ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03

Hello Survivors! 

We have just released the third Platform Update of DayZ on Steam (both the game update and server files update). The 1.03 update features new ways to use your firearms, along with several quality of life improvements and some nice tacticool touches like the ability to attach the NVGs and the Universal Flashlight to your Tactical Helmet, or two brand new belt models!

Get all the details and full patch notes below!

Gunter 2

The Gunter 2 is a small first generation family hatchback with front wheel drive.

Hatchback_02-2.png

VSS

Selective-fire, integrally suppressed marksmen rifle, fed from a detachable magazine. Compatible with KA scopes, using 9x39mm rounds.

vss.png

New & improved weapon attachments

• Regular and armour-piercing 9x39mm ammunition for the VSS
  • Tracer variants for 5.56x45, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R and .308WIN
  • Baraka sights
  • Backup Iron Sights (BUIS)
  • PSO-1-1 Scope, designed for the VSS rifle
  • Bayonets for KA, M4-A1, Mosin 91/30 and SK 59/66

Combat features

• Melee attack with firearms, knocking enemies back

giphy.gif

• Ability to break open locked doors with force

Clothing

• New belt, able to carry a knife sheath, gun holster, and canteen.
  • The Universal Flashlight and the new night vision goggles can be attached to the Tactical Helmet

mich-2.png

• Chemlights and the Handheld Transceiver can now be attached to most backpack stripes

Inventory

• Ability to rotate items in inventory
  • Quick bar working in the inventory

Patchnotes

Notes

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Chinese localisation
  • Added: Switch on/off for walk modifier ('CTRL' by default)
  • Added: Separated hold breath and walk inputs (both 'CTRL' by default)
  • Added: Erect, crouch and prone inputs (no binds by default)
  • Added: Turn on/off headlight/night vision goggles ('L' press/hold by default)
  • Added: Possibility to change the orientation of items in the inventory (press 'SPACE' while dragging item)
  • Added: New vehicle Gunter 2 with its attachments
  • Added: VSS rifle with its attachments
  • Added: 9x39 ammunition
  • Added: 9x39 armor-piercing ammunition
  • Added: Tracer ammunition (5.56x45, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, .308WIN)
  • Added: Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
  • Added: NVG head strap
  • Added: NVG can be attached to Tactical Helmet (hold 'L' to switch on/off)
  • Added: Universal Flashlight can be attached to Tactical Helmet (press 'L' to switch on/off)
  • Added: Baraka sights
  • Added: Backup Iron Sights (BUIS)
  • Added: PSO-1-1 Scope, designed for the VSS rifle
  • Added: Bayonets for KA, M4-A1, Mosin 91/30 and SK 59/66
  • Added: Firearms Melee Attacks with pistols, buttstocks, and bayonets
  • Added: Hand Saw
  • Added: 4-dial Combination Lock
  • Added: Strawberry Jam
  • Added: Handheld Transceiver and Glow Stick attachments on backpacks
  • Added: Separated erect, crouch and prone inputs
  • Added: Quickbar working in the inventory
  • Added: "You are here" marker on each tourist trail map stand
  • Added: Instead of press, some actions are now triggered by holding 'F' button for a continuous action
  • Added: New optional server.cfg parameter - disablePersonalLight = true/false; which toggles personal light on all connected clients
  • Added: Quantity bar for energy based items and fireplace
  • Added: New 'swayModifier' config param for weapons and their attachment
  • Added: Milliseconds to client/server rpt files
  • Added: check to prevent invalid requests from clients (inventory optimization)
  • Added: Possibility to execute different types of melee hits (expanded melee command to execute stationary melee animations)
  • Added: Character statistics into the main menu
  • Added: Baseball/nailed bat
  • Added: Drop and pickup sound for scopes
  • Added: Sounds for death animations
  • Added: Sounds for suicide animations
  • Added: Lock/unlock sound for doors
  • Added: Sounds for prone animation with a rifle in hands
  • Added: One male and one female character sound set
  • Added: Different character sounds when wearing certain headgear (e.g Combat Gas Mask, Motorbike Helmet)
  • Added: Belts (Military and Civilian version) with attachments.
  • Added: Wooden Crate (crafted).
  • Added: Hair hiding mechanism to avoid hair clipping.
  • Added: Sliding down a ladder without gloves (or ruined gloves) can cause a bleeding source, gloves receive damage

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash when planting seed into a watered garden plot (T138343)
  • Fixed: Server error when crafting torch (T136903)
  • Fixed: Building position updated after the first open/close door action (T137749)
  • Fixed: Issue with flickering lights when there were more than 6 lights in render view (now sorted based on the distance) (T136038)
  • Fixed: Transition between close and distant light is now instant (without dark gap in-between)
  • Fixed: Jammed weapons make shooting sounds for other players
  • Fixed: A crash when looking at the outside terrain from the close-up at certain terrain configurations
  • Fixed: Sea outside of the terrain borders was not rendered when enableTerrainSynth was set to false
  • Fixed: Black dots on a single wooden plank model
  • Fixed: Incorrect visuals for Patrol Pants in 1st resolution LOD
  • Fixed: ClockHour and clockMinute animation sources now synchronize with the accelerated time
  • Fixed: Breath vapour should now properly handle temperatures lower than its lower range threshold
  • Fixed: Torch displaying "pieces" as quantity
  • Fixed: A dropped Road flare now points forward, not always north
  • Fixed: A dropped Flash light now points forward, not sideways
  • Fixed: Universal Light and Pistol Light now face forward when dropped, not sideways
  • Fixed: Corrected texts and animations for digging hidden stash
  • Fixed: Watering a garden slot had no progress bar
  • Fixed: Possible desync issues when using base building actions
  • Fixed: Torch did not update its quantity while not burning when rags were added to it
  • Fixed: Infected can attack player through tent walls
  • Fixed: Weapon fire mode is not saved upon relogging (T137708)
  • Fixed: Infected can hit player character through walls (T138230)
  • Fixed: Equipment window gets cut off on specific resolutions (T128448)
  • Fixed: Loot in infected corpses spawns after a while (T133245)
  • Fixed: Drinking gasoline does not harm your character (T117406)
  • Fixed: Character doesn't go to the crouch position when lying on the back and moving (T138970)
  • Fixed: Lens flares are visible when unconscious
  • Fixed: Server crashed when a session was terminated
  • Fixed: Car/Truck battery were invisible when attached to Battery Charger
  • Fixed: Boxed Headlight Bulb could not be opened
  • Fixed: Player could not drink from pumps with item in hands
  • Fixed: NBC Gloves typo
  • Fixed: Input configuration compatibility problems that would result in the character being stuck in crouch, issues with leaning and holding breath
  • Fixed: Issue in vehicle physics regarding in them appearing twitchy to nearby clients
  • Fixed: Server error while drinking from a well.
  • Fixed: Drinking from wells/pumps with an item in hands.
  • Fixed: Quickbar not being visible despite it being on in HUD settings.
  • Fixed: Items could be rotated even when they were not being dragged.
  • Fixed: Buried containers were unable to dig up.
  • Fixed: Inventory could not be scrolled all the way down.
  • Fixed: Weapon swap animations were not played when switched via Quickbar.
  • Fixed: Weapon dropped by restrained player was unusable.
  • Fixed: Player was not able to type into the chat bar.
  • Fixed: Melee with a one-handed item pushed character forward - allowing to look through walls.

TWEAKED

• Changed: Limit of dynamic lights in render view has been increased to 16
  • Changed: Many fixes and tweaks to the Chernarusplus terrain
  • Tweaked: Ladders on deer stands should be easier to get on
  • Removed: airtemperaturecheck() function removed and its functionality moved to a new modifier breathvapourmdfr.c
  • Changed: Config parameter recoilModifier[2] now used to modify cam offset
  • Tweaked: Minor improvements for the fireplaces
  • Tweaked: Minor improvements for the radial menu
  • Tweaked: Improved Road flare particles
  • Tweaked: Torch no longer illuminates the world during daytime any more
  • Tweaked: Muzzle flash illumination range at night increased from 5m to 15m
  • Tweaked: Improved variability of the muzzle flash particle for the VSD and LAR rifles
  • Tweaked: Improved visibility of the blood splatter particle
  • Tweaked: Smoke particles on weapons
  • Tweaked: Decreased lethal radius of the landmines
  • Changed: Melee refactor
    • damaging of vehicles/doors
  • Changed: Extended checking of client-server inventory requests (inventory optimization)
  • Changed: Read and check of file signatures moved to different thread so it won't block the main thread
  • Changed: Checking client signatures on the server is done in multiple frames
  • Changed: Possibility to render proxy objects on creatures
  • Changed: Unified unlocking behaviour for house doors (using Lock pick or brute force)
  • Tweaked: Death darkening not playing when already unconscious
  • Tweaked: Inventory improvements to correctly display more items in the vicinity
  • Tweaked: Inventory icons for bladed weapons, food and drinks
  • Tweaked: Projectiles damage
  • Tweaked: Bleeding sound
  • Tweaked: Distance attenuation for weapons reloads
  • Tweaked: Land Mine activation/explosion sounds
  • Changed: Jumping is disabled when a player is significantly injured
  • Changed: Separated hold breath and walk inputs
  • Tweaked: Disabled locking of aim while the melee attack is committed.
  • Tweaked: Character statistics in the main menu
  • Tweaked: Melee damage
  • Tweaked: Melee armour

MODDING

• Fixed: Cast warning spam caused by a modded playerbase class
  • Changed: Greatly optimized RecipeChache, now built automatically on startup (mods no longer require to rebuild it when adding custom recipes)
  • Changed: Loading unpacked mods using -mod= parameter (both game and workbench) no longer requires deprecated mod.cpp, now reads from CfgMods class in config.cpp
  • Added: '-gproj custom.gproj' parameter to workbench for custom selection of gproj files.
  • Changed: Constants are now moddable through modded class
  • Fixed: FPrint crash when writing extremely large strings to file
  • Changed: Increased max file size limit for script created files to 50MB
  • Added: Despawn times for dead bodies of players, infected and animals can now be assigned separately (CleanupLifetimeDeadPlayer / CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected / CleanupLifetimeDeadAnimal for globals.xml)
  • Added: Energy Manager - new config parameter convertEnergyToQuantity = true;
  • Added: New script events OnQuantityChanged() & OnAttachmentQuantityChanged(ItemBase item)
  • Added: Human::LinkToLocalSpaceOf & Human::UnlinkFromLocalSpace for character link to different entities
  • Changed: Rework of user action inputs, bringing support to add inputs for user actions and modify input behavior.
  • Changed: Rework of user actions initialization. Set actions have been moved from config to script. The use of multiple mods is now supported by the action system. Reduced number of steps for creating new user actions.
  • Tweaked: User actions selection process and conditions check optimizations
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 6

DEVs you shouldn’t rush stable patches so short after EXP launch.. How often you do this mistake?  

Its one thing to do it countless times during early access, a whole different thing at a fully released game.

Already found a whole bunch of NEW bugs 😞

Did you even try to configure some keybindings?   (Yes i cleared game cache)

gonna make some tickets when i find time.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 1

28 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

DEVs you shouldn’t rush stable patches so short after EXP launch.. How often you do this mistake?  

Its one thing to do it countless times during early access, a whole different thing at a fully released game.

Since DayZ SA first released 50% of the time the devs have been constantly screamed at for apparently taking far too long with QOS testing on patches - "SOOO SLOW!! There hasn't been a F****** update in like literally 20 years RELEASE IT ALREADY!!11!! I could do it in like 10 minutes!"

The other 50% of the time the devs are constantly screamed at for apparently releasing patches far too soon with not enough QOS testing - "OMG! More F****** bugs!! I just lost my XYZ item and can't pick up XYZ thingy.... THIS GAME IS LITERAALLY UNPLAYABLE!"

They can't win 🙁

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

@krazikilla P.S. As I can't seem to edit my post I'll add this here - I wasn't having a go at you dude, please don't think that. I merely found it funny but also dishearting that my first time visiting the forums in 2+ years and the first post I saw was someone moaning about the latest patch being rushed/too slow.

Edited by DeepEuphoria
Grammar
  • Like 1

Good patch Devz, thanks, love it so far.

But I sadly agree with krazikilla,

I've been playing experimental (DE 1PP) the whole (short) time: server crash every 5 minutes.... I was saying to myself "well, yeah need some more fixes", then server down... And 1.03 hit stable...

I'm playing stable now (1PP) on an unmodded server, server crash every 5 minutes like on experimental...

Good luck with these nasty bugs.

EDIT: you really didn't convinced me that it was a good move to release this game (1.0)... I tried to accept it, but I still can't. Sorry to say this.

Edited by idie
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

I'm looking forward to test the new car, thanks for that. But, hm... not that many survivalist features, I guess? Can I ask about the priority of these? I'm enjoying DayZ these days but I'm also experiencing a string of constant minor disappointments (like no meat drying, for example). It would be nice to see at least a little bit of love to those 'gritty post-apoc survival' aspects.

Still, 1.03 is most welcome, thumbs up for all the work.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, DeepEuphoria said:

@krazikilla P.S. As I can't seem to edit my post I'll add this here - I wasn't having a go at you dude, please don't think that. I merely found it funny but also dishearting that my first time visiting the forums in 2+ years and the first post I saw was someone moaning about the latest patch being rushed/too slow.

Dont worry, i am not offended.

But if you check my posting history you will see that i mostly give accurate and honest feedback.

And sure they can win, they just should aim for a a patch around every 1-1,5months,  put it to EXP and fix at least the new Bugs on EXP before they push it to stable. Thats what EXP is here for.

Its normally not possible to iron out nor even find all/most bugs of such a big changelist within 3-4 workdays.  What they did is just plain stupid, sorry, there is nothing to describe it any more diplomatic.

This is a big! NO GO in Softwaredevelopment working with DEV/TEST/Productive Enviroments.   I understand it doesnt matter here too much, its just a game. (it matters in BIS compay reputation though) But in productive industry - ERP business, you do this 3-4 times and you can search a new job as the company might lose hundrets of thousends Euros/Dollars.

And BIS DayZ Devs? They did it already 20-30 times and DO NOT LEARN from it.

It feels like after all this years its still a chaotic crowd where one hand is not knowing what the other hand is doing.

Just starting a little buglist:

- Server crashes (official, non modded)  a lot..

- Keybinding setup bugged.  you often have to use the second column to change the first value and after saving it will jump in the first one.

- The strange hairbug (Marge Simpson Bug) made it to stable

- cars still happily flying around, even on official servers 60/60

- gasmask blocking big pars of view on FPP when using acog for example

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

3 hours ago, sethxdeath said:

Any known issues?

Well, since last Experimental Update ( not the today one) i cant swap items using the hotbar. Example: If i have a shoty in Number 1 and Axe in number 2,  cant have the shotgun in Hands and press 2 to swap to melee, i need first press 1 again to unequip the shoty  and then 2 to equip the Axe.

Yes, and i tried verify cache and delete the DayZ folder.

• Beans 2

Hey,

The new car was added to the server's types.xml, but nothing more... there should be also changes to the event.xml and cfgeventspawns.xml. I really dont want to figure out coordinates for the new car manually... 😄 I tested this with my local testserver and also with my online server. is this intended ? 😛

(yeah.. i could use other coordinates for the car spawns... but im wondering if there are any official changes 😉 )

regards

Edited by fragility
  • Like 1

Anyone knows why I can't see the icons/stamina bar etc.? I can see them when in inventory. Tried using the ` button but it does not seem to work anymore. It only toggles the quickslots.

EDIT: Pity nobody explained it me before I re-installed the game twice, but it seems that the show icon, or rather show hud option, has moved to the general game settings instead of holding `. 

Edited by amadieus

ok so keybinding why do they disappear when i change them and apply  is there away to change them without them  disappearing

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

SNIP

Due to the lock issue, should server owners be doing a wipe?

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Thanks 1

This is the error ...

So I take it this compile error I'm getting constantly when trying to log into my server, after completely wiping my game locally, means I'm going to have to wipe our server again? Is this the norm after each update? Is this a fluke or a bug? Hopefully it's just a fluke. Our server is still upside down, lol.

*cries* 😪

And here I was just wanting to log in and socialize and kill and all that for a bit of R&R.

An update of the game I understand, but a wipe? UGH.

UPDATE:

Yep. Looks like a wipe. It's not just me with the error. Same exact error for everyone trying to log in. Joy!

Edited by Leah Snow
clarity
  • Haha 1

Have some.

If you have a VSS in hands with PSO-1-1 and FireAxe on your back - you will see handgrip of axe. This bug working when you sit down on the ground.

2-nd test branch and stable branch has no spawn type for Gunter 2 (Hatchback_02 (no updates fro events.xml file same for cfgeventspawns.xml) I guess, DAMN, WRITE CLASSES IN CHANGE LOGS! 🤬👿).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Reaper TDO said:

ok so keybinding why do they disappear when i change them and apply  is there away to change them without them  disappearing

@Reaper TDO Change and save them one at a time 😉

Edited by MetalHead2112
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

anyone else having issue to change controls

11 minutes ago, hyz4 said:

anyone else having issue to change controls

2 hours ago, Reaper TDO said:

You have to somehow delete the desired keybinding of both columns and then rebind the RIGHT column. after saving it will switch to the left one and its working fine.

See, this is the kind if sh*t we have to deal with because they dont fix the bugs on EXP first.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 3

in the right upper corner there is a drop down menu> user, keyboardmouse, ctrl1. my binds are working only in the keyboardmouse, but when i exit and restart the game, it is switched back to user. they obviously did not get the meaning of experimental, when its only on for 3 days and then they set it to stable. by the way bad decision to make the VSS a heli spawn gun.

Edited by hyz4
  • Beans 1

Since nobody has mentioned it, this update has sent fuel consumption of cars through the roof. I literally had to stop and refuel my 4x4 on a drive from Novy Sobor to NWAF,  and it was full when I started...

I really hope it is a bug, because if intended it is beyond silly.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

Are there plans on upping the global limits for high-end weapons? These new wooden crates can store rare long rifles and can be buried.

Buried items are significantly harder to find than visible above-ground storage. I'm sure there will be more posts of people saying "Where are the X guns?". They're all gonna be buried in this easy to craft wooden container, lost to the rest of the world.

Honestly I'd prefer having a craftable makeshift tent above ground than this bury-able box. Above ground storage have a more natural cleaning process with people raiding them and what not.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

when I put the combination lock 4 ou 3 on the door, and try to open again closes the client instantly, bug to be fixed.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, idie said:

Good patch Devz, thanks, love it so far.

But I sadly agree with krazikilla,

I've been playing experimental (DE 1PP) the whole (short) time: server crash every 5 minutes.... I was saying to myself "well, yeah need some more fixes", then server down... And 1.03 hit stable...

I'm playing stable now (1PP) on an unmodded server, server crash every 5 minutes like on experimental...

Good luck with these nasty bugs.

EDIT: you really didn't convinced me that it was a good move to release this game (1.0)... I tried to accept it, but I still can't. Sorry to say this.

One of our servers is crashing every 10-15 minutes. No idea what it could be...