Greensek

DayZ Livonia PC Open Beta

51 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

it's obvious that base building is a placeholder... current base building is just a fence and a gate.. what about roofs? walls? windows? ACTUAL doors that only human can go trough and not a gate which is meant for vehicles...? Base Building is fixed with DayZ Expansion mod tho... i feel bad for Console people not having modding support lol 😄 i feel like Console people will spent years until they get a functioning game just like we PC guys did... 🙂

But that's not the point. Shure, Expansion mod will be great. But what's planned in vanilla? That's the question. I play PC only but want to know, where basebuilding and fortification of buildings is going. That's all, and I don't think it's to much to ask for...

• Beans 1

12 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

But that's not the point. Shure, Expansion mod will be great. But what's planned in vanilla? That's the question. I play PC only but want to know, where basebuilding and fortification of buildings is going. That's all, and I don't think it's to much to ask for...

i bet they will overhaul the building next year at this time lol

On 11/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

You're trash... you don't understand how this game works mate... Physics are done server side ... which means laggy shitty server = that happens.. good not laggy server = no items go trough the floor.. same goes for cars

That is not a bug... that's just poor server perfomance... if that happens that means server is laggy 🙂

Why would I worry about server problems, if this is official server and this does not happen in other multiplayer games
*deleted*

Edit by moderation: No personal attacks, thank you.

54 minutes ago, Improviso0 said:

Why would I worry about server problems, if this is official server and this does not happen in other multiplayer games?
Maybe you are too dumb to understand that, along with being very not nice due to stupidity of yours.
I suggest you not to write comments here again, and not annoy people with whatever you possibly have to say, because it is not worth listening too.
Good luck babe🙂

If you don't like the game and the company... refund the game or uninstall it and delete your account from the forums because you're useless to the development of this game and it's future... Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you should get a game that works properly... bugs are bound to happen... instead of crying about DayZ... why not cry about ARK Survival Evolved? Shit they did it worse the DayZ and Fallout 76 COMBINED... shitty unoptimized buggy laggy garbage from a price of like 20$ to 60$ and that is like 20$ more then DayZ ... and DayZ works and runs better then ARK ... People go buy ARK and oh this is ok... people buy a cheaper game that is DayZ ... find a tiny bug... This game is shit needs to be refunded... you're just a bad person that gives devs hate... if devs got a bit more love they would do a better job and be more productive and not fucking depressed because people are hating them for what they do.. DayZ and Bohemia are both great but with a really shitty community filled of assholes like you that literally don't do nothing but hate on both the game and the company... also i was telling the truth... Cars and all that run server side... server lags... everything goes to shit... because OFFICIAL servers are shit because maybe devs are putting the money somewhere else instead hosting super duper high quality i9 CPU and 32gb of RAM servers with super fast SSDs and all that bs... Also ... their 1 server is doing like multiple servers at once because of the hive system... Also nobody in the right mind plays Official servers... they are trash... community servers even vanilla ones run better then official... anyone smart enough to know that official servers are trash will tell you that community servers are better quality and also make the game play better... here you be talking shit while ArmA is literally the same thing as DayZ .. official servers are trash and people play on their own servers with mods like Liberation... Exile... Epoch... RP all that... same will be with DayZ... ArmA and DayZ are Platforms for players to create their own mods and experience

I played the new map.

3 Impressions:

The terrain offers two extremes, open fields and expanses, and extremely dense forest, especially the forest edges and hedges.  

Food / water to stay healthy is a big challenge, especially in relation to the weather (but it is possible).  

The new unknown environment makes the interactions very diverse, KOS / ambush / caution approach / keep distance / escape .... all seen and experienced in about 4 hours of play time.  

My conclusion: Liviona is purely from the map ago, a bigger challenge (Mod can strengthen this or weaken). Survival and PVP are demanding in this area (the dense forest is very camper friendly ^ ^).  

PS: to the people who complain about the weather on Liviona: what do you want to do in Namalsk when it's published ;-)?

Add: A picture that made me laugh because I interpreted it:

NEW Feature, the live Ingame "Bug-Tracker".

BE3DF9EEF5366AF0E369CF9EB1F2D556BEB5AB2F

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/1/2019 at 5:46 PM, Ethan Beaty said:

So excited for Livonia. Hopefully it will release by my Thanksgiving break on the 25th. There are plenty of bugs that should be addressed accordingly, but the biggest issue is with the cap on AR spawns. So many players are able to stash all the ARs on a server, really hindering the replayabilty. I only enjoy this game when I have a motivation to play it (high tier loot that will actually spawn). Obviously this won’t be a problem at launch, but it will certainly be the weeks following.

Also, I really appreciate the focus on survival. Quite a treat for the veterans that have mastered chernarus. Personally, I wish placed tents could protect you from rain, especially if there won’t be shelter in the south.

Yeah the stashed ars thing is a pain. On livonia with all the wild forest you could stash the server limit and have them all never found again

6 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I played the new map.

3 Impressions:

The terrain offers two extremes, open fields and expanses, and extremely dense forest, especially the forest edges and hedges.  

Food / water to stay healthy is a big challenge, especially in relation to the weather (but it is possible).  

The new unknown environment makes the interactions very diverse, KOS / ambush / caution approach / keep distance / escape .... all seen and experienced in about 4 hours of play time.  

My conclusion: Liviona is purely from the map ago, a bigger challenge (Mod can strengthen this or weaken). Survival and PVP are demanding in this area (the dense forest is very camper friendly ^ ^).  

PS: to the people who complain about the weather on Liviona: what do you want to do in Namalsk when it's published ;-)?

Add: A picture that made me laugh because I interpreted it:

NEW Feature, the live Ingame "Bug-Tracker".

BE3DF9EEF5366AF0E369CF9EB1F2D556BEB5AB2F

i agree with Namalsk when it releases... it's a frozen desert... what you experience with Livonia when it rains you experience 24/7 .. on Namalsk... you don't have rain... you have SNOW... and you have BLIZZARDS... you have FROZEN food... you need to make a hole in the ice to fish in the pond... it's gonna be really hardcore 😄 like 10x hardcore then Livonia on Hardcore settings xD

• Beans 1

So here is my feedback after playing about 15hrs on hardcore servers throughout the weekend.

It's hard, really hard to survive but if you already know most of the game's mechanics, it is possible and somehow I kinda like it. But while I was playing, I was always wondering how can this be enjoyable by a new player, by someone who just paid 40€ for the game. If you are new to the game it is just impossible to stay alive for more than 20 minutes. 

The hardest part is the beginning of the game when you are a bambi. I think we shouldn't spawn with such a low level of hydration because most of the time you start to die literally 3 to 5 minutes after you spawned. Some times, even though I knew where was the nearest well I just didn't have time to reach it before losing health. And because thirst is such a big problem now, for the first time in more than 3500hrs and 5 years on DayZ, I have seen a lot of people camping wells to kill other survivors. That means now, I feel more confident looting an airfield or a military base than going to drink at a well even in the most remote village! So if you're a bambi and someone is camping the nearest well with an AK, you know you have 0 chance to survive. 

Regarding the loot economy, (especially in the evening on EU servers) I just couldn't find anything at all. There was like 1 item every 10 houses, which is so depressing. And as some people already said before, buildings close to hospitals will also spawn medical supplies (same for buildings close to military areas), I don't know if that's intended or not. 

About the weather, I think it is way too punishing right now. When it's raining, being cold can kill you in just about 10 minutes which is absurd. I think cold should have a long term effect, your character should be coughing or maybe be slower, get hungry faster, etc. And what's the point of raincoats and drybags now? Even though I had both, my character was still freezing in the rain. I think it should protect 100% against the rain as it used to in the past.  

Let's quickly talk about bleeding. This is something I think you definitely have to change since people have been complaining since the release of 1.05. We are dying way too fast from blood loss. Even if you just cut a bush with you hands and cut yourself, if you don't bandage immediately you will die in literally 1.5 minutes. I understand that my character would lose a lot of blood if he gets shot by a Mosin but not because he cut a bush or got hit once by a zombie... 

Regarding the map itself, I think it's great. However, maybe you should increase the stamina a little bit since we have a lot of huuuge fields to cross and being forced to walk in the middle of one because you don't have stamina anymore is horrible 🙂 Also, there are a few buildings inside which you can see through walls in first person. That's the case of the bunkers' ceiling for example. And I encountered one shed which door was facing a wall so it was impossible to get in (I will edit my post if I can find it again to provide the location).

To summarize, it was very fun playing Livonia for me and my friends because we are very experienced DayZ players and it was nice to be lost again on a big map. But I truly believe that it would be absolutely horrible to play if you are not experienced because if you want to survive on Livonia you will have to know how to make a fire, how to fish and hunt... You can't survive simply looting buildings, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. 

I got a question about the DLC. Will bears (as well as game mechanics and items implemented with the DLC like the radio) will also be released on the base version of the game on Chernarus? I would be happy to pay for the map but to be honest, I would be terribly disappointed if I have to pay for things that were teased for years and promised to me when I bought the game. 

• Like 1

My feedback after putting in 34 hours since release:

This is a hardcore map and I love it.  Like others, my first three characters died from dehydration/starvation.  My last character has been alive for ~30 hours.  I've been to the South and back, linked up with two separate friends, and generally went all over the map.  I had to make tough decisions.  I was about to starve to death, and on the verge of dying, I ate raw meat since I had no way to cook it.  It got me sick but I survived.  I was sick for probably 20 hours and searched no fewer than 10 clinics and couldn't find any antibiotics.  I finally found some on some survivors I killed.  I've gone on the best killing streak I've ever had in DayZ.  It's so nice because the playing field is so much more even now.

Pros:

Survival (food/water/temperature/etc.) is no longer an afterthought.  It is a constant struggle.  You have to take risks that you might otherwise avoid.  It's fun.

I initially didn't like how much it rained.  It's finally starting to grow on me now.  I would hold my raw food until I was stuck in a building during a rainstorm.  Then I would take the time to cook or refill ammo or other sorts of things.  The rain also can provide cover, and adds another element of risk/reward.

I like the way that military loot is spread throughout the map now.  Sure, you can go to a base and likely encounter other players, or you can go to one of the many bombed/burned villages and slowly sort through them all and maybe find a diamond in the rough.

The map and the new surviving challenge is really synergistic with lone-wolf style gameplay.

Cons:

The harshness of the survival aspect may turn off new players (as others have mentioned).

I had several inventory-related bugs.

I wasn't able to find a single hospital while looking for a place with antibiotics.

EDIT: I found the field hospital area.  To whoever designed and built that area, absolutely marvelous job.  The whole area looked like barely organized chaos.  Then I came across the mass graves... chilling.  Fantastic work.

Edited by Vernei
Updated
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:57 PM, Greensek said:

Patchnotes 1.06

Hide contents

FIXED

• Fixed: The prison castle object was disappearing in the distance

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Lowered the chance to find food on infected
  • Tweaked: Global lighting configuration (darker overcast, less blue in the sky during high sun angles and clear skies)
  • Tweaked: Ovens made from a fireplace now last 7 days (instead of 2 hrs)
  • Tweaked: Teddy bears are no longer spawning with items in their cargo

@Greensek A few comments to the above bullet points:

1. Pretty sure the prison building still disappears at distance. I could see it wink in and out of existence several times.

2. Chance of infected dropping food is still too high, it was easy to survive solely by killing infected.

3. Lighting in Livonia looks awesome - but cloud textures at night still look like oil slicks. The colours are wrong, it looks really bad.

4. Very good with the stone oven persistence! Is the timer reset when players interact with the fireplace?

5. Why remove rags from the teddybears, give them a chance for more variation instead!

Some general feedback:

• Server performance has taken a major turn for the worse, when the servers were full players were teleporting left and right, doors had a one second delay before opening after tapping F and in the end the infected were frozen in place and could barely move. I could run around aggroing them all and all they could do was stand there and scream, they couldn't give chase so it was perfectly safe to kill them off one by one and loot enough peaches and spaghetti to get fat. It became progressively worse over time after server restart, so maybe there's a memory leak and some Livonia-specific geometry issues that hogs the servers?
  • Melee weapon wear was long overdue, but it seems slightly too harsh at the moment. If wear is going to be this quick the repair items (sharpening stone/duct tape) need to be more common. In 7-8 hours spent in Livonia I have found one roll of duct tape and zero sharpening stones.
  • I will not agree with the general crying about hydration and hunger. Survival actually being a factor again is very refreshing, PLEASE don't cave in to the complaints about this! Many players have grown too accustomed to trivial survival mechanics, let them adjust to the game being what it is supposed to be, and not the other way around. I started playing in 0.62 and yeah I died a lot in the beginning, to hunger, thirst, cholera, cold and infected. But I learned to survive - and so can anyone else new to the game at this point. DayZ is supposed to be hardcore, now that it is finally getting there again - keep it that way!
  • However, since chlorine tablets seem more rare than duct tape, I would suggest to quickly enable boiling water to sterilise it.
  • The wetness and cold mechanic needs some serious looking into. You lose health far to quickly when you get wet - but then you'll get dry and and warm again far too quickly too. Others have suggested above to make the onset of hypothermia a gradual thing, to allow some movement in the rain. Then getting dry again should at least require a fire - I would say the current rate of clothes drying would be fine if you have a fire, but without one it should be much, much slower. Getting indoors should slow down the cooling down - halting it completely if you wring out your clothes - but to get dry should take at least ten times as much time without fire, or there simply is no reason to make one.
  • I love that car parts now spawn on car wrecks, a very sensible change. It is a bit annoying though that you can't interact with the doors that aren't "spawned". I suppose it is to save performance, but it feels like a step backwards since you've been able too open every door on most wrecks for so long.
  • The map itself is a masterpiece, I have loved every second spent in Livonia so far, even though some murderous fool shot me in the back of the head when I was about to try fishing. I'll move further into the boonies before I try again...
Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, magexx said:

So here is my feedback after playing about 15hrs on hardcore servers throughout the weekend.

It's hard, really hard to survive but if you already know most of the game's mechanics, it is possible and somehow I kinda like it. But while I was playing, I was always wondering how can this be enjoyable by a new player, by someone who just paid 40€ for the game. If you are new to the game it is just impossible to stay alive for more than 20 minutes. 

The hardest part is the beginning of the game when you are a bambi. I think we shouldn't spawn with such a low level of hydration because most of the time you start to die literally 3 to 5 minutes after you spawned. Some times, even though I knew where was the nearest well I just didn't have time to reach it before losing health. And because thirst is such a big problem now, for the first time in more than 3500hrs and 5 years on DayZ, I have seen a lot of people camping wells to kill other survivors. That means now, I feel more confident looting an airfield or a military base than going to drink at a well even in the most remote village! So if you're a bambi and someone is camping the nearest well with an AK, you know you have 0 chance to survive. 

Regarding the loot economy, (especially in the evening on EU servers) I just couldn't find anything at all. There was like 1 item every 10 houses, which is so depressing. And as some people already said before, buildings close to hospitals will also spawn medical supplies (same for buildings close to military areas), I don't know if that's intended or not. 

About the weather, I think it is way too punishing right now. When it's raining, being cold can kill you in just about 10 minutes which is absurd. I think cold should have a long term effect, your character should be coughing or maybe be slower, get hungry faster, etc. And what's the point of raincoats and drybags now? Even though I had both, my character was still freezing in the rain. I think it should protect 100% against the rain as it used to in the past.  

Let's quickly talk about bleeding. This is something I think you definitely have to change since people have been complaining since the release of 1.05. We are dying way too fast from blood loss. Even if you just cut a bush with you hands and cut yourself, if you don't bandage immediately you will die in literally 1.5 minutes. I understand that my character would lose a lot of blood if he gets shot by a Mosin but not because he cut a bush or got hit once by a zombie... 

Regarding the map itself, I think it's great. However, maybe you should increase the stamina a little bit since we have a lot of huuuge fields to cross and being forced to walk in the middle of one because you don't have stamina anymore is horrible 🙂 Also, there are a few buildings inside which you can see through walls in first person. That's the case of the bunkers' ceiling for example. And I encountered one shed which door was facing a wall so it was impossible to get in (I will edit my post if I can find it again to provide the location).

To summarize, it was very fun playing Livonia for me and my friends because we are very experienced DayZ players and it was nice to be lost again on a big map. But I truly believe that it would be absolutely horrible to play if you are not experienced because if you want to survive on Livonia you will have to know how to make a fire, how to fish and hunt... You can't survive simply looting buildings, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. 

I got a question about the DLC. Will bears (as well as game mechanics and items implemented with the DLC like the radio) will also be released on the base version of the game on Chernarus? I would be happy to pay for the map but to be honest, I would be terribly disappointed if I have to pay for things that were teased for years and promised to me when I bought the game. 

Thank you for the feedback.

The only premium part of Livonia will be the terrain.

The bear, the weapons and even the new Livonia assets, will be available to anyone even if you don't purchase the Livonia DLC.

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

@Greensek A few comments to the above bullet points:

1. Pretty sure the prison building still disappears at distance. I could see it wink in and out of existence several times.

2. Chance of infected dropping food is still too high, it was easy to survive solely by killing infected.

3. Lighting in Livonia looks awesome - but cloud textures at night still look like oil slicks. The colours are wrong, it looks really bad.

4. Very good with the stone oven persistence! Is the timer reset when players interact with the fireplace?

5. Why remove rags from the teddybears, give them a chance for more variation instead!

Some general feedback:

• Server performance has taken a major turn for the worse, when the servers were full players were teleporting left and right, doors had a one second delay before opening after tapping F and in the end the infected were frozen in place and could barely move. I could run around aggroing them all and all they could do was stand there and scream, they couldn't give chase so it was perfectly safe to kill them off one by one and loot enough peaches and spaghetti to get fat. It became progressively worse over time after server restart, so maybe there's a memory leak and some Livonia-specific geometry issues that hogs the servers?
  • Melee weapon wear was long overdue, but it seems slightly too harsh at the moment. If wear is going to be this quick the repair items (sharpening stone/duct tape) need to be more common. In 7-8 hours spent in Livonia I have found one roll of duct tape and zero sharpening stones.
  • I will not agree with the general crying about hydration and hunger. Survival actually being a factor again is very refreshing, PLEASE don't cave in to the complaints about this! Many players have grown too accustomed to trivial survival mechanics, let them adjust to the game being what it is supposed to be, and not the other way around. I started playing in 0.62 and yeah I died a lot in the beginning, to hunger, thirst, cholera, cold and infected. But I learned to survive - and so can anyone else new to the game at this point. DayZ is supposed to be hardcore, now that it is finally getting there again - keep it that way!
  • However, since chlorine tablets seem more rare than duct tape, I would suggest to quickly enable boiling water to sterilise it.
  • The wetness and cold mechanic needs some serious looking into. You lose health far to quickly when you get wet - but then you'll get dry and and warm again far too quickly too. Others have suggested above to make the onset of hypothermia a gradual thing, to allow some movement in the rain. Then getting dry again should at least require a fire - I would say the current rate of clothes drying would be fine if you have a fire, but without one it should be much, much slower. Getting indoors should slow down the cooling down - halting it completely if you wring out your clothes - but to get dry should take at least ten times as much time without fire, or there simply is no reason to make one.
  • I love that car parts now spawn on car wrecks, a very sensible change. It is a bit annoying though that you can't interact with the doors that aren't "spawned". I suppose it is to save performance, but it feels like a step backwards since you've been able too open every door on most wrecks for so long.
  • The map itself is a masterpiece, I have loved every second spent in Livonia so far, even though some murderous fool shot me in the back of the head when I was about to try fishing. I'll move further into the boonies before I try again...

Thanks for your feedback and bug report.

I will be communicating this info to the dev team.

• Like 1

Might have discovered a bug that allowed me to hear my killer talk long after I died. Pretty hilarious hearing them get inconvenienced though.

Anyway, that marks the end of my Livonia experience. Is it worth a buy? Sure, just depends on the price. One thing that definitely stood out was the survival aspect of Livonia. The scarcity of food and clean water made for some interesting situations. (I'm not sure if the scarcity was just because of the influx of freshies). And the most important thing for me was the zombies. Their numbers actually affect gameplay now. If anyone's visited the prison I somehow got chased by 30+ zombies there. Got into multiple firefights that got overrun by zombies too. Imo, zombies are almost there. Their vision needs a slight buff, their aggro scream should attract a bigger area, the melee combat clunkiness vs infected needs to be smoothened out (Engaging in melee is like 90% of PvZ situations, please improve it), gunshots should attract zombies from a wider area. And of course the usual zombie climbing AI improvement and ability to break doors. This game can be pretty fun when PvE/surviving is somewhat challenging. 

It's been refreshing having to worry about resources and sickness and weather and infected over the weekend... Not just other players. (A lot of balancing needs to be done but it's a good start). Hopefully Chernarus' weather, zombies and resources get harsher too. 

Edited by repzaj1234

Well, I am rather new to DayZ in general. My friends convinced me to play on a private server where it was only a bunch of us. We all worked together against the environment. I did pretty well as the "scrounger" I had good luck finding everything. On to Livonia. I was terrified to even try the beta on my own rest of my guild was busy doing other things and getting ready for RDR2. But thought I would try out this DLC.

I can't tell you the number of times I died just trying to find water and food. Extremely difficult at the beginning with your hydration so low. One time I was just a moment away from a water well to drink and died right there. It was extremely frustrating. Trial and error. Medical supplies are in existence but finding any antibiotics to cure whatever you have from drinking from the River. Side Note. I don't think drinking from a river should not make you sick. Its running water. I lived on a farm. It was always safe to drink from moving water bodies. I didn't get the chance to try and boil water to see if it boiled off the 'bugs" but if not ..it should. So two things here, in the beginning, should have higher hydration to give you a smidgeon of a chance. Two water bodies that move, such as a river or a creek. should be safe. 

I did eventually luck out. I did run into a player or two that I had no clue who they were but we banded together exchanged items that we needed. One fellow helped me learn something pretty basic that I had no idea how to do. Was you could empty water bottles ....but game mechanics ...um cant empty them inside a building...that's a bit silly but you had to go outside and do it .. something we both learned there.. Most of the time would run into asshats that would just kill you outright even though you offered them items anyway. Lucky for me I am rather a vindictive witch, I had a stashed barrel with extras in it, gun and ammo included respawned and killed this one guy just to give the Karma is a bitch lesson. I was rather joyous with that, I am not a pvp person though this game is based mostly on that. But a person such as myself can be useful to any pvper, As I said I am a good scrounger. 

Eventually, I lived long enough to have a very good stash in several places. It took many hours to find ONE antibiotic. By this point though I had water in pots. Though water wells were killing zones, I managed late night early morning to refill and food sources were enough to make it through hydration up until that point. But again you need to glut yourself on water. the usual three arrow trick isn't enough to keep you hydrated for any length of time. I did like some of the others above when it rained I would cook food from animals I had managed to kill on my own. Gave me a regular source of excellent food.

In the end, I really liked Livonia. I don't think will be playing on a public server. Think my friends and I will rent again and explore the whole of the area without dealing with murderous crazies. The number of Zombies was bad enough without your fellow human beings trying to kill you as well. 

Peace out fellow Survivors. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Good day dear developers and players. My gaming experience is 1700 hours +, I liked Livonia. I hope you pay attention to the message and I will receive feedback. I and the people I play with are not happy that the character is dying from the rain. It would be logical if the card was winter. But at the moment we have 2 maps autumn and summer. You can review the penalty systems of a wet character. There was a cold with hypothermia, just (10-20%) a chance to get a cold with prolonged hypothermia. wet clothes slow down as it gets heavier.
This is my feedback from you, mine and many people with whom we share our impressions of the game. I just wish the game to get better. if the players are good, the developer is good too.

I also think that shoes should last longer than now. Bleeding too fast. Melee weapons so fast to ruined =( 

ps : with respect to you , player.

Edited by hegra

4 hours ago, Jazmina said:

Well, I am rather new to DayZ in general. My friends convinced me to play on a private server where it was only a bunch of us. We all worked together against the environment. I did pretty well as the "scrounger" I had good luck finding everything. On to Livonia. I was terrified to even try the beta on my own rest of my guild was busy doing other things and getting ready for RDR2. But thought I would try out this DLC.

I can't tell you the number of times I died just trying to find water and food. Extremely difficult at the beginning with your hydration so low. One time I was just a moment away from a water well to drink and died right there. It was extremely frustrating. Trial and error. Medical supplies are in existence but finding any antibiotics to cure whatever you have from drinking from the River. Side Note. I don't think drinking from a river should not make you sick. Its running water. I lived on a farm. It was always safe to drink from moving water bodies. I didn't get the chance to try and boil water to see if it boiled off the 'bugs" but if not ..it should. So two things here, in the beginning, should have higher hydration to give you a smidgeon of a chance. Two water bodies that move, such as a river or a creek. should be safe. 

I did eventually luck out. I did run into a player or two that I had no clue who they were but we banded together exchanged items that we needed. One fellow helped me learn something pretty basic that I had no idea how to do. Was you could empty water bottles ....but game mechanics ...um cant empty them inside a building...that's a bit silly but you had to go outside and do it .. something we both learned there.. Most of the time would run into asshats that would just kill you outright even though you offered them items anyway. Lucky for me I am rather a vindictive witch, I had a stashed barrel with extras in it, gun and ammo included respawned and killed this one guy just to give the Karma is a bitch lesson. I was rather joyous with that, I am not a pvp person though this game is based mostly on that. But a person such as myself can be useful to any pvper, As I said I am a good scrounger. 

Eventually, I lived long enough to have a very good stash in several places. It took many hours to find ONE antibiotic. By this point though I had water in pots. Though water wells were killing zones, I managed late night early morning to refill and food sources were enough to make it through hydration up until that point. But again you need to glut yourself on water. the usual three arrow trick isn't enough to keep you hydrated for any length of time. I did like some of the others above when it rained I would cook food from animals I had managed to kill on my own. Gave me a regular source of excellent food.

In the end, I really liked Livonia. I don't think will be playing on a public server. Think my friends and I will rent again and explore the whole of the area without dealing with murderous crazies. The number of Zombies was bad enough without your fellow human beings trying to kill you as well. 

Peace out fellow Survivors. 🙂

Zombies numbers were always low... because of server perfomance... they need to optimize them and their AI so we can have like hordes and that stuff just like in The Walking Dead... that's what we need 😄 imagine going into Cherno and see really dense 500 zombie horde 😛 would be really cool... and would really help with KOS ... as if some shithead... shot in Cherno.. he will get swarmed 😛 

On 11/3/2019 at 4:33 AM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

If you don't like the game and the company... refund the game or uninstall it and delete your account from the forums because you're useless to the development of this game and it's future... Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you should get a game that works properly... bugs are bound to happen... instead of crying about DayZ... why not cry about ARK Survival Evolved? Shit they did it worse the DayZ and Fallout 76 COMBINED... shitty unoptimized buggy laggy garbage from a price of like 20$ to 60$ and that is like 20$ more then DayZ ... and DayZ works and runs better then ARK ... People go buy ARK and oh this is ok... people buy a cheaper game that is DayZ ... find a tiny bug... This game is shit needs to be refunded... you're just a bad person that gives devs hate... if devs got a bit more love they would do a better job and be more productive and not fucking depressed because people are hating them for what they do.. DayZ and Bohemia are both great but with a really shitty community filled of assholes like you that literally don't do nothing but hate on both the game and the company... also i was telling the truth... Cars and all that run server side... server lags... everything goes to shit... because OFFICIAL servers are shit because maybe devs are putting the money somewhere else instead hosting super duper high quality i9 CPU and 32gb of RAM servers with super fast SSDs and all that bs... Also ... their 1 server is doing like multiple servers at once because of the hive system... Also nobody in the right mind plays Official servers... they are trash... community servers even vanilla ones run better then official... anyone smart enough to know that official servers are trash will tell you that community servers are better quality and also make the game play better... here you be talking shit while ArmA is literally the same thing as DayZ .. official servers are trash and people play on their own servers with mods like Liberation... Exile... Epoch... RP all that... same will be with DayZ... ArmA and DayZ are Platforms for players to create their own mods and experience

If i pay money for a full f*** game then it should be a full f*** game. People like you are why bohemia doesnt care. Like they havent fixed the game at all for console in anyway shape or form and u have the audacity to ride their ****

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Sample said:

If i pay money for a full fucking game then it should be a full fucking game. People like you are why bohemia doesnt care. Like they havent fixed the game at all for console in anyway shape or form and u have the audacity to ride their dick

First of all i don't play on consoles and i don't give a shit for the consoles... This game shouldn't even be on consoles... it's a miracle that it even runs there... and here you be talking shit like the game was build for consoles in mind and that bs... they obviously released it on consoles to get money 😛 so Consoles are cashgrab and Livonia is not.. Go cry somewhere else and don't litter the forums... Forums are here for people to actually help with DayZ development report bugs and give good feedback wether good or bad not not your REEEE type of feedback... The game is FULL for me... have no issues with it.. i love it and i enjoy the shit out of it... it's not Bohemias fault that you don't find enjoyment out of this beautiful game... there is no other game like DayZ out there... The game is also a PLATFORM .. so they make the platform so people can build on it... look at ArmA ... they don't have jumping over walls and stuff in a MILSIM game... but a modder added it... now it's in DayZ officially 🙂 You don't see the bigger picture... and IN MY OPINION... THIS GAME IS REALLY WORTH 40$ ... it's almost a steal for what you get... and what you will get in the future... the amount of possibilities is really huuge.. the game is 1.0 as in Engine Complete... with new engine comes new programming language... meaning old stuff and code can't be used in new DayZ and had to be remade from scratch.. therefore a lot of content was removed to be reimplemented later... this year is about fixing the game.. the engine... making a stable platform... next year is content... i expect really big content updates next year... with Dayz Expansion mod bringing helicopters... and they work with the devs a bit... i can see helicopters being officially added in year 2020 imma say around this time next year... along with basebuilding overhaul... and Bohemia does care... i report bugs and they see it and fix it... in like 2-3 days time... Bohemia does care... They never abandoned their games... DayZ on any other company would be abandoned ... but Bohemia didn't abandon and instead work on it without giving a fuck what people say and hate on this game and company... look where are we now.. brand new engine with amazing improvement in graphics and perfomance... have luck running in Cherno on pre 0.60 build of DayZ .. if good PCs got like 30 fps there... imagine shitty consoles 😛 unplayable... so yeah.. Bohemia does care... It's not their fault you're a spoiled kid who wants full games from years of EA and Ubisoft which are really big companies compared to Bohemia... in Bohemia there is a bit over 400 employees working on multiple games... on EA and Ubisoft there are over 10 000 employees working on multiple games... therefore it's faster dev time and also they got the funding to do a lot of things fast... Bohemia doesn't.. compared to EA and Ubisoft... 🙂 Also EA and Ubisoft use established engines like Unreal Engine and Unity maybe not sure about unity but yea... also their own engine which is somewhat of a Unreal Engine it's trash... but Bohemia always make their own engine instead of using Unreal Engine with small amount of employees 😄 

• Confused 1

On 11/1/2019 at 3:55 AM, Greensek said:

The DLC will be paid, although we still haven't officially announced the release date or price.

You can't for now. We will have everything available once the DLC releases.

No need, you just need DayZ Experimental, select any server on the list and you're good to go.

You People said YEARS ago that there would be NO PAID DLC AND WE WOULD GET ALL FUTURE CONTENT FOR FREE .

why the hell are you backpedaling on that now ? You haven’t even finished the game , where’s contaminated zones , where’s helicopters + 2 wheeled vehicles , where’s shooting from windows (trello post 2 years ago shows this as “coming soon”), where’s soft skills like medic / mechanic / pilot, where’s less than lethal weapons , where’s roaming zombie hordes , where’s barricading ? You have SOOOO much to add and yet you’re telling us (those that supported you since December of 2013) that we have to pay AGAIN for a new map that surely everyone will be playing ?

Thanks SO MUCH for going back on your words , and thanks SO MUCH for not even feature completing your game before forcing us to pay more to unlock features and content . Incredibly disappointed in these decisions , and I’m truly not sure if i want to play Dayz until we at least get the aforementioned features that we are still missing.

I can’t even state how disappointed I am with the “new devs” way of things , where’s the integrity anymore ?

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nick Sample said:

If i pay money for a full f*** game then it should be a full f*** game. People like you are why bohemia doesnt care. Like they havent fixed the game at all for console in anyway shape or form and u have the audacity to ride their ****

Ya and NOONE seems to care that the devs lied about never making us pay for DLC . The devs legit said over and over and over again for the first 5 years that we would NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR DLC IF WE BOUGHT THE ALPHA .

They lied straight to our face , and now they will delete any posts that show the normies what happened .

@KajMak64Bit2 Livonia IS SURELY A CASH GRAB , why would they make us pay for it if it WASNT just a slimy cash grab ? Stop being so blind , I paid less for star citizen then I have for Dayz now with the admissions of these people backpedaling forcing us to buy another dlc ... and people say SC is a scam ? Pffft .

not only have the devs lied to long standing vets of the community of Dayz mod and the alpha of Dayz sa (without them Dayz stand-alone wouldn’t even exist) but now they are creating TOXIC community members like kajmak64bit2 who , without any ground to stand on , VEHEMENTLY protects the devs poor decisions , but you really can’t defend a lie can you ? 

Please , any other vets who care , chime in and tell these devs how UNFAIR It is to be LIED TO about a dlc . They said for years we would get it for free , why the hell are they changing their stance now with no apology post or post to tell us why they decided to go back on their promise ?

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

10 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Ya and NOONE seems to care that the devs lied about never making us pay for DLC . The devs legit said over and over and over again for the first 5 years that we would NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR DLC IF WE BOUGHT THE ALPHA .

They lied straight to our face , and now they will delete any posts that show the normies what happened .

@KajMak64Bit2 Livonia IS SURELY A CASH GRAB , why would they make us pay for it if it WASNT just a slimy cash grab ? Stop being so blind , I paid less for star citizen then I have for Dayz now with the admissions of these people backpedaling forcing us to buy another dlc ... and people say SC is a scam ? Pffft .

Cash Grab is something of low effort and released quickly to grab some cash... Livonia is far from low effort my dude... i feel like devs should do a live stream on making the maps but i don't think youtube allows months long videos 🙂 Let's say Livonia is an ArmA 3 map... they had to REMAKE it for DayZ... it's not copy paste... remember back in the day pre 0.60 where you could copy paste Chernarus+ into ArmA 3 and play on it with ArmA 3... yeah.. that's because pre 0.60 DayZ was pretty much ArmA in every single way... when they switched to the Enfusion renderer and later to full Enfusion... all that went to shit and you can't copy paste... therefore... maps from earlier games made on ArmA engine and not Enfusion has to be Ported and sometimes even remade... and porting is literally months of work... plus they added more details and stuff like bushes and trees and maybe more buildings if not buildings then surely barricades and more little stuff... by hand which takes long time... Just because it looks the same as ArmA 3.. doesn't mean it's was easily Copy Paste... It's ArmA 3 is like let's say English... and DayZ Enfusion engine is like Chinese... imagine copy pasting English to Chinese... not gonna work bro 😛 But some people say that Livonia was being made for DayZ and ported to ArmA 3 but it isn't officially confirmed...

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Cash Grab is something of low effort and released quickly to grab some cash... Livonia is far from low effort my dude... i feel like devs should do a live stream on making the maps but i don't think youtube allows months long videos 🙂 Let's say Livonia is an ArmA 3 map... they had to REMAKE it for DayZ... it's not copy paste... remember back in the day pre 0.60 where you could copy paste Chernarus+ into ArmA 3 and play on it with ArmA 3... yeah.. that's because pre 0.60 DayZ was pretty much ArmA in every single way... when they switched to the Enfusion renderer and later to full Enfusion... all that went to shit and you can't copy paste... therefore... maps from earlier games made on ArmA engine and not Enfusion has to be Ported and sometimes even remade... and porting is literally months of work... plus they added more details and stuff like bushes and trees and maybe more buildings if not buildings then surely barricades and more little stuff... by hand which takes long time... Just because it looks the same as ArmA 3.. doesn't mean it's was easily Copy Paste... It's ArmA 3 is like let's say English... and DayZ Enfusion engine is like Chinese... imagine copy pasting English to Chinese... not gonna work bro 😛 But some people say that Livonia was being made for DayZ and ported to ArmA 3 but it isn't officially confirmed...

The reason why this is a cash grab has NOTHING TO DO WITH LOW/HIGH QUALITY, so your massive run on sentence really is a moot point , and you could have saved that time for something like practice of grammar/punctuation.

The reason why this is a cash grab (the reason being the thing you completely ignored and glossed over in that ugly ass run on sentence paragraph you just spawned) is that the devs previously stated all DLCS will BE FREE for those that supported and purchased the alpha .... now that they have a bunch new people they are backpedalling and hoping no one remembers their lie . 

This is just another way for them to grab our cash , again it has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with the devs promise that THEY MADE THEMSELVES TO US , and that THEY BROKE BY TELLING US THIS WILL BE PAID DLC .

If any of you people had any dignity left you would agree with me, but go ahead enjoy your 20$ paid dlc that looks almost identical to chernarus in many ways ... enjoy your cash grab while it lasts cuz if they are selling one DLC you damn well know they will sell more DLCs , this game is turning into arma - you can’t enjoy the full game unless you shell out tons of money for all the (should be free according to the devs) dlcs. 

@mods : I see you like to edit “personal attacks” out of peoples posts , so why don’t you go about 6-7 posts above this one and view Kajmak64bit2’s comment aimed towards Nick Sample :

”go cry somewhere else, don’t Litter the forums” 

“you should uninstall and delete your forum account because you are useless” 

You devs gonna defend his personal attacks because he kisses your ass, but you’re going to moderate personal attacks of people who don’t agree with your silly game like the post above with @Improviso0?

Your corrupt favoritism is showing , and it’s almost just as disgusting as the lie about free dlc you recently told us and enforced .

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

The reason why this is a cash grab has NOTHING TO DO WITH LOW/HIGH QUALITY, so your massive run on sentence really is a moot point , and you could have saved that time for something like practice of grammar/punctuation.

The reason why this is a cash grab (the reason being the thing you completely ignored and glossed over in that ugly ass run on sentence paragraph you just spawned) is that the devs previously stated all DLCS will BE FREE for those that supported and purchased the alpha .... now that they have a bunch new people they are backpedalling and hoping no one remembers their lie . 

This is just another way for them to grab our cash , again it has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with the devs promise that THEY MADE THEMSELVES TO US , and that THEY BROKE BY TELLING US THIS WILL BE PAID DLC .

If any of you people had any dignity left you would agree with me, but go ahead enjoy your 20$ paid dlc that looks almost identical to chernarus in many ways ... enjoy your cash grab while it lasts cuz if they are selling one DLC you damn well know they will sell more DLCs , this game is turning into arma - you can’t enjoy the full game unless you shell out tons of money for all the (should be free according to the devs) dlcs. 

there is no way not even for cash grabbing companies to make this dlc 20$ it will be less..  and yes i did play 0.46 but... i will probably be banned for this but i did play pirated version... but before moderators ban me for this.. there was actually a reason to play it because they had cars and sometimes even helicopters back in 0.46 so yeah... i played back then... i was a little kid who obviously had no money... and no way to buy the game as in credit card and other options... i really wanted to buy the game for years.. i played a lot like probably 1000h back then and we all know what mess was it back then... i only got the game when it was on final discount on the old price for 0.63 right before it went 1.0 i think.. a friend got it for me.. was so happy and it changed my life ❤️ Finally i have DayZ which i love very deeply... and also i don't know about that shit where they will not charge DLCs for people who bought Alpha... and honestly im glad they don't.. that's a lot of money wasted because a lot of DayZ owners bought it in Alpha so that's like 90% of the money from DLC lost... if not 90% then it surely above 70% ... not counting console release because probably all of them are new players.. which will probably buy a PC and buy it on PC because of mod support... That is basically the reason why they don't give the DLC for free for people who bought it in Alpha... Alpha was fuck sake like 5 years long xD maybe if they do it free for people who got the game between 2013 and 2015 at latest... but i don't that will happen because a lot of people bought it and own it still.. that's a lot of money wasted... They changed their mind for the good... and Livonia altho it somewhat looks like Chernarus... it really is hugely different if not better it's really beautiful... driving down the road trough open fields it honestly feels like Euro Truck Simulator when driving... looking at beautiful scenery... it's really enjoyable for me.. atleast 🙂 

Also i don't give a crap about my grammar and punctuation... never did... you understand what i write... why would i worry about this ( , ) and full stops . and that bs... it's a personal thing for me... don't judge me by that plz xD I'm just too lazy to worry about that shit.. 

38 minutes ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

@mods : I see you like to edit “personal attacks” out of peoples posts , so why don’t you go about 6-7 posts above this one and view Kajmak64bit2’s comment aimed towards Nick Sample :

”go cry somewhere else, don’t Litter the forums” 

“you should uninstall and delete your forum account because you are useless” 

You devs gonna defend his personal attacks because he kisses your ass, but you’re going to moderate personal attacks of people who don’t agree with your silly game like the post above with @Improviso0?

Your corrupt favoritism is showing , and it’s almost just as disgusting as the lie about free dlc you recently told us and enforced 

Diid u notice homeboy admitted console is a cashgrab??

Edited by Nick Sample
  • Beans 1

I was playing on NY-2 yesterday morning before server restart.  After restart, I was playing and was confined in a police station.  I had to kill about 25 infected to get out of the station and get food.  Killing all the infected appears to have caused that server to experience terrible lag for the rest of the day.

Amen @MaxwellHouse69420 and don't mind kajmak64bit he started playing 5 years ago if i recall our discussion and he then was 13. So he is now 18, basically still a kid, so his pov is that of one. Cant blame him for narrow vision. We can blame him for the insults and tone he uses in his posts. 

But like you said maxwell the mods are more prone to cleaning anti BI posts/content then moderating a discussion forum.

As for the topic of Livonia i like it so far but I WILL NOT buy the OR any DLC. Why? I paid for the game that came with a promise.

I helped exp builds being discussed and testen. And what do it get? Not my bow thats for sure 😂

• Beans 1