ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0150627

5 hours ago, Brandon Clinch said:

It's not really that hard to recreate. You know how the wheel works right? Anyways, I added a video of the lockup in my previous post. If you are interested check it out.

Why click on the selected section of the menu? Press the button to call the gestures menu, select the desired gesture and release the gestures menu button.

Edited by lex__1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

Why click on the selected section of the menu? Press the button to call the gestures menu, select the desired gesture and release the gestures menu button.

What in the part of "lockup the game" and "menu was stuck making me unable to move or even pressing "escape" to quit the game" are you finding difficult to understand? I know how to use the gestures and this was a bug that locked up the game.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brandon Clinch said:

What in the part of "lockup the game" and "menu was stuck making me unable to move or even pressing "escape" to quit the game" are you finding difficult to understand? I know how to use the gestures and this was a bug that locked up the game. 

If you often have a problem in the gestures menu, you need to create a ticket in the correct section. https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:05 PM, BCBasher said:

Played a bit of public last week, got a spawn on the S/W corner so I swam to Skalatisy my favourite closed ecosystem to test loot spawning, I don't think there's a player spawn there anymore?

I could run laps of the island collecting canned goods in excess, ammo, and guns.

As far as survival lol, pretty damn easy on a magical island that grows canned goods on tables and at boats every 5 minutes.  

Did you have your own server somewhere just to test settings?...some server owners have said that they have set loot to spawn again after an hour...but what i have seen and tested...setting not working

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

I have noticed a drop in AKM and M5 since the SKS and CR came out.  I don't like the idea that stashed items still count in the loot economy.  If that is true its a bad move.  Base building is poor.  Tents are way to rare.  I have been mil base looting for over 5 weeks and no tent also any heli crash I see I loot as I have found tents there as well still nada.  Is there a very low number of tents allowed on the server? Also talking about tents the placement of them is still shit (Sorry about my language).  It seems that it still has to be that perfectly flat surface.  This makes it incredibly limiting in where they can be placed.  I have found some good locations that look relatively flat to find no you can't place a tent there.  All I here is server performance from the Devs.  Yes it could do with improving, but I'm ok with it at the moment, it's the game play I want fixing as that is what keeps me in the game.  At the moment the game seems to be disappointing everyone.  Those that said it was a poor Idea to goto 1.00 are being proven correct.  Way to go you moders for keeping the game alive for people.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Did you have your own server somewhere just to test settings?...some server owners have said that they have set loot to spawn again after an hour...but what i have seen and tested...setting not working

I have my own running but thought I'd hop in a real one for few hours and see what's going on.

This was on and official EXP server.

My home server is worse but that's expected seeing as how loot is set up for 60-80 players, lost interest in mine until more pieces of the game come back. I'll eventually turn my loot spawns right down it's a joke right now, drop a tent go loot ten minutes one side of it, drop stuff at the tent, go ten minutes on the other side repeat. On mine looting and logging out then back in seems to get stuff to respawn even quicker can just hit the same place over and over.

8 hours ago, Fing said:

I have noticed a drop in AKM and M5 since the SKS and CR came out.  I don't like the idea that stashed items still count in the loot economy.  If that is true its a bad move.  Base building is poor.  Tents are way to rare.  I have been mil base looting for over 5 weeks and no tent also any heli crash I see I loot as I have found tents there as well still nada.  Is there a very low number of tents allowed on the server? Also talking about tents the placement of them is still shit (Sorry about my language).  It seems that it still has to be that perfectly flat surface.  This makes it incredibly limiting in where they can be placed.  I have found some good locations that look relatively flat to find no you can't place a tent there.  All I here is server performance from the Devs.  Yes it could do with improving, but I'm ok with it at the moment, it's the game play I want fixing as that is what keeps me in the game.  At the moment the game seems to be disappointing everyone.  Those that said it was a poor Idea to goto 1.00 are being proven correct.  Way to go you moders for keeping the game alive for people.

I couldnt agree more , I was one of the many screaming at the top of their lungs to not push dayz out of beta into 1.0 ....

I really wish they had listened , I would have gladly waited for a year more knowing they were on the right track rather than feeing frustrated while waiting that same amount of time due to how quickly they rushed the game out to meet the Xmas demand .

Just waiting for that huge patch to come , the devs have pushed out some minute things in the past two months , but it really doesn’t seem like it’s enough . Here’s to hoping it comes soon. 🍻 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, kopo79 said:

tested on your server...loot farming is still on.
5D5C3881A3D9649FD5BB83669B9EE0DACA76CC1D

Another point... many items have        <restock>0</restock>

But what is the point behind this ?

50 Shirts on map....the lifetime expire and 50 new shirts will spawn on another or same places...

If 0, CE attempts to respawn in batches. If > 0, it is time (in seconds) before ONE item is spawned"

Its pointless for me, <restock>7200/ 14400</restock> looks like a good way to save a bit performance...

Or not ?

Guys, if this is not a problem in the update, then give an explanation on setting up servers for the guys that contain the server. You come into a settlement, or any other place of spawning of things and objects, you can find there many similar things and objects. Often the same assortment is common throughout the spawning grounds of the DayZ world. The feeling is that you are in the supermarket and can not find a way out of the clothing department. You can come to any place in a few days, and find there only what was previously. Or shelves with cartridges, filled only with 45ACP cartridges. Why such a shortage of assortment in the game? 😃

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

I just got to give the sound engineers and field recorders a ton of love for the amazing sounds in this game. I feel like it's many times overlooked just how good and well executed they are crafted for the game. It's an incredible work that must have taken a lot of hard work. They make a world of difference compared to what we had back in say 2015. These sound bits (like weather, weapons, clothes, equipment, steps, gravel, grass and so on) are of world-class-top-notch-quality. And I can say that as an engineer myself. I have listened to the game through my extremely critical ATC monitors that are super harsh on poor productions. If there are any flaws in music or in this case field recordings and post processing (equalizing, compression, stereo field, phase and so on) these monitors lets me know instantly and Dayz sounds magnificent on them. Smooth yet punchy, full frequency spectrum and at the end of the day "life-like".

Hats off to Kryštof Havel and perhaps some more people not credited. You've done an outstanding job.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, Brandon Clinch said:

I just got to give the sound engineers and field recorders a ton of love for the amazing sounds in this game. I feel like it's many times overlooked just how good and well executed they are crafted for the game. It's a incredible work that must have taken a lot of hard work. They make a world of difference compared to what we had back in say 2015. These sound bits (like weather, weapons, clothes, equipment, steps, gravel, grass and so on) are of world-class-top-notch-quality. And I can say that as an engineer myself. I have listened to the game through my extremely critical ATC monitors that are super harsh on poor productions. If there are any flaws in music or in this case field recordings and post processing (equalizing, compression, stereo field, phase and so on) these monitors lets me know instantly and Dayz sounds magnificent on them. Smooth yet punchy, full frequency spectrum and at the end of the day "life-like".

Hats off to Kryštof Havel and perhaps some more people not credited. You've done an outstanding job. 

I agree completely. There is only one complaint. I just can’t catch one sound on the recording that scares me every time it happens. When it starts to rain, the sound of water running down the drainpipes is sometimes reproduced with such a short initial effect, as if they were shooting at me with a machine gun. It is not always, but it happens that you jump up from a chair 😀

Idk if this is allready reported, but here goes.

Ammo bug on public dayz servers:

1:  Place bullets in inventory.
2:  Separate bullets by right clicking them until you got no free slots in the jeans, coat or whatever.
3:  Now drag all bullets to the same slot again.
4: The bullets now seems to be overstacking on the slot. You see it when you remove the first bullet stack from the slot, and the second bullet stack is still there, on the same slot you took the first bullet stack away from. (See attachment where I drag bullet stack 1away from the slot and bullet stack 2 shows on the same slot)

When this happens, one of the other slots stops wokring, so I guess this bug is related to the inventory GUI. 

unknown.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandon Clinch said:

I just got to give the sound engineers and field recorders a ton of love for the amazing sounds in this game. I feel like it's many times overlooked just how good and well executed they are crafted for the game. It's a incredible work that must have taken a lot of hard work. They make a world of difference compared to what we had back in say 2015. These sound bits (like weather, weapons, clothes, equipment, steps, gravel, grass and so on) are of world-class-top-notch-quality. And I can say that as an engineer myself. I have listened to the game through my extremely critical ATC monitors that are super harsh on poor productions. If there are any flaws in music or in this case field recordings and post processing (equalizing, compression, stereo field, phase and so on) these monitors lets me know instantly and Dayz sounds magnificent on them. Smooth yet punchy, full frequency spectrum and at the end of the day "life-like".

I echo this post as well.  The sounds of the environment in this game are great.  I particularly like how loud the gunshots are in relation to other sound effects which allows them to really punctuate the atmosphere.

One small 'glitch' I have noticed is when the game transitions from windy to normal; the cutoff is nearly instantaneous which is quite jarring.  But other than that I am very satisfied with the sound in this game.

10 minutes ago, aaronlands said:

I echo this post as well.  The sounds of the environment in this game are great.  I particularly like how loud the gunshots are in relation to other sound effects which allows them to really punctuate the atmosphere.

One small 'glitch' I have noticed is when the game transitions from windy to normal; the cutoff is nearly instantaneous which is quite jarring.  But other than that I am very satisfied with the sound in this game.

Yeah, I agree with you. Cross-fades and normal fades in/out are probably not 100% in yet but wouldn't be that hard to implement in the future. When we have that and some more volume adjustments to the overall mix it is going to be a perfect sounding game in my opinion. The relations to footsteps and gunshots are very good too and I hope they don't change one thing about that.  It's a hard hitting and incredibly scary difference much like it would be in real life.

Edited by Brandon Clinch

13 minutes ago, Black G-Sus said:

Idk if this is allready reported, but here goes.

Ammo bug on public dayz servers:

1:  Place bullets in inventory.
2:  Separate bullets by right clicking them until you got no free slots in the jeans, coat or whatever.
3:  Now drag all bullets to the same slot again.
4: The bullets now seems to be overstacking on the slot. You see it when you remove the first bullet stack from the slot, and the second bullet stack is still there, on the same slot you took the first bullet stack away from. (See attachment where I drag bullet stack 1away from the slot and bullet stack 2 shows on the same slot)

When this happens, one of the other slots stops wokring, so I guess this bug is related to the inventory GUI. 

This is not only with ammo, same behavior with all items that you can pile (got the same thing with burlap strips or with planks)

• Like 1

Just now, matiman said:

This is not only with ammo, same behavior with all items that you can pile (got the same thing with burlap strips or with planks)

Ty! 1+

23 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I agree completely. There is only one complaint. I just can’t catch one sound on the recording that scares me every time it happens. When it starts to rain, the sound of water running down the drainpipes is sometimes reproduced with such a short initial effect, as if they were shooting at me with a machine gun. It is not always, but it happens that you jump up from a chair 😀

Like this: 

37 minutes ago, eno said:

Like this:  

Yes, this is the effect.

1. Where in dayz control "hold breath". When will this issue be resolved?
2. Change the way to keep the weapon in the top - from holding the key to pressing the key.

These are a few more topics on the forum, where the issue of ....
I think no need to explain the inconvenience associated with these issues.
If you need to create tickets for elementary understandings of questions, I will create them.

Edited by lex__1

Hold breath is just the left cntrl key... At least that's how mine is bound. 

As for a press versus a toggle... Maybe someday- although I must admit my left pinky is buff af right now. 

Edited by eno

3 hours ago, eno said:

Hold breath is just the left cntrl key... At least that's how mine is bound. 

As for a press versus a toggle... Maybe someday- although I must admit my left pinky is buff af right now.  

I could find this information about the "left cntrl key", I tried the "left cntrl key", tried all the keys, and could not turn on the breath hold.
Solved this question differently, changed the key through the change in dayz_preset_User.xml, assigned to "Numpad1" - the breath hold works.

<input name = "UAHoldBreath">
        <btn name = "kNumpad1" />

I don’t know why the left cntrl written there didn’t work for me.

I have another question.
The center of the optical sight below the center of sight. Whenever I line up my actions relative to the center of focus (point on the screen) applicable to the object / target, the action is an adventure on an iron sight, or on an optical sight, focuses the center of the sight well below the object / target. This is inconvenient in twins when using an optical sight with high magnification.
Exit from the action "sight" has the same effect, the focus of view remains above the object / goal.

Edited by lex__1

13 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I have another question.
The center of the optical sight below the center of sight. Whenever I line up my actions relative to the center of focus (point on the screen) applicable to the object / target, the action is an adventure on an iron sight, or on an optical sight, focuses the center of the sight well below the object / target. This is inconvenient in twins when using an optical sight with high magnification.
Exit from the action "sight" has the same effect, the focus of view remains above the object / goal.

I think it's just to prevent being able to hit things accurately from the hip or at least without focusing on the sights. Not sure what the issue is. 

Edited by eno

1 minute ago, eno said:

I think it's just to prevent being able to hit things accurately from the hip or at least without focusing on the sights. Not sure what the issue is.  

When a character is lying on the ground, you switch to an optical sight with high magnification, the sight is very far down from the target. This is not right.
If we get used to this, we will then be added a little to the left or to the right of the focus of sight? 😉

11 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

When a character is lying on the ground, you switch to an optical sight with high magnification, the sight is very far down from the target. This is not right.
If we get used to this, we will then be added a little to the left or to the right of the focus of sight? 😉

And if you use the optic in your hand it doesn't work at all so count your blessings.

• Haha 1