Greensek

DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta

Hello Survivors,

We are extending the DayZ Livonia Open Beta until November 5 at 5pm CET.

Enjoy the extra hours!

Thank You!

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Amen @MaxwellHouse69420 and don't mind kajmak64bit he started playing 5 years ago if i recall our discussion and he then was 13. So he is now 18, basically still a kid, so his pov is that of one. Cant blame him for narrow vision. We can blame him for the insults and tone he uses in his posts. 

But like you said maxwell the mods are more prone to cleaning anti BI posts/content then moderating a discussion forum.

As for the topic of Livonia i like it so far but I WILL NOT buy the OR any DLC. Why? I paid for the game that came with a promise.

I helped exp builds being discussed and testen. And what do it get? Not my bow thats for sure 😂

I'm not a kid i'm a teen moving to adolescence... Just because you people cry about DLC not being free doesn't mean you should like bully me for it because i love the game... And i don't mind spending my money which is for me hard to come by on this game and Bohemia because the DLC is worth the money regardless wether they said DLC's will be free for Alpha owners... I don't give a crap about spending more money to get even more enjoyment and fun from this game... Even if i was living in a shack playing on a very old shitty pc that runs dayz at 15fps i would still enjoy it and give my money to the devs because i love the game and the devs.. I see good in Bohemia... You guys only see bad things... I really think if you acted nice towards the devs we could have gotten faster dev time... And maybe even Free DLC but there is so much filth in this community that act like ass towards the devs they would give the DLC for free but you don't deserve it to get it for free 🙂 that's my opinion xD i understand it's a bit silly this last part but who knows it might be true... But as i said.. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint that they would give the DLC for free for huge part of their player base... Because most of us got DayZ while it was in Alpha... But i personally see Alpha as some kind of proof of concept and Beta as in Engine Complete game.. Which DayZ is in right now although they say it's full but it is Beta... So beta is engine complete with content being added and re added.. And some new mechanics that previously were not in.. Like ability to attach glow stick to backpack... DayZ has started from scratch on a new engine which is more stable and better perfoming... That allows the devs to now focus on bug fixes and content... Previously they were working on the new engine and basically stopped with content updates but they still released some to keep the game active until the new engine is done... Now that it's done... They can focus on making the actual game... Because all progress that they done before was basically almost useless... Since now they have to remake everything from scratch. 

DayZ being on consoles kinda make sense giving the type of genre DayZ is... It is kinda playable on consoles compared to ArmA... You literally can't play ArmA on consoles not because of performance but the keybinds for all the controls and commands... DayZ being shit on console also doesn't actually make it a scam when you really think about it... Which i just did lol... DayZ is first a very hard game to run you need somewhat decent PC to run it enjoyably... Also on PC you can customize settings... While on consoles... They have old 2013-2014 hardware and that is same time DayZ was first released as Standalone... Now that the next gen consoles are around the corner in 2020... I'm sure DayZ would be really fucking good on next gen consoles because of hardware... It might be even better then most PC's that people play on xD also on consoles you can't customize settings... And trust me.. Shadows eat memory... So shadows should be set to like low and not medium or high settings on consoles... If Bohemia gave ability to customize settings on consoles i'm sure it will get a lot better.. But on consoles it's always graphics first then fps... Honestly people who got it on consoles it's kinda their own fault to run head first into DayZ without researching how the game is on consoles... From other people's e gameplay.. Let's hope Bohemia gives the game for free for the people who got DayZ on console to next gen consoles... Or will it be compatible with next gen consoles so you don't need to buy it again for new consoles if you have it on old one.. 

So basically reason why DayZ on consoles is shit is because they are weak... Consoles are really fucking old they are ancient... Literally... Please don't be insulted by this... It really is the truth... PS4 was released in 2014... Lot of advancement in technology has been made since.. DayZ is basically made for next gen consoles... Simple 🙂

Dear Dev's,

I really like the map and couldn't find any misplaced things so far.

Bugs:

- squeaking noise while crouching with the B95 and the Double-Barreled Shotgun ( fix that before releasing 1.06 )
- black items when its getting dark or twillight ... it would be better to make them greyish and not fully dark ( might needs some tweaking )

Contra:

- a little more Food/Softdrinks would be nice... just a little bit.
- add more wolves ( small groups ) and Bears or increase the Spawns

Pro:

- fixed sound with Knife and Sheeta
- awesome Map
- nearly awesome Balance of Weapons ( i could rarley find Military Guns ) which may already been looted

Kind regards

Michael

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

Hello Survivors,

We are extending the DayZ Livonia Open Beta until November 5 at 5pm CET.

Enjoy the extra hours!

Thank You!

Will cars work by release of map, and if not  how do can you call this a finished game when it cant perform functions.  Cars are a need in the game. So they need to be drivable.

DO NOT add the "catch the rain" option to the game on Liviona.  It will turn the new card into a joke ... because now the water in the deep forests is too important.  

That it comes as a DLC I realized when I played the map.  Liviona is a level-up gameplay challenge from Chernarus.

• Beans 1

In general, everything is not bad. In my opinion, you can refine the appearance of loot as well as spawn newcomers. I also think it is necessary to return the loot to the green military towers.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Cars are flying because poor server perfomance... shit server...because cars are server side... map is not a cash grab recycle from ArmA 3... as a matter fact it's a cash grab recycle from DayZ because it was being made for DayZ but ported to ArmA...
They can't fix Unbalanced bases because they are not working on them because for now they are just a placeholder... they will overhaul it later... just like they did to diseases and all medical bs... i repeat.. BASE BUILDING IS A PLACEHOLDER IT WILL BE OVERHAULED IN THE FUTURE PROBABLY NEXT YEAR! okay... again... flying cars are because of shit server perfomance... and it's connection... and by loot bugs you probably mean Central loot Economy... yea that's fucked they need to fix it... Fix for it is to play modded servers lol ... PS4 is a shit console perfomance wise... SONY is covering that up with exclusives... Xbox is better it's close to PC ... PS4 is basically Dual core pentium processor from 2014 and GTX 460 if that exists it runs like shit on PS4 and also memory is low... BSODs happen always because of RAM... DayZ capable of running on consoles is only released in December 2018 ... that's a bit less then 2 years until next gen consoles... meaning DayZ is made for NEXT GEN consoles... also DayZ doesn't have garbage collection meaning that stuff that loads in the RAM stays there even when they are NOT needed.. so as you travel... buildings and trees are loaded in... and they stay there... not deleted after you move away... On PC there is a mod for Singleplayer where you can spawn all the stuff in the game... and the menu loads up the let's say a building model so it can display it in preview.. and if you scroll trough everything you will eventually crash the game because of RAM limitation and pagefile limitation too.. happend to me last night i think when i was messing around in Singleplayer... idk how much PS4 has ram but on PC if you have 8gb of RAM and only a HDD .. restart the game every 1h... if you got 8gb of ram and a SSD put the game on SSD and set the pagefile/Virtual Memory on the SSD as it's much faster then HDD ... that will eliminate stutters... and extend the time you need to restart the game to maybe 2-3h ... for best DayZ perfomance you need 16gb of RAM but you don't really need it to play 8gb is enough.. Just saying... poor fps and stutters on consoles especially PS4 is because hardware is GARBAGE okay... It's a f***ing miracle DayZ runs on consoles... Take a look at ArmA... it runs like shit even on best of PC's ... imagine it on PS4 lol..  also DayZ while it's Enfusion.. it's also still ArmA engine in some places... 
Also the roadmap... it mostly says that stuff mostly like will not make it... and most of the stuff are Post 1.0 ... that means something can come in 1.07 update or 1.17 lol ... also they probably run into complications with some stuff they want to implement.. They were too ambitious with their wishlist ( Roadmap) and they end up lying... you go make a roadmap for a vacation to idk Greece... and everything is according to plan... until a wild terrorist hijacks the plane and your roadmap goes to doo doo .. your plans are messed up... that kinda of deal happend to them when they actually tried to make the stuff... plans change... stuff happens... deal with it... Atleast they gave us a list of what will be in the game eventually 

As i said above... Base Building is obviously a PLACE HOLDER until they get to work on it and overhaul it ... have it like Base Building Early Access alpha preview lol it's not finalized... other stuff on your list is mostly server side issues... Combat Logging is a complicated thing to fix... Rust fixed it by having your body in the world rather then just dissapear... and sleeping in DayZ in the bush or building doesn't really make sense...  zigzagging can be fixed but inertia is definitely there... 

You think is ok selling one game on ps4 and you cant play that??? basebuilding are implement on 0.63 and you have excuse for all that? perfect and why the community modders can fix it and this devs no??.. If you think is ok selling one game broken for ps4 you wrong.. is not the ps4 is the game.. You have to do a game to play on console first and later can sell that... if you have a garbage console and they are selling the game for that console and are not working properly is your fault.. no the console.. 
I do not want to continue talking about the irregularities of the game over the years the "improvements" since 2013 and stuff, because im wasting my time talking to a person whose excuse is "is the fault of the console and not the game" that they are supposedly selling for that console...

Lets all just stop discussing with him. (We all know who him is)

He fails to see the points being made because he is blind staring on his own points.

Appearently the fact that he is enjoying the game makes all other points obsolete. And we all should be enjoying the game..... 

Oh and be nice to the devs appearently they work harder if we do......

Damn man you made a lot of bs in your posts. 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

You People said YEARS ago that there would be NO PAID DLC AND WE WOULD GET ALL FUTURE CONTENT FOR FREE .

why the hell are you backpedaling on that now ? You haven’t even finished the game , where’s contaminated zones , where’s helicopters + 2 wheeled vehicles , where’s shooting from windows (trello post 2 years ago shows this as “coming soon”), where’s soft skills like medic / mechanic / pilot, where’s less than lethal weapons , where’s roaming zombie hordes , where’s barricading ? You have SOOOO much to add and yet you’re telling us (those that supported you since December of 2013) that we have to pay AGAIN for a new map that surely everyone will be playing ?

Thanks SO MUCH for going back on your words , and thanks SO MUCH for not even feature completing your game before forcing us to pay more to unlock features and content . Incredibly disappointed in these decisions , and I’m truly not sure if i want to play Dayz until we at least get the aforementioned features that we are still missing.

I can’t even state how disappointed I am with the “new devs” way of things , where’s the integrity anymore ?

I cant believe i find one guy who understand.. i bought this game in early access.. i buy this game on alpha 2013 and this kids dont know what they promise and was.. DLCS will BE FREE  for the people who bought the game on early access..  i dont know if you see all the implements to now.. but like i said in all post they promisd a lot and we dont get nothing... Now they want selling something when they promised was be free.. You can lie me about post 1.0, infected zone, physx, big improvements about cars, base building, etc.. but this.. is alot....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hellway13 said:

You think is ok selling one game on ps4 and you cant play that??? basebuilding are implement on 0.63 and you have excuse for all that? perfect and why the community modders can fix it and this devs no??.. If you think is ok selling one game broken for ps4 you wrong.. is not the ps4 is the game.. You have to do a game to play on console first and later can sell that... if you have a garbage console and they are selling the game for that console and are not working properly is your fault.. no the console.. 
I do not want to continue talking about the irregularities of the game over the years the "improvements" since 2013 and stuff, because im wasting my time talking to a person whose excuse is "is the fault of the console and not the game" that they are supposedly selling for that console...

Dude it's literally the console... Consoles are weak... They are OLD... Outdated hardware... They are literally on their last breath... New consoles are coming next year... The game is very intense on system memory... Be it RAM or Vram... Consoles don't have enough memory for DayZ... DayZ needs 16gb ram at max to run properly and some tweaking and an SSD to run properly on 8gb... The runs like shit on PC when it is the similar power of that of a console... Console hardware is weak... Hardware in them are that of a medium budget PC of 2014... It might have been good back then... But it has been 5 years since they released... Face it... Consoles are old... And weak... It's the end of their life cycle... Look at GTA V... They released on xbox360 and ps3... Ran like shit... They released it on Ps4... Run a bit better but still runs somewhat like shit because they increased the graphics and resolution... 

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/158130-ps4-pricing-hardware-specs-and-games-detailed-the-anti-xbox-one

Here's the link where it says it's a midrange pc from 2014... 

Here's Linus explaining consoles vs pc

Most of the reasons why DayZ runs like shit is due to memory limitations and HDD bottleneck... 

Can we have a actual DayZ developer here to confirm this once and for all? Please? 

On the one hand, I understand that rain effects seem way too off (like it was liquid nitrogen or something), but on the other - I'm loving the difficulty level of PVE so much! I love bringing my toon back from the brink of death (health indicator blinking for a while), just in time to find a well. Or when I don't have a knife and I'm one bark away from making a campfire, then somebody shows up, we kill a pig and roast it. Just today my health was blinking two times and with a bit of luck (and good knowledge of mechanics) I'm currently warm and well-fed, ready to explore more.

I agree that people shouldn't die after 3 minutes of rain, but... maybe we survivors have barely eked out for a long time? What if out 'full health' status is actually quite low in objective terms, like for a person stranded on a desert island for a long time, without access to health care and proper nutrients? Anyhow, I hope the devs tinker with settings but leave the difficulty, one way or another!

Many people here interpret 'survival' as 'surviving PVP fights'. My approach is more 'staving off death from hunger, thirst and cold'. And Livonia sure delivers! 'Just barely not dying' is my favourite story in DayZ. Too bad Chernarus is currently a soft fantasy world with no actual PVE challenge.

• Beans 5

21 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Lets all just stop discussing with him. (We all know who him is)

He fails to see the points being made because he is blind staring on his own points.

Appearently the fact that he is enjoying the game makes all other points obsolete. And we all should be enjoying the game..... 

Oh and be nice to the devs appearently they work harder if we do......

Damn man you made a lot of bs in your posts. 😂

It is not me who is ignorant here it is you and consoles plebs who do not accept death of their beloved console... 

Also devs did promise us content... We WILL get that content at some point... If you think it's easy please buy a plane ticket and visit Bohemia HQ and have a tour of their office and how they work and in depth information on game development and see for yourself how complex developing such features are... For fck sake not even Scientists know the physics of a bicycle and you want the devs to implement 2 wheeled vehicles... And for the physics of it to be realistic... 

https://www.fastcompany.com/3062239/the-bicycle-is-still-a-scientific-mystery-heres-why

There's proof of that.. Sure they can implement a bicycle but it would drive and work as if you're driving a car and not a bicycle... But they want to make it realistic... 

Also please people.. Realise that cars are processed server side... So if the server lags... The car physics goes to shit... There is literally nothing Bohemia can do about that unless they optimize the physics.. Basically optimize the game... Or as one individual said which i forgot the name of... They implement a system where the cars run client side and server is doing checking of vehicle movement so in case of cheats/hacks like teleportation or speed hack.. the server can teleport the car back to last know legit location.. something of a hybrid between fully client side and server side... 

48 minutes ago, hellway13 said:

Base building was added as a placeholder and proof of concept... They are not working on it right now as it's not the priority... They will work on it.. After they fix bigger issues.. 

54 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

It is not me who is ignorant here it is you and consoles plebs who do not accept death of their beloved console... 

Also devs did promise us content... We WILL get that content at some point... If you think it's easy please buy a plane ticket and visit Bohemia HQ and have a tour of their office and how they work and in depth information on game development and see for yourself how complex developing such features are... For fck sake not even Scientists know the physics of a bicycle and you want the devs to implement 2 wheeled vehicles... And for the physics of it to be realistic... 

https://www.fastcompany.com/3062239/the-bicycle-is-still-a-scientific-mystery-heres-why

There's proof of that.. Sure they can implement a bicycle but it would drive and work as if you're driving a car and not a bicycle... But they want to make it realistic... 

Also please people.. Realise that cars are processed server side... So if the server lags... The car physics goes to shit... There is literally nothing Bohemia can do about that unless they optimize the physics.. Basically optimize the game... Or as one individual said which i forgot the name of... They implement a system where the cars run client side and server is doing checking of vehicle movement so in case of cheats/hacks like teleportation or speed hack.. the server can teleport the car back to last know legit location.. something of a hybrid between fully client side and server side... 

I do not play console. Yeah for fifa. 

You still are not adressing the points made. Yeah again just your own.

Scientist haven't figured out bicyle physics? Give me a break, paperboy even had a working bicycle. Now you are just making things up.

The point and I will make it again; 

No paid DLC was promised for the alpha players. As it should be. I dont mind new players paying for it, but long staying  alpha buying vets should get it. 

We endured all crap so far. Even discussing with (using you own words here) plebs like you for over 6 years 

Good morning all, I found on a small military base a tower on which the ladder is unavailable because a bush is in front, I am sorry but I do not know exactly the place, except that it is between gliniska and Huta (really not accurate), I hope this post can serve.

A modest but hard-working Dayz player

Edited by skyacus

9 minutes ago, skyacus said:

Good morning all, I found on a small military base a tower on which the ladder is unavailable because a bush is in front, I am sorry but I do not know exactly the place, except that it is between gliniska and Huta (really not accurate), I hope this post can serve.

A modest but hard-working Dayz player

Cut the bush/tree it helps. Try that.

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

and yes i did play 0.46 but... i will probably be banned for this but i did play pirated version..

so you didn't put your money where  your mouth is.

25 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

so you didn't put your money where  your mouth is.

Just because i didn't paid for it doesn't mean i would not buy it... I would buy it even for 100$... As i said... I would buy it if i had the means to buy it... I can't buy something onlinr with cash... Where do i insert the cash? CD Drive? XD 

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

I do not play console. Yeah for fifa. 

You still are not adressing the points made. Yeah again just your own.

Scientist haven't figured out bicyle physics? Give me a break, paperboy even had a working bicycle. Now you are just making things up.

The point and I will make it again; 

No paid DLC was promised for the alpha players. As it should be. I dont mind new players paying for it, but long staying  alpha buying vets should get it. 

We endured all crap so far. Even discussing with (using you own words here) plebs like you for over 6 years 

You realise you're bothered because of money... You want something for free... That's not how this world works... Their plans change... It is not possible to giveaway like 80% of the money from DLC... Would you rather get slower and smaller updates or free DLC... Your choice mate... Free DLC or better game development... I would rather take better game development and faster and better updates over free DLC and i'm sure most people will choose that over free map 🙂

16 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

You realise you're bothered because of money... You want something for free... That's not how this world works... Their plans change... It is not possible to giveaway like 80% of the money from DLC... Would you rather get slower and smaller updates or free DLC... Your choice mate... Free DLC or better game development... I would rather take better game development and faster and better updates over free DLC and i'm sure most people will choose that over free map 🙂

I'm not that bothered. Not for money thats for sure. 

I am a man of principle. I could have lived with future content prices are unknown but no.

They stated anyone who helps development and buys the Early Access will have no paid DLCs. A map is dlc. 

Simple to me.

For now continue all you want. I would even encourage mods to clean up our bickering since we stopped contributing on the topic the map Livonia 😎

I guess they extending Open Beta so they can release an update to the experimental tommor so we can test it before ending of it 🙂

played my first session in what feels like forever.... so happy.  i hope the price isnt too high but i love livonia and will def buy the dlc when it drops.  id prob tweek the zeds so they did a bit more damage and higher bleed chance maybe but otherwise it was so enjoyable. 

first 2 toons died to sickness, it was great.  drank from river on first cuz was losing health to dehydration, puked so very very much.  died shortly after that.  

second try i refused to drink river water so just kept searching till health was low.  killed as many zeds as possible hoping to find food/water with no luck.  water meter got to empty and i started to lose health but i stumbled across a pile of human meat from some poor souls murder.  health was crazy low so i ate a cpl pieces of the meat, figured id eventually find a knife so i could make a drill kit and start a fire to cook the rest.  was a bad idea.  gave me some hydration and health but that just gave me false security and i ate the rest.  it was a death sentence.

on third life now and am about half hour in.  some nice fellow gave me a can of peaches and i found a hatchet.  got jumped from behind a little while ago by a guy with a crowbar but managed to kill him before he got me.  he had a bit of food and a can of spite.  think ill be ok for a bit now.  just gotta find a knife.

gotta say before the one guy jumped me i ran into 4 seperate different people that all turned out to be friendly.  am definately pleased with the ratio.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

gotta say before the one guy jumped me i ran into 4 seperate different people that all turned out to be friendly.  am definately pleased with the ratio

I’ve had the same (got KOSed once, met 20 friendlies) and I believe this is directly proportional to the PVE challenge. Common wisdom would say that in harsh environment, people would vie for resources (‘this guy might have food on him’), but it turns out it’s rather the opposite – ‘this guy is surely as hungry as I am and not likely to carry uneaten food on him, so I might as well come up and talk, maybe he has a rope for a fishing rod’ (an actual request I was met with).

If we ever get a map which justifies such harsh settings (Siberia?), I'd fork out a nice handful of bucks and never complain again.

Played the map. Fun and brutal. I had no idea what was going on the entire time. 

Better tidy things up devs. There are lots of AAA games coming in the next 6 months.