:

Regarding the issue with drinking from a river, can you tell me, more or less, where it was? 

As for the mushrooms, I'll be communicating that to the dev team.

8 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

i died mostly of dehydration... i looked trough a lot of houses in maybe the biggest town on the map i found nothing to drink xd i had a river but can't drink or i get sick... hydration on Livonia is hard af... i only got hydrated enough from a water well... i feel like they need to improve ways to hydrate yourself... it's waaaaay to harsh like srsly really harsh it's almost like a desert xD

We are aware of the hydration reports from the community, while it's intended, we will provide this feedback to the dev team.

• Like 3

The river drinking bug was most probably a glitch as I've just managed to drink at a river.

I did find a well, so water was not problem, but suicided as had infection from river drinking.

Onto my 7th character, nearly gone from dehydration.

I've seen two dead survivors, no idea how they died, but neither had much on them.

I've jogged for miles, hardly any fruit, just 4 mushrooms for seven characters.

As others have said, just needs some luck to get started, a bit of hydration and food.

I never attack friendlies, so gearing up takes me awhile.

Edited by malkom-7b75c693685e9033
dreadful spelling etc

2 hours ago, VVarhead said:

I agree with hydration being too much of a problem. You run for 4 minutes and start losing health due to hydration, that is too harsh. I drank an entire water bottle and that lasted me about 20 minutes before being back to red hydration. I mostly jog, too. So it's not the running. Feels unrealistic and like artificial difficulty. and tents do not protect from rain, as another person stated.

I think the issue is with the indicator.  Even when the indicator is full, you actually have a lot more water that you can consume in your reserve.  I've found that consuming more water even with full helps to prolong your hydration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malkom-7b75c693685e9033 said:

One thing, I'll not be looking at online maps for a long time as its great to explore a new map, new terrain, building, rivers etc 🙂

Yeah I want to try avoid izurvive for this one if I can

45 minutes ago, aaronlands said:

I think the issue is with the indicator.  Even when the indicator is full, you actually have a lot more water that you can consume in your reserve.  I've found that consuming more water even with full helps to prolong your hydration.

This is the issue for most people, I think.  The majority of players simply don't drink enough at the well.

I've seen so many players take only a few sips and move on -- that's not enough.  You should be drinking at the well until the moment that the "stomach full" icon appears, which, depending on if you've recently eaten or not, could take 30 sips of water or more!  Yes, that wasn't a typo -- thirty!  If you're stopping as soon as the bottle indicator turns white, you've stopped too soon and may have just signed your death sentence.  Personally, I have never died due to lack of hydration -- ever, including in Livonia.

As a new spawn, you need to play cautiously.  DO NOT hold down the Shift key yet, in other words!  Kill some infected as they may have drinks on them, check the trees for dropped fruit and as you consume that fruit which gives you some hydration, follow the roads or power lines which should lead you to a city with a well.

Edited by drgullen

There are no broken bones / fractures in this game anymore? lol, back to 0.62 for me I guess.

I was a returning player vom 0.62 and didn't know this wasn't in-game anymore. Any reasons for this? Is it planned for it to come back?

17 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

There are no broken bones / fractures in this game anymore? lol, back to 0.62 for me I guess.

I was a returning player vom 0.62 and didn't know this wasn't in-game anymore. Any reasons for this? Is it planned for it to come back?

I believe the devs are on record in July stating that there would not be full parity with features that were in older versions of the game.  You will have to look at that particular status report for precise wordage.  How I interpreted it: advanced medical systems might not be returning to the game but this does not necessarily preclude fractures from being implemented in the future. 

So excited for Livonia. Hopefully it will release by my Thanksgiving break on the 25th. There are plenty of bugs that should be addressed accordingly, but the biggest issue is with the cap on AR spawns. So many players are able to stash all the ARs on a server, really hindering the replayabilty. I only enjoy this game when I have a motivation to play it (high tier loot that will actually spawn). Obviously this won’t be a problem at launch, but it will certainly be the weeks following.

Also, I really appreciate the focus on survival. Quite a treat for the veterans that have mastered chernarus. Personally, I wish placed tents could protect you from rain, especially if there won’t be shelter in the south.

@Greensek  Hypothermia is a killer on this map. As much as I’m loving Livonia, it’s really highlighted the weaknesses in those mechanics. The problem is you lose health too quickly. There needs to be more depth. There are supposedly ‘colds’ in the game (coughing, sneezing) but most people haven’t had one all year! You would think that being in the rain for 5+ minutes would trigger a cold, instead of nearly killing you.

The storms with thunder and lightning are amazing spectacles. But, as I type this, my character has been indoors for 10 minutes now... I’m waiting for the rain to pass, because otherwise, it will kill me. Waiting for an RNG storm to finish is not exactly enjoyable gameplay. I want to explore the beautiful landscape, but I can’t. At the very least, we need more waterproof items! But I would prefer if there were more unique, but not ‘life-ending’ penalties. Earlier on, I was walking through heavy rain for no more than a minute, and I started losing health. The current system doesn’t feel suited to the heavy storms of Livonia.

• Like 2

Been playing Livonia for a while now and the weak part on this map is dehydration and coldness. If it rains for 5 min and you can't get a fire up (middle of a forest) you are dead even if you take cover in a house/shed. (What happen with the cover under a tree? ) Also when it stop raining you get dry/healthy temperature in an instant so no need for campfire and warm you up. Perhaps make the coldness something that takes time to be low/high before you start taking damage. In that way it can rain longer. Zeds are cosmetic and not doing any damage at all. I let a zed hitting me and it took like 20-25 times before i died from full health. Basically you can just have a fist fight with any zed and not taking any considerably damage at all. Being to close a campfire and your temp goes sky high and you start losing health.

Else a very nice addition to DayZ.

Edited by Relic77