ImpulZ

Experimental Update 0.63.149776

14 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

@remastyi  Rangefinder works. the data of the distance are shared as "Game Message". So you have to put the ingame messages "ON" in the options.

Wow. Thanks.

• Beans 1

When the night starts and it goes into the dark phase (where you can not see anything properly anymore) if you have a flashlight (I only had that to test) then it's like the battery goes dead. There is hardly any light in a time of about 10-15min. When the night is older, the light works fine until morning comes and you do not need it anymore.

• Like 1

On 7.12.2018 at 8:37 PM, dallebull said:

As i said in the other thread, sickness is in, you can at least catch a cold. 

0ynqdjq.png

Has anyone managed to get rid of the cold? Antibiotics don't seem to work, even after approx. 1 hour play time I'm still sick, coughing and sneezing like mad.

One small feedback to BI:

We (3 friends) loved to see the contagion of the cold but this happened way too fast IMO. It started with me and in no time (I think less than 5 minutes) we all had it. This should take way more time. And it also could "grow" slower, e.g. starting with some light coughing or some harrumphing sounds.

It could very well be that it wasn't a contagion but we all got sick by coldness and rain. But this is rather unlikely.

Edited by Undeceived

35 minutes ago, Undeceived said:

Has anyone managed to get rid of the cold?

<really don't tell anyone you know this>
It's being tried out in controlled doses on PC players but in fact the plan is to release it on console to turn all Xbox players into Zombies

I always thought you have to use the advanced cooking mechanics and combine a lemon, sugar and boiled water in a cooking pot....

2 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Has anyone managed to get rid of the cold? Antibiotics don't seem to work, even after approx. 1 hour play time I'm still sick, coughing and sneezing like mad.

I'm not sure if they thought this through, but colds are due to viruses so antibiotics would have no effect. In theory it could very well prolong a cold because you are reducing the beneficial bacteria in your digestive system by taking antibiotics. I could see antibiotics used if you ate bad food that had a high bacterial population to treat dysentery.

We got rid of a cold on an older patch with Codine pills, which makes complete sense.  They worked perfectly with water; however, it seems to not be working atm on Stable or Exp...

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

<really don't tell anyone you know this>
It's being tried out in controlled doses on PC players but in fact the plan is to release it on console to turn all Xbox players into Zombies

.......they are xbox players....  that would be an intelligence upgrade

• Haha 1

Video proof of infected still teleporting:

Also, it seems that I'm unable to shoot teleporting infected until they teleported.

Edit: that last infected is the one which I tried to shoot at the tower. If you look carefully, the infected is gone at the tower once the last one suddenly pops next to me.

Seems to me that he is stuck in the tower or something and when they get full aggro, I guess, they teleport.

Other observations:

- Nighttime is much better, I'm able to navigate but still need a light source for the small details like loot
- Infected damage your clothing too fast
- Way too much loot, not long after the video I hit 20 k calories. Did that in less than 8 hours. Also way too many military guns and ammo.
- Weather is much better, it still rains but not 12 hours on end.
- The power attacking is really annoying, it makes you attack slow which makes you vulnerable against hits in between your hits

The game definitely needs some crucial bugs to be fixed and also some balancing needs to be done before 1.0.

Edited by IMT

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

We got rid of a cold on an older patch with Codine pills, which makes complete sense.  They worked perfectly with water; however, it seems to not be working atm on Stable or Exp...

Unfortunately this doesn't work in the current version (Experimental).

A friend ate 4 packages of codein and drank until the stomach symbol appeared - no dice. You can see the bacterial symbol changing the direction (with three dots), but this isn't sufficient.

It's bugged as it seems. :-(

has anyone tested having a cold for multiple cycles of days in game whilebtaking codeine intermittently? in real life you can take as many pills as you want and all it will do is mask symptoms of your cold (usually with side effects) and ride the cold out.  it would make sense if in game you just had to wait out the illness

3 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

has anyone tested having a cold for multiple cycles of days in game whilebtaking codeine intermittently? in real life you can take as many pills as you want and all it will do is mask symptoms of your cold (usually with side effects) and ride the cold out.  it would make sense if in game you just had to wait out the illness

Good point. We played around 2 hours with the cold, taking codein and antibiotics (these tetra...... tabs). Up to now there's no sign of recovery.

Edited by Undeceived
  • Beans 1

12 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

i've had a cold only once, and i got rid of it by taking it easy.

at first my character was sneezing only from time to time, but it seemed to me, that the more i was running and sprinting the worse it got with coughing every few seconds.

i then decided to walk as much as possible, and it seemed to me, that my character was coughing and sneezing less.

after a while i reached a summer camp and got some tetracycline antibiotics from the medical facility. i took one every few minutes for like half an hour. i then logged off, and then a new version was released.

the time i next played, my character seemed pretty much cured. the virus status indicator had one arrow up for a while and after some time showed no more arrow (i guess i was fully cured then).

i can't tell which of my behavior (if anything at all) has led to my cure, but i think it was mostly the less running/sprinting part.

maybe you guys want to try that if you can.

(a common cold is usually caused by a virus, so antibiotics shouldn't work in-game, and don't help irl. antibiotics are for (or rather against) bacteria)

• Beans 3

I sat naked in a pond while it was raining and ate worms, guts, rotten tomatoes and drank water from the pond. Then finally the "yuck head" appeared. So I was sick, but all this had no negative effects on the body, no loss of water, no increased energy consumption, health and blood was unchanged. Only acoustically was to realize that something was wrong. I'm assuming diseases are implemented but very weak, and they have no "effects" this mean: all negative disease scores are set to "0".

(The absence of the disease caused my character to get the construction fever, on UK 0-8 in Lumbermill [south-east] it's ... hell if there are armed people in it.) Who wants to, I'll play it again stable ^^).

6062CF0A254CC0E809C9498A45B8B4A5D2719D0A

21 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

i totally get what you are saying.  when i get hit with a bullet in real life i usually have instant reaction time and am totally unaffected by the impact of the slug.  Being affected by being SHOT WITH BULLETS is really immersion breaking..... seriously?

Except that's absolutely not what he said.

What he's actually pointing out is that the current mechanic allows even semi-competent players to stunlock their opponents in such a fashion that, from the first bullet and on, they cannot do anything anymore.
Which is, mind you, both entirely unrealistic, and stupidly unenjoyable.

Sure, among other things, gun shots applies blunt force, and as such they can make you stagger as your body absorb the kinetic energy carried from the bullet.
But spaced shots, with most if not all bullet calibers found ingame, wouldn't and shouldn't make you stagger undefinitely like a one-legged, blindfolded drunkard standing on a guard rail. Yet, they occasionally do exactly this.

Most importantly: they don't instantly stop your motion, forcing your character to stand immobile as the stagger animation unfolds. Yet, they systematically do exactly this, and it's the very source of the stunlock, which is both unrealistic and slightly game breaking when it happens.

The staggering itself isn't the issue, it's supposed to happen, obviously. Just not this way.
So he's absolutely right in pointing it out, as in its current state, the mechanic potentially turns gunfights into a stale turkey shoot fair.

The devs themselves have acknowledged this problem.

• Beans 2

10 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I sat naked in a pond while it was raining and ate worms, guts, rotten tomatoes and drank water from the pond. Then finally the "yuck head" appeared. So I was sick, but all this had no negative effects on the body, no loss of water, no increased energy consumption, health and blood was unchanged. Only acoustically was to realize that something was wrong. I'm assuming diseases are implemented but very weak, and they have no "effects" this mean: all negative disease scores are set to "0".

(The absence of the disease caused my character to get the construction fever, on UK 0-8 in Lumbermill [south-east] it's ... hell if there are armed people in it.) Who wants to, I'll play it again stable ^^).

6062CF0A254CC0E809C9498A45B8B4A5D2719D0A

You are right.less than week to go and get these things done.

If only symptom is sneezing and yuck face...its half made system.

What i have tested...eating guts,whole deer raw,drinking alcoholic tincture doaent give any diseases.only dring from pond does it.

Coldness i havent experienced at all despite my efforts...swimming in ocean naked/clothes on...same to ponds,rivers,...naked in rain.

Got to test today and get myself killed by enviroment

20 hours ago, Undeceived said:

One small feedback to BI:

We (3 friends) loved to see the contagion of the cold but this happened way too fast IMO. It started with me and in no time (I think less than 5 minutes) we all had it. This should take way more time. And it also could "grow" slower, e.g. starting with some light coughing or some harrumphing sounds.

It could very well be that it wasn't a contagion but we all got sick by coldness and rain. But this is rather unlikely.

Yeah, i waited for like 3-4 days. (friday-yesterday...  12+ ingame hours... Try to stay dry and hot.

Next time I'll just drop my gear at the camp and suicide. -.-

When I drank pond water and got some kind of sickness hydration was draining from my system way faster than usual. It didn't last very long though, I survived by drinking a lot of (safe) water until it passed. I couldn't eat though, any food I ate came up after a few seconds.

1 hour ago, Beavis3D said:

When I drank pond water and got some kind of sickness hydration was draining from my system way faster than usual. It didn't last very long though, I survived by drinking a lot of (safe) water until it passed. I couldn't eat though, any food I ate came up after a few seconds.

Not long? Damn, I remember cholera to take hours to go away. Once you went to stage 2 and 3, you could nothing do than sit because it would drain your hydration so fast that moving would make it much worse. Oh those were the times, fighting cholera until the brink of dead and finally getting healthy.

• Beans 5

On 07/12/2018 at 7:27 PM, Mallette said:

"Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe."

Surely this is a MUST FIX before stable release ?

I hope so with all my heart .. Otherwise, escuse me the terms but it is purely and simply to "mock the head" people, for a 1.0.

Fingers crossed ... The servers are empty on my side, I REALLY count on the 1.0 to remove THIS BUG, it's for me the only annoying bug .. And I'm ADMIN ...

Find and correct it, or repel the 1.0, it makes no sense.

You did a SUPER TAFF, nothing to say. Perfect. Just this small and slight concern ... I admit, it is less present it's last days! But to see this little "....". I do not like it :(.

Good luck.

Edited by lartdeschoix
Your too curious!
  • Like 1

"yuck face" is now a technical term, lol.

This forum has degenerated significantly.

Maybe a busticated 1.0 will be a good thing.

Then the non-hackers will wash out sooner rather than later.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

23 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

"yuck face" is now a technical term, lol.

This forum has degenerated significantly.

Bio

What you see happening on this forum is in direct correlation of how the community (and the arbitrary and rushed release) is being handled by the developers.   We just sit on the sidelines eating popcorn and hoping this doesn't turn into, as someone so eloquently put it, a dumpster fire.  No update to EXP over the weekend... the WEEKEND before the game comes out of BETA (for what, like a month?) and is available for the general public as a RELEASE.  Yet, we are told, it's HIGH NOON in Prague.... The proof will be in the proverbial pudding in 3 DayZ.  It's surely not evident on any official channel as of right now.  There is literally only one algorithm that will work on Wednesday... 

Hat + Rabbit = Miracle

• Beans 1